Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So just as a point of hindsight, maybe some of this confusion could have been avoided if we had been informed of how the HVD top was supposed to perform, before we got it. All those little button press features should not be left to accidental discovery. It leads to confusion and thinking it isn't working right because there are unknown features. There was no info about this prior to the relase, and after checking the included instruction sheet, it looks more like a parts/battery config. sheet, with no details about button features, or how to work them. I have had several rounds of thinking, this upgrade was just not ready or not made right, based on people's reactions here, and now I find out it was made intentionally to behave this way (which I understand why now) so it could be used with future products. All of it is making sense now, but I think many of us would not have reacted in this way had we simply known what to expect. All we had to work with was the way previous devices behave. Since I still can't use mine YET(totally my own fault), all I have to go by is what you guys are experiencing, so that adds even more layers. I will retract my earlier comment about thinking of returning it. Now that I see how it is supposed to perform and why, I will def. hang onto the HVD, unless I find it has a real problem once I do get to try it out.

brian420

I'm flattered I inspired such a response but

as was just explained, THC says (and said long before your post) that it's a feature

whether or not you want it is something else (my mod really does work if you want to avoid this "feature"...)

The "one memeber that figured it out" was this (the post that you alone liked):

Notice he doesn't actually explain anything, just complaining about how complicated several configuration is to him and blaming it on bad engineering.

But what's really funny is this, the post right above nicks, where THC actually says that it's a feature (hey didn't someone try to tell you guys that?)
complaining? what are you talking about? hes compiled a bunch of information from this thread into one post... from what i'm seeing here you think anyone who has something negative to say about this product is complaining? grow up.

also, why does he need to explain anything? anyone with half a brain can put the pieces together and figure out what happened for themselves.

its also very funny that you really think the turning off thing was intended, why would they implement a feature for only the large tube and not the mini? it simply doesn't add up... it was an engineering flaw, its obvious, if you aren't mentally challenged you should see that.

i suppose they meant to make the omicron logo look completely retarded when connected to the hvd top too?

why do you think a long spring was used for the hvd unit rather than using a metal post similar to the previous design? because they knew the tube would be varying lengths and they had to compensate for that (apparently without telling the customers).

also very funny that you are all being lied to on a public forum and accepting it for the truth. i can guarantee 100% that the unit was not meant to turn off when it was bumped, otherwise i believe this would be a feature implemented into the head its self, and not a "feature" relying on the battery's disconnecting for a moment, causing a break in the entire electrical current of the unit. how would that even work with the reactor connected? don't you take the batteries out when using the reactor? like i said before, it simply doesn't add up.

edit: by the way, "because G said so" is not a reason to believe anything you read. don't forget hes the one making money off of you, hes a SALESMAN, not your buddy.

Mod note: You are pushing our "be nice" rule with your mentally challenged comment and your style of writing (aka attitude) is getting very close to trolling.

brian420,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
its also very funny that you really think the turning off thing was intended, why would they implement a feature for only the large tube and not the mini? it simply doesn't add up... it was an engineering flaw, its obvious, if you aren't retarded you should see that.

also very funny that you are all being lied to on a public forum and accepting it for the truth. i can guarantee 100% that the unit was not meant to turn off when it was bumped, otherwise i believe this would be a feature implemented into the head its self, and not a "feature" relying on the battery's disconnecting for a moment, causing a break in the entire electrical current of the unit. how would that even work with the reactor connected? don't you take the batteries out when using the reactor? like i said before, it simply doesn't add up.
as someone who owns the hammer for the persei and DOESN'T WANT TO BURN DOWN HIS HOUSE, i can guarantee 100%" that you don't know what you are talking about. if you have the hammer on and you drop it, trust me, you'll want it to turn off so you don't, oh yeah. burn down my house. are you willing to bet your house against mine and what's in it that it wasn't on purpose? know of what you speak, that's all i got to say.

brian420

as someone who owns the hammer for the persei and DOESN'T WANT TO BURN DOWN HIS HOUSE, i can guarantee 100%" that you don't know what you are talking about. if you have the hammer on and you drop it, trust me, you'll want it to turn off so you don't, oh yeah. burn down my house. are you willing to bet your house against mine and what's in it that it wasn't on purpose? know of what you speak, that's all i got to say.
i never said it wouldn't be a good feature, and maybe it was properly implemented in the persei, however this is not the persei thread, this is the omicron thread.

learn how to read, thats all i've got to say.

brian420,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
So just as a point of hindsight, maybe some of this confusion could have been avoided if we had been informed of how the HVD top was supposed to perform, before we got it. All those little button press features should not be left to accidental discovery. It leads to confusion and thinking it isn't working right because there are unknown features. There was no info about this prior to the relase, and after checking the included instruction sheet, it looks more like a parts/battery config. sheet, with no details about button features, or how to work them. I have had several rounds of thinking, this upgrade was just not ready or not made right, based on people's reactions here, and now I find out it was made intentionally to behave this way (which I understand why now) so it could be used with future products. All of it is making sense now, but I think many of us would not have reacted in this way had we simply known what to expect. All we had to work with was the way previous devices behave. Since I still can't use mine YET(totally my own fault), all I have to go by is what you guys are experiencing, so that adds even more layers. I will retract my earlier comment about thinking of returning it. Now that I see how it is supposed to perform and why, I will def. hang onto the HVD, unless I find it has a real problem once I do get to try it out.

You are right about the instructions and letting people know about how it was supposed to be operated before the release and this is all my fault and i will take blame on this.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i never said it wouldn't be a good feature, and maybe it was properly implemented in the persei, however this is not the persei thread, this is the omicron thread.
regardless. that wasn't your point. you said the bump off feature was a design flaw, mistake and that any thing THC said to contradict that is a lie and that we are retarded for not believing that. firstly i really object to your use of that word. secondly, my point is this head was made for the hammer and reactor as well. the hammer NEEDS the bump off feature, which is what THC said. so no, we aren't retarded and no it's not a lie

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: Jay420

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
THC, your replacement offer is super-generous - Everything _I_ could want, plus the logo will match too. I really hope this makes everyone happy. I can't imagine any better support than what you have promised.

Regarding the timeout issue - There is a simple answer that you can "steal" from the Joyetech ecigs: The new Joyetech switch controller switches mode when and only when the button is held AND the 5-click lock is active. To do the same for the HVD top, you could have it switch between momentary and on-off by holding the button down, when locked for say 5-10 seconds, just like the ecigs work. Also, make sure that on initial power on the head "boots" to momentary mode - locked would be nice too, but the ecig guys didn't like that one.

-NDA

We will look into this thanks for pointing it out, but since our design is new and not based on other designs, i guess we have to see if we can implement it on this board or make a new one, either case we will know for sure tomorrow.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

brian420

regardless. that wasn't your point. you said the bump off feature was a design flaw, mistake and that any thing THC said to contradict that is a lie and that we are retarded for not believing that. firstly i really object to your use of that word. secondly, my point is this head was made for the hammer and reactor as well. the hammer NEEDS the bump off feature, which is what THC said. so no, we aren't retarded and no it's not a lie
my point was that the batteries will not be in the unit when you connect the reactor, since THC scientific is online can we get some clarification on that?

if the batteries are not in the unit, how would the "feature" work? how would the circuit disconnect? the answer is it wouldn't, unless something was built into the reactor its self to cut off the power supply, which would make the current turning off "feature" completely useless.

what do you not understand?

brian420,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
my point was that the batteries will not be in the unit when you connect the reactor, since THC scientific is online can we get some clarification on that?

if the batteries are not in the unit, how would the "feature" work? how would the circuit disconnect? the answer is it wouldn't, unless something was built into the reactor its self to cut off the power supply, which would make the current turning off "feature" completely useless.

what? i'm sorry how did this get from it's a lie to asking questions. that's what i don't get. the rest i do.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: Jay420

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys this feature for turning off on the hvd during 7.4v is related to the spring cap that is required to use with 7.4v.

Reason for this and i hope to explain it correctly.

The bottom cap with the spring that is required to use 7.4v is also a "hot spring" meaning it will collapse and disconnect the battery from making a connection with the head if it over heats from to much current, meaning if there is something a miss with the head the spring will only handle a certain amount of current before it collapses effectively disconnecting the battery.

Then there is the hole on the bottom cap to allow the battery to vent, if lets say the battery issue is not resolved when the spring collapses.

the reason this is not part of the 3.7v because from what the engineers told me is if the omicron is used within its limits there is not enough current, at 3.7v that can melt the hot spring, but you can still see the hole to make sure if the battery vents it will not allow pressure to build.

They all work together guys.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

Because the hammer is on the persei with batteries this plays a role and when dropped will disconnect the battery from the top and reset.

The Same function is on the Omicron because you can run the hammer for 5 minutes before it kills the batteries.

the Omicron Pass through will have a spring system to deactivate the top when dropped. We are working on this feature.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

brian420

what? i'm sorry how did this get from it's a lie to asking questions. that's what i don't get. the rest i do.
i think you are too medicated for your own good bob... let me take this one small step at a time.

the reactor allows you to connect your device to an AC adapter.

in the description of the persei reactor, it states that it allows "freedom from batteries", which i assume means that no batteries will be present in the unit at all while using the reactor.

currently, the feature that has been explained to you as an "auto turn off feature", is simply the long spring on the bottom cap being too long... the batteries should not be able to bounce around as much as they do.

because of this engineering flaw, dropping the unit breaks the circuit and thus you get an unlocked unit, notice that this does not happen on the mini-unit (with hvd top or normal top).

also notice that the mini uses the bottom cap from the v2, this is a very specifically measured part as it keeps the battery held in place firmly. the mini unit does not turn off when you drop it.

if the hvd top is meant to be used with the reactor one day, why would the feature not be built into the top? why is it dependent on batteries disconnecting to break the circuit? the batteries won't even be in the unit, right?

how can anyone realistically argue that the turning off of the unit was intended? i guess common sense really isn't so common...

just think about it....

Because the hammer is on the persei with batteries this plays a role and when dropped will disconnect the battery from the top and reset.

The Same function is on the Omicron because you can run the hammer for 5 minutes before it kills the batteries.

the Omicron Pass through will have a spring system to deactivate the top when dropped. We are working on this feature.

thanks for the explanation, if this feature really does depend on the battery disconnecting then i apologize, however it seems there should be a better way to accomplish the breaking of the circuit.

brian420,

OF

Since I still can't use mine YET(totally my own fault)

Is that really true? Unless you lack a charger? But you should be able to PM G (or open a ticket) and get a small cap sent to you. I asked for it on the ticket I filed Monday about this time for the dead battery in the kit and asked them to please include the cap (saves shipping and another package to have to chase to the PO....). It got here a bit ago (I was here to sign for it) and with it I can use the tube, top and battery from the upgrade to vape. Aren't you just short a short end cap?

I agree with the rest, especially the confusing part.......

OF

OF,

greenmunster

Haven't been able to use mine in about 2 months :(
only had the v1's for about 4 months before they stopped working.

greenmunster,

OF

i think you are too medicated for your own good bob... let me take this one small step at a time.

currently, the feature that has been explained to you as an "auto turn off feature", is simply the long spring on the bottom cap being too long... the batteries should not be able to bounce around as much as they do.

because of this engineering flaw, dropping the unit breaks the circuit and thus you get an unlocked unit, notice that this does not happen on the mini-unit (with hvd top or normal top).

also notice that the mini uses the bottom cap from the v2, this is a very specifically measured part as it keeps the battery held in place firmly. the mini unit does not turn off when you drop it.

if the hvd top is meant to be used with the reactor one day, why would the feature not be built into the top? why is it dependent on batteries disconnecting to break the circuit? the batteries won't even be in the unit, right?

how can anyone realistically argue that the turning off of the unit was intended? i guess common sense really isn't so common...

OK, I'll to some of those same small steps?

Again, I think it was you I asked, how do you know it is random? Who says how much bounce is too much? How is this you can be so sure this is not a feature as seems so likely. Yes, the unlocking part is subtle. Since this is sure to have been noticed just getting this far in the production process (or did you think nobody anywhere ever put one together and tried it out?), I'm pretty confident it's a feature that was looked for. The unlocking part, I agree, might not have been expected.

BTW, using the top on the old tube with 3.7 Volts does the same thing, is that an "engineering flaw" too? And using 14500s instead so you can use the long end cap gets the same result, except it's even more sensitive.....think that's a clue? I do.

And no, the cap came first, the tube was made as short as possible, which is the logical way I think? And yes, my mini will turn off when dropped, sometimes. But my cap goes down flush, I understand some others don't?

I think I already said I think this is a legitimate inertia switch, even elegant. And it seems to work if set up correctly. What, exactly are you proposing? An accelerometer and ADC? This is a classic problem for auto airbags, the sensors there are not so cheap.....and they make way more of them than vapes. Nor are they as sensitive as we need, amongst other issues. Did you have an alternative in mind? I kinda like this one, now that I'm starting to follow it.

The PA, when it happens I think will have a spring loaded weight in it, with contacts at the top. Wanna bet?

Finally, let me rhetorically ask you, "given the business end of the Reactor is 1200 degrees how can you realistically argue the maker never considered it getting dropped or knocked onto the carpet?" For sure, having considered the threat I'd expect him to do something about it. As to common sense being what it is, I've no idea.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
OK, I'll to some of those same small steps?

Again, I think it was you I asked, how do you know it is random? Who says how much bounce is too much? How is this you can be so sure this is not a feature as seems so likely. Yes, the unlocking part is subtle. Since this is sure to have been noticed just getting this far in the production process (or did you think nobody anywhere ever put one together and tried it out?), I'm pretty confident it's a feature that was looked for. The unlocking part, I agree, might not have been expected.

BTW, using the top on the old tube with 3.7 Volts does the same thing, is that an "engineering flaw" too? And using 14500s instead so you can use the long end cap gets the same result, except it's even more sensitive.....think that's a clue? I do.

And no, the cap came first, the tube was made as short as possible, which is the logical way I think? And yes, my mini will turn off when dropped, sometimes. But my cap goes down flush, I understand some others don't?

I think I already said I think this is a legitimate inertia switch, even elegant. And it seems to work if set up correctly. What, exactly are you proposing? An accelerometer and ADC? This is a classic problem for auto airbags, the sensors there are not so cheap.....and they make way more of them than vapes. Nor are they as sensitive as we need, amongst other issues. Did you have an alternative in mind? I kinda like this one, now that I'm starting to follow it.

The PA, when it happens I think will have a spring loaded weight in it, with contacts at the top. Wanna bet?

Finally, let me rhetorically ask you, "given the business end of the Reactor is 1200 degrees how can you realistically argue the maker never considered it getting dropped or knocked onto the carpet?" For sure, having considered the threat I'd expect him to do something about it. As to common sense being what it is, I've no idea.

OF
am glad that you are willing to address this, however i'm still back on us being retarded and him being 100% sure there is no point. now he wants to "listen" to what the point is and have his questions anwered and discuss the point. why? he's already 100% that we don't know what we are talking about.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

the reactor allows you to connect your device to an AC adapter.

in the description of the persei reactor, it states that it allows "freedom from batteries", which i assume means that no batteries will be present in the unit at all while using the reactor.

just think about it....

thanks for the explanation, if this feature really does depend on the battery disconnecting then i apologize, however it seems there should be a better way to accomplish the breaking of the circuit.

Guys this feature for turning off on the hvd during 7.4v is related to the spring cap that is required to use with 7.4v.

Reason for this and i hope to explain it correctly.

The bottom cap with the spring that is required to use 7.4v is also a "hot spring" meaning it will collapse and disconnect the battery from making a connection with the head if it over heats from to much current, meaning if there is something a miss with the head the spring will only handle a certain amount of current before it collapses effectively disconnecting the battery.

Then there is the hole on the bottom cap to allow the battery to vent, if lets say the battery issue is not resolved when the spring collapses.

the reason this is not part of the 3.7v because from what the engineers told me is if the omicron is used within its limits there is not enough current, at 3.7v that can melt the hot spring, but you can still see the hole to make sure if the battery vents it will not allow pressure to build.

They all work together guys.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

am glad that you are willing to address this, however i'm still back on us being retarded and him being 100% sure there is no point. now he wants to "listen" to what the point is and have his questions anwered and discuss the point. why? he's already 100% that we don't know what we are talking about.

You know, Bob, that part bothers me too. How come it is he knows so well what makes no sense to me?

Maybe it has to do with that 'common sense' thing? We just don't have enough? Or we're just stoned! That's it.......

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
You know, Bob, that part bothers me too. How come it is he knows so well what makes no sense to me?

Maybe it has to do with that 'common sense' thing? We just don't have enough? Or we're just stoned! That's it.......

OF

As a former teacher you should know the answers to the questions that was never asked, or the questions to the answers that was never answered.

In reality what im trying to say is, you know what i mean.

Maybe......

JoeKickass

anyone with half a brain can put the pieces together and figure out what happened for themselves.

... it was an engineering flaw, its obvious, if you aren't mentally challenged you should see that.

I wish you would stop calling me names before people have a chance to correct you...

also very funny that you are all being lied to on a public forum and accepting it for the truth. i can guarantee 100% that the unit was not meant to turn off when it was bumped... like i said before, it simply doesn't add up.

edit: by the way, "because G said so" is not a reason to believe anything you read. don't forget hes the one making money off of you, hes a SALESMAN, not your buddy.

Look at his posts, full of misspellings and switched up things. When he has something new he can barely keep from spilling the beans (and he frequently does) When he makes a mistake he takes the blame and pays for it himself, he doesn't deflect. Does any of that say salesman to you?

He's more buddy than salesman, but he's more stubborn visionary than buddy imo

Keep it up G
:tup:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ya the lack of education killed me.

My native language is spell it like you speak it, not this i before e except after C stuff.

Spell a cat with a k and your screwed.

Funny thing is i was a honor student, just spelling sucked because i really didnt care.

Look at albert didnt he fail math? but here im just saying and never misled anyone. I have told people i am a uneducated guy.

Top Bottom