Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

tharealmclovin

well great, i am using very runny fliud like oils, so prolly why my cart is working for me.

you dont understand, so lets do this the easy way... :)

i smoke oils that are very runny "fluid oils",
i thought your cart was designed for "any oils that will solidify" as advertised,
and as runny as the oils i use are, they do still solidify upon cooling,
but your carts cant handle the runnier oils that still solidify very well, its proven.

im very glad you guys are testing a cart for the omi that "fluid oils" wont leak out of or clog.
i will actually buy it immediately to try out and i really hope it works well for me and others.
thanks

You are self admittedly using the oils that give the omicron trouble. Why not just use your Omicron cartridges with the (better) stable oils and use your whatever the fuck it is for your (shitty) runny oils.

tharealmclovin,
Why not do BHO right.
i fully fucking agree with you...
but its trailor park rockstars that cook this shit and sell to my dispensories that i dont trust.
i am getting up enough balls to try myself, but there is only one place in the seattle area that i would trust BHO from, seattle's best concentrates, thay have a botanical grade extracter that purges properly.

rusty shacklford,

tharealmclovin

RSO is commonly made with 99% Iso or Naphtha

Wouldnt that fall under ISO then??

but its trailor park rockstars that cook this shit and sell to my dispensories that i dont trust.
i am getting up enough balls to try myself, but there is only one place in the seattle area that i would trust BHO from, seattle's best concentrates, thay have a botanical grade extracter that purges properly.

Its not that hard. I prefer my home made personally

Or buy it from the dispenseries and do another purge or 2

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: jpdnkstr
Wouldnt that fall under ISO then??

Its not that hard. I prefer my home made personally

Or buy it from the dispenseries and do another purge or 2

ok you got me there, i could do 2nd purge when it gets home... just such a pain for liek a g or 2.
but if i put if in a violet glass container i have, i could purge and harvest it easy enuf.

obviously i buy the seattle's best stuff when i can. this shit is still pretty spendy up here in the nw though, like still 75 a g for rs oil, and 55-75 a g for co2, and 50-75 a g of bho.

ill make you guys a deal tho, if i do this and it actually works better somehow then the bho i already tried in the omi, i'll shut the fuck up about it and eat crow... which should please a few people.

but like i said, my whole motivation here is to vape oils and not have to worry about benzene or any solvents for that matter, so i choose the "cleaner" solvent made oils, which tend to be thinner/fluid oils.

rusty shacklford,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
So how do you know if the ISO is purged properly? I doubt ido is good for the lungs.

As far as trying different oils, I would suggest try wax first. Let it cool down between hits and follow the directions.

ok you got me there, i could do 2nd purge when it gets home... just such a pain for liek a g or 2.
but if i put if in a violet glass container i have, i could purge and harvest it easy enuf.

obviously i buy the seattle's best stuff when i can. this shit is still pretty spendy up here in the nw though, like still 75 a g for rs oil, and 55-75 a g for co2, and 50-75 a g of bho.

ill make you guys a deal tho, if i do this and it actually works better somehow then the bho i already tried in the omi, i'll shut the fuck up about it and eat crow... which should please a few people.

but like i said, my whole motivation here is to vape oils and not have to worry about benzene or any solvents for that matter, so i choose the "cleaner" solvent made oils, which tend to be thinner/fluid oils.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Jhonny

thirdly, i don't use a torch, i use a low grade heat gun, some use hair dryers, some use the oven. others could use a light that gets 130 deg. as the cart and FILL TOOL just need to get hot enough to melt the wax. fourthly, oh yea, i said it already, FILL TOOL. fifthly, just cuz something smells bad doesn't mean it's harmful and vice versa. Brussel Sprouts smell like rotten ass, but apparently they are great for ya. get some education before spouting off please. and try not to make personal attacks. and i will refrain from doing so as well. btw, i like ur handle and avatar

EDiT - also you are using some oils that have been known to run away from heat, iso and RS have reported doing this, which makes it harder for the wick system to grab the oil. so this is a known factor

Our cartridges work as advertised.

Like it was said to many different oils and to many different users. We can't rule out user error out of this problem, untill I can test your oil I'm gonna chalk this on user oil issue.

Reason behind that is this, RS oils I know leaks and so do most co2.

The technology is not perfect because we can't rule out user error.

So how do you know if the ISO is purged properly? I doubt ido is good for the lungs.

As far as trying different oils, I would suggest try wax first. Let it cool down between hits and follow the directions.

Must admit, that I feel like a cartridge tester with my 1.5 carts.

The 1st cart that I filled, tastes bad because I didn't pre-oxidize it.
The 2nd & 3rd carts have been pre-oxidized, tasted OK for the 20 first hits and than started to taste bad.
The 4th and 5th carts were pre-oxidized and filled by using a hair-dryer, tasted really good after filling, but are starting to taste bad now after about 30-40 hits each.

And if I vape to much, in the morning I wake up with an extreme throat irritation.
- I dont have and I never had this throat irritation problems when I vaped the same concentrates mixed with weed or hash/skuff in my Solo vape at max temperature setting.

I also haven't seen any instructions saying that you should not use a torch, nor that you should take care to not overheat the oil while filling or later while vaping. Nor that the 1.5 carts tend to overheat the oil and cause bad taste issues.
Just knew that ISO oil could cause leak and clog issues and to not use "Extract oils that are too thin or runny at room temperature, or poorly processed / purged"

Had no leaks and no clogs; just bad taste issues and throat irritation that in my opinion is caused by to high temperatures and combustion.

So at the moment if feel like a tester and not like vaping in a healthy way at all. And I suppose that all these problems do come from the 1.5 ohm carts that simply overheat to quickly.

Have decided to not use them anymore and I really don't know if I should give a try to 2.4 carts or simply forget it.

In my opinion the 1.5 carts do not work well and are to tricky to use to be coinsidered "a healthy alternative to intake essentiel oils" and the instructions in the user guide are simple not complete. You can not pretend that every customer reads the 250 pages of the omicron thread here on the forum... to be able to use properly these 1.5 carts.

Jhonny,

Jay420

Come to Cali and all your medical marijuana woes will be answered with some of the cleanest extracts out there. Most clubs where I live send in their waxes to labs to test specifically for solvent residue. And in all honesty bro , the only reason we "flame" ya is to make sure your not going around vaping plastic all day.

Cinnamonster

Come to Cali and all your medical marijuana woes will be answered with some of the cleanest extracts out there. Most clubs where I live send in their waxes to labs to test specifically for solvent residue. And in all honesty bro , the only reason we "flame" ya is to make sure your not going around vaping plastic all day.

Hell yes, CA rulez. I feel bad knowing that on average, some people pay up to $70 for a gram of oil... I'd also be mad at whatever my first vape was that led me to 'waste' my money on these oils, but I would also take into consideration user error... which is probably why you weren't able to enjoy your Omicron as much as the other 90% (or more?)
I suggest giving it another chance, but like THC said, if you can get wax, you should try that. The lighter colored ones are the best. :tup:

Cinnamonster,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Must admit, that I feel like a cartridge tester with my 1.5 carts.

The 2nd & 3rd carts have been pre-oxidized, tasted OK for the 20 first hits and than started to taste bad.
The 4th and 5th carts were pre-oxidized and filled by using a hair-dryer, tasted really good after filling, but are starting to taste bad now after about 30-40 hits each.

Had no leaks and no clogs; just bad taste issues and throat irritation that in my opinion is caused by to high temperatures and combustion.

So at the moment if feel like a tester and not like vaping in a healthy way at all. And I suppose that all these problems do come from the 1.5 ohm carts that simply overheat to quickly.

Have decided to not use them anymore and I really don't know if I should give a try to 2.4 carts or simply forget it.

In my opinion the 1.5 carts do not work well and are to tricky to use to be coinsidered "a healthy alternative to intake essentiel oils" and the instructions in the user guide are simple not complete. You can not pretend that every customer reads the 250 pages of the omicron thread here on the forum... to be able to use properly these 1.5 carts.

this is why they regulated the v2 top. so let me see if i can widen the perspective here. you seem to use wax mostly, correct? you also seem to overheat (probably due to using the button too much to get a big hit instead of slowing your draw, as i find most initial users have a tendency to do). say another customer only has access to shatter. the only way they are going to get the same satisfactory hit is by putting their concentrate in a 1.5 ohm, and it'll still need a little priming sometimes. if 2.4 are only thing available (these things were both true for me when i started), then they are screwed by long priming times and hard clogs. so this is why some user knowledge and experience is necessary. also, it helps to remember that this is front of the line tech. 1.5 carts didn't even exist in Feb. when i started using these. for my shatter on an omi, 1.5 is the only way to go. however if i drop sap in that same cart, barely tapping the button is all that's necessary.if ur concentrate is tasting that bad that soon, it feels like you are either lead fingering it or that your oil is of low quality (not a slam, just a guess).

the common other ways to intake concentrates is by vaping mixed w/ herb at high temp or using nail. if you leave ur nail too hot when you dab you will experience the same issues w/ taste and irritation, but no one who sells nails or rigs tells you that, correct? only by user experience do you learn how to dial in your temp., correct? i definitely understand your frustration. As someone who vaped poisonous oils at high temps in my youth, which did serious damage to lungs when done improperly, getting a little burnt taste at the end of a cart is worth it to vape oil while talking to anyone, anywhere; neither of which can be done w/ a nail or vaping herb mixture. drilling home the point that overheating oil creates a burning taste isn't really in a product maker's interest, which is why it probably isn't clearer on the instructions, however, you won't find that detail sold w/ a nail or dome setup, either. no one said this was a picture perfect world or product and i'm sure most people never even knew puffing like this is possible, so i personally am willing to take these failures on the chin. that said, i can afford to eat failures and frustrations. also, i have sold 6 different omi's myself w/ both ohms and concentrates mixed and matched and while there has been some user error and learning curve, all have dialed it in successfully and love their new pens. this all has some legality issues on having to clear of instruction as well and D9 has to walk a fine line. i agree that there are many out there without this resource of FC and are probably failing, but once again, they aren't sitting on their laurels as they have two different kinds of carts in development to replace the current ones.
as to the feeling like a tester, i get that, seriously, i do, but i also kinda feel that if ya can't afford to be an Alpha consumer, wait until the Beta version arrives or know what you are risking. does anyone remember the first xbox and the RROD? or the probs w/ the first iphone or ipad (some of which still aren't fixed)? again, just my feelings on the matter, you are fully entitled to yours.
thanks for listening,
bob

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

well if ya hadn't come here with such attitude you might have made a friend you could have pointed you in the right direction for much less expensive concentrate, but cie la vie. personally, i don't care if you eat crow or not, i have no stake in this. just because i'm verbose, doesn't mean i'm invested in ur opinion. THC and D9 might, but not me. btw, if you source your concentrates and know ur chemist, benzene isn't really an issue.

Bob Loblaw,

OF

I'm sorry that you too are not finding the instant success here you want. I think you're understanding why that might be.

You'll find in those 250 pages lots of advice for new users to master the standard 2.4 Ohm carts before going after 'huge clouds'. Under that plan you'd have answers not problems at this point.

Yes, I think 1.5 Ohm carts are powerful. They take an expert user to understand and control them. You've just jumped into the cockpit of a running jet fighter and throttled up without even having flown the trainer. Or to use a car analogy, you tried the freeway your first day. If you survive, you'll do well...... Lots of folks who 'follow the plan' lean to drive or even fly high performance jets.

So, I think you're close to the way out. I'd put the 1.5 Ohm carts aside and get a box or two of the 2.4s (which are much less prone to the issues you're having) and 'cut your teeth' on them instead.

Your call, as it was to start with the 1.5s. The bottom line is a LOT of us are using these guys with lots of success, you can too? We find them "a healthy alternative to intake essential oils", I think you can too if you want.

Regards,

OF

Jhonny

I know that I should have bought 2.4 carts, but I couldn't know that 1.5 carts would overheat so quickly and ruin the taste of the whole cartridge + content.
Just knew that 1.5 carts "heat up faster, produce bigger clouds, for experienced users only"

My mistake was to think that with "experienced user only" was meant "User with high tolerance"

And when a product is advertised as healthy or/and sold as a medical device, there should be instructions and warnings in order to make sure that the customer makes a healthy use of it.

I just knew how to avoid leaks, clogs but not how to avoid throat irritation.

At the moment I feel like I payed (5 carts + 3g of concentrates + health) just for testing.

edit: and you are testing these 1.5 carts too OF & Bob, as I have read on the previous pages, where you speak of the taste & overheating problems of these carts

Jhonny,

jpdnkstr

well if ya hadn't come here with such attitude you might have made a friend you could have pointed you in the right direction for much less expensive concentrate, but cie la vie. personally, i don't care if you eat crow or not, i have no stake in this. just because i'm verbose, doesn't mean i'm invested in ur opinion. THC and D9 might, but not me. btw, if you source your concentrates and know ur chemist, benzene isn't really an issue.
I would like to talk to you, Bob, about some chemistry techniques, but I don't think this is the thread to do so. If you could PM me, or however we could chat more discreetly, It would be much appreciated!

Oh yeah, I'm starting a website that sells common sense.... by the looks of it, I should put a link on here!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I know that I should have bought 2.4 carts, but I couldn't know that 1.5 carts would overheat so quickly and ruin the taste of the whole cartridge + content.
Just knew that 1.5 carts "heat up faster, produce bigger clouds, for experienced users only"

My mistake was to think that with "experienced user only" was meant "User with high tolerance"
agreed, can see how it was made, but agreed

And when a product is advertised as healthy or/and sold as a medical device, there should be instructions and warnings in order to make sure that the customer makes a healthy use of it.
while i agree, i think i addressed this w/out rebuttal when remarking about the legality of getting too specific.

I just knew how to avoid leaks, clogs but not how to avoid throat irritation.
where you familiar w/ oil before using these carts? if so, once again a nail should have taught you that, and if not then you would have learned that lesson regardless, and am sorry you lost more learning that then you would've with a nail. however saying you are out of pocket for

(5 carts + 3g of concentrates + health) just for testing.
is a little bit of an overstatement. your oil can be reclaimed and utilized a myriad of other ways and throat irritation doesn't exactly = loss of health, imo. can delve into that deeper if need be.

edit: and you are testing these 1.5 carts too OF & Bob, as I have read on the previous pages, where you speak of the taste & overheating problems of these carts
agreed, i refer you to my earlier statement regarding xbox and iphone and Alpha consumerism. this hasn't been rebutted or addressed, just repeated.

What passion we have for these vapes! You'd think someone was pickin' on our little sister!

made me laugh, but seriously it is more a love of logic and truth (not to sound too sanctimonious, a problem i'm sure none of you have realized i have ;))(i think me and OF are alike in this way, but i don't want to speak for him, but we also have been some of the biggest critics) as much as a love for the tech ;) have been a long time user, but only w/ this ability to medicate anywhere has such passion been arisen within.

oil + public consumption = social anxiety and ibs under control without pharma and bob no longer close to house bound. and as imperfect as these are, nobody makes a better cart for that, im(less than humble maybe)o.
seriously tho, thanks for listening and no hard feelings in anyway.

I would like to talk to you, Bob, about some chemistry techniques, but I don't think this is the thread to do so. If you could PM me, or however we could chat more discreetly, It would be much appreciated!

Oh yeah, I'm starting a website that sells common sense.... by the looks of it, I should put a link on here!

go ahead and pm me

OF

I understand your frustration, but the original message was there, I'm sorry you misunderstood it but hope you'll buy some 2.4s and recover?

OTOH, I think you're a bit off base with the anger above. Did your new Lexus come with a warning to avoid brick walls? Sooner or later the owner has the responsibility for what happens, in this case I suggest that point is sooner?

(i think me and OF are alike in this way, but i don't want to speak for him, but we also have been some of the biggest critics) as much as a love for the tech ;) have been a long time user, but only w/ this ability to medicate anywhere has such passion been arisen within.

Man, oh man, Bob sometimes you can make my head hurt trying to follow you through the turns and dips.... I think, once again, I'm right with you. We're both, I think, guilty of getting hung up on things rather than people. What we see not what we feel about it. It's a fair statement that we've both been critics of lots of aspects of things, sometimes not in agreement with each other at the time.

We're both prone to calling a spade a rusty old shovel if that's the way we see it, without regard to ownership.

I also think we're both results oriented guys, and tend to fall back on technical issues. For better or worse.

If that's not what you meant.....never mind.....

OF

OF,

Jhonny

where you familiar w/ oil before using these carts? if so, once again a nail should have taught you that, and if not then you would have learned that lesson regardless, and am sorry you lost more learning that then you would've with a nail. however saying you are out of pocket for

no wasn't really familiar with vaping oils. Just with smoking. I just vaped oils mixed with hash or weed.

is a little bit of an overstatement. your oil can be reclaimed and utilized a myriad of other ways and throat irritation doesn't exactly = loss of health, imo. can delve into that deeper if need be.

and sorry, no that's not an overstatement.
The oils smell to bad to be recovered and re-used.
And when in the morning your throat is so irritated that you feel sick, so sick that you cannot go work = it's a loss of health. The first days I thought I was really sick, but no, my throat was just irritated from to much vaping.

I understand your frustration, but the original message was there, I'm sorry you misunderstood it but hope you'll buy some 2.4s and recover?

OTOH, I think you're a bit off base with the anger above. Did your new Lexus come with a warning to avoid brick walls? Sooner or later the owner has the responsibility for what happens, in this case I suggest that point is sooner?

OF

In my opinion the customer must be clearly informed about the risks.

When you buy a car you have to know the risks, but when you buy a medical device that is supposed to be healthy, you have to be informed about ALL the potential risks

Jhonny,
Top Bottom