Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

beEasy

253_0.jpg

so these guys make all sorts of glass to vape stuff, but this caught my eye as a cart to water piece adapter. feel free to repost pic on other threads. unfortunately they are overseas (from USa) and must be contacted b4 ordering, but looks sweet nonetheless.
http://verdampftnochmal.de/products...apter/glass-adapter-for-whip-18-mm-grind.html

EDiT
they also have 14mm if you go to the top of the link path and click on vape water tools, etc they will all come up. kinda like the double 18mm. with a dome and nail, it could be a cheap setup

You can get those from Aqualab 14mm 18mm or sometimes a lhs.

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
a few hours. you plug them in, we've said that like 5 times, what don't you understand? usb port on bottom to usb port on computer or wall adapter. passthrough, etc. really trying to help ya man, but 3 people have already explained it a few different ways. not sure how else to explain.
i was actually asking how long does the battery last like how many charges it can get before it dies completely rendering it unusable. so i didnt ask that already but i found my answer, 300 or so charges? and you throw it away when it dies... Can you buy just the battery for the o-phos so when it dies i dont have to replace everything?

Kevdog420,

StickyShisha2

i am having a devil of a time trying to prime my first 1.5ohm cart with some BHO shatter.
i put it back on my hot plate in a socket and torched the top.

the 1.5 i tried from a friend was flowing so nicely, but it had PureGold.

StickyShisha2,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
well yeah i realize that now, but the g pen uses oil like the omicron, so i was wondering how they compare..

I also wanted to know what was the differences between the o-phos and the omicron besides the ones stated on vaporpedia, like i understand that it doesnt have a replaceable battery but why would someone want a o-phos over an omicron?

There aren't any. I covered the difffereces in the vaporpedia article. The GPen is a e-cig and not really a essential oils vape. There are only 2 real vendors in town. THC Scientific and Thermoessence. The rest are all hacks.

and BTW: Sticky, shatter seems to very hard to prime versus pure gold which requires 0 priming or heat at all. Total opposite ends of the concentrate spectrum.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i was actually asking how long does the battery last like how many charges it can get before it dies completely rendering it unusable. so i didnt ask that already but i found my answer, 300 or so charges? and you throw it away when it dies... Can you buy just the battery for the o-phos so when it dies i dont have to replace everything?
my bad, then. as i said i didn't understand why you would ask that. actually that is a good question as they don't have a specific warranty posted for the o-phos. i would assume that it holds w/ the v1 warranty, but you know what assuming does...

Bob Loblaw,

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
my bad, then. as i said i didn't understand why you would ask that. actually that is a good question as they don't have a specific warranty posted for the o-phos. i would assume that it holds w/ the v1 warranty, but you know what assuming does...

haha it makes an ass out of you and me ;)

So with the omicron v1 it came with like 2 batteries right? i wish the O-phos had an extra battery it either came with or that i could buy and it would be a deal sealer. So does anyone know where to find O-phos replacement batteries?

I saw on delta9's website in the review section of o-phos people said they got a 2 piece kit that came with 2 batteries. I'm trying to find that 2 piece set and if anyone could link it to me that would be awesome :D

Kevdog420,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
haha it makes an ass out of you and me ;)

So with the omicron v1 it came with like 2 batteries right? i wish the O-phos had an extra battery it either came with or that i could buy and it would be a deal sealer. So does anyone know where to find O-phos replacement batteries?

I saw on delta9's website in the review section of o-phos people said they got a 2 piece kit that came with 2 batteries. I'm trying to find that 2 piece set and if anyone could link it to me that would be awesome :D
so seriously just traded-up for 0-phos' otherwise i could've helped ya. i wouldn't really worry about needing the extra pen. if you are gonna be burning it so much that you are worried about burning it out, then you probably will do so within the first year and get a replacement (probably) anyway. the reason they switched from extra pen to usb passthru was to eliminate the need for carrying two pens, one you had charging while you hit the other. battery life for the life of the battery (see what i did there?, lol) hasn't been an issue for anyone, at least not on this forum.

Bob Loblaw,

OF

h So does anyone know where to find O-phos replacement batteries?

I'll take one more try.....there are no replacement batteries for Omicron V1 nor the very similar O-phos. The battery is built in and the user can't open it or service it once inside, it's a job for the shop (or you scrap the unit as it's done it's service, the most expensive part being spent and the rest worn). Only Omicron V2 and Persei offer replacement batteries in this line.

Original (V1) kits came with two units since one could die on you in use (no battery warning). V2 came with a replacement battery for this use (put the fresh battery in and press on). O-phos comes with the understanding that you'll plug it into a USB port (or wall outlet) and use the 'pass through' function (really only a real time recharger built in) for that use. If you want to be out and about (away from power) and wish that backup you should buy a second O-phos (they're cheap enough, really) and carry both, or a V2 with a spare? Or you can just keep track of you charge status.

I wouldn't count on any estimates of battery life, they are at best estimates. A few deep discharges, or some overheating and that number drops fast. The batteries in these units are pretty good, but they are no more magic than the ones in your cell phone or laptop....where much more money is at stake to get the best technology available. They should go many years of normal service (say once a week charging), heavy use or abuse will cut that shorter. In that time, they will no doubt vape up many hundreds of dollars of oil. They should get weaker at the end, not suddenly go dark.

OF

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
I'll take one more try.....there are no replacement batteries for Omicron V1 nor the very similar O-phos. The battery is built in and the user can't open it or service it once inside, it's a job for the shop (or you scrap the unit as it's done it's service, the most expensive part being spent and the rest worn). Only Omicron V2 and Persei offer replacement batteries in this line.

Original (V1) kits came with two units since one could die on you in use (no battery warning). V2 came with a replacement battery for this use (put the fresh battery in and press on). O-phos comes with the understanding that you'll plug it into a USB port (or wall outlet) and use the 'pass through' function (really only a real time recharger built in) for that use. If you want to be out and about (away from power) and wish that backup you should buy a second O-phos (they're cheap enough, really) and carry both, or a V2 with a spare? Or you can just keep track of you charge status.

I wouldn't count on any estimates of battery life, they are at best estimates. A few deep discharges, or some overheating and that number drops fast. The batteries in these units are pretty good, but they are no more magic than the ones in your cell phone or laptop....where much more money is at stake to get the best technology available. They should go many years of normal service (say once a week charging), heavy use or abuse will cut that shorter. In that time, they will no doubt vape up many hundreds of dollars of oil. They should get weaker at the end, not suddenly go dark.

OF

Okay so im not an idiot and i knew the o-phos doesnt have replaceable batteries. I was talking about buying a second ophos but just the battery part not the entire kit. it would just be nice to know that when this thing craps out i could go and buy just one new part and not a whole new kit, ya know?

But thanks this helps a lot, now i just have to decide between the o-phos, v2 or thermovape.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Okay so im not an idiot and i knew the o-phos doesnt have replaceable batteries. I was talking about buying a second ophos but just the battery part not the entire kit. it would just be nice to know that when this thing craps out i could go and buy just one new part and not a whole new kit, ya know?

But thanks this helps a lot, now i just have to decide between the o-phos, v2 or thermovape.
lol, to be honest it's just a case and wall adapter/usb cord plus a fill tool. only the case is really superfluous as it's always good to have an extra charger and fill tool. if you are thinking v2 i would highly recommend adding the hvd package or waiting til they have the hvd tops for sale by themselves. but w/ that you can have as many batteries as you want and w/ the hvd package (half off to us here at FC only for a few more days) you basically get a shorty and normal v2 tube for the same price as a persei (less w/ discount)

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

OF

You're welcome.

It's great to hear, but you were, I think, asking the same question over and over expecting a different outcome?

The only source of the unit is the maker, he alone can say if and when he'll sell loose units. Replacements are I believe covered for a year, and $35 after that? Otherwise, back up units are $90 and come with chargers and other stuff?

You might also want to consider the future, IMO O-phos is about maxed out right now V2 and the TV units have broader potential.

OF

OF,

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
You're welcome.

It's great to hear, but you were, I think, asking the same question over and over expecting a different outcome?

The only source of the unit is the maker, he alone can say if and when he'll sell loose units. Replacements are I believe covered for a year, and $35 after that? Otherwise, back up units are $90 and come with chargers and other stuff?

You might also want to consider the future, IMO O-phos is about maxed out right now V2 and the TV units have broader potential.

OF
no not really, first i asked what do you do when they are dead, then i asked where to buy more. but its not a big deal, they were similar questions...

So what is this replacement deal? and the 35 replacement costs, im gonna look on their website in the warranty but if i could get replacements for 35 that was exactly what i was asking for and id probably just go and buy one today

Kevdog420,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
no not really, first i asked what do you do when they are dead, then i asked where to buy more. but its not a big deal, they were similar questions...

So what is this replacement deal? and the 35 replacement costs, im gonna look on their website in the warranty but if i could get replacements for 35 that was exactly what i was asking for and id probably just go and buy one today
you are probably better off calling after noon or so over there for such inquiries imho

Bob Loblaw,

OF

I guess I have to disagree there. You may have been asking that, but that's sure not what I (or it seems anyone else?) heard you to say. Yes, if the question is warranty that's your answer I think, same as V1. One year (if you buy from an approved dealer, Ebay doesn't count) free replacement (you pay shipping in, them back). After that they rebuild yours or swap it for a rebuilt for $35, until they don't. Each time exchange, not outright purchase. While the law would compel them to cover the one year part, I understand it to say they can elect to drop support of the line anytime after that much like Microsoft does. I don't expect that, of course, but consider what happened with the original V1. When the battery inside the unit became no longer made, the unit got half an inch longer. Such a lack of new parts could also spell the end of O-phos units as we know them. THC would no doubt cut you a deal on a useful upgrade, not to worry.

OF

OF,

OF

Ok sounds good and it seems like they have good customer service so that's always a plus

I'm confident you'll be satisfied with THC, they're good folks driven by G's vision of how the industry should be. They are atune to and very protective of their customer base.....which is always a plus IMO.

But you can't start enjoying it until you lay you money down and start watching for the delivery.....

OF

OF,

Dgtheonlyg

What's good fc, I've been following the Fourm since forever and now have a account, I bought a v2 comming from a v1. Could not even explain how much better it is. Besides such a great product, d9 hooked me up with some free carts when I bought some mouthpieces thanks d9. So excited for the 7.4 v upgrade, let the power unleash!

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
I'm confident you'll be satisfied with THC, they're good folks driven by G's vision of how the industry should be. They are atune to and very protective of their customer base.....which is always a plus IMO.

But you can't start enjoying it until you lay you money down and start watching for the delivery.....

OF

I'll second the customer satisfaction and add that this is the most positive vendor thread I've read through the years....the guys here are willing to go to ANY length to help you convert!

-Zing

Zingbuddah,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
We try our best guys, since we are part of the community and busted our balls for people in need, and are customers ourselves of products in the community we know what is needed to make sure each and every person is satisfied. We treat you like we want to be treated. To us its not about the sale its about the closeness with every person that has our units, that is why we take time out of our busy schedule to sit down and talk to people from around the world.

tharealmclovin

We try our best guys, since we are part of the community and busted our balls for people in need, and are customers ourselves of products in the community we know what is needed to make sure each and every person is satisfied. We treat you like we want to be treated. To us its not about the sale its about the closeness with every person that has our units, that is why we take time out of our busy schedule to sit down and talk to people from around the world.

I can vouch for that. Best customer service ever and I even got a chance to speak to G personally on the phone when he called me for a service ticket. not the other way around like most companies that make you call them and wait on hold for 15 minutes.

Great Work D9V

SD_haze

Anyone getting the HVD upgrade in a different color than their V2? I have the matte black V2 and thinking about making the HVD chrome to add some variety :buzz:

SD_haze,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Anyone getting the HVD upgrade in a different color than their V2? I have the matte black V2 and thinking about making the HVD chrome to add some variety :buzz:
they didn't have both options up when i got mine, but as i got an extra i think i'm gonna do one of each now that you say something!

Bob Loblaw,

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
Packing for another road trip and I though I'd share a tip.This old prescription bottle carries 5 carts, a small vial of 99% iso, a 'cart envelope' with 10 Q-tips and a semi straight paperclip. With the cap it measures 4" tall.

cartcase.jpg

Does anyone have any unique cases or containers they use for travel?

jon_dojah

Packing for another road trip and I though I'd share a tip.This old prescription bottle carries 5 carts, a small vial of 99% iso, a 'cart envelope' with 10 Q-tips and a semi straight paperclip. With the cap it measures 4" tall.

cartcase.jpg

Does anyone have any unique cases or containers they use for travel?

I have this same setup same bottle except i put an extra V2 battery along with 2 carts and mouthpieces. i put a piece of cloth in before capping it so the contents dont shake around causing clacking noise.

Top Bottom