Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

JoeKickass

When does the v1 to black v2 upgrade end?

It says release date = March 25 so does that mean that if I send in the v1 the new v2 won't ship until next month even though it is available now?

Just wondering

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
When does the v1 to black v2 upgrade end?

It says release date = March 25 so does that mean that if I send in the v1 the new v2 won't ship until next month even though it is available now?

Just wondering

We ship them out now if we get your unit, we just did that to help with the overwhelming demand for product so that we can make sure people get them on time, and in case we run out, we had the dry stretch covered.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Letrab

Deep Sea Lurking
when's the herb cart coming :(

Parox, buddy, pal. Out of the 88 posts you have made, what ratio is you asking this over and over? Short answer: Too many.

Many people feel the same as you do. But in the real world it takes time to create something. It isn't as if he is putting off two or three hours of work. Poking over and over can not change the reality of R&D and the not so rapid prototyping process. It is slightly more complicated than a guy in his garage with a box of parts that all snap together.

TLDR - Chill with that question. You are not adding to the thread. It will be ready when it is ready.

Please and thank you :)

OF

It's these 'sayings' that prove your high intellectual operating capacity. Write on vapor brother....:rockon: Let me go fill a cart.

Wow! Thanks very much. Somehow I missed this, just stumbled onto it looking for something else, I'm sorry I didn't respond in a more timely manner. Then again, more and more stuff seems to get past me every day......

I won't put much stock in that 'intellectual operating capacity' stuff, from a different perspective I clearly can't come up with an original thought.....

Love the 'fill a cart' part, you got a deal. I'll start charging the batteries.

Thanks again, good weekend to ya.

OF

OF,
DubC, ThC & OF great work from you guys in this forum!!!! I have been running around with work for the last few months, and i now see that the Omicron is on v2!!! Great work thc!!! Although i must admit it doesnt look as stealthy as the matte black original!! It would be great if someone could post the pics or vid of the v2 fully setup, even better a side by side analysis, as this new one looks more like a mini persei than an 'e-cig' style pen and i want to see if i will be able to pulll it of in public before i make the purchase!!!
Im on the other side of the pond and the popularity of 'e-cigs' is not that great but i have been able to use the original safely in many places(folks think its a joye ego)!!! and planet.v have them in stock now so i would like to order tommorow(sunday), so i can hopefully get it at the end of the week!!!!

Nino.Bleu,

OF

Have any of you guys tried using extra thin pipe cleaners as an unclogging tool?

Those look suspiciously like the ones I used back in my pipe smoking days. That was a lot of years ago, mind, but they look the same. No where near right. The wire core probably won't fit the 1/16 bore of the cart, and if it did you don't really want to be fishing it down the tube where if you slip you jam the ends of the steel wires into your heater coil. I'd stick to the proven tools.

I use a heavy needle (Sailmaker's needle in fact) in a small pin vice so only 1.6 inches is exposed, it can't quite reach the heater so is safe. Works great on clogs. I got the idea from our own Vitolo (Sage of the High Desert) who uses a similar needle stuck in a cork. Another poster cuts a 1/4 inch or so wide strip of paper towel (at least that's what I use) which he twists up and 'threads' down the tube. Works really well as the end comes up with oil soaked in. You cut that off and go again.

Both are plenty cheap. Even if you have to buy the needle. But I seriously doubt those pipe cleaners will be of use to you....although they will do a great job wiping out the Revolution cart, just fold them over....

Good luck.

OF

OF,

Darb

I tried the paper towel method......that other guy must have a lot of paitence.
The hole seems too small for a paper towel to me but works fine for others.
I've been using a tip cleaner for oxy/actylene cutting torch. I trim the smooth part on the end off so it has ridges the whole length.
Then I pull it out of the holder and wrap a little electrical tape around the looped end for a handle.
I've found that the little ridges help pull the oil out of the air tube.

Darb,

OF

I tried the paper towel method......that other guy must have a lot of paitence.
The hole seems too small for a paper towel to me but works fine for others.
I've been using a tip cleaner for oxy/actylene cutting torch. I trim the smooth part on the end off so it has ridges the whole length.
Then I pull it out of the holder and wrap a little electrical tape around the looped end for a handle.
I've found that the little ridges help pull the oil out of the air tube.

I had trouble with the paper towel strip idea as well, but it does really work. First try cutting two strips, one 'the long way' the other 'across the grain' in the towel to figure out which one is stronger (in my case 'the long way' is a lot stronger). Then I cut a longish (few inches) strip a 1/4 inch or less wide and fold it long ways to make it as narrow as possible then twist the strip a fair bit, maybe a dozen times an inch like a tiny rope. Then tug on it to see how strong it is. With the last roll of towels I had I got the best results from a wider strip of only one ply of the towel so that's what I used, the new roll works better with both plies and narrower strip. Once done tight, trim the end (I find a slight angle helps start) and 'thread it in' in the direction of the twist. By this time it's easy, in fact you can even do the lower tube which is much smaller in diameter when you get good at it. It's kinda scary at first, I was scared of it breaking and killing the cart, but in dozens of uses I've never had any issues except learning to make a small tightly twisted strip.

Like the tip cleaner idea. In fact I use the eye of the needle on my cleaner for just that, it helps scoop the oil out of the tube. Cool.

Some oils seem to have no problems in this area, others insist on making it tough.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

I was the one who championed the paper towel method (you have to split it in half so it's only one ply to make it fit) but tbh I have given it up almost entirely.

A simple paperclip or needle works almost as well for unclogging upper clogs and you can wipe it off on the cart's rim so you don't lose oil. I do however still recommend paper towel rolls for bottom cart leaks because if you start getting oil under the heater you really want to clean it well so you don't risk a leak.

JoeKickass,

Silvercloud538

I had trouble with the paper towel strip idea as well, but it does really work. First try cutting two strips, one 'the long way' the other 'across the grain' in the towel to figure out which one is stronger (in my case 'the long way' is a lot stronger). Then I cut a longish (few inches) strip a 1/4 inch or less wide and fold it long ways to make it as narrow as possible then twist the strip a fair bit, maybe a dozen times an inch like a tiny rope. Then tug on it to see how strong it is. With the last roll of towels I had I got the best results from a wider strip of only one ply of the towel so that's what I used, the new roll works better with both plies and narrower strip. Once done tight, trim the end (I find a slight angle helps start) and 'thread it in' in the direction of the twist. By this time it's easy, in fact you can even do the lower tube which is much smaller in diameter when you get good at it. It's kinda scary at first, I was scared of it breaking and killing the cart, but in dozens of uses I've never had any issues except learning to make a small tightly twisted strip.

Like the tip cleaner idea. In fact I use the eye of the needle on my cleaner for just that, it helps scoop the oil out of the tube. Cool.

Some oils seem to have no problems in this area, others insist on making it tough.

OF

Me believes you mentioned that you can't be bothered getting ripped off @ 40 /g ,so ,you say make

your own ~ if dispensary donations not involved ,why would you go thru the hassle`of '"total reclaim"'

,unless you need to keep busy ?/? ~ just curious ,that's all ~ ~

Silvercloud538,

OF

Me believes you mentioned that you can't be bothered getting ripped off @ 40 /g ,so ,you say make

your own ~ if dispensary donations not involved ,why would you go thru the hassle`of '"total reclaim"'

,unless you need to keep busy ?/? ~ just curious ,that's all ~ ~

I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble following what you're saying so I may be way off base. I think you've got me confused for someone else (and I'm not sure who). I don't recall ever having used the term "total reclaim", nor talked about reclaim much at all. I've never advised making it yourself, there are legal issues I'm not qualified to advise on involved. Each guy gets to make that decision on his own.

I really don't think you mean to 'talk' to me. But if you do, could you please make another attempt perhaps with a specific or two? And then there's the matter of your question, which might be 'are you doing this because you're bored?'?

TIA

OF

OF,

Silvercloud538

I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble following what you're saying so I may be way off base. I think you've got me confused for someone else (and I'm not sure who). I don't recall ever having used the term "total reclaim", nor talked about reclaim much at all. I've never advised making it yourself, there are legal issues I'm not qualified to advise on involved. Each guy gets to make that decision on his own.

I really don't think you mean to 'talk' to me. But if you do, could you please make another attempt perhaps with a specific or two? And then there's the matter of your question, which might be 'are you doing this because you're bored?'?

TIA

OF

Alright ,since you asked ,let me refresh your memory ~

You stated that you're not like any of the cali '"schmucks"' who go to 'dispensaries' for their extracts ~

does that ring a bell ? ~

Bear in mind ,not trying to be contemptable ,just trying to figure out intent ,that's all

Silvercloud538,

OF

You stated that you're not like any of the cali '"schmucks"' who go to 'dispensaries' for their extracts ~

Bear in mind ,not trying to be contemptable ,just trying to figure out intent ,that's all

No, it does not.

I don't use that term or most of the other similar derogatory terms if I can. No need to offend unless you intend to. Such people are German IMO, not a discarded foreskin. It's not me. I'm one of those very Californians (of distant German extract in fact...) who buys his extracts in dispensaries. If you check back, you'll see I frequent Harborside and Elemental mostly. I've posted about it before, in this thread I'm fairly sure.

Not sure what your problem is with me?? But making concentrates can't be it.

OF

SD_haze

That was hatfieldsmama :ninja:
But the confusion comes because that post was modded-out (but still saved when someone quoted it hehe)

SD_haze,

Silvercloud538

But the confusion comes because that post was modded-out (but still saved when someone quoted it hehe)

Good Eye ,ninja_haze ~ since this`is a case of 'mistaken identity' ,me hopes 'OF' can understand conditions of profiling ~ there was never any malice involved ,just curious why someone would make such a biased ,contemptable remark which obviously was intended ,unless it was a`slip of the tongue ,lol

No need to escalate this`issue`any further ~ again ,OF ,since SD draws a new image of you ,please accept apology on this one ,OKaay ??

Sc_

Silvercloud538,

OF

Good Eye ,ninja_haze ~ since this`is a case of 'mistaken identity' ,me hopes 'OF' can understand conditions of profiling ~ there was never any malice involved ,just curious why someone would make such a biased ,contemptable remark which obviously was intended ,unless it was a`slip of the tongue ,lol

No need to escalate this`issue`any further ~ again ,OF ,since SD draws a new image of you ,please accept apology on this one ,OKaay ??

Sc_

Again, sorry man, but I get lost following you. I saw "apology" in there, no need I'm not offended...but thanks for offering I guess?

Sorry, I don't follow the 'biased, contemptible remark' part (I brought my personal objection up by way of demonstrating why I wouldn't have used the term), if there's another and I didn't make it, cool by me.

So that's the understanding I have, I'm not some clown that's apparently taboo here anyway. I can live with that if you can.

Thanks.

OF

OF,

OF

Hey, thanks for sorting it out. Don't know the fellow involved, sounds like no loss to me.

We apparently look a lot alike though.....poor fellow.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom