OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

Dankkh

I would email ben he is very helpful and should be able to set you straight
I guess I spoke too soon - I just got a shipping notification a few minutes ago, so we should be good. :)

I'm buying a bearing puller because I finally decided to "Deep clean" my aroma-3 after nearly a year of ownership, and I tried to be careful about cleaning the top lid and not submerging it in ISO... unfortunately I seem to have ruined the bearing anyway, because it's lost all of it's smoothness. whoops!

I love this grinder regardless, and honestly I should have bought a bearing puller a long time ago. At least it will be much easier to clean now.

OMD

Accessory Maker
Has anyone else had issues receiving an order confirmation from OMD's website? I ordered a Bearing Press/Puller on Feb 10th, and my credit card was successfully charged, but after a while I realized I never received any kind of confirmation in my email inbox. I also tried creating an account on OMD's website, and in my order history I do see my original order of the Aroma-3 grinder from early least year, but my order for the bearing press/puller is nowhere to be seen.

When. I paid, I used the second payment processor option (not the "Hello Clever" one or whatever, but the other one). I hope that wasn't a mistake. I wish I would have saved the initial receipt it showed me after I submitted payment.
Hello mate,

I just sent this one off.

I checked and the issue was that your email was xxx@mail.com (missing the G in G mail).

I merged your 2 profiles to the correct one so all should show up as expected now.

----

NEW LASER ENGRAVER HAS ARRIVED!!!! YAY..

Orders will start flowing out as of today. Super super super sorry for the delay everyone is experiencing :((

Ben

dimmusp

@OMD Hi Ben,

Any chance you'll get to orders from 3 Feb soon? 😁

I placed one with custom engraving (#2025) and was wondering which patterns are available.

Maybe people in the thread can share their designs? I'd love something that makes a cool swirling pattern when you spin the grinder.

Thanks!

Feyd2blak

Ordered mine last night :rockon: wondering about the engraving options as well, engraving is only on the bottom I thought so won't spin as such? Also thought it was only text available. can't believe I'm hyped for a grinder, really looking forward to this!

OMD

Accessory Maker
@OMD Hi Ben,

Any chance you'll get to orders from 3 Feb soon? 😁

I placed one with custom engraving (#2025) and was wondering which patterns are available.

Maybe people in the thread can share their designs? I'd love something that makes a cool swirling pattern when you spin the grinder.

Thanks!
Hello,

I'm so sorry for the delay mate. I am working as fast as i can to clear the backlog from having my laser broken. I managed to post out over 40 orders this weekend. My packaging is not a fast process as it's just me. I engrave, assemble and package the custom orders one at a time to minimise any errors.

I got up to order #2001 tonight. (pretty stoked to pass 1000 orders!)

I'm posting out around 15 a day. I should be caught up this week and actually have them in stock on the shelf for the first time since releasing.

As for the engraving: I'm trying to keep it text on the bottom so i can keep the orders pumping out. BUT In saying this I am happy to do an engraving on the top/bottom if you can supply a clean good quality .dxf file with the image you want. More often than not, fixing files and searching for good quality images takes me hours, i just don't have the time to do this anymore and it halts the orders going out.

Let me know if i have missed anything!

PS: Fedex are around 3-4 days delivery anywhere in the world. its insanely fast. I can ship things quicker to you guys in the states faster than i get get auspost to deliver to me from the next state over.

Thank You all,
Ben/Old mate

Razzle_N_Dazzle

I'm posting out around 15 a day. I should be caught up this week and actually have them in stock on the shelf for the first time since releasing
Congratulations on reaching that milestone! That's amazing. It's also nuts that you'll have inventory ready-to-go for the first time. No pre-orders!

I can ship things quicker to you guys in the states faster than i get get auspost to deliver to me from the next state over.
Shipping from state to state over here isn't that different either :lol: I was also really impressed at how quickly it was shipped to me, considering it's going half way across the world.

dimmusp

Hello,

I'm so sorry for the delay mate. I am working as fast as i can to clear the backlog from having my laser broken. I managed to post out over 40 orders this weekend. My packaging is not a fast process as it's just me. I engrave, assemble and package the custom orders one at a time to minimise any errors.

I'm posting out around 15 a day. I should be caught up this week and actually have them in stock on the shelf for the first time since releasing.

As for the engraving: I'm trying to keep it text on the bottom so i can keep the orders pumping out. BUT In saying this I am happy to do an engraving on the top/bottom if you can supply a clean good quality .dxf file with the image you want. More often than not, fixing files and searching for good quality images takes me hours, i just don't have the time to do this anymore and it halts the orders going out.

Let me know if i have missed anything!

PS: Fedex are around 3-4 days delivery anywhere in the world. its insanely fast. I can ship things quicker to you guys in the states faster than i get get auspost to deliver to me from the next state over.

Thank You all,
Ben/Old mate
Hi Ben,

No worries, I understand!

Are there some specifications for the dxf file (shape, pixel or mm size, etc.)? I'm not familiar with them but can do some research.

It's nice to hear that shipping is so fast to the States. I hope it's just as fast to the Netherlands... 😁

Thanks

dimmusp

With the reject bin model I have the brand and picture look very good while spinning
Creates patterns and almost a hologram look

To me the top needs at least two places with something on it for the visual spinning effects

I look at this grinder spinning more than stationary like others, so my visual pleasure is more based on that action than still shots
Pics please! 😁

dimmusp,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
did you specifically want the additional corrosion resistance?
I own a boat and live near the ocean and anything less than 304 will rust here eventually, my 304 CVault also has rust on all the spot-welded areas(although I have since found Ben uses medical grade 304 so less of a problem really).
I am just a fan of 316s/s and Ben was able to accommodate my wishes so why not?

dimmusp

@OMD How high is your laser engraver's resolution?

How good would patterns like these look?

27b127c0-90bb-4e69-9371-3839b38b5433_1.16dbc847205090a907529f003f30f696.jpeg

(https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lotus-1-UV-Printed-Grinder/201214035)

complexical-no-1979-alan-bennington.jpg

(https://fineartamerica.com/featured/complexical-no-1979-alan-bennington.html)

kuklos-no-4419-alan-bennington.jpg

(https://fineartamerica.com/featured/kuklos-no-4419-alan-bennington.html)

And there's lots more here: https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/alan-bennington

And here:
Thanks

lazylathe

Almost there...
@dimmusp

I was reading a this thread a bit last night and I remember @OMD requesting that he be sent the .DMX files for any designs you wanted to print on the grinder.
Do you have the .DMX files for any of these designs or just a screenshot?

I would imagine making the files would take ages for such intricate designs.

lazylathe,
Reactions: cosimo

jbm

@dimmusp

I was reading a this thread a bit last night and I remember @OMD requesting that he be sent the .DMX files for any designs you wanted to print on the grinder.

I also imagine you’d have to license the artist’s designs for this use. Perhaps he could supply the requisite digital files.

jbm,

dimmusp

@dimmusp

No idea. It seems like you can do it with one click with tools like these, maybe? (BTW, I think it's .dxf, not .dmx)

I also imagine you’d have to license the artist’s designs for this use. Perhaps he could supply the requisite digital files.
Yeah, I guess for the very artistic ones from a named designer I could ask him for the file. For the one from Walmart, I'd just take a screenshot.

For OMD, no colors is also a reality too, correct?
Yes, I'm pretty sure it's just engraving a pattern on the silver-colored stainless steel. My biggest question right now is how high of a resolution Ben's machine can work with.

And, umm... Once again, if anyone already has nice patterns in a .dxf file, please share. 😁

Thanks

lazylathe

Almost there...
@dimmusp

LMAO!!! .dxf files!! Not sure where I got DMX from!

Search the web to find free designs!
I would imagine you could purchase the complex files from certain designers.

Your comment of one click to convert would require you to have the file ready to convert, not possible from a picture I would imagine.

Here is a guide to convert images into .dxf files.

dimmusp

Thanks, @lazylathe!

Looking at one of the guides, it's clear that I need a monochrome image without a bunch of extra lines.

I did a simple Google search for "mandala .dxf" and found a lot of very promising images!

This one gives you 100 mandala designs in .dxf format for just €2!

il_1140xN.5746905783_d34g.jpg

(https://www.etsy.com/listing/1003239601/mandala-svg-bundle-100-mandala-designs)

Top Bottom