OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

Stonedbadger

What happened to the coloured bearings? I was about to order one and noticed that all the options had gone..

Stonedbadger,

Singularity Walker

Put the top on upside down and spin, then try to stop it by slapping the top. *
Stupid games with stupid prizes.

* Please don't actually do this, this was said in jest and actually doing so can result in injury for which I will not be responsible.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
It's here!
Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

BTW I ordered a grinder, but I've received a toy, a weapon, and a grinder. What a deal!
Man!! :party::party:
Enjoy!!!

It's been 11 months to the day that i received mine and i'm still as happy with it as on day one!

Reluctant to estimate how much i ran thru it 'cause it's really a lot but it's been a joy to use every single time!
What a beast! 470 gram of Stainless Steel versus 2 grams of bud.... There's no contest!!
It's the last grinder you'll need to buy!
Only upgrade i'm considering is the upcoming XL version!! Dreaming already tbh!! What will be the weight??
It'll be a real Godzilla-grinder!!!
Exactly what i need! LoL

Milka

So I've made a little fortress for my AROMA-3 and Venty. It's made of thick polypropylene material with reinforced construction. Everything has its own slot in foam, so you can shake it all you want - nothing will move. The case has two sturdy clips that close it and two slots where you can put your lock for extra protection. I love it, it's so handy and convenient, especially if you value privacy. On the bottom of it, I stash all my extras for Venty, like screen sets, seal ring sets, etc.. The case is also waterproof and smellproof.

tjdMvo.jpg

tjdPwC.jpg

tjdi08.jpg

Honestly, it looks better in real life, I did a poor job with those photos, but still tell me what you think! Would any of you be interested in owning a case like this one for your vape-related stuff? The layout is fully customizable.

P.S. I'm also making glass storage jars with clamp lids, but they're not your ordinary jars. Highest quality Italian glass, outside painted with triple layer black paint (approved by EU to use on kids' toys) to protect your flowers from light (THC degradation), and on top of that, sick holographic stickers (unique for every strain). Ready for the presentation in 2 weeks.

Milka

Radwin got it right, it's a copy of Peli cases but much more affordable with great quality. I have 1 that you see in the photos, 1 for three jars for ABV and used capsules and 4 for my custom-made black storage jars (1 case holds two 1000 ml jars).

Milka,
Reactions: dimmusp

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
It could be Panaro (Italy). But Peli cases are easier to source in the US.

There are also plenty of Chinese alternatives on the gate or aliex.

They all offer customizable plick-pluck foam layers.
Another easy source for many people in the US is Harbor Freight:

Hey! just registered for the forum as I am interested in Old Mate Designs! I am obsessed. I love the process and the idea. I have a budget of about $150 cad so I can afford the Aroma-2. Has anyone bought the 2 over the 3? I use a vapman vape and a medtainer for years, literally never have had a regular grinder. The aroma2/3 is probably overkill for my usage but like I said, I am obsessed with the design and process and it would be hard to back away now. I Haven't been able to find much about Aroma-2 users online and thought this would be a good place to ask! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
crazy_onions,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey! just registered for the forum as I am interested in Old Mate Designs! I am obsessed. I love the process and the idea. I have a budget of about $150 cad so I can afford the Aroma-2. Has anyone bought the 2 over the 3? I use a vapman so don't need to grind up much before sessions. Haven't been able to find much about Aroma-2 users online and thought this would be a good place to ask! Thanks in advance!

Welcome to FC! I think someone had gotten the two originally while they were waiting for the three-piece? If you go back through this thread or search somehow?? I'm sure it is solid, because the three-piece is nicely made aside from its unique features, so I think it would be a really good two-piece at least... But it's not just about quantity, I think it's pretty unpleasant to have to grind and then dump your ground up bud on the table or whatever? I guess if you had a good dedicated tray that was clean for this and then could funnel into something else or whatever I don't know lol I really like three-piece grinders so I have a place to store the ground bud as it is just simpler for me :2c:

Welcome to FC! I think someone had gotten the two originally while they were waiting for the three-piece? If you go back through this thread or search somehow?? I'm sure it is solid, because the three-piece is nicely made aside from its unique features, so I think it would be a really good two-piece at least... But it's not just about quantity, I think it's pretty unpleasant to have to grind and then dump your ground up bud on the table or whatever? I guess if you had a good dedicated tray that was clean for this and then could funnel into something else or whatever I don't know lol I really like three-piece grinders so I have a place to store the ground bud as it is just simpler for me :2c:
Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah you make a great point, what I have been doing with my medtainer is grind it up, pour it on the table then deal with it haha so it's very not refined. I would probably benefit from a better system of grind and storage. Maybe I can scrounge up a few more dollars and splurge for the 3. Would you say the bearing puller is crucial to order as well? I read they used to be $5 but now they are about $20 cad. Also I have read a bit about the evolution of the bearing, but am a bit confused about the current bearing offered. Is it able to be submerged in ISO for cleaning or should it be removed? Thanks again for the help!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
am a bit confused about the current bearing offered. Is it able to be submerged in ISO for cleaning or should it be removed?

The current bearing is just a good solid one size fits all offering, it cannot be submerged, you have to clean carefully, or remove it if you want to soak the whole thing, so the tool is worthwhile if you think that is important to you... Or if you want to swap the bearing, for another one yourself, that can be submerged :tup:

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah you make a great point, what I have been doing with my medtainer is grind it up, pour it on the table then deal with it haha so it's very not refined. I would probably benefit from a better system of grind and storage. Maybe I can scrounge up a few more dollars and splurge for the 3. Would you say the bearing puller is crucial to order as well? I read they used to be $5 but now they are about $20 cad. Also I have read a bit about the evolution of the bearing, but am a bit confused about the current bearing offered. Is it able to be submerged in ISO for cleaning or should it be removed? Thanks again for the help!
I have the puller; if you're even remotely handy/ own simple tools you can easily get by without.

Singularity Walker

Team Aroma-3 Update, second one has been working great since buffing the post with no more sticking.
Between the 2 of these I've tried about 15 or more kinds of bearings.
SKF that it comes with is absolutely the quietest, smoothest, and most well balanced of the bunch. It is also not a great spinner.
Ceramics obviously give a great spin but I find the noise a bit much.
I'm running the best compromise bearings I could find for now (note I was looking specifically for the black steel look on the bearings that would work with magnet)
Currently the ones below are Yellow: Shake Junt Low Riders from Amazon and Red: Lightweight Hybrid Ceramic Ball and Roller Skate Bearings for Enhanced Skateboarding and Roller Skating Experience fromAliexpress
The Yellow are near silent and spin for about 3-4 times as long as SKF.
The Red are less reliable (had to swap one out that got real noisy), make more noise but not too bad and spin about 6-7 times as long as the SKF.
Very happy with both of them now. Excellent grinder and lots of fun.

Last edited:
Team Aroma-3 Update, second one has been working great since buffing the post with no more sticking.
Between the 2 of these I've tried about 15 or more kinds of bearings.
SKF that it comes with is absolutely the quietest, smoothest, and most well balanced of the bunch. It is also not a great spinner.
Ceramics obviously give a great spin but I find the noise a bit much.
I'm running the best compromise bearings I could find for now (note I was looking specifically for the black steel look on the bearings that would work with magnet)
Currently the ones below are Yellow: Shake Junt Low Riders from Amazon and Red: Lightweight Hybrid Ceramic Ball and Roller Skate Bearings for Enhanced Skateboarding and Roller Skating Experience fromAliexpress
The Yellow are near silent and spin for about 3-4 times as long as SKF.
The Red are less reliable (had to swap one out that got real noisy), make more noise but not too bad and spin about 6-7 times as long as the SKF.
Very happy with both of them now. Excellent grinder and lots of fun.
nice bearing recap! do you have the bearing puller or have you found an alternate method like @LesPlenty

crazy_onions,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom