OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Contest contest where how who? What did I miss

kato1234

OMD

Accessory Maker
What's your normal wait time for Australian orders? I only made my order this week, but I was just curious whether I might get it pre-Xmas.
Hey mate,

Thankyou for your order. If you are happy to receive a blank unengraved one, i can send it out tomorrow so you will get it before xmas. Please email me at info@oldmatedesigns.com and i can make it happen.

cheers!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The more I use the Aroma-3 the more I like it; one very simple reason is that its a great fidget spinner on top of being a well engineered tool, I end up using it to prep my herbs and unlike any grinder before it, it stays out on the table and I play with it absentmindedly, just spinning it and listening to it spin for 3 minutes or so (ceramic bearing).

Its not perfect - but what is? I was grinding the same way I would with my old dirty grinders, like just using muscle memory and I turned it on its side and upside down... just grinding like it takes a while and wasn't watching, looking at the TV and then I looked down onto my S&C shedder tray and there was a bunch of fine materials that escaped from around the edges of the lid (I repeated what I was doing and saw the particles falling)

Also, I accidently pushed the bearing out of place when I was grinding a load that was WAY to large, I think I pushed the bearing out with the stem of the grind plate. Thankfully I was able to take it apart, clean it and put it all back together. I like the bearing pusher tool and would recommend getting one when you get your grinder, the Tool makes maintenance a breeze and helps useless people like me who didn't even play with Lego, take it apart, swap bearings and keep it balanced, clean and spinning like a dream.. and I am just assuming if you are reading this you either have a OMD grinder or are planning on getting one... even if its not until the XL version and plates (coarse?/fine) are ready.

I don't knowing that I need an XL version but... the idea of a large fidget spinner... that has a second use.... I think I can sell that to my girlfriend :)

... plus I get to support another Aussie for quality work.

kato1234

The more I use the Aroma-3 the more I like it; one very simple reason is that its a great fidget spinner on top of being a well engineered tool, I end up using it to prep my herbs and unlike any grinder before it, it stays out on the table and I play with it absentmindedly, just spinning it and listening to it spin for 3 minutes or so (ceramic bearing).

Its not perfect - but what is? I was grinding the same way I would with my old dirty grinders, like just using muscle memory and I turned it on its side and upside down... just grinding like it takes a while and wasn't watching, looking at the TV and then I looked down onto my S&C shedder tray and there was a bunch of fine materials that escaped from around the edges of the lid (I repeated what I was doing and saw the particles falling)

Also, I accidently pushed the bearing out of place when I was grinding a load that was WAY to large, I think I pushed the bearing out with the stem of the grind plate. Thankfully I was able to take it apart, clean it and put it all back together. I like the bearing pusher tool and would recommend getting one when you get your grinder, the Tool makes maintenance a breeze and helps useless people like me who didn't even play with Lego, take it apart, swap bearings and keep it balanced, clean and spinning like a dream.. and I am just assuming if you are reading this you either have a OMD grinder or are planning on getting one... even if its not until the XL version and plates (coarse?/fine) are ready.

I don't knowing that I need an XL version but... the idea of a large fidget spinner... that has a second use.... I think I can sell that to my girlfriend :)

... plus I get to support another Aussie for quality work.
I was thinking about it last night as it was spinning on my desk and I realized that I never put it away. With all my old grinders I took them out used them and put them away but my OMD is a permanent fixture on my desk. Some people look at it and think the bearing is just to make it a fidget toy and they are wrong the bearing removes the friction points that most grinders have and results in a really good grinder that as a bonus is fun to play with. The thing that scares me a bit about the XL is how much it would weigh in stainless or what it would cost in titanium.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I like to make my portable vaporizers with stem mouthpieces into devices I can mate with glass, so I add a little silicon tube extension and add a hookah grommet to seal an 18 mm glass adapter.
Vape.jpg

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Genuine question for those of you who keep your Aroma-3s out, does your place just smell like weed 24/7?

I find that just opening my stash box makes the whole apartment smell for a few hours, so I can’t imagine just keeping stuff out in the open all the time.
my girlfriend HATES he smell of weed or smoke so I can't do much inside unless its a low smell situation and the Aroma-3 doens't have an aroma that makes me have to put it away

sadf

Genuine question for those of you who keep your Aroma-3s out, does your place just smell like weed 24/7?

I find that just opening my stash box makes the whole apartment smell for a few hours, so I can’t imagine just keeping stuff out in the open all the time.

Mine still hasn't been produced so I can't speak to the Aroma-3 specifically, but in my experience grinders don't have nearly as strong a lingering smell as you might expect based on opening a sealed container holding a large amount of cannabis. For the most part a grinder isn't going to have very much flower in it at any given time, and since they aren't sealed the flower that is in them dries out pretty quickly, it doesn't stay dank like the stuff in your sealed zip bags or hard containers.

mcscruffy

Mine certainly has an Aroma to it, but I keep it in a Stashlogix Alma bag so if I were to leave it out I don't know if it would continue to smell as strongly.

kato1234

I don't keep the weed in the grinder I transfer it to a jar to keep it fresh and stink free depending on the weed...........CUE BOOMER RANT.....I remember getting weed that was bagged and then put in double ziplocks in the trunk and we were worried if we got stopped because you could still smell it. Even smoking it outside in a breeze my non smoking wife walked by 10 minutes later and warned us because she could smell a skunk. Since the government took over I haven't found a good skunk weed like that......END RANT

Razzle_N_Dazzle

I don't keep the weed in the grinder I transfer it to a jar to keep it fresh and stink free depending on the weed...........CUE BOOMER RANT.....I remember getting weed that was bagged and then put in double ziplocks in the trunk and we were worried if we got stopped because you could still smell it. Even smoking it outside in a breeze my non smoking wife walked by 10 minutes later and warned us because she could smell a skunk. Since the government took over I haven't found a good skunk weed like that......END RANT
Honestly yeah. I remember when I was in HS a little over 10 years ago, my dad found my stash that was double bagged and under clothes in a drawer. He smelled it just by walking by. It was only a couple of nugs too, less than an 8th. It was some absolutely amazing home grown blue dream that I still think about today. It's been a very long time since I've had anything that dank. I think dank has been bred out of modern weed lol

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Honestly yeah. I remember when I was in HS a little over 10 years ago, my dad found my stash that was double bagged and under clothes in a drawer. He smelled it just by walking by. It was only a couple of nugs too, less than an 8th. It was some absolutely amazing home grown blue dream that I still think about today. It's been a very long time since I've had anything that dank. I think dank has been bred out of modern weed lol
Do you home grow? If so, still plenty of dank to be had (even older cultivars if you'd prefer them). :tup:

Photonic,

ChooChooCharlie

I leave ground herb in grinders, let them sit in a tupperware sealed container in a drawer

Gave my OMD SS to art gallery friend today. She struggled opening, fighting the magnet strength. Just like me with my weak girly old man hands. Told her to be careful with the sharp teeth, and to hold it firmly when opening to avoid accidental drops on tables or feet. Also gave her a Lobo, as her first try at dry herb vaping

She grows, so OMD sharp grinder is good for uncured sticky bud

Singularity Walker

I have no other bearing to compare with it at the moment, but seems to spin fine.
I got the bearing puller also. Soon some Aliexpress bearings will allow me to play around in that regard a bit more.

AndyO

Nice surprise, my 2023 Holiday Special Edition Unengraved Aroma-3 (that's what I'm calling it) arrived sooner than expected.

Mine turned up today as well.

I didn't realise when I said I was fine with an unengraved version that it wouldn't come with the OMD branding, but I don't really care - it actually looks really nice and clean without any engraving.

After 2 uses, christ it feels good in the hand and gives a mint grind!

conj

Mine turned up today as well.

I didn't realise when I said I was fine with an unengraved version that it wouldn't come with the OMD branding, but I don't really care - it actually looks really nice and clean without any engraving.

After 2 uses, christ it feels good in the hand and gives a mint grind!
Same here! Mine was supposed to arrive the day after boxing day, imagine my surprise when it just arrived now!

I think I would of prefered one with engraving on, but overall I am very happy with my purchase. The machining on this thing is awesome. I will definitely be buying a second in the future.

Top Bottom