• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

FNQ2

Received mine today cheers Ben :)
Love it.
It's a piece of art and I was so glad to read you are ditching the jesus clip idea.
I'm 61 and have chopped a lot of pot and seen a lot of hand made / before cnc
quality stuff and this thing is the bomb.
The side grooves fit the design well and are necessary for the needy, good design.
I have no trouble with any of it and I chose magnets and what a chop!

I did see the point of your jesus where did that go clip as belting or pushing
on the inner of a bearing isn't good, as you'd know.
Would depend on the tolerance set I suppose.
Cheap enough to belt out and bin but I'll tap mine out in 20 years when it''s rooted :)

Your front logo begs my toast :)
Just below center left Happy Days and on the right Better Nights
above AROMA 3 [insert name etc]

OLD MATE
DESIGNS

Happy .... Better
Days .... Nights

For Me
AROMA-3

Thanks heaps Ben n Kevin :)

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Hammer and a drift punch should work for removal, plus the tool swinging the hammer…

Timps27,

marduk

daydreamer
Or you could just flip the tool over to pull the bearing out if there were a second bolt included with a smaller diameter head...

edit: nevermind, looking at the pics again, there's no teeth/standoff allowing room on the other side. :doh:

Last edited:
marduk,

Knewt

I will be doing all of my bearing removal and installation in a vise using appropriate sized sockets. This way all motion will be linear in the correct directions.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks have you tried grinding upside down to get a finer grind?

Yes, I mentioned trying it, it does not work as well here with the narrower lid, not easy to grip or use that way, furthermore that leads to the crumbs flying out the sides and the bottom center, perhaps dirtying up the bearing as well ... Normal for grinding upside down to make a grinder dirtier in general, but here I don't think it is an effective way to use this grinder (finer grind can be achieved depending how you load and on the herbs themselves, it can just be a bit of a crap shoot for me so I would like to have the option of a second OMD with a finer plate like I do with my several different BCG)

farmerpalmersnt

I was thinking maybe a modded version of this sort of thing:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
My penance for nasty posts before

Scored a friggin' titanium OldMate
Wonder if there are titanium barbies for shrimp?
Peace

Did you go for the NTN-bearing? :D

Or maybe this deserves a custom job?
Imagine a solid gold bearing that runs on perfectly round "ball-cut" diamonds!

Edit: i am curious what the weight of the Ti-OMD will be!
I'm sure it will look and feel pretty awesome and luxurious!
Functional Ti-art!
Build for eternity!

Last edited:

3 Feet Farms

After hearing all the positive reviews from the pre-orders I had to jump onto this grinder asap, so I got my order in last night. It came in at £115 with shipping to the UK

I went for the standard teal skateboard bearing and I can't wait to try this out.

I wonder if my order will ship with the new bearing inserter tool, I don't really see any need to change the bearing but would like the option to remove and replace it for cleaning.

sickmanfraud

Is the skate bearing supposed to fit flush in the top of the grinder?

My founder's edition Aroma-3 has the top bearing sticking out a very very small amount, but I think there is friction between the top two pieces.

My second Armoa-3 has the bearing flush and it spins noticeably longer.

sickmanfraud,

Knewt

Is the skate bearing supposed to fit flush in the top of the grinder?

My founder's edition Aroma-3 has the top bearing sticking out a very very small amount, but I think there is friction between the top two pieces.

My second Armoa-3 has the bearing flush and it spins noticeably longer.
On my Founder’s Edition the outer bearing race is 0.17mm below the top of the grinder.

OMD

Accessory Maker
https://oldmatedesigns.com/products/bearing-press-puller

Ok everyone, If you want to beta test a press/puller i have 20 available on my website.

$5AUD/$3.35USD + Shipping. (this price is only for the first 20 beta testers)

When they're gone they're gone!

If you have a current order placed with me and you want one included in your package, please reply to your order confirmation email and ill chuck one in for you.

thanks!

Top Bottom