Old Head Freight Train

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Is there some pinouts charts for the PID, since it seems its different depending on the seller. I'm already thinking about buying a Quaroma XL, so i'd like to reuse the PID Controller.
I believe the Old Head PID is the Auber style pinout. So it is not compatible with Qaroma coils. You can, of course, buy just the Qaroma XL head and use a compatible coil for your PID.

greenganja

Hello !
So I just ordered a Freight Train Pro and I can't wait to receive it.

I have two questions :

1. Could I do a double-decker with the freight train (dropping some wax/rosin/live resin/etc on the air intake)? How bad would the cleanup be?

2. Any other tricks, tips and hacks for my first bal vape?
2.1 Is there some pinouts charts for the PID, since it seems its different depending on the seller. I'm already thinking about buying a Quaroma XL, so i'd like to reuse the PID Controller.
You can put some concentrate on top of your herb. But I would not recommend trying a double decker with it, as it really isn't made for that. The Freight Train Pro was made for flower usage. There is no dish on top of the head of the vape like the Flower Pot B2. The pinout on the Old Head PID is the same as the Auber 300. But will not work with any of the Quaroma vapes (different pin out). I took the heat shield off of mine because when I would try to use with my fixed stem straight tube the heat shield was in the way throwing off the alignment of the injector into the bowl. I actually like it better without the heat shield. There is YouTube video by a AWistfulNihilist he shortened the injector tube on the Freight Train Pro in this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-TQVX3YxgY&t=6s. I will not be attempting this, as I rather enjoy the way it functions as is out of the box.

ChooChooCharlie

Happy 4/20 from San Diego
Old-Head-Freight-Train-Pro-elevated-on-420.jpg

I believe the Old Head PID is the Auber style pinout. So it is not compatible with Qaroma coils. You can, of course, buy just the Qaroma XL head and use a compatible coil for your PID.
What about the Sun from KoilBoi? Is the OH stuff compatible with it? I can't really find a pinout diagram or anything like that for Old Head's PID, but it seems to be the same as the Sun from what little info I can find.

ImprisonedFetus,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
What about the Sun from KoilBoi? Is the OH stuff compatible with it? I can't really find a pinout diagram or anything like that for Old Head's PID, but it seems to be the same as the Sun from what little info I can find.
Looking at their site, they have the same pinout as Auber/DC. They even say they are compatible with 710Coils, which uses that pinout. So I think you should be great!

JohnDank

been rockin wit the freight train for the past few days. phenomenal unit. reminds me of when i was rippin the evo wit the massive clouds. brings outt he flavor really well. been vaping on a couple cbx strains with it. all are amazing with it. i ended up going with the sneaky pete cube piece and it pairs with it greeat.

edead

1. Could I do a double-decker with the freight train (dropping some wax/rosin/live resin/etc on the air intake)? How bad would the cleanup be?

can only speak to rosin but i would say it works very well. use the old head poker tool or something similar in glass and roll it onto the solid outer ring just outside of the holes as you pull. this works solo without injector bowl as well. cleanup is fairly simple, cleaning the injector tube with alcohol then running it at burn off temp for anything that may be inside the unit. the freight train pro is an excellent device

edead,

Cereal4dinner

does anyone know where the stock bowls for the freight train are made? The ones on oldhead website cost $54 for shipping lmao, ridiculous!

Cereal4dinner,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Unsure, they look like every other generic injector bowl at this point. If you are in need of a bowl I would check out @VGOODIEZ injector bowls, better and cheaper, plus discounts.

Pcloudy

I just saw dfreeze makes a "one" bowl also. Just trying to help out a buddy that broke his glass bowl almost immediately

Pcloudy,

VicVinegar710

Sharing thoughts from another member:

"I don't have high hopes for the freight train being able to compete with the other injectors on the market. There's just so much mass that's far from the coil... That long neck and joint are going to be quite a bit cooler than the rest of the coil-wrapped head. At the beginning of a hit, that cooler part of the head is going to leech heat until it reaches equilibrium with the rest of the head; that's calories that'd otherwise go to the herb" ...Something to keep in mind??

They say CH ran into a similar issue when they were designing their injector head, so they had to revise, but I don't know all these details myself, just thought it was worth sharing for the pure information!
This is much safer. One reason why a lot of people now are buying them. A big reason why I bought one.

VicVinegar710,

GratefulDread

I'm not sure where that opinion originated, but possibly by a weed tuber/twitch streamer who goes by "Cewpins".
His first e-nail ball vapes were the B2 and then the B0.
For whatever reason, his favorite rig to hit out of is a classic 18" TAG beaker bong, with the 45 degree joint/downstem...
So when he switched to the FTP, after they sent him one for review, he started mentioning that the FTP feels "more secure" and ultimately "more safe" in his (45 degree joint) bong. Now he mentions it every time someone asks for a comparison between the Bx' and the FTP.
Apparently, there was one instance where his B0 fell out of the bowl while he was hitting it. :shrug:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wow thanks for that info @GratefulDread that is some good internet research my friend! Also find it pretty hilarious, but I guess it makes sense, also from a brand new member account, a little more Hugh honey than Vic vinegar perhaps ;):lol::ko:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Cewpins is actually a lot of fun to watch, but he is definitely still just getting his feet wet with the latest vape developments. Prior to the B0 he was a full time combuster (maybe inside a year ago).

Top Bottom