Old Head Dab-Ready and Terp Hammer

kwehday

Sorry I took so long to reply, but I finally got back to Brain and wanted to wait until that...:

Yes, it appears I may have the exact same issue as you, the top edge of the banger isn't perfectly round (I think the weld tweaked it a bit) and you can actually see the air gaps when you place the marble, and thus you have to pull too hard to get the pearls to spin. Brian is sending another... I mentioned that even the injector bowl is little crooked but otherwise functions fine and I got the "Unfortunately when we're dealing with quartz and glass there's always some variation" speil...:rolleyes: but I kind of expected it... Like I said tho, it still works fine and I have these coming soon to checkout, too:
IMG-2321.jpg

The dabbing warehouse auto spinner banger works effortlessly with Brian's marble and pearls, even with the thicker wall (which holds more heat...:tup:)

Edit: dammit! I meant to order the long one, not the short one, of the middle injector bowls with carb above... who knows, maybe it will be good for microdosing...?:hmm::science:

Love to see experimentation with different bowls!
I'm def watching for any updates on their function, notably the accidental shorty :)

I'm finding the Terp Hammer to be excellent for micro-dosing, as it will easily (and terp-ily) 1-shot a 0.1/0.15g load at lower temps if you get the herb close enough to the diffuser. My current method uses an 18mm Elev8r bowl and resting a domed screen on top of another inverted domed screen to raise the load closer to the mighty Hammer.

Messing with the load distance really woke this thing up for me :whoa:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Lotsa testing scheduled again today... here's the way things are "starting" (been up since 2AM :rolleyes:) out this morning at ever evolving "Terrpin' Station"...:
IMG-2427.jpg

IMG-2432.jpg

IMG-2433.jpg

IMG-2428.jpg

YES! You see right, folks...! Old Head and @Bologna redefining the DAB...!

***please stay tuned for further developments***

:science:🤪

(hopefully slightly better pics with the 15 Pro due in next week...:tup:)

Last edited:

quasars25

Old Head Command Center available! Hefty price tag of $169 but looks lovely.
As beautiful as this is, I think it is just too damn expensive. I had someone design a 3D caddy for my Terp Ready, and it looks just fine.... and at a tiny fraction of the cost of the Command Center. I will probably update my profile pick with my 3D Caddy.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Last pics with iPhone 12 Pro... 15 Pro is in da house!:

IMG-2479.jpg

IMG-2478.jpg

So, what I'm doing here is dropping dabs into a small SiC insert with two 4mm SiC pearls that's sitting in a DW auto-spinner banger and kinda pulsing a "Pi" ball cap with my fingertip to activate the auto-spin... it works surprisingly well with small amounts....:tup:

Fully restocked with new 'trates and flower, too!

:science::peace:

Edit:

But that was then, this is NOW (w/15pro):
IMG-2519.jpg

DW 3-piece bub, AliExpress Swiss perc ash catcher (which is pretty awesome) with one of these bangers and a 6mm SiC pearl:
For some Meat Breath live resin... everything seems to vape-off super clean this way with only a single distilled water moistened q-tip needed for cleanup...:brow::D:smug:✌️

Last edited:

quasars25

Last pics with iPhone 12 Pro... 15 Pro is in da house!:

IMG-2479.jpg

IMG-2478.jpg

So, what I'm doing here is dropping dabs into a small SiC insert with two 4mm SiC pearls that's sitting in a DW auto-spinner banger and kinda pulsing a "Pi" ball cap with my fingertip to activate the auto-spin... it works surprisingly well with small amounts....:tup:

Fully restocked with new 'trates and flower, too!

:science::peace:

Edit:

But that was then, this is NOW (w/15pro):
IMG-2519.jpg

DW 3-piece bub, AliExpress Swiss perc ash catcher (which is pretty awesome) with one of these bangers and a 6mm SiC pearl:
For some Meat Breath live resin... everything seems to vape-off super clean this way with only a single distilled water moistened q-tip needed for cleanup...:brow::D:smug:✌️
Nice setup!

quasars25

I tried to insert an image of my new setup, but I can't seem to do it. I had no problem uploading it to use as my profile pic. I am obviously doing something wrong. Can someone assist?

coolbreeze

Did I just invent 'The Flexi-daptable Banger SystemTM'...? Anyone ever see another wackjob try this, or something similar....?
I've sorta done that with my DBV:
IMG-1143.jpg

Edit: Anyhow, I agree: we're geniuses. ; )

Edit: @Nugg did it first:
hV1I7Q1.jpg

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I've sorta done that with my DBV:
IMG-1143.jpg
Yeah, DOH! :bang: I forgot about that old elev8 tech... Ditanium and other "wand" type devices that easily facilitate it... I even did it with the Ghost MV-1 way back when... but I've never seen it done with a regular ol standard quartz banger before....:hmm:

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts! 🙏🏻

coolbreeze

Yeah, DOH! :bang: I forgot about that old elev8 tech... Ditanium and other "wand" type devices that easily facilitate it... I even did it with the Ghost MV-1 way back when... but I've never seen it done with a regular ol standard quartz banger before....:hmm:

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts! 🙏🏻
I hear there's a 'genius hose club' but Ernie's the president:
54c2d4541e1accf48be6a301f38ea9fb.jpg

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I hear there's a 'genius hose club' but Ernie's the president:
54c2d4541e1accf48be6a301f38ea9fb.jpg
HA! And I do "hear you" (all), LOUD and CLEAR (not you, @coolbreeze)! Definity posting waaaay too much in this thread. I'll save it for reddit/elsewhere... Thanks!

Just let Brian tell you guys what to do and buy, afterall, he's soooo "knowledgeable"...:rolleyes:

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Bologna,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Isn’t it just an enail at that point?
Well gee, now that someone asked the obvious question I was a waiting for... without a quote or like or any notification at all, mind you, so luckily I saw it as I "unfollowed" the thread. But to answer you, YES, it's just an enail at that point, and it was also just an enail before that point, too (but with certain limitations.) And NO, it's actually quite a bit different than a coil that strapped to a banger/nail.... you know, cuz there's no coil strapped to it.:hmm::brow:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
To each their own, if that’s how you enjoy the device you should continue to enjoy it.

But the DabReady was specifically marketed as a move away from enails; a way to ride the temp profile down as you would with a traditional torch rig.

Whether the banger sits inside the coil without a strap, or whether it has an actual strap holding it in; the product is the same. A banger under constant heat from a coil.

Timps27,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
To each their own, if that’s how you enjoy the device you should continue to enjoy it.
Ha, that's not how I "enjoy the device" necessarily, it's one very specific use scenario/idea that can maybe spill over into other scenarios/ideas... this is how things can get pushed forward, not by just listening to what manufacturer says to do, use and more importantly, BUY...😂 But that's ok, you're not interested in doing any of that, and no one says you have to be....! More pics of units with fine art and delicious alcoholic beverages please!

Whether the banger sits inside the coil without a strap, or whether it has an actual strap holding it in; the product is the same. A banger under constant heat from a coil.
It is when it is, but it doesn't have to be, you see, when it's not strapped to a 600 degree coil there are more options... anyway, ✌️, man... indeed, enjoy your device any way you see fit!

Edit: Some feel more comfortable outside the box, while others enjoy the relative safety, warmth and comfort of the interior...

Last edited:
Bologna,
Reactions: Timps27

ChooChooCharlie

... More pics of units with fine art and delicious alcoholic beverages please! ...
OK
Hammer-w-espolon-barbini-kazandjian-mcguire.jpg

:wave::lol:
Some feel more comfortable outside the box, while others enjoy the relative safety, warmth and comfort of the interior...
I feel comfy within a good design
A cordless, revolutionary design
One that everyone else is chasing
Because it's nice to be free
Cord free

Top Bottom