Old Head Dab-Ready and Terp Hammer

Radwin Bodnic

First video from @ShayWhiteGrow that I watched without seeing a cloud... are you alright man ?

The loose fit will make it fairly ineffective but looks like a simple copper sleeve would fill the gap and make the heating more even.
Bonus : copper sheets are available in a wide range of thicknesses.

Edit, one drawback : the load would fall into the balls.
(Usually the load comes out of the balls towards the stem, not the other way around).
Heating only the 18mmK cap and then putting it on the stem would solve this. Or use the capsule stem.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Old-Head-Terp-Ready-Stand.jpg

Discounted as factory seconds -- it's a little rough in couple spots, but still looks good. Had to pose Bud's pick tool in there as a nod to the G

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Decided to take some Jhook pulls with the Terp Hammer tonight, it might be the best Jhook device available [in my arsenal]. Fingers wrapped around that beautiful walnut handle, thumb on the post handle of the bowl, they lift off as one unit for some amazing carb work. And of course the flavor; although flavor is not TH’s strong suit IMO.

ETA: […]

Last edited:

hweezi

formally cwheezy
The Terp-Hammer gets me so god damn high. It's next level compared to the OG Freight Train. Thank god I'm on vacation cause these past two days have been a write off since receiving this product lmfao.

I haven't even played with the temps at all I've just left it where I've had it for my quartz at 560. I find that controlling my draw speed is what really helps milk the hell out of a bowl. It tastes great, hits so hard while being almost effortless, I love that it's wireless the freedom feels amazing.

Dejavu

anyone able to upload some hits from the terp hammer? Debating on purchasing one. I haven't seen many videos and the one I saw looked like whispy vapor but that can be fixed by having a higher temp to idle the terp hammer?

ChooChooCharlie

anyone able to upload some hits from the terp hammer? Debating on purchasing one. I haven't seen many videos and the one I saw looked like whispy vapor but that can be fixed by having a higher temp to idle the terp hammer?
Welcome. Sorry, no vids. But I can tell you that all "ball vapes" will milk up a bubbler quickly, given the correct temp setting. I ran OG Freight Train at 640-650, Freight Train Pro at 620-630, and now with Terp Hammer I set the Dab-Ready PID to 600. All these give equivalent performance at those temps, for me, anyway

One differentiating feature of the Terp Hammer is its compact desktop footprint -- no need for a separate injector head stand, and the PID and its cord are "hidden" within the Dab-Ready's vertical form factor. Looks polished and unified

And, of course, eliminating the injector cord offers a very freeing experience, coming from the typical corded coil/head

So annoying, feeing "the drag" of the cord, while moving injector back and forth to rig. Broke two pricey rigs by accidentally yanking on injector cord. I'm uncoordinated -- now I'm just un-corded

Price is relatively high for a ball vape today, but it does serve up both herb and oil very well

Dejavu

I do think I am going to go with the dab ready but own a b1.

Wondering if quartz banger is better than a sapphire dish tbucket? Getting the terp hammer would increase cost by a lot and not sure if I should buy it just because of having a dab ready setup or just stick to the b1....

I see the other stuff like the mininail and such but read those aren't as good as a traditional banger or a tbucket.

Thought about turning b1 into a b2 but people say the b2 isn't great for dab hits only so kind of in a weird spot. Debating on if I should sell my b1 or not get the terp hammer :/

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Looks like it was posted to the wrong spot and deleted. Pretty sure I saw it here this morning as well
I caught it... too low post count to use the classifieds section. They just tried to take a quick/easy shot here before going to Reddit.

Bologna,

ChooChooCharlie

I like the 16mm banger and pillar, seems to leave less waste, and fun watching the pillar dance

Old-Head-Dab-Ready-times-two.jpg

"It takes two, baby
it takes two, baby
make a dream come true
just takes two"

(not really, only if you really like the 16mm insert style, you are impatient, and, and, well, I'm sure you can fill in the rest about someone with more dollars than sense)

Edit: nasty drip stains down banger because my tremors hit wall, need to improve hotknife technique

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I like the 16mm banger and pillar, seems to leave less waste, and fun watching the pillar dance

"It takes two, baby
it takes two, baby
make a dream come true
just takes two"

(not really, only if you really like the 16mm insert style, you are impatient, and, and, well, I'm sure you can fill in the rest about someone with more dollars than sense)
I'm imagining a @Timberhead double Dab Ready stand....🤔

Mndeadhead

i so wanted to hold off on getting a terp hammer until they came out with a version that does similar to the new CH heads, but alas, VAS won again. The hammer comes tomorrow. now to go sell a few things....

"It takes two, baby
it takes two, baby
make a dream come true
just takes two"

Edit: nasty drip stains down banger because my tremors hit wall, need to improve hotknife technique
excited to get that stand delivered.Bummed that it doesnt look like it has a dedicated place for the hammer. How are y'all handling that?

Top Bottom