• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Obscure and Obsolete Vapes

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
pakalolo said:
I wonder why it has to be so big.

yeah, i wonder too. and i can't figure it out from the views of the interior of the device. i guess it gets down to designer choices ... me, i like small devices.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everyone,

...the V-lamp...

RED-TV32.jpg

...there just isnt any info around on these things...

Well, I think I have one to contribute. The Vlamp.

http://www.head2headshop.com/32-the-vlamp.html

Some new information to share about that one: that's NOT a lamp at all!!

It's built around a ceramic element contained inside heat-exchanger parts wrapped together with black tape... Yet another misleading product lacking proper documentation/reviews (& advertizing) i guess!...

:peace:

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations LesVape,

Looks a bit interesting.

It depends, if the domestic lightning function isn't required while its stealth feature remains unoticed (until someone tries to turn it on, that is!), euh... Could be, why not?... We sure don't have much to speculate on! Anyway, in complete darkness you'd perceive a linear red glow i guess, but i wouldn't recommend vaporizing with the lights off, that i do know! Also, the wrapping tape must be rated for high temperature service, i hope, or maybe there's some confusion and it's only intended for transitional use, e. g. during transport.

7.gif

Really, there was a time when i might have wished for better pictures but i've rediscovered fire lately so perhaps the wheel might be next, followed by vapor, etc., and then electricity again!! Eventually. Go figure... But i'm no hurry.

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Abysmal Vapor,

Is there any thermal sensor in it? This "Stash-Box" style product sure does seem to suggest it's "Thermostatic", although i'm thinking it might not be the case, actually!

Solid-state "Rheostatic" i'd say, with a digital module scaled to match temperature somewhat - if you see what i mean... To confess the truth i'm dying in expectation waiting to see inside-pictures showing 4 leads connected to the heater assembly: 2 for power, 2 more for temperature measurement, since it's displaying in Fahrenheit only - NO Celsius!!

M'well, 50 $ USD sounds affordable. Once it gets on the Canadian side that must be some 120 $ CAD i'll bet!...

In any case, what's your opinion about calling an article "VLamp" when in fact it's not providing light as with a normal lamp? I believe the reader who considers this purchase should reflect on the absence of complete lamp emulation... Other than that, as a potential customer i'd want to know if it's "clean", better pictures might help with that. Or else: a video(?)...

Egzoset,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I've just asked a friendly online headshop that have it , to check if you can use it as a lamp for reading.. Although i too share your opinion .. I'll hate if someone tells me : Dude you gotta get a stronger bulb ... you are gonna get blind reading with that ...

Abysmal Vapor,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again Abysmal Vapor,

I'll hate if someone tells me : Dude you gotta get a stronger bulb ...

Well, maybe there's a version which does illuminate when plugged and switched on but i can tell the one i'm aware of just didn't when checked and this renders the stealth aspect somewhat trivial, since putting 2 lamps side-by-side on a very same table certainly wouldn't be an option for me (and i don't keep too many tables in a single room)...

71.gif

At least it's mostly convection i guess, considering the heat-exchanger looks vaguely similar to that of a DBV/SSV (or Herb Iron, etc.: e.g. glass jacket over ceramic element), i would think.

Egzoset,

Foster

http://swamis420.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/new-product-the-acrylic-hand-held-vaporizer/

Walked into my LHS and saw this vaporizer on the shelves. Seems similar to the idea behind a Vaporgenie.

This is the description on the website:

"The Acrylic Hand Held Vaporizer is a perfectly portable size at approximately 6″ long and 1″ in diameter. Perfect for vaporizing ear wax or hash oil. Simply place your choice of medical marijuana hash product in the small glass chamber and hold a flame 2″ beneath to allow for the hash to begin heating and releasing THC. Each Acrylic Vape is sold with an extra glass chamber. $12 each."

mod note: This post and the following four have been merged from the Portable Candidates sub-forum.

Foster,

exit

I'm going through the thread, but figured I'd ask if anyone has advice for improvement on those no name box vapes. Its smaller than other similar design boxes I've seen, but I got this for free so I want to modify and improve it where I can and give it to a friend who smokes medically but can't afford a vape.

exit,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
my friend used one of those for a while and ended up replacing the standard glass whip w/ an Extreme Q cyclone bowl and elbow(18MM joint). it keeps the herb ~3/4" away from the element, in its own chamber. also it gives you the advantage of packing elbows, which uses less herb... you might have to up the temp a little but it seemed to be an improvement.

justcametomind

I'm going through the thread, but figured I'd ask if anyone has advice for improvement on those no name box vapes. Its smaller than other similar design boxes I've seen, but I got this for free so I want to modify and improve it where I can and give it to a friend who smokes medically but can't afford a vape.
Having to deal with a box like that he could be turned off by vaping for ages.
If he can afford medical weed, he could maybe get a Vaporgenie Coil too.
It works well and it's just 29,50$.:2c:

justcametomind,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Exit,

...I expect it to just be a total piece of shit.

Personally i wouldn't be that critical from the start but simply expect it to FAKE the thermostatic feature. To find out one simply needs to take a close look at the wiring connected to the heater: 2 wires means Rheostatic, 4 would be too good to be true - but who knows!... Please don't hesitate to document graphically as i've wanted to see some good evidence for a while, relatively to those.

:D

Egzoset,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Personally i wouldn't be that critical from the start but simply expect it to FAKE the thermostatic feature. To find out one simply needs to take a close look at the wiring connected to the heater: 2 wires means Rheostatic, 4 would be too good to be true - but who knows!... Please don't hesitate to document graphically as i've wanted to see some good evidence for a while, relatively to those.

:D
E.Z. Vape that was given to me by a friend I was bored :tup:
BkHoOh9.jpg

2 white wires Heater, 2 Yellow wires Fuse protection, 2small red wires LED light board
TrinRrX.jpg

9QPT1lR.jpg

J7hK8Qk.jpg

exit

Check it out. 4 wires. I turned it on to test it and the temp live updated.
The capacitors used are fucking trash though. I wouldnt be surprised if one exploded any day now.

o5yoVIGl.jpg

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations 1_gr8_underdog,
Salutations Exit,

Thank you both, so it's "kiffe kiffe" i would say! Or fifty-fifty... Sometimes one really gets temperature regulation at a bargain price after all, though the other times maybe not and hence i wonder what the "°F" (on Exit's snapshot) really means in such cases. I wouldn't be too surprized to find that some controls are actually based on a timer, just like the stove in my kitchen: what you'd get is power control by varying duty-cycle, e.g. no closed feedback-loop regulation.

exit

I haven't pulled out the board and looked at it. If I did I would have a better idea of how it works haha.

The capacitors are on level of cheap chinese electronics from the late 80s or early 90s. Unbelievable. I told my friend who i was going to give it to free about that and he didn;t mind even though i offered to recap it for him. I guess I'll get a longevity report from him :lol: He doesn't care about combusion like I do though, so he'll still be happy if it just combusts his weed :lol:

exit,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again Exit!

I haven't pulled out the board...

Well, the temperature sensor would be all that really matters when thermostatic action is expected.

There could be only 2 wires coming from the heater and yet measurement would still be made using a thermally-coupled device with its own set of wires nearby, this way a 2-wires heater would happen to fail telling the whole story. Briefly put, it's about signs of feedback from the heater...

But generally speaking, 4 should be good news.

...I'll get a longevity report...

That will be interesting, not that i'm likely to fall for one with some fancy numerical display on the front. I'm in need for a Plan-A but far from desperate. The thing is i keep going through my collection of 210+ pictures and that's not helping a bit: how does one compete with a self-moisturizing vaporizer which compresses the release of aroma/flavour into a couple 7-15 seconds (each) "1 Hit" sessions?... It would have to be halogen-based to offer reactiveness and power and yet that still would feel dry enough to require water conditioning i presume. So, maybe it's time i start collecting 50 $ bargains... Go figure! What i know is that nothing really appeals to me at the moment. I guess having a new toy will help waiting for the next, etc.

Perhaps this will inspire me, eventually... Thanks for taking the time to provide information anyway!

Egzoset,

clouded vision

exit, I had that exact same vaporite model for years and hated it. I must say that when it works right it produces huge clouds but the thermostat (or whatever it uses for temperature control) was extremely faulty on mine. one day I would combust at 365, the next I couldn't get any vapor at 410. also there were times I would turn up the temp in the middle of asession and it would actually get cool to the touch. I got it third hand though so I have no idea how it worked when new or if the original owner abused it in some way

clouded vision,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
exit, I had that exact same vaporite model for years and hated it. I must say that when it works right it produces huge clouds but the thermostat (or whatever it uses for temperature control) was extremely faulty on mine. one day I would combust at 365, the next I couldn't get any vapor at 410. also there were times I would turn up the temp in the middle of asession and it would actually get cool to the touch. I got it third hand though so I have no idea how it worked when new or if the original owner abused it in some way

there is a fundamental problem with an analog potentiometer control (rheostat) -- the physical action of moving the wiper across the resistor will create wear patterns. it can go from perfect to too hot to dead within a millimeter of rotation. Plus, high current flow will degrade the spot the control is resting on.

i'm pulling 12 amps (20% duty cycle) and the current absolutely eats the stranded wire (on the negative terminal). that's why all current flow inside the cube is solid copper strips. the external stranded wire is easily (cheaply) replaced.

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom