NYC Best Vape Spots

vapviking

Old & In the Way
indica dominant Creme Brulee Mixed Light at $225 which i very highly recommend
I'm down to the last bud of the oz I picked up a month or so ago, it said Indica dominant. Same, $225 mixed light.
Nice and tasty, I agree!
And good in combinations - I make a lot of salads!
Harvest moon come and gone, I'm soon coming into some delicious local grown Skittlez. Putting in for winter!

vapviking,
  • Love
Reactions: NYC_Frank

Razhumikin

I went to the one in Williamsburg and it was ok, got an O of purple mountain majesty ($135) and an O of lemon tree ($185) and both are ok but not by any means great. Picked up an O of OG Kush ($125) today at Bud N Budder on Broadway in Astoria, and its honestly decent. Not the best bud ive ever bought but consideravly nicer than the empire stuff for less money.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Razhumikin thanks for the turn-on. Where I live, about 45 min north, we have no storefront sales yet, so I've been going into Manhattan or Brooklyn to Empire. It has proven 'better' than what my "guy" has been coming up with, which seems like a lower grade outdoor Cali product. He's told me that's where it comes from, in the mail.
And far easier than driving to Massachusetts, though I do have friends to visit there.
My needs will be less for a little while with the homegrowns coming now (unfortunately not my own!), might even make it until 'real' stores start to open, but in the meantime, this is an appreciated spot, nice to hear a thumb's up about it, and simply to know about it will be helpful.
A good batch of OG Kush sounds tempting!

Razhumikin

@Razhumikin thanks for the turn-on. Where I live, about 45 min north, we have no storefront sales yet, so I've been going into Manhattan or Brooklyn to Empire. It has proven 'better' than what my "guy" has been coming up with, which seems like a lower grade outdoor Cali product. He's told me that's where it comes from, in the mail.
And far easier than driving to Massachusetts, though I do have friends to visit there.
My needs will be less for a little while with the homegrowns coming now (unfortunately not my own!), might even make it until 'real' stores start to open, but in the meantime, this is an appreciated spot, nice to hear a thumb's up about it, and simply to know about it will be helpful.
A good batch of OG Kush sounds tempting!
Astoria is practically swimming in grey market cannabis stores, there are probably upwards of 20 in Astoria alone now. Most of them are pretty garbage, but I've gotten the occasional good product and deal, and hopefully this $125 ounce is a sign that the intense competition among stores is starting to have positive effects for consumers.

checkyourlibido

Astoria is practically swimming in grey market cannabis stores, there are probably upwards of 20 in Astoria alone now. Most of them are pretty garbage, but I've gotten the occasional good product and deal, and hopefully this $125 ounce is a sign that the intense competition among stores is starting to have positive effects for consumers.
It's good you posted here. Hopefully if they can continue making sales, they'll continue stocking the good stuff.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
If anyone sees any Wonderbrett floating around the city please let me know ... thought I saw a reddit post that there was some available in Astoria .... thanks

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Meanwhile, up here in uptight Westchester, local police busted a convenience store for selling gummies and single joints.
Very disturbing to read the local accounts of how big a danger these posed to children, its always about the children. Of course, sales of non cannabis vapes are mixed right in with the rest, for news purposes.
I happen too agree that canna candy should not be labeled and marketed to look like Reese's Cups and stuff, but the level of alarm and dis-information in general around here is deafening.

vapviking,
  • Sad

NYC_Frank

Just saw this , thought I’d bring it up here

I didn't see Empire Cannabis Club listed as one of the stores tested ... there are a lot of small weed Bodega's all over Manhattan i wouldn't be caught dead in but hoping for the best with ECC as all the reviews have been positive.

NYC_Frank,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I didn't see Empire Cannabis Club listed as one of the stores tested ... there are a lot of small weed Bodega's all over Manhattan i wouldn't be caught dead in but hoping for the best with ECC as all the reviews have been positive.

This article does name Empire as one of the stores from which goods were tested.

Noteworthy is the source of funding, the medical cannabis trade association. Obviously their business is threatened by competition.
The article is disturbing nonetheless.
As far as bud is concerned, who knows if there's any difference compared to flower we've been getting for decades around NY?

I can admit I'm disturbed by the marketing and packaging of edibles, when they mimic brands of straight candy. I wonder wtf else those folks will do, to their product. Yuck.
I sure am happy to have fallen into a fresh harvest of some local, organic Skittlez.

But, damn, I was about to stop in Empire today for some wax and live resin carts...
Probably still will...

GoldenBud

This article does name Empire as one of the stores from which goods were tested.

Noteworthy is the source of funding, the medical cannabis trade association. Obviously their business is threatened by competition.
As far as bud is concerned, who knows if there's any difference compared to flower we've been getting for decades around NY?

I can admit I'm disturbed by the marketing and packaging of edibles, when they mimic brands of straight candy. I wonder wtf else those folks will do, to their product. Yuck.
I sure am happy to have fallen into a fresh harvest of some local, organic Skittlez.

But, damn, I was about to stop in Empire today for some wax and live resin carts...
Probably still will...
but the shops employees also or their friends also vape/smoke these nugs, i highly doubt, like you, that it containes something bad....saw a picture of the gg4 and damn that looks HOT for the price... HIGH VFM

GoldenBud,

NYC_Frank

As far as bud is concerned, who knows if there's any difference compared to flower we've been getting for decades around NY?we

yeah ... for sure not what we want to see but any report conclusions can be easily used to present the results the city is looking for. I thought I had read somewhere that the city was removing some quality control standards on their legit dispensaries because they could not be met. So they really shouldn't be throwing stones.

As you say , as far as bud is concerned, who knows if there's any difference compared to flower we've been getting for decades around NY or anywhere else. Personally i think its much better overall at Empire and cheaper as well. I'm looking at this as an attempt to try get people paying the much higher prices the Dispensaries are sure to list.

I have no complaints about Empire and will continue to purchase my bud from them. Competition is great and the city is looking to squash it.

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Screenshot-20221213-170306-Reddit.jpg
I love our city

NYC_Frank

Anybody come up with any other good "illegal" dispensaries besides empire ? ... I was thinking of giving "Street Lawyer Services" on the lower east side a shot in the new year ...

Screenshot-20221228-172016-Google.jpg

Razhumikin

Anybody come up with any other good "illegal" dispensaries besides empire ? ... I was thinking of giving "Street Lawyer Services" on the lower east side a shot in the new year ...

Bud N Budder in astoria is by far the best ive found. Multiple strains at $125/O of pretty decent quality. The GSC and GG#4 i got from them are both very nice.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Their prices look okay (good!) on live resin carts, but I don't see much variety of flower and it all looks like 60/eighth with no mention of discounting for qty.
That seems too rich for my wallet, but if you go pls do let us know what you think!

vapviking,

NYC_Frank

Bud N Budder in astoria is by far the best ive found. Multiple strains at $125/O of pretty decent quality. The GSC and GG#4 i got from them are both very nice.
Thanks Raz ... I'll plan to take a ride to Queens on a nice weekend soon ... been wanting to take a buzzed walk around the old Worlds Fair grounds again ... was there 8 times in 63-64 :myday:

NYC_Frank

Their prices look okay (good!) on live resin carts, but I don't see much variety of flower and it all looks like 60/eighth with no mention of discounting for qty.
That seems too rich for my wallet, but if you go pls do let us know what you think!
Yeah I hear you Viking .... I didn't even see the pricing and inventory area on the site but I'll take a look again now.

If i do go I'll let you guys know how it goes. Getting to the LES is a bit of a drag for me but if its worth the trip ...

LATE EDIT: ... found the page ... maybe I'll go for a top shelf eighth purchase of Wakanda Flower to try things out

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah I hear you Viking .... I didn't even see the pricing and inventory area on the site but I'll take a look again now.

If i do go I'll let you guys know how it goes. Getting to the LES is a bit of a drag for me but if its worth the trip ...

LATE EDIT: ... found the page ... maybe I'll go for a top shelf eighth purchase of Wakanda Flower to try things out

Opening today (a 4:20!)
First in NYS to open doors. It looks like they are taking free reservations for a cool event TODAY. Wish I could make it, but it won't be today...

Thank you @vinnyzan for putting the story up in NY Cannabis News.

EDIT, 9:20 am, sold out

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

Opening today (a 4:20!)
First in NYS to open doors. It looks like they are taking free reservations for a cool event TODAY. Wish I could make it, but it won't be today...

Thank you @vinnyzan for putting the story up in NY Cannabis News.
All good ... two stores in the Village ... can't wait to stop by ...

Top Bottom