• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

NYC Best Vape Spots

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Sort by price highest to lowest and see the three at the top ... White Rhino, Michi and Jealousy all available at discounted Oz pricing ... but I think that i may go for an eighth of that top shelf, high THC, Indica "Grapes of Wrath" for my first visit as I just stocked up with an oz through my old friend and source for about 20 years .... feel real bad about that part 😞

Razhumikin

Sort by price highest to lowest and see the three at the top ... White Rhino, Michi and Jealousy all available at discounted Oz pricing ... but I think that i may go for an eighth of that top shelf, high THC, Indica "Grapes of Wrath" for my first visit as I just stocked up with an oz through my old friend and source for about 20 years .... feel real bad about that part 😞

Once you go please let us know what you think of the quality, especially of the cheap stuff.

NYC_Frank

C.I. ... Denos Wonder Wheel Swinging cars ... A long time great spot for a summer time joint / now vape break ... only a few months away 🎡😎💨

image-asset.jpg

Razhumikin

Another great NYC warmer weather spot ... the Central Park Boathouse ... funny how all these thoughts come rushing into your head on a 14 degree morning 🥶💨

rowboats-rent-to-paddle-lake-aluminum-green-boat-rental-nyc-central-park-132795472.jpg
I also got lost in dreams of warmer days as i was toking on my Toad and having a cup of coffee this morning. Cant wait until I can sit on my balcony again and watch the city wake up with me.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Okay, I this morning I made the trip downtown to the lower East Side location of the Empire Cannabis Club, I think this one is open just a couple of weeks.
Unpredictable NY traffic caused it to take 1-1/2 hrs. to drive there and 50 min to get home...
This part of Manhattan is not too congested, I was able to park on the street just a couple of doors down from the shop.
Store is clean, everyone very friendly, actually I wondered by the end if they might all be Quakers or something, all calling me "friend" a lot...

Not many customers at all at about noon on a Tuesday, which allowed time for them to straighten out their own confusion about their pricing. I had tried to create an online order for pickup, but it would not proceed beyond filling a cart. Lucky I had that cart visible on my phone when they quoted me higher pricing (about twenty bucks on an oz). I showed them my cart, several of them got involved, scratched their heads, assured me I'd get the lower number (eventually).
My head was spinning from their gyrations, talking about applying coupons at the register (I had not heard of any), but finally I got to the register, and there was still confusion.

But in the end it all worked out to my great satisfaction. It could have been a five minute stop, but it became about 20 or 30. I attribute it entirely to the young age of this business, and I'm certain these wrinkles will be ironed out shortly. I understand they have two stores planned to open soon in Brooklyn.

I came away with 3 oz of flower in their mid-range categories. Oz's of the "Greenhouse" category (for me, Gorilla Glue #4 - indica dominant, 32% thc and Aloha Train Wreck - sativa dominant, 28% thc) came to $193.50 each, tax inclusive. I've only tasted the GG so far, it's quite nice - better quality than from my regular guy, who wants $250 or more. Of course I'm taking all of the thc ratings with a grain of salt...
A "Discount Ounce" of White Rhino labelled 'pure indica, 20% thc' was, with tax, $165. Fingers crossed on that one...
Extra was the $15 day-membership.

This is the first sub-$200 pricing I've enjoyed in decades, so on a personal note, that's pretty special...

All in all, I'm very glad to have gone, for my first in-store cannabis experience in my home state, and for the very reasonable deals. Now they just have to open a location in southern Westchester County!

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
This is the first sub-$200 pricing I've enjoyed in decades, so on a personal note, that's pretty special...
I'm surprised it wasn't more busy, even though it's a Tuesday. I imagine they will have lines down the street in relatively short order.

Looks like NYC legal market will give the black market more of a run for it's money than predicted too. Interesting.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
They're only charging 10% sales tax, I think it's nyc tax?
So that will add some, when bona fides open up.
And I think things like state tracking and testing will increase price to consumer.
For now, this gray area business (rather, club) model is awesome!

And to add to my earlier post, both the other strains I mentioned are "pretty good shit". 👍
The Aloha Train Wreck is quite pungent and is the tastiest of the three I got.

And I learned while in the store that the Diamond Cut, most expensive canna level they sell, is flower from Mother plants.

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
They're only charging 10% sales tax, I think it's nyc tax?
So that will add some, when bona fides open up.
Ok yeah, that makes sense. I would expect the taxes and other regulatory related fees to jack things up a lot more eventually.

I wonder if these guys are just going to sock away cash and pay whatever fines or backed taxes they need to pay when the time comes.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
These all look weird to me.
A lot are sending orders through the mail?
None discuss thc content of any strains. *(edit- I was viewing on phone earlier, on laptop I see some more detail)

Have you been to a Grow God's location?

No, but they've been getting almost consistently great reviews since 2017, no issues and always very pleased.
Pleasant and helpful to speak to on the phone as well.
I only wish they had shake which I use for edibles.
But NYC high wolves, a local delivery service, carries two options for shake - mids and high end.
The reason why shake is not as easy to find is because it's usually used for pre rolls.
Regardless, at least here and now it's a buyer's market.
No more driving around Lefrack City late at night for a dime (we used to do that)
No more getting a shoe shine by Bryant Park to cop the same from the friendly discreet shiner.
It's no longer a project, but for the most part I've always been treated very well by all of them.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Regardless, at least here and now it's a buyer's market.
Just 'til near years end.

*Remember I am close to one of the people who works directly in licensing for NY. I sent him links to some of this stuff but I haven't heard back yet. I'm curious to hear what he thinks of unlicensed storefronts.

I imagine additional taxes and regulatory fees will add back +-$50 to those $170 ounces. That would bring things closer to the standard that's settling in right now in this city and the others which legalized. NYC has always been a premium market so I am skeptical current prices will be sustainable.

I can get bulk shake, but I've never partook. I always just use the cheapest deps in my stash. I think I'll look into more now that I have the Ardent FX decarb machine....

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I can get bulk shake, but I've never partook. I always just use the cheapest deps in my stash. I think I'll look into more now that I have the Ardent FX decarb machine....

I have the Nova which I use alot for both shake and cbd flower.
I just sampled new edibles made from shake that I infused in a sous vide and the results are fantastic.
In fact I'm glad I started small last night and only ate a half of a cookie.
I did use the Nova for infusing (with Ardent's infusion sleeve) a few times and it was decent but I get a more thorough deeper infusion
with the sous vide. But for decarbing I find the Ardent Nova to be perfect.

NYC_Frank

This time I hosted @Razhumikin who provided the edutainment with premium convection devices. This Runtz definitely punches above it's weight and tastes quite nice.

Thanks for helping me christian my 2 new pieces in style as well. So many fun combos to try, we had target confusion!

I'm on my way ... : ) ... TGIF ...:science:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Spoke with my friend who is involved with NYS cannabis licensing.

He had no idea storefronts were open. He said point blank without provocation that those prices (i.e. $167 for that Blue Dream) will not last.

He started adding up the fees they aren't taking into account and there will probably be the better part of $100 added on to that.

He also said that nothing regulatory is set in stone yet really at all. But did mention that people who are growing hemp in state right now can be grandfathered in to recreational cannabis. That's a recent development.

Personally, I'm seeing my black market connection keeping the same prices but the quality and freshness has increased.

Top Bottom