Nova by Doug's Woodery

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Do we know about any Doug's woodery discounts or if I should wait for BF before ordering a nova?
Black_Friday_2022_1080x.jpg

Courtesy of @Grass Yes. This should prolly take it to the top of your list.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Preliminary report: this is a very nice orange vape!
IMG-2824.jpg

Let's see what it can do....

Biggest positive is its injector function which is of course outstanding, if you like a wooden chamber. I'll have to try it on better-suited glassware. So far I believe I will love this vape.

The Doug's Cosmo is awesome too.
How is the Cosmo bowl with an injector? Deep enough for an Atlas?

RedZep

Tempted by a Nova as a portable piece. I keep reading people say it's better with a 3 flame torch. Is this true? Seems like a huge weakness is it's 3 times as inefficient as it's competitors.

RedZep,

maremaresing

More heat = faster to extract and bigger vapor.

I preferred a single torch zippo for mine, turned up. sent the jet down the intake a bit and got fast extraction every time. Definitely recommend the nova. It holds a lot and is hard to combust in. You can really ride that high temp line.

Very well built, too.

maremaresing,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

Can someone confirm if the Nova can be closed, when using the augmented glass MP?

RedZep,

myxine

Any 4/20 sales for the Nova? I was about to grab a Junior but these caught my eye super hard. Just flash colored glass in my face I guess lol

myxine,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Any 4/20 sales for the Nova? I was about to grab a Junior but these caught my eye super hard. Just flash colored glass in my face I guess lol
For the past 3 years (I think) he had a discount code that was valid from 4/20 to the end of April. Although I think he usually puts it up by now. I suppose you could always ask directly to see what Doug is planning.

myxine

if not I'll still probably pick one up, though i'm a little concerned about the heating technique vs sticky brick. I'm used to shooting straight down the nozzle, but the "fanning" method he shows in the video seems more difficult to me. but people seem to say it's easier to pick up?

anyone tried one with a Neo by the way?

Gdash

if not I'll still probably pick one up, though i'm a little concerned about the heating technique vs sticky brick. I'm used to shooting straight down the nozzle, but the "fanning" method he shows in the video seems more difficult to me. but people seem to say it's easier to pick up?

anyone tried one with a Neo by the way?

Neo unfortunately does not work. You have to swivel the bottom to be able to put the Neo on the bowl and that causes a break in the airpath. Triple flame torch and fanning has yielded the best results for me. If you have used any brick style butane vape before it will probably be very easy to pick up the technique with minimal effort.

Last edited:

bestvaping

I am back here with a few new vaporizer including the wonderful NOVA from Doug's Woodery :peace:

I must say that I am a big lover of brick style vaporizer, I find that it offers better potential than electric portable vaporizers (that's just my opinion).

The NOVA is quite different from a sticky brick despite the strong similarities, It offers a herb chamber with a much larger diameter but a lesser depth, which changes a lot of things, a larger flame and required for good experience. I find that the bowl is more easily uniformly cooked like that. The small concave screen is surely for a few things.

I find that the central magnet is a good thing is it offers a really comfortable handling :clap:

Personally I compare it to a small pocket SBL OG, YES! it works like a charm:

ixg4.png

kxot.png

aaur.png

n0go.png

Everything is made by Doug's itself including glassware, Besides, the personalized augmented glass are really very successful, I love :love: I had my NOVA with 20% reduction, Doug's often makes discounts it's nice!

The dimensions are quite similar to a SBL Jr:

mm99.png

00kp.png

Turn, stir, tamp and vape, it's easy :lol:

In short .. I love the bricks! Brick lover, you need it without a doubt 🙃

v4ly.png

Last edited:

dapatcho

Does anyone own both the NOVA and a Sticky Brick Runt? I am eyeing one or the other as an "upgrade" from my Roffu

dapatcho,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Does anyone own both the NOVA and a Sticky Brick Runt? I am eyeing one or the other as an "upgrade" from my Roffu
Comparison in device threads is frowned on, but there are many threads comparing the different bricks:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Welcome to FC, yeah this should have been one post in ask FC, I just replied to you in the run thread though:
That would be a nice upgrade or more heavy hitting pure flavors largely at home probably I thought you could bring it out... Nova is more like the SB Junior, so better if you plan to bring it somewhere often? The runt is slightly larger so a bit more room, but it does not have the lid or sleek form factor... Either way you should get the U-turn vapor pathway for smooth hits and options for aftermarket glass (I really do not like the flared mouthpiece that comes stock with the runt so mine has a custom made one and I would prefer the plain tube mouthpiece of the Nova and Junior instead of the flared stock...) Nova seems to have some nice colored glass options and even cooling spikes available so that is nice and his would work can be quite beautiful with more unique exotic species... Can't really go wrong!

dapatcho

Welcome to FC, yeah this should have been one post in ask FC, I just replied to you in the run thread though:
Comparison in device threads is frowned on, but there are many threads comparing the different bricks:
Ah great thank you for this, I should've been a bit more thorough with my searching!

bestvaping

Mini sticky bubbler is just fantastic with the NOVA :tup:

Be careful, however, because depending on the type of wood and therefore the weight of the brick, the bubbler can cause it to tip over (as in this case with Maple in the correct position), in any case it works perfectly, but I wouldn't use it every day in this configuration, as the bubbler knocks the NOVA over, perhaps get a heavier NOVA than this for everyday use without risk with this configuration ;)

dapatcho

Starting to wrap my head around this thing. My seller gave me a J hook and a WPA adapter which was nice of them. I've noticed flame positioning is a little hard but I think I am getting there. My bowls are quite small as I am a bit of a lightweight. Would a more well packed bowl make it more consistent? I also notice my throat being scratchy after use the day of and the following day. Is this a thing with Brick style units? Or is it user error?

dapatcho,

coolbreeze

Starting to wrap my head around this thing. My seller gave me a J hook and a WPA adapter which was nice of them. I've noticed flame positioning is a little hard but I think I am getting there. My bowls are quite small as I am a bit of a lightweight. Would a more well packed bowl make it more consistent? I also notice my throat being scratchy after use the day of and the following day. Is this a thing with Brick style units? Or is it user error?
I don't have a Nova so I'm not sure how similar it is to my Cosmo, but the Cosmo is quite unlike the rest of my torch vapes in that you can only fan the flame across the intake from the side or you will combust, it is that stark. This was an issue initially but I read up a bit and the suggested fanning technique really helped.

Couple things may help: try to get handy with it before you try it through water. The added restriction and bubbling can play havoc with you as you try to learn the proper technique for your device. Once you're comfortable generally, adapting to the waterpipe will be easier.

As far as packing is concerned, too little herbs will not work at all, but all you should need is a layer that covers the screen, maybe one mm deep if that. Even out the top of it by tamping/twisting very lightly. If it's too much for you, you can always rejoin it in progress with no harm or cut it with cbd hemp.

As far as the scratchiness is concerned, it could be several things: new wooden vapes often require seasoning with reclaim oils after which harshness is seriously reduced; you may have a slight allergy or sensitivity to that wood; the dry heat of the vapor may be irritating; and because of the incredible efficiency of bricks, you may sometimes feel terp burn from the too-successful delivery of the richness of your particular flower. Water should help with most of these issues.

Top Bottom