Noob needs a little help with new mighty+

krismodo

Hey everyone I’m new here just got my first Storz-Bickel device, a mighty plus and I have literally no one to go to to ask specific questions. I was hoping you wonderful people with more experience could help me out. So first how many hits or how long should a packed dosing capsule last? I put a dab size piece of concentrate in every capsule also. I’m just not used to the dry herb taste yet so like 7-8 hits in it starts tasting a lot different from the beginning especially and I probably take 15 hits a capsule but when I pull the vaped bud out it is stuck in shape of the container and is very sticky still am I not hitting it for long enough? Do all the mighty stands crack the very first time you put the device in it? Is there anywhere to actually still buy the liquid pads? Is there anybody willing to possibly get rid of some they don’t need? How loose should I pack the dosing capsule also theirs a little bit of a pain in the butt but if it’s going to keep my device cleaner I’m going to doit which it seems It is keeping it cleaner. If anyone wants to change my mind on the dosing capsule please I’m open ears. Thanks in advance for any response.

krismodo,

Vaporware

I don’t have a Mighty so I can’t give specific advice on it, but flower does lose its flavor before it’s fully extracted unless you use something that can extract it very quickly. The Mighty is a slower session style vaporizer so ultimately you’ll have to decide whether to accept the flavor deteriorating over the session or stop using it when the flavor goes.

You can extend the amount of draws with good flavor by using lower temps though, and I’m sure there are other things that would help preserve it longer, but the terpines responsible for the smell/taste just vaporize easier/faster than some of the other compounds.

I’d at least experiment with no capsules and see if you get better extraction and maybe even better flavor, but that’s not the Mighty’s strong point anyway…

The reason your flower is so sticky when you remove it from the capsule is probably that you’re putting in more concentrate than you can extract before the flower’s taste goes. Try smaller amounts, and try with just flower to see the difference. You can always run it again if you didn’t get enough in the first bowl! :science:

Top Bottom