• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Next Purchase MiniVAP or Tafée® Bowle

condition

Hello, after some research I am between MiniVAP and Tafée® Bowle as my next purchase. Now I am in possession of Volcano digit (not using it at all), Crafty+, firefly 2, Omnivap (awaiting for simrell addon) and tinymight. Some more info, the Tafée® Bowle available is 250ml and for Minivap I would go for portable.
About me and my personal preferences, my last two purchases were the Omnivap and the Tinymight and from these two I prefer the Omnivap.
If you can help, I would be obliged...

west-elec

Interesting you prefer the omnivap over the TM, yet you are looking at other convection portables. Is it just to add to the collection or there something specific?
I don't have a minivap but the Bowle, since it is the newest technology, is probably the smart move. Battery life being a major point of difference, so your usage pattern might mean a minivap makes more sense.
If you are just looking to expand and you like the dynavap, might I suggest the Firewood 7. Many have described it as an electric vapcap because of the more robust flavour from the hybrid heater that is conduction first, convection second.

condition

Thanks a lot west-elec. I am more looking to expand as you said and the Firewood 7 looks great. However since I live in EU, the both vapes that I mentioned can be obtained very quickly from nearby countries without customs lengthy procedures. Actually Bowle just arrived in a German shop that ships fast with DHL and have added it to shopping basket, but I am hesitant... Also Firewood 7 looks sold out even in US from a quick search

As for tinymight vs OmniVap, I got them both end of this January, and I was so impressed that a conduction vape like omni can produce such clouds with so small dose and also better taste than firefly for example. Tinymight on the other hand has learning curve and lot of cough. I understand that tinymight is highly appreciated in this community, but I have thought that it could be the herbs? We got lot of haze around here, like strawberry or supersilver, does it make any sense that these herbs are better with omni or kind of strong for the huge hits of tinymight?

MinnBobber

I am a big miniVAP fan, own several of them, and have had a Bowle for 2 months.
Both are top tier vapes, miniVAP has held the #1 spot on my vape station for 10 years.... held off challenger after challenger over the years.

The Bowle is really impressive, so quick and easy and flavorful... the closest of any vape IMO to a water bubbler experience.

?? Can you live with Bowle’s 4 pots per battery charge vs MV huge battery life?
Can you live with MV’s much longer warmup time?

Can you list your needs/ wants in a vape??
Heat up time, flavor, efficiency, big hits, group use, cool vapor, etc.

IMO, the MV still has the best quality vapor as it exits basket but it has little conditioning after that....the Bowle also has excellent vapor at the basket but that stem is genius, with big volume and internal cooling fins to really condition the vapor.

Oh, not to forget the MV genius level Flexicone basket modules.... best in the world of vapes!
The Bowle pots work well, easy to load, but no sealed top like Flexicone.

Happy to answer ??
You can’t go wrong with either and the best answer is—— get both. 😉

Last edited:

condition

?? Can you live with Bowle’s 4 pots per battery charge vs MV huge battery life?
Can you live with MV’s much longer warmup time?

Can you list your needs/ wants in a vape??
Heat up time, flavor, efficiency, big hits, group use, cool vapor, etc.
Hey man thanks for so detailed reply. Regarding 1st paragraph quoted above I can leave with both. As I listed my vapes above it will be a matter of luck. I definitely don't want to use water bowls or extensions and looking for smooth cool vapor and not the big hit. I think I go for the bowle as I am looking for flavor and smooth vape. Group usage is rare now due to pandemic I am using the crafty sometimes and changing the mouthpiece between shares.

One separate requirement will be stealth, meaning get a small vape with vapor that doesn't smell but also effective. From a search that I have done in the past the firefly is the most stealth in terms of non smelling vapor. And I already own a Firefly and I understand that both the bowle and the MiniVap do not fall in this category, so in case there is a better portable stealth alternative than FF2, I will take it otherwise I will order bowle before it's too late at least from a shop that delivers fast without hassle.

condition,

condition

Ok, I will order today. So this shop, verdampftnochmal, doesn't have atm titanium regular captive cap and I am awaiting delivery of simrell vortex (naked) and I am planning to order titanium tip and steel cap to attach to the new vortex (while keeping omni untouched). Is this combo, titanium tip with steel cap on the vortex ok?

condition,

condition

sunyata you are right so to recapitulate, I await the Simrell Vortex without tip/cap. I will order the Titanium Tip for the Ti Woody S by DynaVap, as a tip for the Vortex, and out of the following caps, only the 1st and the 4th are available. I will get the standard and use it together with the titanium tip on the Vortex. Please advise soon if there is a mistake, before I order, thanks.
  • Standard Cap: The classic original cap of the VapCap. If you are unsure which one to take, we recommend this one.
  • Low Temp Cap: This cap clicks at a lower temperature than the standard cap. It provides a better taste but also less thick clouds. We recommend the cap for titanium tips and induction heaters like the Apollo or Orion.
  • Captive Cap: The new design helps to keep the cap in place while allowing for a more even distribution of airflow and improved tactile indication of both heating and cooling clicks.
  • Low Temp Captive Cap: The new cap is also available as Low Temp version.

condition,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I agree vapcaps are more efficient but I have an omni, omni xl, and simrell xl and prefer the convection vapor quality and flavor of the Tinymight.

I make this recommendation pretty often so apologies for repeating myself but I always use my Tinymight at home with one of two custom j-hooks. They offer a lot of cooling and also provide better flavor because it gets the stainless steel cooling unit out of the vapor path
PXL_20210225_205115763~2.jpg

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Bossman do you own a bowle? Also where you got these custom hooks?
I don't own a Bowle and despite the excellent reviews have no interest in a $300usd acrylic cup vape with an aluminum mouthpiece and poor battery life. It seems super gimmicky to me and a missed opportunity to put the same kind of performance in a design that makes sense. Maybe if I was a liquor or cocktail drinker I'd feel differently but even then I dislike drinking out of plastic and seldom use cups that small for anything.

If the Bowle indeed has excellent vapor quality, which I'm sure it does, I'd like to see that heater technology in something with more battery life, a better vapor path, a better body design, and more flexible controls for temp stepping.

It's 2021 and I'm gonna have trouble buying into the concept of four temp presets and some blinking lights for feedback. One thing the Tinymight taught me is that a tiny dial and uninspired button is all you need to have precision temp control and truly portable on demand convection with swappable 18650 cells.

The stems are custom from OregonGlassBlower.com. I tend to use the Sherlock one with my Zs so the bend keeps the vape at a comfortable height and the corncob is most often paired with the Tinymight

cliffhanger1

I don't own a Bowle and despite the excellent reviews have no interest in a $300usd acrylic cup vape with an aluminum mouthpiece and poor battery life. It seems super gimmicky to me and a missed opportunity to put the same kind of performance in a design that makes sense. Maybe if I was a liquor or cocktail drinker I'd feel differently but even then I dislike drinking out of plastic and seldom use cups that small for anything.

If the Bowle indeed has excellent vapor quality, which I'm sure it does, I'd like to see that heater technology in something with more battery life, a better vapor path, a better body design, and more flexible controls for temp stepping.

It's 2021 and I'm gonna have trouble buying into the concept of four temp presets and some blinking lights for feedback. One thing the Tinymight taught me is that a tiny dial and uninspired button is all you need to have precision temp control and truly portable on demand convection with swappable 18650 cells.

The stems are custom from OregonGlassBlower.com. I tend to use the Sherlock one with my Zs so the bend keeps the vape at a comfortable height and the corncob is most often paired with the Tinymight
i had the same thoughts, i don't like aluminum, battery life and so on. and then the high price. I'm interested in the cup 0. I don't want to drink, i want only to vape. lol
and yet I ordered it out of curiosity :( no matter

blackstone

Of the two I would go for a Minivap as it is very well constructed using an aluminum heat exchanger, not a wire coil as an instant heater like the other one.
In my estimation it's like they asked that Minivap guy for a similar vapor but cheaper to make (in China) or faster to switch on and use.
Did I hear those bowle are being shipped straight from China now?
Also there are DOAs and other issues coming from the maker of the new one, and replacements being sent out so less chance of problems and delays dealing with the maker with Minivap right now if you are EU based.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
i had the same thoughts, i don't like aluminum, battery life and so on. and then the high price. I'm interested in the cup 0. I don't want to drink, i want only to vape. lol
and yet I ordered it out of curiosity :( no matter
With all the hype I'm sure you can treat it as a free trial and sell it for the price you paid on the off chance it doesn't win you over

justcametomind

Did you already buy a Bowle?
Best thing you could do imho is start using your Volcano and TM again.
minivap is fine but why you want that?
What is wrong with your TM and Volcano?
I have tried all the vapes you are talking about.
GIF by Miron

condition

Yes I already ordered a bowle, so will see. I already upgraded my tinymight with a small bong but I am still looking for an anhydrous j-hook. I cannot used it as my main vape with just the normal stem with bolts and nuts as cooling element, as vapor is too hot for me and for my respiratory. haven't used volcano for ages. I prefer portables.

Sn4Pz

I am still looking for an anhydrous j-hook.
I too would like to get one of these for my incoming minivap.

Are you planning on using the WPA as its attachment? Or do you have some fancy slide that can be used through the stock lid?

Sn4Pz,

cliffhanger1

Yes I already ordered a bowle, so will see. I already upgraded my tinymight with a small bong but I am still looking for an anhydrous j-hook. I cannot used it as my main vape with just the normal stem with bolts and nuts as cooling element, as vapor is too hot for me and for my respiratory. haven't used volcano for ages. I prefer portables.
when you have a problem with too hot vapor, and thats with the TM which is very cool, then i think you will loive the Bowle. I never had a portable vapo which is so cold
When do you ordered it ? i bought my this week too

cliffhanger1,

condition

when you have a problem with too hot vapor, and thats with the TM which is very cool, then i think you will loive the Bowle. I never had a portable vapo which is so cold
When do you ordered it ? i bought my this week too
Wednesday from Germany and it takes a week.
I too would like to get one of these for my incoming minivap.

Are you planning on using the WPA as its attachment? Or do you have some fancy slide that can be used through the stock lid?
I finally decided to order the bowle and not the MV. I followed the hype of these days so I can't help with the WPA

androponic

vaped.
They actually have a 14 day trial period on their website currently. My experiences with the Bowle haven't been as stellar as others, but it's pretty cool of them to offer that.
the 14 day return policy is for unopened product. you cannot return a used vape.

“For any purchase made directly through Tafée®.com, we offer a 14-day money back guarantee (“Return Policy”) and issue a refund only if the item is unused and unopened”

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
the 14 day return policy is for unopened product. you cannot return a used vape.

“For any purchase made directly through Tafée®.com, we offer a 14-day money back guarantee (“Return Policy”) and issue a refund only if the item is unused and unopened”

Wow, boy was I wrong!
The “Tafee Guarantee” on the home page makes it sound like a 14 day trial....

So the guarantee only covers those who are unhappy with it, before even trying it. Hmm.

2-A678-A8-F-3036-4784-B25-B-23-B99-B435-A82.jpg

condition

Hey guys so I received the tafee and I am very pleased with the cool vapor. Meanwhile I started using more and more the tinymight, with the long stem on demand. During 2021 I invested in Tinymight, vapcap and tafee and couldn't be more happy. Before I was depending on firefly and crafty but I was burning some joints. Now however with the 3 new vapes in my arsenal I am rarely smoking and still understanding the learning curve. I take out with me still the crafty, as more stealth than the others and more convenient loading with capsules.

Top Bottom