Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

tb42091

@VelocityREST

I had the same issue with my DHgate coils and my SH - I bought a new vapecode coil off amazon (unfortunately the listing is down now) that matched the pinout of my Chinese controller. With the showerhead it's definitely not necessary to have a new vape coil but it seems some of the lower quality Chinese coils Outer Diameter isnt super consistent.

Do you by chance know your coil pinout?

VelocityREST

You didn’t go all the way and get all the known compatible parts. I can’t speak for how NV “conveys”, the compatibility, and I understand you wanted to save some money by using some of the components you already have, but it seems the only resolution is to get parts that will work, perhaps you only need the right coil, and can wire the connections to match your current PID.
I just to comment on underlined text; I find it to be unfair to be said when it says on the showerhead page and I quote: "Works with Any 20mm Enail". Why should my next thought be: "hey, I need to go out and see which coil is compatible" after reading the previous sentence?

perhaps you only need the right coil, and can wire the connections to match your current PID.
The coil is pretty much is stuck in the head, and I don't see it coming out without damaging the coil.

@tb42091
I'm sorry I didn't see your reply at first. Well that sucks for sure to know now. The problem is the coil is stuck now in the head :S I should've been more patient I guess at end of the day and contacted them before I took it to the hammer. I can't fault them for my mistake.

tb42091

No worries! Yeah, instead of force it all the way, I originally used it sans coil cover with a little bit higher temps until I got one that fit. Before that though I really tried to force it in like you and got it halfway in before realizing it just wasn't gonna work. Definitely bent the coil pretty bad in the process, and it was frustrating but look around for some other coils. I bought 4 of the chinese ones stocking up before I realized this fit issue too, and then had to buy a few more that actually worked :lol:

Edit: I also noticed the ones that fit had more of a silver coil and the chinese were more black, also the ones that fit had more of a square shaped rod that is bent into the coil shape which makes it feel smoother along the outside where the Chinese ones were more oval. And bumpy

I just to comment on underlined text; I find it to be unfair to be said when it says on the showerhead page and I quote: "Works with Any 20mm Enail". Why should my next thought be: "hey, I need to go out and see which coil is compatible" after reading the previous sentence?

The coil is pretty much is stuck in the head, and I don't see it coming out without damaging the coil.

@tb42091
I'm sorry I didn't see your reply at first. Well that sucks for sure to know now. The problem is the coil is stuck now in the head :S I should've been more patient I guess at end of the day and contacted them before I took it to the hammer. I can't fault them for my mistake.

Last edited:
tb42091,
Reactions: PandaLee

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Im sorry for the mix up. Please hit me at support@newvape.com. I'll sort you out!

Hearing about a showerhead NOT being compatible with a 20mm coil is a first for me.

I wish you would've reached out to chat about it. Perhaps it would've been best to have it returned.

If you guys don't know, I'm available for a phone call most days (unless I'm picking orders helping Lori out like now), if not I'll always return your calls.

So I got my order today. I got the showerhead because it was coil independant, when I tried to install it, the coil didn't fit inside the coil cover. It was a little bit small and kind of ... diagonal? (English is not my shaprest skill in the shed). Imgur doesn't work here, so please check this photo (link to imgur).

Just to be 100% clear, I'm not saying it's a faulty unit, but it's the coil, it's a cheap box & coil of dhgate that I didn't use it, and had no idea how stupid it is.

Long story short I really ran out of patience and hammered the coil inside the coil cover, then when I tried to install the showerhead, again same thing, it didn't fit, so with the same hammer banged it inside the coil with multiple hits. Now come the time to install the nut it stopped after a half turn, the first thread on the showerhead is damaged from the multi hits the showerhead took. Straightened it with a screwdriver. Now everything is installed and ready.

At 740F with carb cap and this thing is producing milk, I hit 3 * 0.15 bowls so far and so far so good. I'm more than happy with my purchase. I should have ordered a box and a coil from them but didn't want to wait, on the flip side I took a big gamble and if the coil or mod stops working, I will need to purchase another head because I don't believe I can take the coil out (at least without damaging the head).

Finally a mistake happened and the pax loading tool and the screens didn't come with the order. I added these later and canceled the other loading tool & the brass screens. I didn't get the cancelled items either. No complains and I can see how this did happen, on the receipt the cancelled items where marked but the replaced items didn't make it to the receipt. I won't bug Chris now as they are busy as hell to fulfill 420 orders, and I want to add couple small things to the package.

A block of text but I just wanted to share my experience :)

Last edited:

Manity

I know one thing, I wouldn't be using a hammer to get my cheap dhgate coil inside a very expensively made in USA machined titanium head that cost how much more than the cheap coil... But hey that's just me and my VAS with OCD mixed in lol

I'm still waiting for my VROD head shipped to Canada on the 23rd and tracking stopped working on the 29th...I'll wait a couple more weeks but this wait sucks lol

PandaLee

I'm still waiting for my VROD head shipped to Canada on the 23rd and tracking stopped working on the 29th...I'll wait a couple more weeks but this wait sucks lol

Damn that does suck! Seems to be a big delay at the border. I bought a carb cap from a shop in Calgary and it took almost two weeks to get to Vegas. Few days at the border, and then 2-3 days in San Fran before reaching me

PandaLee,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
That New Vape ingenuity I’ve heard about hit me today. I was exploring glass bowls and microdose options. I picked through an old box of combustion glass pieces and came up with this.
4-CD6778-B-89-A8-440-E-BBD2-0-F8-B4-D361956.jpg

71-B793-A9-1938-4-F8-F-A704-E36-E4352-F978.jpg

It’s a lucky one off for sure but it works. It’s glass and loves about a .03g load at 625. Just what I was hoping for.

So that got me thinking. I need an 18mm option to compliment my 14mm creation. I picked another victim from the old combustion box and headed to my shop. After a bit of belt sanding I came up with this.
6-C1-CFB23-7121-4973-AD40-7-FB2-FABE8498.jpg

This gave me the same results. Both have downsides. Mainly being the screening options. I do find these to hit smoother than the New Vape ShovelHead bowl. I’m curious if y’all think it’s the glass or maybe the increased air restriction?

I love being creative but in all seriousness I’ve got a big list of accessories to order from New Vape and I’m just messing around while waiting for the glass bowls and the AVB Can to become available again. :)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That New Vape ingenuity I’ve heard about hit me today. I was exploring glass bowls and microdose options. I picked through an old box of combustion glass pieces and came up with this.
4-CD6778-B-89-A8-440-E-BBD2-0-F8-B4-D361956.jpg

71-B793-A9-1938-4-F8-F-A704-E36-E4352-F978.jpg

It’s a lucky one off for sure but it works. It’s glass and loves about a .03g load at 625. Just what I was hoping for.

So that got me thinking. I need an 18mm option to compliment my 14mm creation. I picked another victim from the old combustion box and headed to my shop. After a bit of belt sanding I came up with this.
6-C1-CFB23-7121-4973-AD40-7-FB2-FABE8498.jpg

This gave me the same results. Both have downsides. Mainly being the screening options. I do find these to hit smoother than the New Vape ShovelHead bowl. I’m curious if y’all think it’s the glass or maybe the increased air restriction?

I love being creative but in all seriousness I’ve got a big list of accessories to order from New Vape and I’m just messing around while waiting for the glass bowls and the AVB Can to become available again. :)

Nice work! I recently bought the 14mm glass bowl, I like it, another option. But at least with my WeedEater head, it’s not as snug a fit as with the stick Titanium bowl. Glass pieces probably vary a bit. Since my hand is on the heater just for the hit, not a big deal, just thought I’d mention it.

Potatovape

Anyone use two screens at once? I remember i heard of double weave screens one time but couldn’t find them so I’m trying two screens at once. Seems to fit fine

Potatovape,

PandaLee

Anyone use two screens at once? I remember i heard of double weave screens one time but couldn’t find them so I’m trying two screens at once. Seems to fit fine

What done happened to the double weave titanium screens? Phased out? It's always been one of the 'must get items' I tell people about when ordering a flowerpot setup. And then when the last person couldn't find it, I looked and also noticed them gone.

PandaLee,

Tuck

IIRC, they found a new supplier for screens with a similar weave and they can be found if you search for titantium screens. I think its $5 for a 3 pack which is better than $6 for 1 for the old screens.

jr1xt1

My Vrod essentials bundle showed up yesterday. I ordered it during their 420 sale. I’m super excited to be a part of the New Vape family. I have been using it set at 660. I get a smooth big first hit. Really nice vapor! The herbs still look on the green side but don’t produce much more vapor at the set temp. If I use the carb cap I can pull the rest out of the herbs at that temp no problem. I like this method and it seems easy on my throat and lungs. I’m excited to figure out what temp will get me to full extraction without the carb cap. I love the wide open draw without the cap. I don’t do concentrates much and have yet to play with the dabbing aspect.

I’m really loving the Vrod and all its components it came with. They all feel like quality items except for one small piece. It’s been mentioned here before. My carb cap handle was pretty ruff. So ruff that I decided I couldn’t live with it. I wish I’d taken a picture of before. It was bad. My fix was to first sand it smooth. I put the pick end into my drill and turned it like a lathe using 220 and 600 grit then finishing with 0000 steel wool. I didn’t like the white color so I tried using coffee to stain it but it wasn’t dark enough for me so I put it back in the drill and torched it while turning it. I then finished it off with some Ed’s TNT bomb ass butter. It now looks very similar in appearance to some of my blackwood pieces.
E89-B4-E27-4539-4886-979-A-350-FA7-A2082-C.jpg

Hopfully @NewVape710 will get restocked soon! I’ve got a big list of goodies I NEED now. By the looks of it they got hit hard on 420.

I got my package and was also shocked at the roughness of the handle! Blown away by the function of the cap though

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I used an 18mm basket screen upside down with a New Vape screen sitting on top to decrease the depth of the ShovelHead and get the herbs closer to the Flowerpot. A slow draw allows me to get full extraction in a couple draws at 600 degrees using only .03g or less of the herbs. More herbs works great too. It’s easy on the respiratory and flavor is good. To anyone who has done this before, please pardon my ignorance. Happy Saturday y’all.

5535-E8-F0-98-F9-42-B3-9-E5-C-72-E30894164-E.jpg

658-B86-D3-B49-E-4-CF1-8236-B29-A2-F897088.jpg

Potatovape

Is it normal for the vrod head to wiggle? It seems to work fine, but the head jiggles a bit in a loose connection while the head is screwed on tight. Thought I’d ask here before contacting support in case it’s totally normal.

Potatovape,

Gigsabits53

Is it normal for the vrod head to wiggle? It seems to work fine, but the head jiggles a bit in a loose connection while the head is screwed on tight. Thought I’d ask here before contacting support in case it’s totally normal.
I had the same issue when I got my VROD. I believe there is a short instructional video on the NV site that shows how you can bend the coil a bit and make it a more snug fit. I did like the video shows with mine and it's been solid ever since.

506vapor

First time poster here. I picked up a Vrod and a glass bowl for 420. I'm thrilled with how it performs. I neglected to get a carb cap, so I haven't even used it for concentrates, but the flower performance is amazing. I'm still experimenting, but I seem to prefer a dry 18mm piece and temps in the low 600's on the Auber. Really looking forward to using this, and thank you all for the great information!

Gigsabits53

First time poster here. I picked up a Vrod and a glass bowl for 420. I'm thrilled with how it performs. I neglected to get a carb cap, so I haven't even used it for concentrates, but the flower performance is amazing. I'm still experimenting, but I seem to prefer a dry 18mm piece and temps in the low 600's on the Auber. Really looking forward to using this, and thank you all for the great information!
Welcome aboard @506vapor ! It is a fantastic vaporizer!
I will say you should add the carb cap, even if its only for flower. I cap my flower hits 80% of the time.

506vapor

Welcome aboard @506vapor ! It is a fantastic vaporizer!
I will say you should add the carb cap, even if its only for flower. I cap my flower hits 80% of the time.
Definitely want a carb cap. I'm gonna order the Universal when they (NV) gets some more screens in stock. Trying to track down a cap to use in the meantime, but everybody's got those bubble-type caps. I just had my first glass breakage. 18fto14m adapter fell off my bowl and smashed. I think I'm gonna get the shovelhead as well, when I order.

cvs8floz

I recently joined this forum and have been using Flowerpot vapes for about 2 years, i am a bit overwhelmed by the size of this thread (664 pages and counting) and I am sure nothing I am saying hasn't been said before. I have 2 complete setups, one with the Showerhead, a DHGate controller and coil, the other with a WeedEater, Auber controller and NV coil. i only vape dry herb, grow my own in abundance, have never done a dab in my life. There are a few aspects I feel very strongly about:
1) The bowl: I started off with the Ti metal bowl, then tried the glass bowl and found the difference in flavor night and day, the metal one is permanently retired. i prefer to consume my herb at the peak of its flavor, between 1 and 3 months post harvest, and the glass bowl is the clear winner. I also found an alternative on DH Gate some time ago, the bowl is deeper, holds more material and there is more of a gap between the coil and the top of the herb, and I find it delivers fuller hits with more body.
20200510_160039.jpg

2) Carb caps: I always use them, and there wasn't one for the WeedEater when I first bought it. I looked everywhere for an alternative but found nothing, the sizing of NV products is different from everything else out there as far as I know. I was stoked when I saw that NV had released a carb cap for both the D-Cup and WeedEater, ordered it immediately and started using the WeedEater again. This carb cap is a total ripoff @ $60, why did they use unfinished wood for the handle that will give you splinters and still gets uncomfortably hot, I also always have to tighten the bottom part so it doesn't fall off. But you really have no choice if you prefer milky low temperature hits that don't tax you lung capacity.
3)Difference in performance between Showerhead and WeedEater: zero after they are both dialed in to your preference. Also, this vaporizer is such a beast that it can blast through fresh herb that is not 100% dried and cured better than most others out there. The DH Gate bowl holds about 3 scoops, I normally take 2 hits, stir, and get another 2-3 hits. I never take the material very dark, stop and reload as soon as flavor starts to tail off. Will consume 1-2 grams on a typical night.

androponic

vaped.
@cvs8floz, can you post a link to the dhg bowl? Also, can't see your pic as imgur doesn't work properly on FC. Try:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pics-using-postimage-org.34584
heres some links from a post a few pages back from @tb42091

I bought the glass bowls from DHgates "popular glass" seller that is out of stock. I found another shop with them though, 2 different depths even, "plusplusglass" is the seller. Not as cheap as popular glass but good reviews.
https://m.dhgate.com/product/pluspl...w-vaporizer/414482644.html?invitorid=buMfei7e
14mm- https://m.dhgate.com/product/pluspl...ort-version/416804386.html?invitorid=buMfei7e
18mm- https://m.dhgate.com/product/pluspl...ort-version/416885816.html?invitorid=buMfei7e

506vapor

This carb cap is a total ripoff @ $60, why did they use unfinished wood for the handle that will give you splinters and still gets uncomfortably hot, I also always have to tighten the bottom part so it doesn't fall off.
Any advice on an alternative carb cap that'll work on the VROD?

506vapor,

cvs8floz

@cvs8floz, can you post a link to the dhg bowl? Also, can't see your pic as imgur doesn't work properly on FC. Try:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pics-using-postimage-org.34584
20200510-160039.jpg

I aligned them so the tops of the glass screens align, the one from DHGate has twice the height above, hence more volume and space above the herb to improve the draw. i remember buying 4-5 varieties of this bowl from different DHGate vendors and this is the only one that fits the WeedEater. I made these purchases over a year ago, can't believe how much prices for all glass have increased, no more cheap glass from China and no more free shipping, ouch. I bought the NV bowl for $20, they are now $30 and sold out.

Top Bottom