Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Dingleb3rry

It does seem like a lot, right? I’m going to pay a little more attention to it over the next few days. Room is a cool 75 at all times, definitely nothing out of the ordinary. I’ll try out your “wait before the pull” method and give it a go. I saw you’re also looking at a concentrate setup, I am too ;)

Also re the grinder, it’s amazing but def a love/hate thing.

The grinder itself and it’s performance are both amazing. But it does grind super fine powder as mentioned which makes the grinder very messy and the material pretty messy too. The flavor and vapor you can’t even argue with, both wildly better than my phonencian.

however as I mentioned it’s so fine it’s very hard to work with a very messy. My rig gets cleaned multiple times a day instead of every day (kinda okay with that lol) and the tiny tiny particles go everywhere. Grinding, loading, scooping, blowback, all scattering tiny dusty particles. I have a glossy wood desk and it’s just.... covereddddd in weed dust and it’s a real pain, I can’t figure out how to keep it clean.

Def one of the things getting me more interested in concentrates, along with the crazy flavor and super smooth vapor.

Rastakolnikov

few quick concentrate questions: terp pearls... worth getting? I prob need to get into the t-bucket thread but is there any huge difference between a tbucket and vrod dish? I get that the vrod brings the vapor through the bowl assembly which is “dirty” and inefficient... but other than that, I’m kind of thinking that getting a second setup just for concentrates might be unnecessary? Gimmie your thoughts. Black Friday is approaching.

There is quite a noticeable difference, especially if you use the sapphire dish. But even with the sic dish i think the tbucket gives thicker tastier hits at lower temps. I have no regrets about the purchase.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Y’all gonna love this. NV just posted on Instagram they are doing a limited run of their AVB Can. They’re so nice I might grab a second one.

I certainly love it even if it is another punch in the old wallet! I planned to get one this summer when I came into more money only to have them vanish, glad it looks like my dreams could still come true! Maybe one of the folks from New Vape can enlighten me if they are going to be posted on the site to get on the list like the dual pid stand or if I should shoot a message about getting on the list?

710yota

@710yota From the looks of it they have a few. Thank goodness.

It does look like they have enough, I'm not worried about missing out as long as I stay somewhat on top of things. I saw Chris from New Vape post on Reddit that they won't have a list, they will just be posting them on the site after completion it looks like.

Rab42

7k2p8HV.jpg

space station vrod has me blasting off nightly.

tb42091

I don't think soaking the dish in iso is a problem, but I always use water instead of iso with my dish so I have no experience with that. Just remember to be careful wet swabbing if you have pearls in the dish that can thermal shock, I fucked up a couple sapphires that way :lol: I don't think quartz has that problem...not sure about sic though.

Thx man,

I'll definitely will keep swabbing it out. I ordered one of those Glass holders for swabs and iso too. Just a quick question though.. Is it bad to let the dish sit in ISO for very long? I was meaning to ask this a while back but forgot.
Sorry for the delay, I guess I missed this originally

Alexis

It does seem like a lot, right? I’m going to pay a little more attention to it over the next few days. Room is a cool 75 at all times, definitely nothing out of the ordinary. I’ll try out your “wait before the pull” method and give it a go. I saw you’re also looking at a concentrate setup, I am too ;)

Also re the grinder, it’s amazing but def a love/hate thing.

The grinder itself and it’s performance are both amazing. But it does grind super fine powder as mentioned which makes the grinder very messy and the material pretty messy too. The flavor and vapor you can’t even argue with, both wildly better than my phonencian.

however as I mentioned it’s so fine it’s very hard to work with a very messy. My rig gets cleaned multiple times a day instead of every day (kinda okay with that lol) and the tiny tiny particles go everywhere. Grinding, loading, scooping, blowback, all scattering tiny dusty particles. I have a glossy wood desk and it’s just.... covereddddd in weed dust and it’s a real pain, I can’t figure out how to keep it clean.

Def one of the things getting me more interested in concentrates, along with the crazy flavor and super smooth vapor.
It does produce a less finely ground herb when not compleyely full.

For the Newvape grinders to really work optimally at producing a uniform, even fine grind, the grinder ideally needs to be filled.

Which is in the basic product desciption and recommended way of using, and was conceived and designed that way.

Not for say, 0.3 at a time. But the point I'm making is simply using less herb in the grinder, allowing more space and gaps between the teeth, it's possible to reach a level of compromise.

But yes, it's a messy procedure lol however you go about it. A nice sizeable emptying surface would help, I also recommend having a little brush at hand.

thevapist

7k2p8HV.jpg

space station vrod has me blasting off nightly.

What's the controller you're using? I've been using the NV PID for a few years and want to upgrade. I saw the max vape controller that has an app, but that doesn't look like it.

thevapist,
Reactions: arb

710yota

What's the controller you're using? I've been using the NV PID for a few years and want to upgrade. I saw the max vape controller that has an app, but that doesn't look like it.

To answer for him, it's an AugustHaus KubeOne. It looks like they aren't offering it anymore in favor of their DualZone controller.

Last edited:

Rab42

arb

Semi shaved ape
@arb if it is the one at this link then yes it would work

Thanks for that!

arb,

someTooL

Spun a couple of the GC sapphire balls last night in the V-Rod at 595 (not sure of dish temp but not for long). I tried some cured live resin (white creamy tasty zkittles. Yum) with and without the spheres. I think I like them? Got ripped and really forgot about anything scientific.

Socks And Sandals

I don't think soaking the dish in iso is a problem, but I always use water instead of iso with my dish so I have no experience with that. Just remember to be careful wet swabbing if you have pearls in the dish that can thermal shock, I fucked up a couple sapphires that way :lol: I don't think quartz has that problem...not sure about sic though.

Sorry for the delay, I guess I missed this originally
No worries at all, With everything I got going on and our upcoming move out of California, I can barely find the time to come here every week! No worries at all!

When you say thermal shock, I'm assuming you mean any liquid.. water or iso is going to sizzle a little bit. For what it's worth, I plan on getting the 5mm terp balls as soon as they come back in stock!

In the end, are you seeing some benefit of immediately swabbing out the dish with water after the dab? I guess I've just been dabbing it out dry probably because I'm just so used to it and never even thought of trying ISO or distilled water. As I said before, it's become so customary to swab out my old banger after every dab and do the exact same with the dish so that's a good thing! :)

Socks And Sandals,

Socks And Sandals

I don't notice any difference between dry vs wet swab with distilled water. Besides the steam that burns my fingers.
Thanks for the heads up! I was more concerned about splatter actually. The moment the liquid from the swab hits the dish I'd imagine there to be at least a little. Or as what tb42091 said.. screwing up my terp balls! LOL that didn't sound right did it?:D

Socks And Sandals,
Top Bottom