New vaporizer for beginner

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

So I'm going to buy today, but I can't choose between the Xmax V3 pro and Arizer Solo 2, the Roffu is a bit off my budget, maybe I'll try it as a second Vaporizer.
What do you guys think ?
Roffu lite would be my pick probably out of the ones you're considering, but if that's a bit out of reach rn v3p is nice as well. Solo 2 is probably better for sessions in that conduction type sense, which is not that great in efficiency and flavor retention and quite boring if you wanna use it with water. V3p with glass mp or wpa is on par or ahead of solo2 on all fronts.

Or go with butane option like condition and others suggest

dude_de

The huge difference between a conduction oriented device like the Arizer portables and convection devices with mostly open airflow is the way most people would use them: Convection (Arizer, Pax, IQ) generally works like a cigarette or joint: You pull a little smoke/vapor into your mouth and then inhale from there. Convection devices are generally used by inhaling directly to your lungs. Something like a Solo would provide a 10-15 Minute sipping session while a convection vape can turn its load into a few huge clouds in almost no time.

dude_de,
  • Wow
Reactions: hoptimum

ElMetrico

A dynavap would be a great starting point for a first vape. It would have saved me a lot of money 😂

ElMetrico,

Vaporware

The options mentioned in this thread are all decent places to start, but don’t be too disappointed and give up on vaporizers if they don’t live up to your expectations.

Also, unless you want to start a big collection or try a different style cheap (convection vs conduction heaters for example), once you have one of these to try I would just save for a real step up like a TinyMight, a good desktop, etc. instead of buying a bunch of entry-level to mid-range stuff. It could save you a lot of money in the long run and should be more enjoyable every time you use it.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
once you have one of these to try I would just save for a real step up like a TinyMight
Not to everone's taste, I have a couple Roffu customers that sold their TM's and TM owners that don't like the Roffu much.
I will just say you do not have to sell a kidney to get a good vape experience these days.:2c:

Vaporware

Not to everone's taste, I have a couple Roffu customers that sold their TM's and TM owners that don't like the Roffu much.
I will just say you do not have to sell a kidney to get a good vape experience these days.:2c:

That’s good, glad the Roffu is more of a step up than I would have thought. Maybe I’ve got it in the wrong category in my head as a good but not excellent mid-range product?

I was a bit excited about the Angus too, but after hearing about plasticy flavor from some users I decided to reserve judgement on it…I guess there just aren’t that many battery powered portables that I trust the build of.

I don’t know if you care as much about materials or flavor as I do, but I’m sure you’ve read the whole Roffu thread; are there any issues with materials in the air/vapor path or the kinds of unwanted flavors that often show up in cheaper devices? A quick look says it’s mostly ceramic which should be good, but I don’t know every component.

I guess my main point was that I get wanting to buy something cheap to try first (although I don’t think it’s necessarily the best choice if you can afford more and can figure out what you want), but it doesn’t make sense to me keep buying a bunch of $100-200 vaporizers that underperform and have lower build quality/life span when you could spend $300-400 once and have consistently great experiences for years longer.

If the Roffu is that good then I’d better learn more about it. :)

I’ve just seen too many people frustrated after buying a long string of cheap plastic garbage so I felt like it was worth helping the OP avoid that fate. Sorry I lumped the Roffu in with less great stuff if it doesn’t belong there!

You’re right about one thing for sure though, the TM isn’t perfect for everyone. I just didn’t want to struggle to make a long list of “if you like x get y”, etc. so I only mentioned a couple of options that I trust right now and most people like. :)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
are there any issues with materials in the air/vapor path or the kinds of unwanted flavors
The only problem is if you are sensitive to Kenthal, this is what the Roffu uses for the fast heat-up, quite a few vapes use this as some people do not like stainless steel due to chromium etc.
I use the Roffu with just glass in the vapor path and a metal filter in the form of the end of a capsule (stainless steel) or a Ti mesh screen to hold the herb in place and not in my mouth.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Vaporware

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Does the kanthal get hot enough to glow? That’s my main concern with metal heaters.
I cannot detect any glow when I power it on at max temp in the dark but I cannot say for sure. I will enquire and let you know @Vaporware:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Vaporware

Kebo1923

I have heard people not be big fans of the PAX but I had no issues with mine. For a first time user it takes little finesse other than a soft draw. I saw it mentioned already and at the risk of being sounding like a stan I love the Dynavap. It has a learning curve but it replaced joints for me.

Kebo1923,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom