New vaporizer for beginner

Wintertoop

Hi everyone,

I'm new in the world of vaping, and I find it hard to choose what to buy as a first vaporizer.
I've seen many tests and reviews, and the Pax 3, the Solo 2 seem to be good to start.

But I don't find any review on the Tronian Mellatron, recommended by the site Tvape, did anyone try it ? Or know something about it ?

Thank you for your responses !

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Welcome to the forum @Wintertoop!
For a first vape, the XVAPE Roffu would be hard to beat, looks a bit like a Pax but is a convection-orientated device. Especially good value at only US$99 while it is on sale.
002.jpg

Check out the thread, I am not the only one who likes it.:tup:

Wintertoop

Welcome to the forum @Wintertoop!
For a first vape, the XVAPE Roffu would be hard to beat, looks a bit like a Pax but is a convection-orientated device. Especially good value at only US$99 while it is on sale.
002.jpg

Check out the thread, I am not the only one who likes it.:tup:
Thank you for your response ! You think 100$ is enough for a first vaporizer ?

Wintertoop,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yes, I smoke everyday, 1 or 2 joints
Okay. If you want battery operated the aforementioned Roffu is a nice entry device, affordable while still being up to date and I think it meets all basic vaporists' needs.

If you think your tolerance is high I think torch operated vapes can be a great entry, as they are available for a nice price as well and they can give a awesome pure glass experience. Less portable though and more prone to breaking. Maybe a combination of the two? Look at The Rogue Wax Works for glass vapes.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
You can spend a lot more (sorry again to peeps that paid $180 before the sale) and get less, the Roffu is a great vape for a beginner as it produces cool vapor without fuss. I recommend getting the water pipe adapter/ glass mouthpiece for that joint type of mouth feel, it is only $10,
0031.jpg

And capsules if you like quick on-the-go herb swaps,
Edit, I have plenty of vapes but the Roffu is my goto herb vape (baller vapes have a fair share too) and I have a few, check out my spoiler list.

Last edited:

Wintertoop

You can spend a lot more (sorry again to peeps that paid $180 before the sale) and get less, the Roffu is a great vape for a beginner as it produces cool vapor without fuss. I recommend getting the water pipe adapter/ glass mouthpiece for that joint type of mouth feel, it is only $10,
0031.jpg

Edit, I have plenty of vapes but the Roffu is my goto herb vape (baller vapes have a fair share too) and I have a few, check out my spoiler list.
Ok thanks !!!

I live in France and they don't seem to ship here. I'll contact them and see, thank you !

Wintertoop,
Reactions: vapviking

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Gotta have a dynavap and this deal is v good in France. I have this ih and it's very useable with pads to adjust depth/heat profile.

I would advise getting a cheap torch lighter also.

If you like the vape experience then it's VAs time. lots of great advice on here to lighten your wallet.
Good luck.

Wintertoop

0031.jpg

Do you know when the Sale end ?

Wintertoop,

Wintertoop

0031.jpg

Do you know when the sale end ?

Wintertoop,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Do you know when the Sale end ?
I thought it would end on Cyber Monday that just passed so it could end anytime.
I live in France and they don't seem to ship here
Oh, bugger!
George at Vapefiend is a reseller but you missed the Black Friday sale,
There are also other sellers listed in the Roffu thread.
Edit, 420EDC also ships to France and has a 'Lite' kit that he sells,
He also has open box versions cheap,

Last edited:

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil

I was a big joint smoker as well. I went through quite a few vapes until I found something that emulated that joint like MTL hit.

I landed on the Mighty+ for this purpose and haven't looked back.

That's not to say that other portable vaporizers are not "better" (better flavour, bigger clouds and better build materials etc) it's just the conduction heavy Mighty and its cooling are almost a spot on replacement for a joint...if you want to vape it that way.

Now I'm no expert on convection only devices, but the ones I have, generally need to be hit in a certain way to obtain optimum results (normally a longish slow/medium draw)...which can be alien to exclusive joint smokers.

If you are willing to forgo the joint technique, then there are some great vapes out there, as mentioned above.

Zipford

I don't have any of the vapes suggested so far, but the XMAX V3 Pro is worth taking a look at, it has quite a few fans. I've seen the Pax knocked as smelly, if that is a concern to you. Planet of the Vapes has the V3 Pro on sale now for $87, and it is a solid basic vape.

OneMoreTime

What's your overall budget like? Do you want something battery-powered? Are you looking for something that's more of a session vape that you can sip on for a while, or something on-demand that can clear a bowl in just a few quick hits?

In general, if you like the form factor of joints, I've been really pleased with my Dynavap M thus far. If you want something battery-powered, there is a whole plethora of great options (xmax v3 pro, solo 2, pax 3, potv one, crafty/mighty, tinymight to name a few) but it really depends on what you're looking for in terms of your use-case and budget

badbee

But I don't find any review on the Tronian Mellatron, recommended by the site Tvape, did anyone try it ? Or know something about it ?
Don't believe anything you read on the TVape site, they are famous for their phony reviews that claim unknown off-brand vapes are better than the best in the market. Some of their vapes are OK (because someone else designed them), but they are all rebrands of something else with possibly some corners cut to make them cheaper to manufacture.

The Pax isn't known for being the best vape for efficiency, or value for the dollar, but it does have a great pocketable design. It's the iPhone of vapes. The Solo 2 is less sleek but a better value and known for being a super reliable work horse. It's a bit of a slow sipper, and so is the Pax, but that's fine for someone with a low tolerance.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Roffu and xmax v3pro are pretty top for budget units now, they have come a long way, the company and the products, great way to start off, I think they have better value in a variety of ways compared to pax and solo which have not updated their actual heat technology like ever so they would be better if they were 100 imo too lol if you're going to spend more, the options really open up, tinymight still my overall favorite that would have stopped me from buying a lot of other vapes if it had been available way back when though I was part of testing a lot of the early products that influenced it so I understand why it wasn't but yeah now this is some of the latest greatest top tier tech in my experience (mighty is a mainstream example that places a lot of people but I also find outdated and not nice in a lot of ways, compared to angus that would be a better value though it is still too new to fully recommend for me and just not my style but if you wanted a session style device)

Ok thanks !!!

I live in France and they don't seem to ship here. I'll contact them and see, thank you !

Okay yeah being in France is an important distinction as it does limit you quite a bit, though there are a lot of options and you are in the right place to find the best information! You won't find anything really useful from reviews and websites like tvape (see post above) so you will find what you are looking for here, I know the TM2 is available from French retailers, that is where I got mine in fact! Best with aftermarket glass though stems and hooks etc

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Hi everyone,

I'm new in the world of vaping, and I find it hard to choose what to buy as a first vaporizer.
I've seen many tests and reviews, and the Pax 3, the Solo 2 seem to be good to start.

Thank you for your responses !
Hi @Wintertoop and Welcome to the FC.

Lots of good advice here. Hopefully vaping will help shift you away from combusting your cannabis. Joints were fun when I was younger, but vaping is so much tastier and better for you. The closest experience to smoking a joint is probably the dynavap recommendation.

My advice is to consider the type of vaping you prefer and where you'll do most of your vaping. Some initial considerations would be: are you mostly at home vaping or need to move around when vaping and/or use it while out of the house, then do you prefer battery power or butane powered. And then how much did you want to spend?

If you like vaping then just understand that you will end up buying more than one vape. Once you get into vaping cannabis, you get this disease where you can't stop buying vapes for all different reasons and purposes.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh I really must add, it is new for me, but the Thermal Accumulator was designed to emulate a joint more so than a dynavap, and all I can say is so far I am absolutely loving it as someone who is not a DV guy or even a torch guy anymore outside of hot start dabbing in a quartz banger on a recycler... More are coming soon in New Year and worth keeping an eye on through the thread, will be easy to get in Europe too since the maker is British? and retailers are partnering to carry them (since he makes DV stems)

Wintertoop

Hi @Wintertoop and Welcome to the FC.

Lots of good advice here. Hopefully vaping will help shift you away from combusting your cannabis. Joints were fun when I was younger, but vaping is so much tastier and better for you. The closest experience to smoking a joint is probably the dynavap recommendation.

My advice is to consider the type of vaping you prefer and where you'll do most of your vaping. Some initial considerations would be: are you mostly at home vaping or need to move around when vaping and/or use it while out of the house, then do you prefer battery power or butane powered. And then how much did you want to spend?

If you like vaping then just understand that you will end up buying more than one vape. Once you get into vaping cannabis, you get this disease where you can't stop buying vapes for all different reasons and purposes.

Thank you all for your responses !

I'm actually searching for a portable vaporizer that I can bring everywhere, and for a first experience I don't want to sepnd more than 180-200$. Maybe I'll put more to buy a very high quality one like the TinyMight in the future.

Also, I may prefer longer session, or maybe a vaporizer that can do both, on demand and longer session.

So with all of my searches, the XLUX Roffu, and the Xmax V3 pro seem to be good choice ?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The Roffu is now only 10% off at XVAPE so you may have to weigh up again. The Roffu Lite kit is available at 420EDC, he has an open box unit of both you mentioned for $70ea,
or brand new lite bundle for just under $145,

Wintertoop

The Roffu is now only 10% off at XVAPE so you may have to weigh up again. The Roffu Lite kit is available at 420EDC, he has an open box unit of both you mentioned for $70ea,
or brand new lite bundle for just under $145,
Why is it alled Roffu Lite ? Different from Roffu ?

Wintertoop,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Why is it alled Roffu Lite ? Different from Roffu ?
The Lite edition is only available through a couple of vendors, it is a stripped-down version of the OG kit. No grinder, no metal oven, no scoop or carrying pouch/cloth. 420EDC actually throws in a few of his items, like a capsule (not in the OG kit) and a hard case.

Wintertoop

So I'm going to buy today, but I can't choose between the Xmax V3 pro and Arizer Solo 2, the Roffu is a bit off my budget, maybe I'll try it as a second Vaporizer.
What do you guys think ?

Wintertoop,
Top Bottom