• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

New Vaper - have some questions!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Hey everybody... Just joined FC and this is my first post! scrolled through briefly looking for a new member intro area but didnt see one, so here goes.

First I'm not 100% sure if im even posting in the right place, between the NewFC and FC - it looks like last week I should have posted in NFC (been lurking on both for a bit), but went to register today and now it looks like everything is coming back to this FC? Do I have that correct? Is this type of post appropriate for this subforum? If not, mods, please move to the appropriate sub.

Secondly a little bit about myself, my names Brian I'm from NY and just started vaping recently... my first vape showed up 6/4/20 and I've been using it at least once daily ever since and havent combusted at all. Combusted for years before that, did the whole oil pen, wasnt thrilled, have a nice faithful bubbler thats been my go-to.... but loving the dry herb vape. The bubblers been relegated to the shelf and just came out the other day when a friend came over. I had one pull from it but I think vaping's ruined my attraction to that. I did just order a WPA to try and vape through it, so looking forward to that.

After a lot of research, I got the DaVinci IQ 2. It doesn't seem to be one of the more popular units from what I see, but personally I love it. Keep in mind I had no vape experience before this so I don't have a baseline to compare it to. I love everything about it, but I have some questions that I'm not sure are more of a "user error" type thing or just the nature of the beast.

It's a conduction vape, and my understanding is that they require a tighter pack (generally) than a convection vape. The bud needs to be in constant contact with the oven walls and a tight pack helps transfer the heat throughout the oven. But how tight is too tight, and loose too loose? I've been basically filling the oven with flower, giving it a little tamp with my pinky and repeating until it reaches the top of the oven and I get what I would consider to be a medium resistance level. when I close the lid the lid flaps down and closes slowly the last bit as the lid compresses the flower a bit.

No issues with hitting it packed that way, its not too tight to restrict airflow. I've experimented with tighter packs where its more difficult to pull from, and looser packs where it pulls really easily but doesn't get me a lot of vapor, which I assumed was because it was too loose to really transfer heat. My only "issue" is that I often have the very top layer of bud come out looking more green than the rest of the load - I think this is the nature of the beast with a conduction vape, as maybe 95% of the load is pretty brown/toasted by the time I'm done with it. Just wanted to make sure I'm not wasting anything or doing something wrong.

The IQ 2 has 8 minute sessions at whatever temp you choose, either the precision temp control or the smart paths. Typically I do a full 8 minute session on smart path 3 which ramps from 390-410 F, and a little while later ill fire it up again to finish it on 4, which is 410-430 and then dump the AVB. Other times I'll just skip 3 and do one full session on 4, then dump the bud. That's usually my night time routine if I hadn't vaped earlier that night. If I did, I do that 3 to 4 temp step. If I'm starting in the morning, I'll start on 2 (370-390) and ride that up to 4 over the next couple hours. In that case, after 3 I usually throw in a little more fresh bud before doing path 4. Sound right?

When I was researching vapes all I kept reading was how efficient they are and how much weed you're going to save. I can now say with certainty, that is a myth. My usage has doubled. I can't say if its because I love the high so much more than a combustion high so I've been using it more, or if the high isn't as "strong" so I've been using more to get to where I want to be. (or I'm just not hitting it right). I just went through a half in 2 weeks which is about double what I was going through before. Not the worst thing in the world, I really do like the high better and I've been saving the AVB to make edibles with anyway. But maybe I'm not getting the most out of my bud when vaping?

Lastly, VAS/GAS is a real thing. I've never had more than one of the same type of glass. I've always had the same bowl, my first bubbler is more than enough, I've never felt the need to get another bubbler/bong, a different grinder, etc. Like I said I've had the IQ 2 for a month and I'm already trying to figure out what I'm getting next. Basically looking at the TinyMight next. It seems to check all of the boxes without being too complicated. There's a few others I looked at but the TinyMight looks like itll be the way I go. Looks to be a great piece of equipment and it'll be nice to have a convection vape to compare to my current conduction. I'm also looking at some other ones like the Fury Edge, Tetra P80, and Milaana 3. I also just ordered a BCG last week after reading the entire thread on them here, can't wait for that to get here! That'll be a huge upgrade coming from my cheap amazon grinder. Does the job... but meh.

Thanks for any advice/insight you can offer! Looking forward to hanging out and posting here now that I've decided to stop lurking.

Last edited:
BrianTL,
Reactions: Summer

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Welcome @BrianTL !
First - there is a welcome thread - if you want to give a quick intro over there, go for it!

However, since you also asked some questions, good that you created a thread.

Yes, there were some stabily/ownership issues with this site, so the fantastic mods created the other site as a lifeboat. Fortunately, everything worked out and was upgraded over here, so we expect to be on this (original) site for years to come. it was all a little confusing, but that should all be behind us now.

I don’t have the IQ2, but I do have its kid sister the Miqro, and efficiency is not one of its strong points.
So, while I am a little surprised you have doubled your usage, totally understandable with just the IQ.
Pretty much all of the other vapes you are interested in have MUCH better efficiency, so you will see usage go down for sure.

For glass, take a look at this thread (just the last 5 pages should do the trick) : https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/

You will love the BCG - if for form factor alone. What color and plate did you get?

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Welcome @BrianTL !
First - there is a welcome thread - if you want to give a quick intro over there, go for it!

However, since you also asked some questions, good that you created a thread.

Yes, there were some stabily/ownership issues with this site, so the fantastic mods created the other site as a lifeboat. Fortunately, everything worked out and was upgraded over here, so we expect to be on this (original) site for years to come. it was all a little confusing, but that should all be behind us now.

I don’t have the IQ2, but I do have its kid sister the Miqro, and efficiency is not one of its strong points.
So, while I am a little surprised you have doubled your usage, totally understandable with just the IQ.
Pretty much all of the vapes you are interested in have MUCH better efficiency, so you will see usage go down for sure.

For glass, take a look at this thread (just the last 5 pages should do the trick) : https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/

You will love the BCG - if for form factor alone. What color and plate did you get?

Ah, thanks for pointing out that thread haha I obviously missed it. It seems like the mods got a pretty good handle on things between the two forums! I browsed the threads explaining what was happening and I can't really say I've seen anything like it on any other forums. Usually if they go downhill theyre kind of forgotten about, nice to see some mods put the extra effort in to keep this place together!

Ok so good to know that it isnt the most efficient vape. I just didnt expect to use so much more than normal! The efficiency doesnt "bother" me because I'm enjoying it so much and going to use the AVB for edibles anyway, so not a major deal. It will be nice to have something more efficient in the future though!

I got the whole package with all 3 plates and hematite color for everything. I prefer a uniform look instead of different colors personally!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Ah hem
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/welcome-to-fuck-combustion-tell-us-about-yourself-here.205/

But all kidding aside welcome to the forum 😀 Some of your story is familiar to me, I to didn't immediately cut back my usage and either vaped the same or more then I was smoking chasing the dragon 🐉 of vaping. My first vape was a crafty a while not a terrible vape I had issues with it, mostly that what it held was a fair amount more than I would smoke in a session ( I was a small load bong smoker) so I started half vaping the bowl but didn't like the taste and effects of coming back to it later. At first I found myself vaping during the day and still smoking in the evening at night to help with insomnia, I carried on that way for a month or so until I decided to pick up a Dynavap mostly just to have something to use when my crafty was charging but then everything began to change. From the first hit it completely won my heart over the crafty, it's load size was half the size and it almost hit as hard high wise, two Dynavaps was no contest for the crafty. I was a couple months in still smoking at night just one at bedtime but I was noticing that I was going longer between bowls feeling higher for longer and using less bud, just a little at first but the longer I vaped the more I cut back. I moved into desktop units and picked up a Ditanium and stopped smoking at night but it wasn't perfect so I picked up a Weedeater and began to significantly cut back my dose. I went from smoking a g-g1/2 daily to vaping .3 weekdays and a bit more on weekends, but it's taken me 2 years and a few vapes to get where I am today.

I think you're making a wise move picking up a tinymight, with a fairly adjustable bowl size, strength and effects of vapour it's supposed to be a killer vape and next on my list of vapes to get.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Ah hem
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/welcome-to-fuck-combustion-tell-us-about-yourself-here.205/

But all kidding aside welcome to the forum 😀 Some of your story is familiar to me, I to didn't immediately cut back my usage and either vaped the same or more then I was smoking chasing the dragon 🐉 of vaping. My first vape was a crafty a while not a terrible vape I had issues with it, mostly that what it held was a fair amount more than I would smoke in a session ( I was a small load bong smoker) so I started half vaping the bowl but didn't like the taste and effects of coming back to it later. At first I found myself vaping during the day and still smoking in the evening at night to help with insomnia, I carried on that way for a month or so until I decided to pick up a Dynavap mostly just to have something to use when my crafty was charging but then everything began to change. From the first hit it completely won my heart over the crafty, it's load size was half the size and it almost hit as hard high wise, two Dynavaps was no contest for the crafty. I was a couple months in still smoking at night just one at bedtime but I was noticing that I was going longer between bowls feeling higher for longer and using less bud, just a little at first but the longer I vaped the more I cut back. I moved into desktop units and picked up a Ditanium and stopped smoking at night but it wasn't perfect so I picked up a Weedeater and began to significantly cut back my dose. I went from smoking a g-g1/2 daily to vaping .3 weekdays and a bit more on weekends, but it's taken me 2 years and a few vapes to get where I am today.

I think you're making a wise move picking up a tinymight, with a fairly adjustable bowl size, strength and effects of vapour it's supposed to be a killer vape and next on my list of vapes to get.

Thank you!

I was a small load bong smoker too! Honestly a full bowl on my bong (well, bubbler technically) would last me 2-3 nights if I was just taking it easy - I've always smoked before bed to help sleep. Good to know I'm not alone "adjusting" to vaping, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it and find what works for me. It's funny, the crafty/mighty just dont do it for me. I'm sure they're fine vapes, but just not my style I guess.

I ordered the TM last night! Now I just have to wait. "Patiently."

GoldenBud

Tetra P80 / Milaana 3 - same category - 100% convection, the heater has enough volume to consider a 100% convection vape.
Fury Edge / Solo II - same category - not 100% convection, even not 50%, it's mainly conduction but it still works well (if you drop your fury/solo to the ground, you won't break it......) the volume of the heater is not big enough for 100% convection, the taste is not as good as TP80/Milaana 3 but not too far away (you will still get the terpenes but like maybe 20-30 percent less) - the ABV of Fury/Solo is darker, and they are less efficient.

Disadvantage of TP80/Milaana 3 is the glass, it's breakable and the device isn't cheap. I love my TUBOx but they are harder to get. it's a special vape, if you will buy a Tubo/Tetrax or TP80 you need to sign for their invite list . If you don't break glass often ..
if you want to buy a good vape today, and have the ability to configure a Wismec P80 mod - install tubofirmware on it, and set 1-2 settings, get the Imp and set it with TCR it's kinda easy to do
the heater has less volume than TP80/Milaana, but it works well enough, powerful device, 95$
Disadvantage of it: the bowl can contain up to 0.09g or so. so if you need a bigger bowl , this isn't the best option
I really liked my imp

Wismec P80 is like 30$ maybe, and the installation is very easy tho

Bad Dog

I ordered the TM last night! Now I just have to wait. "Patiently."
Congratulations on your purchase, tinymight is my next vape once I save up. It should be more suitable for your needs, you'll be getting so much more vapour with less material. For me dense vapour is key to vaping as a substitute for smoking, I enjoy that full to bursting lung feeling you get from a big bong rip. Once you get your tinymight you will really get to see all the possibilities vaping offers, like being able to just take a hit or two every 20-40 minutes or whenever you feel the high dipping down a bit and just milk the shit out of the high for as long as possible on 1 bowl, that is my preferred daytime method I'm down to just 1 Dynavap hit at a time so 1/5 of .1 at a time which is just enough to relax me and give me a gentle buzz and I try and go at least 2 hours between hits riding the high from start to finish over and over. In the hours leading up to bed I'll crush a couple bowls of .1 at a time and get pretty dammed high, since switching to vaping and then moving toward micro dosing, vaping .1-.2 gets me as equally high as I was getting off .5 not all that long ago.
When you ordered your tinymight did you get the wpa? In the beginning I found higher temperature to be preferable it's closer to a combustion high but in time I've gotten away from high temp vaping during the day and for me I find that while lower temperature vaping might lack some initial intensity I feel like the high lasts longer but that might just be me.

Bad Dog,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Tetra P80 / Milaana 3 - same category - 100% convection, the heater has enough volume to consider a 100% convection vape.
Fury Edge / Solo II - same category - not 100% convection, even not 50%, it's mainly conduction but it still works well (if you drop your fury/solo to the ground, you won't break it......) the volume of the heater is not big enough for 100% convection, the taste is not as good as TP80/Milaana 3 but not too far away (you will still get the terpenes but like maybe 20-30 percent less) - the ABV of Fury/Solo is darker, and they are less efficient.

Disadvantage of TP80/Milaana 3 is the glass, it's breakable and the device isn't cheap. I love my TUBOx but they are harder to get. it's a special vape, if you will buy a Tubo/Tetrax or TP80 you need to sign for their invite list . If you don't break glass often ..
if you want to buy a good vape today, and have the ability to configure a Wismec P80 mod - install tubofirmware on it, and set 1-2 settings, get the Imp and set it with TCR it's kinda easy to do
the heater has less volume than TP80/Milaana, but it works well enough, powerful device, 95$
Disadvantage of it: the bowl can contain up to 0.09g or so. so if you need a bigger bowl , this isn't the best option
I really liked my imp

Wismec P80 is like 30$ maybe, and the installation is very easy tho

Thanks for the breakdown! So many differences between units, its nice to hear from experienced users who have used a handful of vapes and can give honest input.

Congratulations on your purchase, tinymight is my next vape once I save up. It should be more suitable for your needs, you'll be getting so much more vapour with less material. For me dense vapour is key to vaping as a substitute for smoking, I enjoy that full to bursting lung feeling you get from a big bong rip. Once you get your tinymight you will really get to see all the possibilities vaping offers, like being able to just take a hit or two every 20-40 minutes or whenever you feel the high dipping down a bit and just milk the shit out of the high for as long as possible on 1 bowl, that is my preferred daytime method I'm down to just 1 Dynavap hit at a time so 1/5 of .1 at a time which is just enough to relax me and give me a gentle buzz and I try and go at least 2 hours between hits riding the high from start to finish over and over. In the hours leading up to bed I'll crush a couple bowls of .1 at a time and get pretty dammed high, since switching to vaping and then moving toward micro dosing, vaping .1-.2 gets me as equally high as I was getting off .5 not all that long ago.
When you ordered your tinymight did you get the wpa? In the beginning I found higher temperature to be preferable it's closer to a combustion high but in time I've gotten away from high temp vaping during the day and for me I find that while lower temperature vaping might lack some initial intensity I feel like the high lasts longer but that might just be me.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing the possibilities with vaping. It's wild to me how many different ways a vape like the TM can be used. Having so many options available in terms of vape method is going to be really nice. It sounds like we have similar preferences too.

I did get the WPA that TM sells. I have a grav bubbler I'm going to try using it through. As well as the standard stems with the coolings units, I got an extra short stem and long stem, and an extra CU.

I know with my IQ 2, I prefer 370-390 F during the earlier hours of the day, or if I'm supposed to be active/functional. 390-410 in the evening or for chilling on the couch, and 410-430 to either finish off the bowl from one of the earlier sessions or to vape the full bowl before bed.

Also I havent been fully able to comprehend/wrap my head around what changes from vape to vape that can get you such varying results with efficiency. Logically I would think same bud, same amount of bud, same temps, you wouldnt think there would be such dramatic differences in how high one vape gets you vs the other.

BrianTL,

Bad Dog

you wouldnt think there would be such dramatic differences in how high one vape gets you vs the other.
It can be a night and day difference between vapes as you will experience when you get your tinymight. It's just heat and weed but the variation is crazy and everyone is looking for something different so it sort of pans out. Even the same vape with different accessories can be completely different eg my Ditanium, it works with a glass tube with some ridges to hold the screen in place but they decided to change the design too get rid of ridges and replaced it with a glass disk with holes that you put the screen on and to me it completely changed the flow of the vape and nearly ruined it for me. Along with diminished performance the maintenance was so much worse and that frustrated me almost to the point of not using the vape, had to go searching for old stock and place a international order to get one of the old style.

Seem like your well on your way to becoming a seasoned vapist, experimenting is half the fun and all the variation keeps things interesting. Your iq might still come in handy as a less worrying option for bud use on the go, it's less fragile than the tinymight and has a big enough oven to get you and a buddy buzzed so you might still get some use out of it and while I'm not sure how much validity this has but I've heard a couple times conduction vapes may offer the best results when it comes to cbd. Vas may be real but when you find a vape that suits your purpose it mostly melts away, the tinymight will likely be the last piece to my vaping puzzle but part of me wants a Nomad for the sheer artistry of it lol.

Bad Dog,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
It can be a night and day difference between vapes as you will experience when you get your tinymight. It's just heat and weed but the variation is crazy and everyone is looking for something different so it sort of pans out. Even the same vape with different accessories can be completely different eg my Ditanium, it works with a glass tube with some ridges to hold the screen in place but they decided to change the design too get rid of ridges and replaced it with a glass disk with holes that you put the screen on and to me it completely changed the flow of the vape and nearly ruined it for me. Along with diminished performance the maintenance was so much worse and that frustrated me almost to the point of not using the vape, had to go searching for old stock and place a international order to get one of the old style.

Seem like your well on your way to becoming a seasoned vapist, experimenting is half the fun and all the variation keeps things interesting. Your iq might still come in handy as a less worrying option for bud use on the go, it's less fragile than the tinymight and has a big enough oven to get you and a buddy buzzed so you might still get some use out of it and while I'm not sure how much validity this has but I've heard a couple times conduction vapes may offer the best results when it comes to cbd. Vas may be real but when you find a vape that suits your purpose it mostly melts away, the tinymight will likely be the last piece to my vaping puzzle but part of me wants a Nomad for the sheer artistry of it lol.

Yup! Thats another thing that's hard to figure out...how and why accessories can completely change the vape.

Thats exactly what I was picturing for the IQ - use it as more of an on the go vape assuming this TM is amazing as I think it will be haha. I just watched a vid explaining how the TM can be somewhat fragile, in particular the heating element with the ceramic posts, so its probably a good idea to use the IQ for more active things.

BrianTL,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Welcome to fc Brian! Good short list and honestly you'll probably do well to just sell the IQ here or on r/entexchange once you get something with better performance.

I'm a big rbt fan and have two Milaanas and I think ten Splinters at this point. If the price difference isn't a big deal I'd choose a Milaana 2 over the 3 and remember to add some cooling stems and a WPA to your order. A Splinter V2 or ZV2 on a $30-40 Wismec mod is the cheapest option for a super powerful on demand convection portable. As others have mentioned, the glass joint makes them more useful around the house than on the go.

The Tinymight is also an excellent choice and is probably the sweet spot for performance, consistency and vapor quality. I only have one because they're twice the price of a Splinter setup but they really do offer Splinter-level vapor quality with Fury Edge ease of use and portability.

I'd leave all the session vapes like the Fury Edge alone. I own one and have historically used it for hikes and such so if you want a truly portable pocket vape then replace your IQ with an Edge and then get a Tinymight/Milaana/Splinter/P80 so you only have to use the Edge for vaping out. You honestly have to take two or three hits from any session vape to extract as much as one hit from any vape on the short list of on demand convection portables.

The P80 gets lots of love and is right there with the others in terms of performance. I've only owned a Tubo X so I won't speak to the P80's specifics except to say it's more like a Splinter only with a single cell mod built. It's super powerful with open draw resistance and great flavor but it shares the limitation of a ground glass joint so despite its tidy size you can't really pocket carry it without carrying the stem separately.

To sum up: the on demand convection devices listed above are in a different class and will likely spoil the generation of slower, weaker, less flavorful session vapes that make up the lion share of the dry herb vape landscape. Start with any of those and you won't be sorry.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
The thing with the IQ / IQ2 is the size of the chamber; esp. when packing it tight, you're looking at ~.3g per session, which is actually on the bigger side of things (just for comparison: my usual load with a Dynavap is 0.05g, with the Tinymight 0.1 - 0.15g), and more approbriate for group sessions, which is where the IQ totally shines in my opinion. For a single user I recommend getting the DaVinci glass spacers which will let you decrease the size of the chamber while keeping a tight pack.

Decreasing consumption with vaporizers is not a myth at all; I was able to cut down by about three quarters of what I used to smoke. The IQ / IQ2 is just not the most ideal device to explore that, I'm sure the Tinymight will give you a better idea of how things can work. :-)

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Thanks guys! I have a feeling that the IQ 2 will be left alone for outdoor activities like hikes boats etc - once the TM gets here it'll probably be my daily. I thought part of my issue with the IQ was that I wasn't taking long/big enough hits. I'm not sure if I have baby lungs or what but it's hard for me to take long big hits, no matter how slow or fast without coughing a lot with it. So I ordered a WPA that should be here this week to run it through my bubbler, hopefully that will work for me while i wait for the TM to arrive.

@Siebter I'm sure you're right about the consumption amount. My comment about that was more of a joke, I feel like I could/should be extracting more from the amount of bud going in, considering the oven size like you said. I have the ceramic dosing capsule it came with, I tried it once and it didn't really do anything for me. I dont believe the glass spacers from the OG IQ fit the IQ 2.

BrianTL,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks guys! I have a feeling that the IQ 2 will be left alone for outdoor activities like hikes boats etc - once the TM gets here it'll probably be my daily. I thought part of my issue with the IQ was that I wasn't taking long/big enough hits. I'm not sure if I have baby lungs or what but it's hard for me to take long big hits, no matter how slow or fast without coughing a lot with it. So I ordered a WPA that should be here this week to run it through my bubbler, hopefully that will work for me while i wait for the TM to arrive.

@Siebter I'm sure you're right about the consumption amount. My comment about that was more of a joke, I feel like I could/should be extracting more from the amount of bud going in, considering the oven size like you said. I have the ceramic dosing capsule it came with, I tried it once and it didn't really do anything for me. I dont believe the glass spacers from the OG IQ fit the IQ 2.

I think the glass spacers should fit, they should be the same size The oven is the same size, also by the way that ceramic capsule is for concentrates not herbs...

Yeah once you get the tinymight you might find yourself wanting to take it out and about as well, maybe not ideal for extreme rough usage, but it is still pretty durable not fragile!

and yes once you try it you will see the difference, heating technology is a huge factor in all vaporizers, since the IQ2 is pure session conduction and the tiny mite is pure on demand convection, the differences will be very apparent to you... TM is great because you can use a tiny amount but also a larger amount, the beauty of having adjustable bowls with basket screens and glass stems! But the glass IS fragile...

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@BrianTL – Since the dosing capsules fit both in the IQ2 and the IQ, I'm quite certain the glass spacers fit in both as well (edit: as @Shit Snacks already mentioned), I don't think they changed the dimensions of the chamber. When I was still using the IQ, they made a huge difference for me by making things much more versatile. They work great.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I think the glass spacers should fit, they should be the same size The oven is the same size, also by the way that ceramic capsule is for concentrates not herbs...

Yeah once you get the tinymight you might find yourself wanting to take it out and about as well, maybe not ideal for extreme rough usage, but it is still pretty durable not fragile!

and yes once you try it you will see the difference, heating technology is a huge factor in all vaporizers, since the IQ2 is pure session conduction and the tiny mite is pure on demand convection, the differences will be very apparent to you... TM is great because you can use a tiny amount but also a larger amount, the beauty of having adjustable bowls with basket screens and glass stems! But the glass IS fragile...

Interesting, I'll have to look into the glass spacers. I only thought they wouldnt work because on the IQ 2 page on DaVinci it has a note that says IQ accessories will not fit the IQ 2. I knew I read it somewhere I just had to find it. Originally I thought it would be perfect for me because I didn't think I would need the full oven just for myself, but then I was worried it wouldn't fit so I abandoned that idea.

I also checked the dosage pods from their website, advertised as being used for both dry herb and concentrate.

But for extracts they want you to use this, which gets inserted into the dosage pod.

Bad Dog

but it's hard for me to take long big hits, no matter how slow or fast without coughing a lot with it.
IMO vaping scratches, tickles and itches differently than smoking and takes some getting used to, myself I had a adjustment period to every new stronger vape so it basically took me a little shy of a year to pretty much completely get over the coughing. Mine wasn't terrible but it was constant and annoying for some time, one of my methods to help combat it was first take a small puff just enough to feel a slight tickle, exhale then fairly aggressively clear your throat take a couple of deep breaths then take as big of a rip as you can inhaling long and slow, then exhale immediately don't worry about holding the hit breathing out at a medium speed to fast scratches more I find. If you didn't cough while blowing your cloud anticipate to shortly after, cough all you need to and have a sip of something warm like a coffee or tea. Finish off your session taking more reasonable hits that should feel less irritation by contrast. It's kinda like taking a really hot shower on a hot day, when you step out of the bathroom the rest of the house feels cooler by contrast since you somewhat desensitized yourself to the heat. Vaping through water helps a lot to.

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Siebter

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Interesting, I'll have to look into the glass spacers. I only thought they wouldnt work because on the IQ 2 page on DaVinci it has a note that says IQ accessories will not fit the IQ 2. I knew I read it somewhere I just had to find it. Originally I thought it would be perfect for me because I didn't think I would need the full oven just for myself, but then I was worried it wouldn't fit so I abandoned that idea.

I also checked the dosage pods from their website, advertised as being used for both dry herb and concentrate.

But for extracts they want you to use this, which gets inserted into the dosage pod.

Oh hmm I can't see how using that as a capsule for herb could do anything but hurt efficiency and just be more of a hassle to use... Like nice that it's ceramic, but I can't imagine the design is very effective... also surprised the glass spacers wouldn't fit, but maybe there are some alternative options, I used to use a broken piece of a glass candy in my old ascent! Maybe a healthstone...

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
IMO vaping scratches, tickles and itches differently than smoking and takes some getting used to, myself I had a adjustment period to every new stronger vape so it basically took me a little shy of a year to pretty much completely get over the coughing. Mine wasn't terrible but it was constant and annoying for some time, one of my methods to help combat it was first take a small puff just enough to feel a slight tickle, exhale then fairly aggressively clear your throat take a couple of deep breaths then take as big of a rip as you can inhaling long and slow, then exhale immediately don't worry about holding the hit breathing out at a medium speed to fast scratches more I find. If you didn't cough while blowing your cloud anticipate to shortly after, cough all you need to and have a sip of something warm like a coffee or tea. Finish off your session taking more reasonable hits that should feel less irritation by contrast. It's kinda like taking a really hot shower on a hot day, when you step out of the bathroom the rest of the house feels cooler by contrast since you somewhat desensitized yourself to the heat. Vaping through water helps a lot to.

I'll have to try that! I've just been trying to take long slow inhales and the typical follow up fresh air to get everything into the lungs - and I've been using cold water in between hits. I'll try something warm! Now that you mention it, I do think when I've been vaping with coffee the coughings been less. Thank you! Shower analogy makes sense too.

Oh hmm I can't see how using that as a capsule for herb could do anything but hurt efficiency and just be more of a hassle to use... Like nice that it's ceramic, but I can't imagine the design is very effective... also surprised the glass spacers wouldn't fit, but maybe there are some alternative options, I used to use a broken piece of a glass candy in my old ascent! Maybe a healthstone...

I thought the same thing, it doesn't seen like the most effective design to me, a spacer would make a lot more sense. In my experience the one time I tried the dosing capsule, the vapor quality just wasn't there. I ordered the glass spacers last night anyway. I'll try them and see if it works.

Bad Dog

Taking the super hit should hopefully help with the rest of the session, as well as building up your tolerance to be able to take such hits. Having to drink something warm isn't always ideal this time of year so also experiment with carbonated drinks or even hard liquor like southern comfort or brandy if you don't mind having a drink.

Bad Dog,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Taking the super hit should hopefully help with the rest of the session, as well as building up your tolerance to be able to take such hits. Having to drink something warm isn't always ideal this time of year so also experiment with carbonated drinks or even hard liquor like southern comfort or brandy if you don't mind having a drink.

That's what I need to work on, building tolerance for bigger hits. I'll get there.

Oh, and I never mind having a drink. I'm just as much of a drinker as I am a smoker/vaper

BrianTL,

Bad Dog

Some people never get over the coughing but do at least gain some control, just something to be aware of.

Edit: I've recently been experimenting using a fine grind with my Weedeater and found it to have a harsh edge to it vs my usual medium grind and it doesn't happen. For the iq fine grind is recommended and for that matter so does the Weedeater but I much prefer the medium grind. Try a courser grind and see if that helps at all, still pack it as normal. Shoot for a consistency like this
http://instagr.am/p/CCGqBAWHGUd/

Last edited:
Bad Dog,
Reactions: BrianTL

Bad Dog

I think I might know someone who can answer the spacers for the iq2 question. @C3PO Bruce is that you? If I'm wrong at guessing who you are my apologies but if I am right can you please tell us if the glass spacers for the iq fit the iq2? Good to see you around dude

Bad Dog,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Ok cool I'll try a bit coarser, I'm definitely getting a more fine grind with a little medium in there. My grinder isnt the best so that doesn't help. I get a pretty inconsistent fine/medium mix, with the majority being fine. I've been attempting to get it to be consistently more towards the medium side of things, but it just isn't working out.

Between the TinyMight and BCG, this waiting thing really sucks lol. Spoiled by instant satisfaction from everything else these days.

Top Bottom