New user, few questions while waiting dhv

Marko94

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and generally to the world of vaping. In 3 days, I will be receiving a new DHV (Wolkenkraft ÄRiS Ultra) with a glass bubbler. I have a few questions, which I believe won't be a problem for you experienced users to answer. I have watched YouTube videos and read manuals on what to do when I get the DHV. Based on your experience, I am curious about how to start once I turn it on. Should I clean it first and then run it at a high temperature to burn off any harmful residues (maybe left over from manufacturing or transport)?

Additionally, since I will only (initially) be consuming CBD herb, I am curious about how to know how many times I can inhale/consume one capsule load. What is the best inhalation method? Short puffs or longer ones? I also got a 5g Hash Discovery Pack and Crystal Isolate - 99.8% Pure CBD - 10g. I plan to consume these with food, directly in my mouth, but I was also thinking about vaping them. For example, mixing with CBD flower. What is the best temperature for that, and what is sufficient for just the CBD flower?

That's it for now :) Thank you.

Edit 1 : Also, I am in doubt now. Reading comments on others Aris Ultra ( plastik smell etc) I am curios if I decided correct when buying it. Or is it better to return it and go with Xmax V3 pro or Roffu? Thanks

Edit 2 : And last one , should I be in problem if I can not change battery on DHV ?

Last edited:

Varden

And last one , should I be in problem if I can not change battery on DHV ?
After my first two vapes died while they were still OK, just because the battery was dead, I will not buy a vape without replaceable batteries.

Plus, being able to just replace the battery and keep going without having a power bank hanging from the vaporizer makes for a much better experience.

Marko94

After my first two vapes died while they were still OK, just because the battery was dead, I will not buy a vape without replaceable batteries.

Plus, being able to just replace the battery and keep going without having a power bank hanging from the vaporizer makes for a much better experience.
I will do it mostly at home. What is the average time I can use dhv on one charging and what is the average time until battery is dead ? also in your opinion , best is to return this dhv and buy one with the battery replaceable ?

Marko94,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Varden

I can not say for sure as I have never tried the vape you got, but AFAIK it is a clone, or rather the same model, designed and made by the same chinese factory as the Healthy Rips.

If that is correct, I think the Roffu is a much better vape overall, not just because of the replaceable battery.

Marko94

I can not say for sure as I have never tried the vape you got, but AFAIK it is a clone, or rather the same model, designed and made by the same chinese factory as the Healthy Rips.

If that is correct, I think the Roffu is a much better vape overall, not just because of the replaceable battery.
Yeah, it is clone, but manufacturer is Germany, class one and per reviews really good ones. Except battery, why Roffu is better ?

Marko94,

badbee

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and generally to the world of vaping. In 3 days, I will be receiving a new DHV (Wolkenkraft ÄRiS Ultra) with a glass bubbler. I have a few questions, which I believe won't be a problem for you experienced users to answer. I have watched YouTube videos and read manuals on what to do when I get the DHV. Based on your experience, I am curious about how to start once I turn it on. Should I clean it first and then run it at a high temperature to burn off any harmful residues (maybe left over from manufacturing or transport)?

Additionally, since I will only (initially) be consuming CBD herb, I am curious about how to know how many times I can inhale/consume one capsule load. What is the best inhalation method? Short puffs or longer ones? I also got a 5g Hash Discovery Pack and Crystal Isolate - 99.8% Pure CBD - 10g. I plan to consume these with food, directly in my mouth, but I was also thinking about vaping them. For example, mixing with CBD flower. What is the best temperature for that, and what is sufficient for just the CBD flower?

That's it for now :) Thank you.
The problem with getting advice here is that we tend to be "enthusiasts". If you ask people about your economy car on a sports car forum you don't always get the best answers. The Aris Ultra is used much more commonly in the EU than in the US. We Americans don't know that much about it and tend to distrust it. It should be fine for you and is much cheaper than some of the alternatives.

Yes, it's best to clean any vape before use. I prefer to clean with isopropyl alcohol (91% or stronger ideally) and QTips. Keep going until the QTips come away clean (which might be from the beginning). Then a high temp burn off is recommended, try 420F (why not) or whatever is the max heat. Do it three times.

Vapes work best with long slow hits. I don't use CBD much but you will likely get 5 to 10 hits off a load with the Aris (that's a guess). You know it's done when it starts to taste like stale popcorn or dry grass with very little terpene flavor. I mix concentrate with flower and it works great. Use a very small amount at first (0.03 g?) and increase size gradually, when things start to get messy, go back to a smaller amount. You'll need to increase the temperature a bit, but it doesn't have to be crazy high. Temperature choice is very personal, some like to go low (360 F) and slow the whole time, some temp step, some go straight off with a higher temp (say 400 F).

Varden

Yeah, it is clone, but manufacturer is Germany, class one and per reviews really good ones. Except battery, why Roffu is better ?
Apart from the removable battery, the Roffu has a removable bowl so it is easier to clean, you can have glass bowl for flavour or metallic for sturdiness. To be honest, I could be biased because I had a healthy rips for a couple years and I remember the vapor being a bit rough, but that was an older version so maybe that has improved.

Marko94

The problem with getting advice here is that we tend to be "enthusiasts". If you ask people about your economy car on a sports car forum you don't always get the best answers. The Aris Ultra is used much more commonly in the EU than in the US. We Americans don't know that much about it and tend to distrust it. It should be fine for you and is much cheaper than some of the alternatives.

Yes, it's best to clean any vape before use. I prefer to clean with isopropyl alcohol (91% or stronger ideally) and QTips. Keep going until the QTips come away clean (which might be from the beginning). Then a high temp burn off is recommended, try 420F (why not) or whatever is the max heat. Do it three times.

Vapes work best with long slow hits. I don't use CBD much but you will likely get 5 to 10 hits off a load with the Aris (that's a guess). You know it's done when it starts to taste like stale popcorn or dry grass with very little terpene flavor. I mix concentrate with flower and it works great. Use a very small amount at first (0.03 g?) and increase size gradually, when things start to get messy, go back to a smaller amount. You'll need to increase the temperature a bit, but it doesn't have to be crazy high. Temperature choice is very personal, some like to go low (360 F) and slow the whole time, some temp step, some go straight off with a higher temp (say 400 F).
Hi, thanks for the response. I understand, but my question was more general, not specifically related to the DHV I bought. More about experiences and advice. Regarding cleaning and temp burn-off, how long should I do that? The entire session, a few minutes each of the 3 times, or what? About dosing and temp setting, I'll play around with that a bit more. I also have a glass bubbler, so that will probably affect everything as well.

Apart from the removable battery, the Roffu has a removable bowl so it is easier to clean, you can have glass bowl for flavour or metallic for sturdiness. To be honest, I could be biased because I had a healthy rips for a couple years and I remember the vapor being a bit rough, but that was an older version so maybe that has improved.
ok, got it..Aris ultra has removable bowl, which is easier to clean. And different types of dosing capsules.

Marko94,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Yeah, that vape won't get much love from users here I'm afraid.

The CBD isolate, that's going to taste like shit when vaped IME. I used mine up in edibles and homemade flavoured vape juice when I used to use a nic vape.

Regarding temperatures, that's entirely subjective, some like to vape at higher or lower temps than others... Experiment and find your preference.

Also, the forum doesn't like back to back posts. Please use the edit function if you want to add a forgotten point to s post you just made. The edit window is only a few hours, so if the button is gone then you can post again.

Marko94

Yeah, that vape won't get much love from users here I'm afraid.

The CBD isolate, that's going to taste like shit when vaped IME. I used mine up in edibles and homemade flavoured vape juice when I used to use a nic vape.

Regarding temperatures, that's entirely subjective, some like to vape at higher or lower temps than others... Experiment and find your preference.

Also, the forum doesn't like back to back posts. Please use the edit function if you want to add a forgotten point to s post you just made. The edit window is only a few hours, so if the button is gone then you can post again.
Thank you for your post and some good points. CBD isolate I will mix with the herb for sure.

Marko94,
Reactions: Cheebsy

badbee

Hi, thanks for the response. I understand, but my question was more general, not specifically related to the DHV I bought. More about experiences and advice. Regarding cleaning and temp burn-off, how long should I do that? The entire session, a few minutes each of the 3 times, or what? About dosing and temp setting, I'll play around with that a bit more. I also have a glass bubbler, so that will probably affect everything as well.
There is no right or wrong for this. I would go with 3 heatings of say 20 or 30 seconds each. It's not really a session. You can puff on it, vape to mouth only, and blow out the fake hit to help move heat into the oven. If my first cleaning doesn't dirty the QTips and the first burn off has no smell at all I consider that good enough.

Vapcaps, as an example, arrive covered in machining oil (or used to, it's been a few years since I bought a new one) and need a thorough cleaning. Battery powered vapes tend to be cleaner when delivered.

badbee,
Reactions: Marko94

Marko94

Google says,
QUALITY CREATED IN GERMANY!
Note it says created...not made in Germany.:2c:
It still looks pretty good though.:tup:
The Roffu was created in California...but made in China like a lot of manufacturers.
Hi,

Yes, know that :) but it seems good ,per reviews and also 4 y of warranty!

I was in doubt between Xmax V3 pro and Roffu and Aris ultra. I hope that I decide correct. I can still return it and buy V3 pro or Roffu. It is cheaper and also good reviews :)

Top Bottom