New to vapes and rosin. I have a list of items I am ready to buy and want to make sure I am good to go

For on the go:
Is there a better cheap alternative?

I just want to make sure this all works together and if any of the parts are subpar please let me know.
At home:
banger
axial coil
ruby insert
controller
dab rig
Am I missing anything to have a great rosin experience? I'm in the process of pressing a few pounds and I'm sick of this $10 dab straw!

Thank you

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Your list list looks good to me only thing that might be missing is a terp pearl but I'm not 100% you need one with a insert and a carb cap. Check out 710 coils

Bad Dog

Just noticed your list was all links, very nice indeed :tup: I have some concern about the dab rig, I’m not sure if the banger will be far enough away from the bong its self? I have a similar piece and my banger sits very close, it’s not a 710 setup just something I torch
650E9FE0-CE38-4257-B946-8099F8CCCA60.jpeg

Bad Dog

Like I said I'm not 100% sure, it does look taller and narrower but you are better going with a different rig unless you use a drop down specifically one that works with that style rig.

Bad Dog,
Reactions: arb

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Just noticed your list was all links, very nice indeed :tup: I have some concern about the dab rig, I’m not sure if the banger will be far enough away from the bong its self? I have a similar piece and my banger sits very close, it’s not a 710 setup just something I torch
View attachment 2020
where did you get that round bottom banger?

FlyingLow,

Kins

where did you get that round bottom banger?

Hey I know I'm answering for the other guy but it looks like the same one I have and I got mine from Sneaky Pete.

Last edited:
Kins,

clouded vision

If you want to save some money you could just get a bottomless banger instead of a banger and enail and use the DTV4 at home and on the go. Maybe upgrade the mod to a dual or even triple battery. Also you don't necessarily want a bigger rig, just something where the joint isn't right in the middle. Something like a banger hanger.

flammy

You could also consider a cold start banger setup. You could ditch the coil and controller and just get a small torch lighter and rig to go with it. Might be worth looking into to see if cold start might be more your style.

Edit: LOL...didn't even realize a cold start option had been linked already. Sorry for the duplicative suggestion.

Last edited:
If you want to save some money you could just get a bottomless banger instead of a banger and enail and use the DTV4 at home and on the go. Maybe upgrade the mod to a dual or even triple battery. Also you don't necessarily want a bigger rig, just something where the joint isn't right in the middle. Something like a banger hanger.
Oh shit that sounds good. I realized I'm not ready to spend over $500 on this anyway so I was just gonna get the DTV4 for now. So you're saying if I order the bottomless banger, I can attach that to the DTV4 and that could be comparable to a rig? I understand it'll worse or weaker but as long as it's better than a normal little pen I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

clouded vision

Oh shit that sounds good. I realized I'm not ready to spend over $500 on this anyway so I was just gonna get the DTV4 for now. So you're saying if I order the bottomless banger, I can attach that to the DTV4 and that could be comparable to a rig? I understand it'll worse or weaker but as long as it's better than a normal little pen I'm sure I'll be happy with it.
Yes and with Artic Fox on the mod it's almost as good as a full enail setup for way cheaper. When rig shopping consider the clearance you'll need to fit the DTV4 under the bottomless banger. Alternatively, you could just get a 510 extension, a few people on reddit sell them for around $55-60 or you could make your own for a little less. A nice addition but not necessary.

clouded vision,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Just to mention, the DTV4 isn't the only option. The Sai TAF is also known to a good performer. You also have a host of other buckets or coils available. I actually own the DTV4 myself and can see the bottomless banger as a great option, one that I may explore myself as I don't like how the vapor can't be seen in the SS housing. For me, it makes it difficult to gauge if I'm hitting the mod correctly. I have yet to be excited by the whole 510 dabbing world, but you never know what's around the corner.

This setup looks easy:

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
For on the go:

I just want to make sure this all works together and if any of the parts are subpar please let me know.
At home:
banger
axial coil
ruby insert
controller
dab rig
Am I missing anything to have a great rosin experience? I'm in the process of pressing a few pounds and I'm sick of this $10 dab straw!

Thank you

I would add a few more things:

- Dabbing tool
- Q-tip holder with a reservoir on the side for Iso
- Carb Cap (most important)

Ramahs,
Reactions: 510MOD

buckhakeesah

If you prefer an electronic setup, you made a wise investment with the v4. Save some cash. Enjoy!

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: 510MOD

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Go get a RiO from Stache Products, I think PIU has some in stock...

its got all you need, from the torch to tool...

FlyingLow,
Go get a RiO from Stache Products, I think PIU has some in stock...

its got all you need, from the torch to tool...
I've read a lot of your posts and you definitely seem to know everything about this stuff. The device looks awesome, I might end up getting that instead of a big expensive rig down the road

funnypharm,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I definitely do not know much, but I am flattered!

I have some experience with many devices/setups, and I am a bit opinionated, but don't misinterpret that as me being the most knowledgable guy in the room... I am not. Read as much as you can, and try as much as you can, there is no substitute for experience and your mileage may vary.

I like the RiO because it is simple, economical, back to the basics, and IMO far better than any atomizer based setup. It is not as refined nor precise nor as expensive as a decent enail setup, there is also a learning curve, but RiO is the real deal all-in-one unit, my favorite portable ever, and a cold starting beast. It is also simple to clean and comes with a great travel case.

Ive said it in other threads, RiO does not replace my enail and don't think it ever will, but it compliments it beautifully and is a prized travel companion.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Yes, but I would stick with your original list but add a cap and pearls, the insert is a luxury you could do without and still be ahead.
I would get a @710Coils 25mm axial heater, banger, cap and balls paired with an Auber300 pid controller. This controller has a rotary dial that is much better to use than the little arrow jobs.
I actually went their cheaper version due to cable management only,
These controllers also run my Dnail setup and most other types of enail setup.
I would also get a different bong for dabbing and keep the sidecar for flower vaping.
I like a rattle can and recycler for dabbing rosin.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: 710Coils

I have some experience with many devices/setups, and I am a bit opinionated, but don't misinterpret that as me being the most knowledgable guy in the room... I am not. Read as much as you can, and try as much as you can, there is no substitute for experience and your mileage may vary.

I like the RiO because it is simple, economical, back to the basics, and IMO far better than any atomizer based setup. It is not as refined nor precise nor as expensive as a decent enail setup, there is also a learning curve, but RiO is the real deal all-in-one unit, my favorite portable ever, and a cold starting beast. It is also simple to clean and comes with a great travel case.

Ive said it in other threads, RiO does not replace my enail and don't think it ever will, but it compliments it beautifully and is a prized travel companion.
Damn that RiO does sound pretty sweet. By the way that original list I posted was just taken from one of your posts haha
Yes, but I would stick with your original list but add a cap and pearls, the insert is a luxury you could do without and still be ahead.
I would get a @710Coils 25mm axial heater, banger, cap and balls paired with an Auber300 pid controller. This controller has a rotary dial that is much better to use than the little arrow jobs.
I actually went their cheaper version due to cable management only,
These controllers also run my Dnail setup and most other types of enail setup.
I would also get a different bong for dabbing and keep the sidecar for flower vaping.
I like a rattle can and recycler for dabbing rosin.
Cool I will probably skip the insert and maybe order the axial coil when it's available next week and one of those controllers. I'll look into recyclers and rattle cans, never heard of either.

Kins

I'm still getting to know my Stache Rio. Starting to like it better and better with each use. I've even got the wife to start liking it....somewhat.

Kins,
Top Bottom