New member here, looking for DIY advice

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Indeed, it does :D

Edited my last post and added a bit re your question about preventing accidental combustion.

Log vapes are kind of simple and natural in design and use. Yep. They also prefer a few crumbs to big loads and nevertheless are heavy higters and produce fat clouds. Bit old school, yes. But there are also intereesting new developments in the portable segment from this kinda vape, when you look at wooden vapes like the Milaana, Lil'Bud/Classic/Elite, then the 510ee section, like iHeat, Splinter and so on, or even the Venus Apollo, a wooden, halo based portable. Interesting field :nod:

Edit: another thing regarding preventing accidental combustion with Log vapes is temp micromanagement via regulating draw speed. Slower draw will let a smaller air volume pass the heater, which then can heat it up more effective, so that you get hotter vapor and denser clouds. Drawing faster lets more air pass the heater, thereby cooling it down, so that vapor temp drops and denisty decreases. You'll get the hang of it quite natural ;)

Last edited:
blokenoname,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Ah, yep, that sounds like my Launch Box exactly in manner of temperature regulation. And I've certainly flamed that one out once or twice.

..oh snap - just had a vision of a 'Night Light Orbiter' :rolleyes:

TommyDee,

Hippie

I use a 20w Osram Halostar oven bulb wrapped in mesh, inside an 18mm glass adapter, sat on a cork deck, with 2 plain washers and one with some channels I've cut so the air comes in just above the a ceramic bulb holder, in a bamboo cup ... in a similar fashion. I'm calling it my Bamloghaloo at the moment :)

The glass adapters are like $3 a piece and the bulb will fit in a 14mm female adapter too so I went a bit mad and picked up the adapters to run it with a choice of 14 or 18mm male or female on the top and 14 or 18mm female on the bottom.

The 20w Halostar bulb is plenty for all of them, it gets up to heat at full power in about 1 min and needs about 2/3 power with my Ikea dimmer for use.

Thank you for the inspiration guys :clap::tup:
Without you guys posting I'd never have thought it up myself or started building DiY vapes

brainiac

log wrangler
I'm calling it my Bamloghaloo at the moment :)
This sounds very interesting. Any chance of some pictures?

I bought several adapters from DHGate recently - mostly male/male 14 and 18mm - with a halo build in mind.

brainiac,

Hippie

I spent an hour trying to drill the washers today, and got nowhere so it's still a work in progress at the moment lol
It's very similar to what @blokenoname has done here tho

xnbw5f.jpg

With a few washers around the bulb holder, a choice of standard glass adapters stuffed with loads of mesh to sit on top of the washers, and some bent wire wrapped round the glass and pushed into the cork deck to hold it all together.

Do I need to buy some Tungsten Carbide drill bits to drill the A2 stainless steel ?

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
This is my hand held glass vase version I created with a 20 watt Osram halogen bulb and 12 volt adapter with light dimmer. Believe it or not, The vase stays ice cold, Due to the medical grade silicone doughnut holding the 18 mm borosilicate glass heater cover. The heat from the bulb stays above the ceramic bulb holder. The vapor is warm and never to hot due to the cool fresh air entering the thick glass vase. So thick you can drop it and the only thing you might have to replace is the glass heater cover. Which can be easily replaced by ordering a new one from a well known source.

Last edited:

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
@Vaporooni

Nice work :clap:
Really great all glass halo solution!

Another one putting all the Arizer glass to good use :D (seeing the cyclone bowel and the glass mini whip there). The ceramic socket also providing enough insulation, for the silicone donut holding the glass hc to not get too hot! Nice and simple solution :tup:
And the glass body keeping cool, as the bulb is outside and insulated from it :) Pretty much, how I arranged things in my 'Blow Torch Halo Misty' prototype, I did some days ago.

Edit:
Is this also the EQ's heater cover, you're using there? :cool:

Last edited:
blokenoname,
Reactions: brainiac

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
@Vaporooni

Nice work :clap:
Really great all glass halo solution!

Another one putting all the Arizer glass to good use :D (seeing the cyclone bowel and the glass mini whip there). The ceramic socket also providing enough insulation, for the silicone donut holding the glass hc to not get too hot! Nice and simple solution :tup:
And the glass body keeping cool, as the bulb is outside and insulated from it :) Pretty much, how I arranged things in my 'Blow Torch Halo Misty' prototype, I did some days ago.

Edit:
Is this also the EQ's heater cover, you're using there? :cool:
Yes, All glass parts ordered from Arizer.:nod:

Top Bottom