New Jersey legalization

checkyourlibido

Some interesting excerpts, because of the paywall, hth:

Its store in Paramus will be reserved for medical-use sales only...Green Thumb’s dispensaries in Paterson and Bloomfield — ... will be open for medical and recreational sales
In northern New Jersey, companies approved for expanded sales also operate dispensaries in Elizabeth, Maplewood, Montclair and Rochelle Park. ...there are stores in Bellmawr, Bordentown, Deptford, Edgewater Park, Phillipsburg and Vineland.

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Jill NYC

al bundy

Vaporist
Read that NJ again delayed green light for rec businesses to start selling. So frustrating, I ended up driving to dc the other night to buy some stupid artwork and get a “free gift” of an oz. Lol at the dc gifting system.
There’s guy in jersey sell cookies get free weed
He was on radio

al bundy,

checkyourlibido

There’s guy in jersey sell cookies get free weed
He was on radio
Slumped Kitchen used to do that as well. But they went out of business. They had an ounce for $100 delivered. And a really sleek website and good variety.

rip

f

checkyourlibido,

checkyourlibido

Too bad, I just paid $220 + tax in DC for an oz that was decent buds, not great. I read an article that showed a map of the 7 approved locations and said NJ prices will be $320 - $480/ oz!
Those prices are ridiculous. I mean Slumped Kitchen at $100 an ounce was also ridiculous, but in a good way.

But I don't get the high prices. I prefer the places that let you grow your own. But then states don't squeeze as much $$$ out of as many people.

checkyourlibido,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Those prices are ridiculous. I mean Slumped Kitchen at $100 an ounce was also ridiculous, but in a good way.

But I don't get the high prices. I prefer the places that let you grow your own. But then states don't squeeze as much $$$ out of as many people.

Too bad, I just paid $220 + tax in DC for an oz that was decent buds, not great. I read an article that showed a map of the 7 approved locations and said NJ prices will be $320 - $480/ oz!

In NYC, I pay anywhere from $280-$360 per oz thru alternate channels.
I am expecting and willing to pay more for legal channels - but imo, $435ish should be top of range.

Just to have peace of mind to know where/how/what plant was grown is worth more $$ for me.

Being able to grow your own would also allow that and should definitely be legal.
It‘s hard not to get impatient with the pace of the government.

Dommen

I am expecting and willing to pay more for legal channels - but imo, $435ish should be top of range.

Just to have peace of mind to know where/how/what plant was grown is worth more $$ for me.

Being able to grow your own would also allow that and should definitely be legal.
I agree with your sentiments Jill, I’d rather pay more to be safer. I also want to see what the extra money might get me quality wise next time I make a purchase. I’ll have to scheme a bit about justifying the expenditure to my partner, but at the rate I’m going through what I bought it’ll last me a long time anyway. Works out to a lot less than the $10-$20/day I was spending on cigars.

Adobewan

I'm sure it's occurred to all that if the option is available, you can buy a larger quantity with a couple of friends and significantly lower the cost.
Wish you all had access like SoCal. Top-shelf QPs as low as $600-$700 and the option to grow your own.

checkyourlibido

I'm sure it's occurred to all that if the option is available, you can buy a larger quantity with a couple of friends and significantly lower the cost.
Wish you all had access like SoCal. Top-shelf QPs as low as $600-$700 and the option to grow your own.
I haven't seen anyone advertise a QP. But that's a great point, I might have to ask them. I didn't think growing was legal in Jersey?

checkyourlibido,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I see the price for legal buds is running around $60-$65 per 1/8 (3.5g) PLUS cannabis tax + sales tax brings it up to approximately $67-$73 per 1/8.
Therefore, the price for a legal ounce in NJ is running at around $536-$584.

Holy shite!! That is A LOT!

Edit: these prices are for adult recreational - medical may be lower.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I see the price for legal buds is running around $60-$65 per 1/8 (3.5g) PLUS cannabis tax + sales tax brings it up to approximately $67-$73 per 1/8.
Therefore, the price for a legal ounce in NJ is running at around $536-$584.

Holy shite!! That is A LOT!
That is A LOT. And its too much!
I just looked at Rise prices and they have a 1/2 oz limit, plus I don't see any type of discounts for quantity.
NJ seems to be pretty rough at the beginning stages.

It has taken a couple/few years in Massachusetts, but more stores are open now and today I saw a special on oz's for $170, I think that's a new low for up there! 20% tax on top, so $204 out the door.

But not to worry, Jersey, New York will be along to help out real soon!

FCUK REDDIT

That is A LOT. And its too much!
I just looked at Rise prices and they have a 1/2 oz limit, plus I don't see any type of discounts for quantity.
NJ seems to be pretty rough at the beginning stages.

It has taken a couple/few years in Massachusetts, but more stores are open now and today I saw a special on oz's for $170, I think that's a new low for up there! 20% tax on top, so $204 out the door.

But not to worry, Jersey, New York will be along to help out real soon!

I have a friend in OR that can get decent oz's for around $100 DELIVERED to his door, and top-shelf eigth's are around $50, I believe that includes all taxes but I'll need to ask again.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I need federal legalization. I want to go to Costco for my weed. Or at least the ability to legally grow my own.

This is cost prohibitive for some sick people.
Ha! How great would it be to be able to buy weed in bulk?

I think medical card holders may have a few more options that are less expensive. but I think getting the card costs $100+
Hopefully the prices will come down soon. Or that NY is significantly less when it finally gets going.

Berzzerkker

Ha! How great would it be to be able to buy weed in bulk?

I think medical card holders may have a few more options that are less expensive. but I think getting the card costs $100+
Hopefully the prices will come down soon. Or that NY is significantly less when it finally gets going.

This is the future for NJ, especially as long as everything sold in state needs to be grown in state, NJ is, after all, The Garden State :clap:

Medical card holders here in OR can purchase, and have it delivered to their front door, easier than ordering a Domino's Pizza!

Medical purchase limits:
  • 8 ounces of usable marijuana in one day.
  • 32 ounces in one calendar month per patient.
  • Daily limits are equal to: 16 ounces of cannabinoid in solid form. 72 fluid ounces of cannabinoid in liquid form. 5 grams of cannabinoid extracts or concentrates.
And check out the variety, starting at $50/oz

Top Bottom