• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Need help with temperature and glass tubes. (very new)

ediable vape

The High Habibi
Hi dear FC community, I've been an avid reader of this amazing forum for a few months now and I finally decided to stop combusting my goods.
based on the work of great @aimless_ryan I still am experimenting with heating the tube safely, these tubes were closed so I had to make a hole on the closed side by grinding them very slowly with water I think they came out clean.

HAvZscu.jpg

HAvZiFe.jpg

My problem is that my glass tube cracked after few seconds of torching and I lost hope, the thing is tho the same tube withstanded the torch on its other side for minutes, What did I do wrong ? I got some tubes of different sizes and I'm still testing but I don't want to lose more tubes before knowing the error of my ways. (my thoughts is that because that side was compromised a bit and thinned out by grinding that it broke but i'm not sure.)

another thing I was going to drill small holes into a small ceramic candle holder or cut off a small ceramic salt shaker for heating chamber but I see that everyone is using a steel tea infuser. winch one is better ?

Thank you in advance for the guidance.

Last edited:
ediable vape,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

weedidas

It probably cracked because of the hole stress.

Don't use a ceramic that wasn't originally made for vaping. Only glass, stainless steel, titanium.

Ive made similar glass tube vapes. Heat it directly where the cannabis is while rotating. Don't even need the outer tube. Search youtube biovapo for similar design. Or I would turn around the inner tube and use the non-drilled end as the bowl with a steel screen about 1-2cm inside it. Heat either between the cannabis and the tip of the outer tube, or at the end of the outer tube while pulling the flame heat in, might crack the hole you made.

ediable vape

The High Habibi
It probably cracked because of the hole stress.

Don't use a ceramic that wasn't originally made for vaping. Only glass, stainless steel, titanium.

Ive made similar glass tube vapes. Heat it directly where the cannabis is while rotating. Don't even need the outer tube. Search youtube biovapo for similar design. Or I would turn around the inner tube and use the non-drilled end as the bowl with a steel screen about 1-2cm inside it. Heat either between the cannabis and the tip of the outer tube, or at the end of the outer tube while pulling the flame heat in, might crack the hole you made.
I'm a super noob, I got to a bigger problem when I suck I suck the flower too, and the mesh seems to turn around in the tube... what do I do ?
the heat seems to work fine now I managed to reach 200 c at least around the middle part.

edit: holy fucking shit bro I just put a chunk in there it got stucked I heated it vapor game out... the taste alone was so heavenly and green... never smoking bong again, after 3 days of trying to figure this out I'm high again.

Last edited:
ediable vape,

ediable vape

The High Habibi
after testing more with heat and glassin glass method, wanted to add the equipment and sizes for prosperity.

Use gloves and safety glasses.
test tubes (sizes in mm) 160x16 and 180x18 fit inside very perfectly, a glass grade grinder disk (mine was abrasive stone) put the grinder disk on a carpet or something that holds it in place then slowly move the closed side with half sphere shape around the grinder disk (image it on a grinder but reverse) move it in a way in one point that you want the hole at easy, it might take some time you might get tired, rest do not get shaky do not force or speed up it will break (micro breaks happens if you're hear slight glass cranckle slow down or wash the disk) rest up and start moving and make sure to use plastic or leather gloves, one for safety of a bloody pipe, two because if your hand sweets it will shake the tube and compromises more than your hole.

great, make sure to carefully wash the disk when it gets a bit white because of glass bits, after some time and hard work you hear a tick sound then some glass gets in the tube you're done *you can grind it a tiny bit more to imbiggen the hole to your liking* nice job, now wash it hard, let it dry then use by putting a chunk of weed in the middle (i put .2g in the 160 one then put it in the 180 one) then torch up the middle where the chunk is, while grabbing the end of it with one hand and the mouth bit in your lips, wait 12-15 secs don't go over too much more it will ignite the goods, if you're in a light you can see vapor starting to shape wait don't suck wait 3-4 secs then turn off the torch start sucking slowly (not with full lip suction you don't want suck the slightly decarbed weed) then use your other hand that is now free to move the mouth peace so you can find a decent heat level to your liking.
Stay Green

ediable vape,
Reactions: Knewt

ediable vape

The High Habibi
few more pointers as I learned, if you hold the glass tube in 20-30 degree angle while heating the middle part, the vapor stays in the middle as the cold air in the bottom doesn't allow it to sink and it doesn't come up because your lip is blocking it, it will collect just so you don't have to suck hot air before vapor, one more thing if the cannabis chunk was ignited do not suck or puff just put your fingers in both sides to close any flow it will go out fast, (for few first times it's better to vape while looking into a mirror so you can see if there is amber easily).

ediable vape,

ediable vape

The High Habibi
Make the mesh into a bowl or basket shape like here https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/diy-peace-style-vape.20256/

You'll get better results with ground herb, and a smaller tube like 10mm glass straw. When it's a whole bud only the outside of it vaporizes. It should turn brown when done right.
I did as you instructed and I put some grinnded flower in the mesh that I used my finger to make a bowl out of, it got a bit heavy the bits were brown afterwards but the vapor was so hot for my liking... so i connected the glass end to a hookah base and is it okay if I do that ? would the good participles get wasted in water ? should I go waterless ?

ediable vape,

ediable vape

The High Habibi
man my tubes exploded I think the heat expanded the inner one a bit but 2mm shouldn't be possible with low heat... I got so sad I just put some grinded weed in a steel milk boiler then put an oven safe plastic on top put it on 200c and waited until it turned brown turned off then sucked the vapor out of it, like a sad mom eating ice cream but I was sucking vapor with a straw tearing up a bit too those glass tubes were expansive.. it was funny seeing the plastic get filled like a balloon tho...

ediable vape,

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
That’s a bummer about your tubes. Have you seen this as an option for cheap vaping that has pretty good performance. Cost is very low and can be sourced easily. I actually use a 4 jet torch now and have improved my technique to where it’s almost and instant white wall. The whips with a a narrow intake are the best IMO, it’s harder to inhale the flame down the intake.

ediable vape

The High Habibi
That’s a bummer about your tubes. Have you seen this as an option for cheap vaping that has pretty good performance. Cost is very low and can be sourced easily. I actually use a 4 jet torch now and have improved my technique to where it’s almost and instant white wall. The whips with a a narrow intake are the best IMO, it’s harder to inhale the flame down the intake.
I have no idea what parts and sizes are used in that device but it looks so cool and efficient I already have a hookah that I use for weed if I could turn it into a weed vaporizer it would be amazing tho again I need part names because here there are no bongs or vapes to buy just parts and tools to make one with.

ediable vape,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have no idea what parts and sizes are used in that device but it looks so cool and efficient I already have a hookah that I use for weed if I could turn it into a weed vaporizer it would be amazing tho again I need part names because here there are no bongs or vapes to buy just parts and tools to make one with.
Yep, as Shit Snacks said, I think it's just a whip adapter, double bowl, and a plug-to-plug WPA. Unless I missed something.

Grass Yes,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
If you already have a Hookah, you could vape with that. Is the bowl removable? What size is the stem? There are a number of vapes that could turn your Hookah into a vape. Log vapes or perhaps a Cannabis Hardware B1 injector?

ediable vape

The High Habibi
oh boy these are not acceptable here I live in Iran. the closest thing I can get to these are maybe a durable beaker and some steel straws... although I already got the mesh... but in the video even the lighter is so cool and torch like... mine's is a single torch peasant lighter.
like what is that big ass glass bit at the end (the hookah part) like where do I find such a thing.
and these lab glasseware are extremely expansive here (based on local lab supplier prices) , like one bit alone is equal to 3 grams of high quality cannabis.

ediable vape

The High Habibi
If you already have a Hookah, you could vape with that. Is the bowl removable? What size is the stem? There are a number of vapes that could turn your Hookah into a vape. Log vapes or perhaps a Cannabis Hardware B1 injector?
Its a small one person hookah but almost all the bits open up and can get detached.

I used to just put a mesh in that small piece and use it as a bowl, and stem is adjustable as it is a hollow screw.
H7MpyaS.jpg

H7MppF2.jpg

Last edited:
ediable vape,

ediable vape

The High Habibi
I believe that is the FC-UFO: https://www.popularglass.com/index.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=230&reviews_id=342

Sorry hear glassware is hard to come by there. I am surprised that cannabis is easy to find, but I suppose it easy to grow flower. Harder to grow a bong.
yeah man its crazy like with the price of a dry vape (tho its very very hard to come by) I can get 2 kg of high quality buds from my dealer...
so I wanted to built one myself and it doesn't matter if its static as long as it works. right now high quality weed is 1380 usd per killo and medium quality is 400 per killo, in my region, tho I get cheaper prices because I rent a plot rather than buying straight flower.

Last edited:
ediable vape,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
yeah man its crazy like with the price of a dry vape (tho its hard to come by) I can get 2 kg of high quality buds from my dealer...
so I wanted to built one myself and it doesn't matter if its static as long as it works. right now high quality weed is 1380 usd per killo and medium quality is 400 per killo, in my region.
Yep, that would be an excellent price for weed here ($11-36 per oz). Top shelf at the store down the street from me is $150-$200 per oz.

Grass Yes,

ediable vape

The High Habibi
Yep, that would be an excellent price for weed here ($11-36 per oz). Top shelf at the store down the street from me is $150-$200 per oz.
well it makes sense I make like 50 dollars a month it would be impossible to get high if the price was as high as it is over there, mind if I ask what state is the price from ?

ediable vape,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
well it makes sense I make like 50 dollars a month it would be impossible to get high if the price was as high as it is over there, mind if I ask what state is the price from ?
It's in Washington state. To be fair, $50-$80 an oz is common for good weed too. Either way. Much more expensive. Obviously tons of factors in the difference in price in our regions.

ediable vape

The High Habibi
Okay so this mesh fits perfectly in my bowl can I just put a foil and coal on top and vaporize it ? like why not ?
H7V0y9R.jpg

ediable vape,
Reactions: YaMon

ediable vape

The High Habibi
I did it but I got a big hit then everything was brown, (the glass had few hits in it tho), is that how long dry vaping lasts ? (not complaining i'm high twice my size right now was just wondering if I did something wrong) I put small amount tho like 0.05 g.

ediable vape,
Reactions: Grass Yes

ediable vape

The High Habibi
okay tbf I''m really fucking high right now, but the coal making and foil making and all that took like 10 minutes for 60 seconds of vapor so I can make a ritual out of this or figure out a charcoal replacement heating element...

ediable vape,
Top Bottom