Need a high quality portable Vape within a week, cant wait for shipping. Deep draws and good taste matter most to me. What should I go with?

Texus

Yeah @adam w the dynavap is extremely impressive for its price point imo. Tinymight is a great choice, but if you can get a DV faster and put up with the butane (its really not so difficult to use imo,
had me getting great hits on my first usage) this would be a cheap temp solution if the TM won't make it to you in time. I think other vapes taste better and I want an electronic portable for use in public because the torch isn't very discrete, but if I'm hiking or bicycling or something where I have some solitude and would be worried about breaking a glass stem anyway (or the entire vape if I fell on a bicycle--not sure I'd want to land on any $200+ electric device) the SS dynavap is what I bring along.
Yup. This. DV is just a stunner and so versatile.

Kins

By the time I weighed it all out I didn't want to spend almost as much as a top tier without getting top tier so I went with the Tinymight and will just wait for it.

Looks like it's just a beast from all reviews

Anyone dealt with Docteur Vaperizuer?

Great choice. I can't really stand the dynavap. Tinymight destroys the dynavap though. It's a much better device.

mmx

Nobody mentioned Solo 2. It can pump clouds (I use it at 180-190C with a 3D glass stem when on the road), a vapor at the start is A++, battery life is desktop-level :D also at your price range. I have most of the best vapes for flavour and solo still surprises me.

Don't have Tinymight, I believe it's an amazing vape, but Solo is a basic machine that just won't let you down.

Texus

Great choice. I can't really stand the dynavap. Tinymight destroys the dynavap though. It's a much better device.
Ah yes, can't mention DV without @Kins popping in to express his dislike of it. Care to explain why you think the "Tinymight destroys the dynavap."? In what ways?

I'd have tried the TM by now, but wow did those customer service issues scare me off. It'll be at least 6 months to a year before I'd buy a TM based on those complaints. Just need to be certain that those issues described in the TM thread and the spin off thread specifically about TM complaints are actually resolved. But still curious where TM stands in relation to other options with regard to things like cleaning, durability, microdosing, flavor, clouds, reliability, etc. There are so many factors that broad generalizations aren't as helpful...

But I will say that DV still has a prominent place in my vape collection, even though I've got a Bowle and Sticky Brick Maxx (plus my desktop hitters like VapBong). Easy, quick efficient, thick clouds, easily accommodates microdosing, and will survive any abuse you throw its way. And then there is the level of control that you have over the hits. Not just temp, but also the full heating profile. Which means there is a learning curve, but hardly a barrier to enjoyment for most. And once you have it dialed in.... Wow.

My 2 cents.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Ah yes, can't mention DV without @Kins popping in to express his dislike of it. Care to explain why you think the "Tinymight destroys the dynavap."? In what ways?
Seriously. If one couldn't figure out the (pretty simple if I'm being honest) lighter technique, that's a you problem. Skip the personal vendetta/ax grinding. Not every vaporizer is for everyone--I have grievances with DV's QC myself, sure makes buying tips to use with my Woodscents annoying--but the pattern of this particular user showing up to dog on a vape that LOOOOOOOOOTS of people enjoy is transparent and just kind of dumb. At least leave a cogent criticism so that newer users understand the potential pitfalls.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Recommendation for what comes closest in terms of big fat deep draws and clouds?
If you're going to wait I also recommend the Tinymight. I have a Fury Edge as a low cost, small session vape but it doesn't come close to the power, flavor, speed, and vapor quality of the Tinymight.

Edit: I see you made your choice and I think it was a good one!

Kins

I'd have tried the TM by now, but wow did those customer service issues scare me off. It'll be at least 6 months to a year before I'd buy a TM based on those complaints. Just need to be certain that those issues described in the TM thread and the spin off thread specifically about TM complaints are actually resolved. But still curious where TM stands in relation to other options with regard to things like cleaning, durability, microdosing, flavor, clouds, reliability, etc. There are so many factors that broad generalizations aren't as helpful...

But I will say that DV still has a prominent place in my vape collection, even though I've got a Bowle and Sticky Brick Maxx (plus my desktop hitters like VapBong). Easy, quick efficient, thick clouds, easily accommodates microdosing, and will survive any abuse you throw its way. And then there is the level of control that you have over the hits. Not just temp, but also the full heating profile. Which means there is a learning curve, but hardly a barrier to enjoyment for most. And once you have it dialed in.... Wow.

My 2 cents.

It's just my opinion. Really don't want to get into an argument why one is better than the other though. I'm sure there are a lot more people like me but they don't post their opinion because they don't want to be bothered or deal with the mob of Dynavap lovers. Yes you guys love it and I see that posted over and over. However to humor you I will say again that I don't like the dynavap due to having to learn a new skill to use it, messing with different torches to get it to work correctly, having to purchase a heater separately for more than the cost of the device. I've tried both devices and the dynavap I returned. Dynavap is more of a toy in which you can purchase accessories till the cows come home, so much so that it can become a money pit. Really though I don't want to drag this out. I've said my peace more than once on this and certainly don't want to derail this thread.

Seriously. If one couldn't figure out the (pretty simple if I'm being honest) lighter technique, that's a you problem. Skip the personal vendetta/ax grinding. Not every vaporizer is for everyone--I have grievances with DV's QC myself, sure makes buying tips to use with my Woodscents annoying--but the pattern of this particular user showing up to dog on a vape that LOOOOOOOOOTS of people enjoy is transparent and just kind of dumb. At least leave a cogent criticism so that newer users understand the potential pitfalls.

So when someone asks about my experience with a Dynavap than I should ignore that because my opinion or experience differs from other users?. I get it, don't want to upset the popular kids. If I have a difference of opinion I should just keep my mouth shut....will do.

Kins,

gordontreeman

@Kins to be clear, I don’t “love” the dynavap. I think it’s a good value and it fits a niche I need by being indestructible. I tried to be clear in stating that the lighter isn’t exactly a discrete option. The issue with your comments is it’s just “dv sucks, xyz is better.” There’s no useful feedback or constructive criticism there. When pressed you mentioned the learning curve and accessories. I don’t find either necessary, but I’ll grant that those are subjective and having your take is fine. Maybe just include them from the get go so there’s a value-add to your post.

purepotstill

Nobody mentioned Solo 2. It can pump clouds (I use it at 180-190C with a 3D glass stem when on the road), a vapor at the start is A++, battery life is desktop-level :D also at your price range. I have most of the best vapes for flavour and solo still surprises me.

Don't have Tinymight, I believe it's an amazing vape, but Solo is a basic machine that just won't let you down.
Just sold mine to a friend. Was my 1st vape, but it was gathering dust since I received my VapCaps and their glass stem. But as said above, it really comes to user preference. I've lent a VapCap with the Solo 2 to my friend to test before buying, and he's really preferred the Arizer.

purepotstill,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

adam w

Just sold mine to a friend. Was my 1st vape, but it was gathering dust since I received my VapCaps and their glass stem. But as said above, it really comes to user preference. I've lent a VapCap with the Solo 2 to my friend to test before buying, and he's really preferred the Arizer.
I had a Solo way back and didnt like it unfortunately

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I thought I saw they were coming out with an option minus the bowl. If that happens I'd probably buy it

I don't understand. Why wouldn't you want the bowl? Are they coming out with a non-bowl type insert (a single-dose pod or something similar?) as an alternative to the standard ceramic bowl? What material would they be using? How would that even work?

adam w

I don't understand. Why wouldn't you want the bowl? Are they coming out with a non-bowl type insert (a single-dose pod or something similar?) as an alternative to the standard ceramic bowl? What material would they be using? How would that even work?
Doesnt seem too complicated to me..

I dont want the bowl

Ramahs

Doesnt seem too complicated to me..

I dont want the bowl

That's what I'm asking about. What would you be using in place of the bowl? What compartment would you put your load in if the bowl is removed? I assumed that there is nothing else in the stem to keep the herb in place if the ceramic bowl is not used. Am I wrong?

condition

That's what I'm asking about. What would you be using in place of the bowl? What compartment would you put your load in if the bowl is removed? I assumed that there is nothing else in the stem to keep the herb in place if the ceramic bowl is not used. Am I wrong?
I think by bowl he means the drinking container not the capsules which are necessary.

gordontreeman

I think by bowl he means the drinking container not the capsules which are necessary.
That was my read as well, but maybe @adam w can confirm?

I’d be shocked if they offered it at a much lower price without the cup though. How much can an acrylic cup really cost? I get there’s markup but I can’t see them knocking more than like $20 off.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

adam w

That was my read as well, but maybe @adam w can confirm?

I’d be shocked if they offered it at a much lower price without the cup though. How much can an acrylic cup really cost? I get there’s markup but I can’t see them knocking more than like $20 off.
I love the tech

Just dont like the bulk,cost and novelty

gordontreeman

I love the tech

Just dont like the bulk,cost and novelty
Yeah I hear you. It’s too big even without the cup to be a true portable to my mind—I guess portable to me implies pocketable and a better battery life. Maybe if I travelled to hotels or cabins or something enough. And I have plenty of cups so I can just grab my own, but I just can’t imagine they’d remove the cup and knock off a significant amount of money, personally.

gordontreeman,

adam w

Yeah I hear you. It’s too big even without the cup to be a true portable to my mind—I guess portable to me implies pocketable and a better battery life. Maybe if I travelled to hotels or cabins or something enough. And I have plenty of cups so I can just grab my own, but I just can’t imagine they’d remove the cup and knock off a significant amount of money, personally.
Yeah I agree def not a portable. For 370 you may as well get a volcano lol

adam w,

passenger

is this thing on?
Dynavap is great. I can understand if personal preferences differ but it is the ultimate travel vape. Indestructible nearly. If your torch dies you could even use a BIC Lighter. It's dirt cheap compared to other good vapes and is super efficient.
Drop a Vapcap from the second floor on the street and try that with any electric vape. Run it over with a car. Also, weighs not much, especially if you go titanium. Super essy maintanance. I could go on like this for a while...
If you are deaf, a bad choice though. And don't put the hot end in your mouth... Of course.

passenger,

passenger

is this thing on?
Didn't say that, did I. The M21 is. You could look up older M Models and it would even cheaper...

passenger,

Ramahs

Ahhh. Got you. They mean the cup.

I've just never heard "bowl" to not mean the place where you put the herb to be vaporized.

Ramahs,
Reactions: mixchu69
Top Bottom