Need a high quality portable Vape within a week, cant wait for shipping. Deep draws and good taste matter most to me. What should I go with?

adam w

I'd love to wait for a well made European model but dont have the time

I was set for the Utillian but see bad reviews for taste. Same story w the Mighty

Anyone recommend a solid glass free non butane portable to use for the shot term?

Texus

Dynavap. Either with a butane torch or look for an induction heater. A number of IH models being offered out of Europe, don't just look at DynaVap's own models. in the US the SJK "Dental wax heater" is the cheapest way to go for IH, but there are also great portable, battery-powered models out there too.

ChilledAsian

to confuse you even further look into a tinymight, tetra p80, tetraX, dreamwood glow, (coming soon) HR rogue, dotleaf....

ChilledAsian,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Is price an object here? If I knew this was a purchase for whatever is in a week and I was eventually going to upgrade, I might make some compromises to keep the price low, but maybe you just want the best available?

I haven't used all of these, so they're just things to look into based on what you described wanting:
  • Fury Edge (I think it has a small amount of glass inside of the mouthpiece, but its shrouded in plastic so seems reasonably safe/durable)
  • POTV One (I think this has a glass stem so maybe not to your liking)
  • XMax Starry V3
  • Firefly 2+ (kind of spendy but no glass, on demand, and supposedly quite tasty but requires some technique)
  • Magic Flight Launch Box
I don't know that any of these are going to be anyone's favorites around here, but again, just throwing out options for the timeline/no glass need. I do think its worth thinking about that initial question though. I wouldn't want to spend $250 on a FF2+ just to pick up a Tinymight or something down the road (unless the down the road timeline is way down the road), but that is just me.

gordontreeman,

adam w

If price, stealth and battery life is not a problem, check out the Tafee Bowle.
Deep draws, excellent flavour and cool as F*ck vapor every singe time.
Do you have to use the bowl?

Is price an object here? If I knew this was a purchase for whatever is in a week and I was eventually going to upgrade, I might make some compromises to keep the price low, but maybe you just want the best available?

I haven't used all of these, so they're just things to look into based on what you described wanting:
  • Fury Edge (I think it has a small amount of glass inside of the mouthpiece, but its shrouded in plastic so seems reasonably safe/durable)
  • POTV One (I think this has a glass stem so maybe not to your liking)
  • XMax Starry V3
  • Firefly 2+ (kind of spendy but no glass, on demand, and supposedly quite tasty but requires some technique)
  • Magic Flight Launch Box
I don't know that any of these are going to be anyone's favorites around here, but again, just throwing out options for the timeline/no glass need. I do think its worth thinking about that initial question though. I wouldn't want to spend $250 on a FF2+ just to pick up a Tinymight or something down the road (unless the down the road timeline is way down the road), but that is just me.
Great list thanks for the recommendations

Yeah trying to keep it as low as possible. Just for vacation I have a flowerpot at home

Just looking to spend like $150 on something that doesn't taste bad and can pump cloud

purepotstill

Links by chance please?

Hope I'm not breaking any rule. Please delete if.

gordontreeman

@adam w if its not strictly a week and you are ok with the slight gamble the TM has a lot of fans. There have been some issues with QC that are hopefully resolved--its sure tempting to me as well.

Otherwise for <$150 fast a Fury Edge would be my choice. Their reputation is really solid. Its session style, but it heats up fast enough that a lot of people just turn them off after it gets up to temp and take a drag or two.

adam w

@adam w if its not strictly a week and you are ok with the slight gamble the TM has a lot of fans. There have been some issues with QC that are hopefully resolved--its sure tempting to me as well.

Otherwise for <$150 fast a Fury Edge would be my choice. Their reputation is really solid. Its session style, but it heats up fast enough that a lot of people just turn them off after it gets up to temp and take a drag or two.
Thanks for this great reply

Wish Ihad longer but I was lazy lol. I may just pack doobs and go for the TM

The TM looks like a great model

Can anyone vouch for ordering from the French sites? My 1st time

purepotstill

I'm French, Lacentralevapeur.com has a top notch service, and they ship quickly. About the mail, it's usually fast, but you can sometimes have some delay, as with every local mail (worst for me was USPS, had a parcel which has turned twice around the whole USA before departing to France...).

purepotstill,

howie105

I'd love to wait for a well made European model but dont have the time

I was set for the Utillian but see bad reviews for taste. Same story w the Mighty

Anyone recommend a solid glass free non butane portable to use for the shot term?
Within a week? Shop local.

adam w

By the time I weighed it all out I didn't want to spend almost as much as a top tier without getting top tier so I went with the Tinymight and will just wait for it.

Looks like it's just a beast from all reviews

Anyone dealt with Docteur Vaperizuer?

I'm French, Lacentralevapeur.com has a top notch service, and they ship quickly. About the mail, it's usually fast, but you can sometimes have some delay, as with every local mail (worst for me was USPS, had a parcel which has turned twice around the whole USA before departing to France...).
Just seen you reply..can you comment on DoctorVaperurizer?

purepotstill

No, I always buy my vapes and accesories at lacentralevapeur. Never had a problem with them, even when changing my mind about an order and wanting to retire an item or add another.

purepotstill,

Cannabiker

Dynavap. I'll bet you can pick up a 2020m quickly. It ticks all your boxes. Even though it's mostly conduction, the first rip off a DV is pure, terpy flavor. Past that its flavor drops off, and aggressive heating will lead to burnt popcorn, but you can control for that. The only downside is it can take some time to perfect your technique, so you might spend some of your vacation learning to use it. Well, that and it looks like you're heating a crack pipe when you use a torch (getting a good portable IH in a short period of time will be harder and more expensive).

Cannabiker,

gordontreeman

Yeah @adam w the dynavap is extremely impressive for its price point imo. Tinymight is a great choice, but if you can get a DV faster and put up with the butane (its really not so difficult to use imo,
had me getting great hits on my first usage) this would be a cheap temp solution if the TM won't make it to you in time. I think other vapes taste better and I want an electronic portable for use in public because the torch isn't very discrete, but if I'm hiking or bicycling or something where I have some solitude and would be worried about breaking a glass stem anyway (or the entire vape if I fell on a bicycle--not sure I'd want to land on any $200+ electric device) the SS dynavap is what I bring along.

Top Bottom