• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

My MJ Journey

GenYHippie

Had a few nice experiences today 1) the person who delivered my order actually was the maker of the new topical i bought :) how cool! 2) the person from my main dispensary who helped guide me through it all as a newbie remembered my favorite strain and gave me a call to let me know it will be back in stock soon. what a sweetie :). 3) the theme discount day saved me $12 (so basically a free gram) and i found out im eligible for their disability discount program.

Currently back to looking at other portable vapes. Love my solo still keep my MFLB in my purse but the MFLB still dries me out too much and its obviously not practical to carry water tools with me all the time. Solo is a bit bulky and im always nervous about my stems since its my main vape. Figure someone will be having a christmas or new years type sale so browse i shall :)

horst

horsed
i am jealously, how awesome it seems to live in a state like yours :tup:

About a new vape I share your need for something new, I just ordered myself a Crafty by Storz & Bickel. It's a brand new vape from a german manufactor. It's a bit pricey but seems to be very portable. You can set exact temperatur settings via smartphone and seems very easy to handle and use. Also it got a bigger brother named Mighty, same technology but with direct temperatur control via display and double the battery power, but larger and heavier. I am really excited to get my hands on this device soon, it will replace my MFLB for a stealth use in public hopefully.

Maybe it suits your needs as well?

GenYHippie

i am jealously, how awesome it seems to live in a state like yours :tup:

About a new vape I share your need for something new, I just ordered myself a Crafty by Storz & Bickel. It's a brand new vape from a german manufactor. It's a bit pricey but seems to be very portable. You can set exact temperatur settings via smartphone and seems very easy to handle and use. Also it got a bigger brother named Mighty, same technology but with direct temperatur control via display and double the battery power, but larger and heavier. I am really excited to get my hands on this device soon, it will replace my MFLB for a stealth use in public hopefully.

Maybe it suits your needs as well?

For sure Horst California has its perks :)! Thanks for the info on the Crafty id never heard of it before i will add it to the list of possibles to look into though it does soun a bit out of my range. Im trying to save up $150 USD so i can get something on the nicer side.

GenYHippie,
Reactions: CarolKing

GenYHippie

Feeling fustrated tonight. Have family in a non-legal state in a bad situation right now an all i want is to be there for them an for various reasons i cant. I feel like a refugee in my own state! Even if i got medical clearance to fly i wouldnt last long there without MJ. And though it wouldnt be hard to get it my low tolerance an hypersensitive system makes me not want to risk being "intoxicated" on an illegal substance in a state on the opposite side of the country. Nor with all the security would it be worth the federal charges for trying to sneak my own on a plane :( so i feel stuck.

All i can do is write, call, and hope its enough to help them get through this. Though im very grateful for MJ im a bit resentful at the moment. Really its not the MJ its the laws but well the MJ is easier to blame lol. Though honestly im more angry at my body for not working in the first place.

The stress is causing alot of pain so i think i may break into my high CBD stash again. I have one thats suppose to be an 8:1 ratio so hopefully it wont knock me around like cannatonic did. *sighs* well i guess just feeling powerless and needed a vent. Thanks

GenYHippie

Feeling motivated in the clutter clearing department and where else would i start but in my stash ;)? Today i worked on cleaning my vapes and grinders, ground more of my staple and pre-sorted my newest grams (indica/hybrid/sativa), and hunted down a more appropriate container to move it all to. So next session will be cleaning out its new home, packing up the old home, and getting all my sorted grams put away and getting my edibles more accessible.

Can you tell i have OCD tenencies yet?

GenYHippie

Well looks like ill be fining out the most effective way to clean my MFLB. Cold weather stiff joints and a stuck battery ended in near combustion. I was coughing pretty baddly for a half hour and i never even used it. Just the escaping cloud got me good an now my box reeks :(. Going to go with the much recommenced barely dampened q-tip with alcohol and leave it out of its case to breath a bit. Gla ihave my solo for backup

GenYHippie,
Reactions: CarolKing

GenYHippie

I did good! I tried a new strain last night. I love my querkle but its not enough to put me out at night anymore so i tried Mr. Nice. I did wind myself up a bit getting anxious about it but nothing bad happened other than psyching myself out hahaha. I did go light and easy so im trying again tonight but im really grateful i didnt feel the same way i did when i tried GDP. Its funny its been 10 months and im just now having enough of a tolerance to feel secure to experiment.

Hopefully if it keeps going well ill be up for some daytime hybrid or sativa. This dark, cold time of year is really keeping me down. I would very much like a pick me up waiting for me in my vape.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Feeling fustrated tonight. Have family in a non-legal state in a bad situation right now an all i want is to be there for them an for various reasons i cant. I feel like a refugee in my own state! Even if i got medical clearance to fly i wouldnt last long there without MJ. And though it wouldnt be hard to get it my low tolerance an hypersensitive system makes me not want to risk being "intoxicated" on an illegal substance in a state on the opposite side of the country. Nor with all the security would it be worth the federal charges for trying to sneak my own on a plane :( so i feel stuck.

All i can do is write, call, and hope its enough to help them get through this. Though im very grateful for MJ im a bit resentful at the moment. Really its not the MJ its the laws but well the MJ is easier to blame lol. Though honestly im more angry at my body for not working in the first place.

The stress is causing alot of pain so i think i may break into my high CBD stash again. I have one thats suppose to be an 8:1 ratio so hopefully it wont knock me around like cannatonic did. *sighs* well i guess just feeling powerless and needed a vent. Thanks
I feel for your situation! If things progress to the point where you have to visit them for whatever reason, you may consider the below options...

* Ship yourself the Solo, its charger and "clean" stems. Use USPS, as that mail can't be opened without court orders (unlike UPS or Fedex).
* Secure yourself a local supplier. There may be someone on FC who knows the target location and how to begin searching for a supplier or may even wish to help directly.

Also, have you ever considered traveling by train? Takes longer but I'd be surprised if it was as "strict" as flying.

Fingers crossed that you find a way to help! That's my :2c: x :2c:

GenYHippie

I feel for your situation! If things progress to the point where you have to visit them for whatever reason, you may consider the below options...

* Ship yourself the Solo, its charger and "clean" stems. Use USPS, as that mail can't be opened without court orders (unlike UPS or Fedex).
* Secure yourself a local supplier. There may be someone on FC who knows the target location and how to begin searching for a supplier or may even wish to help directly.

Also, have you ever considered traveling by train? Takes longer but I'd be surprised if it was as "strict" as flying.

Fingers crossed that you find a way to help! That's my :2c: x :2c:

Hi DDave :) thank you! I didnt know that about USPS thats promising. Oh id love to travel by train but my health issues make that very restrictive. On a trip that long i need to bring IV fluids and meds and i doubt my doc would write for that when i could fly instead. Really appreciate the advice :)

GenYHippie,
Reactions: DDave

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This is a special day for me. Two years combustion free. My sincere thank you to the help of FC members I no longer combust and I have my medical certification. I can find the strain of cannabis I need for pain. I have the opportunity to find creams and lotions that also help with pain. I no longer just get the herb that the friend has to offer at a huge price.

Now that cannabis is legal in WA it's too expensive at the rec stores for a medical user. There are very few stores around in the area where I live. There aren't that many rec stores open state wide. Not enough to serve medical users if dispensaries are forced to close. That's a worry I hope gets dealt with this legislative session.
:leaf::peace:

Last edited:

GenYHippie

Happy Anniversary @CarolKing ! Hope the dispensaries dont dispensary on you an you can get affordable meds. Ive found more places are offering "compassionate care" programs. The usual qualifiers are veterans, disability/social security, and terminal illness. The one i just applie for is 10-15% off all meds plus some freebies donate by various companies

GenYHippie

Thanks @grokit good to remember.

I am again happy surprised by the extra "perk" side effects of MJ. Had a miserable case of hiccups from about 5pm-4am and on top of nausea...well yeah not good. I vaped because they were going to make me puke but after 10 minutes i realized the hiccups stopped :). It only knocked them out for about 2 hours at a time but 2 more puffs and i was ok again. So thankful for another thing MJ can help.

GenYHippie

Well i did it :) my first renewal! For some reason my renewal ate was at 11 months rather than 12 but it was easy enough. Just took in my new diagnosis paperwork to update my records and i was done in about 30 minutes. Since i went back to the same doc and have ha more tests done since then he referred me to a more "exclusive" dispensary they work with. You can only go if your doc refers you they had a nice selection, reasonable prices, an everything was super fresh an well organized. Be going back for sure next time im down that way. I picked up a topical since my local place was out of what i use, some lozenges, and two grams to play with.

So much less stressed now. I was only 2 days expired but i tend to have bad luck so i wanted to be covered

GenYHippie

Here's a good giggle for ya ;). This container filled to the brim is 2 fluid oz and inside is one full year of my ABV! Granted i have had some edibles and use alot of topical but this is all my flower matter in my first year of my MM card.

GenYHippie

Sometimes i just have to giggle at my world since MMJ. I just did my renewal and now my 60+ year old mother is asking me what the process is to apply. Who would have thought two people who had never tried any form of MJ would both be trying it later on in life lol. Im helping her get her medical records together so i can refer her to my doc so she gets a discounted rate. It will be cool once she gets her card to see if it helps her. She has had decades of chronic pain and a car accident a few years ago really took it over the top. She doesnt respond well to conventional pain killers so im hoping she may find relief in our little green friend.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
That's fabulous, GenY!

My daughter came to visit on Saturday, and I showed her my little medical garden. She turns towards me, arches one eyebrow up, and goes, "hmm, okay Mom..." She is 38, and has several things going on that qualifies her in WA for a recommendation.. but she will not try it. That's okay, at her age, I would not either.

I think it is so wonderful that more of us people with life-experience is getting out there, letting the world know that this is good medicine!

:) Go Moms!

GenYHippie

That's fabulous, GenY!

My daughter came to visit on Saturday, and I showed her my little medical garden. She turns towards me, arches one eyebrow up, and goes, "hmm, okay Mom..." She is 38, and has several things going on that qualifies her in WA for a recommendation.. but she will not try it. That's okay, at her age, I would not either.

I think it is so wonderful that more of us people with life-experience is getting out there, letting the world know that this is good medicine!

:) Go Moms!

Thats great she is exposed to it through you. So somewhere down the line if she keeps getting told she is out of options she knows there is another they prefer not to mention :). I think i was probably the only 24 year old id ever met who had never tried it or been around it lol.

GenYHippie

Thinking im ready to make my own tincture :) back to reading i shall go! I was accepted into my dispensaries terminal/incurable illness program and on my first order after enrolling they very generously gave 3 grams each of some great strains. I think ill use tone bag for the tincture start small and see how my body does with it. Just need to pick up some appropriate booze an im ready to go

ETA: Hmmm ok after a few hours of browsing and reading it seems the freezer would be the less fuss method for a small amount. Just trying to figure out if i use lower proof alcohol if i need to leave it longer... Im a super light weight so potentcy isnt much concern. It woulbehar for me to find a high proof made from something allergy safe for me and i cant stand a strong burn. So im hoping i can find something 80-90 proof that i can use. I think trader joes has a gluten free potato free vodka.... i will check it it out.

Last edited:

GenYHippie

Alright first tincture is underway :)! Decided to make it a bit mild i can always evaporate it to concentrate but im still very low tolerance an edibles even less so. 3.69g shake and (if it doesnt come out well i wont feel too bad an its mostly from purps) 4oz 80 proof booze.

Just finished sanitizing the jar now ive got the grind in decarbing at 250F in a foil packet. Im sorta guesstimating time and temp. I usually vape at 350 but the ABV from that now so tasty blech. Since its lower i may let it go 30 minutes with a turn and shake halfway through unless it smells one at 15 minutes.

Then ill mix it an put in the freezer it goes for at least a week. Got a nice spot in front where ill remember to shake it up daily. Hope it comes out well.

GenYHippie

Ok battery died last night. I id strained it its a pretty golden hue :). My jar leaked a little so out of the 4oz i put in i got 3oz out. Seems .5 ounce spilled and the rest i couldnt quite wring out of the sediment. But i think thats still a good turn out for a lightweight like me making it for the first time. Everything hurts an the time change is killing me so i think ill try some tonight. My stomach isnt happy today so hopefully a few drops under the tongue wont hurt anything.

GenYHippie,
Top Bottom