Mother of god it's hot here in the PNW

TommyDee

Vaporitor
That was nasty last year here in PDX for sure. There was a cold-front weather event along the Rockies that made it unbearable as all the smoke was pushed west. I'm hoping it was a fluke event but yea, who knows what our wildfire exposure will be.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Well, that just happened!:
Hearing the thunder getting closer by the minute, I kept putting off relocating in one of the sheds so I had to make the "mad dash"... stupid delayed weather maps, it swelled up huge right before passing over... barely made it!

Edit: See:
40E90A49-9454-480F-A580-D865BC34FCB8.jpeg
While mostly kidding, this is very typical around here late on hot, humid days... I just thought it was going to skirt us... nope.

After hitting 95°, it's 72°F now.... :tup:

Edit 2: round 2 imminent... this time with more lightning... BOOYA!:
3A107F55-B917-49BA-8509-2AD541076605.jpeg
Time to relocate inside to console Rocky... is it dab-time already...?

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape

Well, that just happened!:
Hearing the thunder getting closer by the minute, I kept putting off relocating in one of the sheds so I had to make the "mad dash"... stupid delayed weather maps, it swelled up huge right before passing over... barely made it!

Edit: See:
View attachment 9903
While mostly kidding, this is very typical around here late on hot, humid days... I just thought it was going to skirt us... nope.

After hitting 95°, it's 72°F now.... :tup:
Love that roof........until it needs redoing.
😍

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I've experienced these temperatures, 0% humidity dry in the desert in India, and 100% wet humid in Africa; I would take the dry heat every time, so long as you have water to drink, up to a litre every hour! But it's still intense!!

Sincerely hope you guys get a break soon, here it's a very moderate ~20°C I crave the warmer temperatures, there's a part of me that is envious :)

CrazyDiamond

Spirit of the Dark Horse
Thunderstorms here, as always this time of year, in the afternoon. Took this pic from the office today...almost looks like a mushroom cloud!
vcWhvHM.jpg

stark1

Lonesome Planet
On a positive note on climate change,
the higher CO2 levels have made the plant life more robust. more lush around here.

In the Valley, the trees are flourishing as never before, flowers, grass, and corn are shooting for the skies.

Our island garden

—CO2 levels are also slowly rising, it seems....

On a geologic time scale

:sherlock:

Last edited:
Top Bottom