more effecient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwien

I had a DBV.........not efficient at all.

Heard that the Herbie is VERY efficient.

lwien,

champ3185

well ya efficiency is my main concern but everyone that has a dbv loves it and it does seem to be the most durable. which one to choose..............

champ3185,

champ3185

hmmmm. what to do? i guess ill go for the herbalaire. as i said, for me efficiency is the name of the game..is it possible to vaporbong with it? i presume it is

champ

champ3185,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
What is your definition of 'efficient'?

THAT is the question that begs to be answered and IMO it appears to have a dual meaning.

1. Efficient in the fact that it extracts every single little bit of goodness within your given session.
2. Efficient in the fact that it uses the minimal amount of herb to get the job done.

BOTH my MZ and SSV are 'efficient' but in different categories :)

AGBeer,

lwien

Good point, AG.

To the OP, I was referring to #2 in AG's post above.

lwien,

champ3185

lwien said:
Good point, AG.

To the OP, I was referring to #2 in AG's post above.

That was what i was getting at also. what i am after is the most efficient vape i can get my hands on but i cant get a log vape where i live. that leaves me with dbv or herbalaire. have the lb and vs, now im looking for something i can plug in and get vaked.

thanks for the help
champ

champ3185,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Hmmmmm, then I guess the question comes into play as to which delivery system do you want?
Whip or Bag? (I know, so many things to take into consideration when you arent just arbitrarily burning it anymore :p)

Ive never had the experience of using the HA, but from what I hear it is (my #1 comment) efficient, but doesnt do the whip too well (which also translates to vaporbonging will be difficult)

I DO have an SSV and it is rather similar to the DBV. You said you want to get vaked right? I cant speak for the HA, but the SSV/DBV will easily accomodate your desires

AGBeer,

champ3185

after further reading on this site and watching some of tokins class vids im goin with dbv. im excited. thanks for the help guys

champ

champ3185,

lwien

champ3185 said:
after further reading on this site and watching some of tokins class vids im goin with dbv. im excited. thanks for the help guys

champ

Great choice. Great vape. Will get you blasted, but expect to go through a good bit of herb doing it.

lwien,

Egzoset

Banned
Besides extraction and amount considerations i'd like to add this one:

3) Air-to-vapor ratio (dosage)

:peace:

Egzoset,

max

Out to lunch
Egzoset said:
Besides extraction and amount considerations i'd like to add this one:

3) Air-to-vapor ratio (dosage)

That's not generally used to describe dosage, unless it's per hit. A vape can be extremely efficient, in all ways, and have a high air/vapor ratio (low amount of vapor per hit). That doesn't mean it can't do a great job of getting all the vapor out of a gram, or .1 g.

When the ratio of vapor to air is discussed as a positive, it's always high (and air/vapor ratio would be low). A low vapor/air ratio would be something like bagged vapor, where a lot of air is pumped through the bowl, creating thin vapor, or a conduction vape where you're sucking from a dome. But thin vapor just means more hits to provide the same amount as you get with rich hits. And rich hits, when big, are harder to be efficient with, since they're harder to hold. So a big hitter that gives rich hits is less likely to be efficient with your herb.

max,

Egzoset

Banned
Well Max, lets favour elevated vapor-to-air ratios then!

:D

One image often comes to my mind quite spontaneously when i think of this problem while watching typical vaporist videos; i see large pieces of glass with huge amounts of air contained inside and can't but tell to myself that the vapor is already diluted before it's even created! For me this parameter combined to the rate of inhalation, not to mention lung capacity, can only make dosage more complicated...

So, perhaps linking ratio and dosage the way i do it is not suitable but i'm certainly willing to adjust this perception when the opportunity shows up! If you've followed my fantasy thread then it should have been obvious why including the vapor bag in the vaporization cycle is so important to me: minimize the amount of air required to fill a ballon, i mean better have a potent falf-full balloon than a balloon full of thin air.

Still being a future vaporist i can't argue much but my impression is that a bag should prove to be versatile enough for a former smoker like me who wants to discover vaping. A bag would probably happen to be easier on lung capacity too; my bet is for a beginer things are sufficiently complicated not to want to deal with multiple learning curves all at once. The vocabulary is important in any case so i'll try to pay closer attention!

Egzoset,

sunsett70

lwien said:
hereatlast said:
Haha we vaporists are spoiled, efficiency is all relative :D
:lol: No shit. Compared to smoking ANY vape is efficient.

i hope so, man. i couldnt get a PD so i ordered a da buddha. i am a stingy sob and where i stay, supply of the herb is sometimes difficult so i try to conserve but now i read in earlier post that dbv is not efficient (!!!). when i smoke, i mix 50% herb 50% smoking tobacco to make a joint to try to conserve so i hope this DBV at least will help a bit and not increase my consumption per usage.

like i say, once i try the buddha i will seriously consider to order a PD so your offer is much appreciated.

sunsett70,

Nosferatu

Ok I own a Buddha and a PD. You need about .1 of good weed to get the buddha to draw good vapor and 1 bowl of that to myself is all you need. It can hold about .3 I would say but I never pack that much, it just gets you so stoned with .1ish.

The PD on the other hand is fixed at a lower temp so its more of a mellow high. It takes about a 3rd of .1 to pack one of its stems. And its so efficient because just one or two stems gets you where you need to be(well thats different for everyone I guess). So when I use the Buddha I do see the end of my sac before I would like too. With the PD bud is no longer a object to worry about, you simply never run out. Like its uncountable how many seshes you get a gram haha. But I always find my self packin the Buddha despite the waste to get to those higher temps and get fat clouds.

But all in all any of these vapes are at least twice as efficient as smoking so fuck it there all good choices. :lol:

Nosferatu,

OrGaNiCx

lwien said:
champ3185 said:

champ

Great choice. Great vape. Will get you blasted, but expect to go through a good bit of herb doing it.

My DBV is very efficient.....you just have to know how to use it with a small amount of herb (temp. adjustments), i can get good and stoned with a small amount of ganja

OrGaNiCx,

Nycdeisel

The DBV is efficient, just not AS EFFICIENT as some other vapes.

I have a DBV, and I can get more then one session out of just over .1, however, since its not the best for conserving, I ordered a PD. Itll be coming in a few weeks.

Nycdeisel,

lwien

OrGaNiCx said:
My DBV is very efficient.....you just have to know how to use it with a small amount of herb (temp. adjustments), i can get good and stoned with a small amount of ganja

All I can do is relay my experience. I've used the DBV exclusively for a week. I then used the PD exclusively for a week. When I went from my DBV to my PD, I used less than half as much.

Anecdotal? Yup, but others share the same experience.

lwien,

Beezleb

Efficiency is subjective. Efficiency starts with the user. The vaporizer is merely a tool.

I have also used a PD and a MZ. Not long term and not to a degree to make any claims that I understand those vaporizers as well as some others but I can say this with whole confidence.

A PD/MZ or similar simply does not appeal to me. I would have to do many stems which is time consuming and irritating to me to get where I want to be. So these vaporizers are not efficient nor user friendly for my situation and yup, other share the same experience.

I believe it is clearly wrong to "act" as if "we" know better. We only know "our" experiences and what others claim to have as their experiences. Often people want black and white or cut and dry things in life so to speak. Efficiency in vaporizing is not like this.

A PD/MZ/WDY etc are all vapes capable of achieving higher efficiency if used with one to two stems. Unfortunately not everyone is fine stopping their. It is a little amount which more than few find too lacking and unworthy. For others like yourself it is perfect and fits you like wonderfully and simply want for no other. This makes the PD/MZ/WDZ and the like quality "niche" vaporizers that more suit a certain type of a vapist. With that said, it would be wrong to view the amount of people who favor those types of vaporizers as small. The vaping populace is large of all kinds of vapist.

Understand that the reality of a "vapist" is different from the capability of a tool. I suggest viewing your style and mannerism like you smoke. If you smoke heavily you will likely vape heavy, but perhaps less than smoking. If you smoke a little to a moderate amount you may achieve tangible savings but this is not for everyone and it is not unheard of for people to use similar amounts to when the smoked even. It varies and I do not condone telling people that they "will" save. No matter the convictions and outcomes others have experienced.

We are all a bit different and I hope everyone saves by vaping but this is just a potential benefit and not a right of passage by simply using a certain vape or model.

Beezleb,

crawdad

floatin
Beezleb said:
Efficiency is subjective. Efficiency starts with the user. The vaporizer is merely a tool.

didn't want to quote the whole thing, but well put.

crawdad,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom