• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mobius Glass

KimDracula

Hello all...
I picked this up the other day after researching it's size and whatnot.
...I'm using it for concentrates...as a rig.
I'm waiting on the post office like usual,..to deliver my liger banger which should be a good fit....for now, .it's a titanium NewVape drop w/ a D-Nail sic dish....it's a very powerful piece.

I dug these pics so hard I just ordered one. It'll be a concentrate rig for me as well. I can't wait for it to arrive. Several pieces appealed to me including the Micro II, Scope, and Ion. Love Mobius stuff.

CrazyCannuck

Gn0sis

i bought and resold the ion II and micro II after just water testing them...

first, i dont think i'll ever order from thepipeking again. both pieces arrived wet, smelling bad and had me suspicious that at least one of them might have already been smoked thru then cleaned with 'grunge off' or something

the Micro II, i dont know if i got a sub-par piece, but it just didnt stack anywhere near as nicely as the original bubbler when compared side-by-side. instead of a nice, smooth full can stack, i'd get a chaotic and uneven one that couldnt fill the whole can. the base is much sturdier tho, i'll give it that....

the ion II, the piece hits very nice. has great diffusion and a satisfying, drag-less draw. if anyone is looking for a solid small rig, the ion II is worth considering. It turned out not to be for me though because of a silly mistake on my part believing the description on thepipeking website where it says the piece is 10 inches tall even though in reality, its not even a full 8. i couldn't use it comfortably at my desk...

I was about to pull the trigger on the Canteen, but didnt find the function to be impressive from what I saw in the videos. So, far, my favorites are the Binary Matrix, the 50T and the Watertrap.

Last edited:

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Oh my. I received my Ion today. It is spectacular. The perc is so perfectly cut, unlike the perc on my genuine hydrabomb. I just can't believe the quality. It is stunning. Hits incredibly smooth. WOW. Just WOW. I have one nice piece of Zob glass, and a C2 piece that is just ok, but this blows them both away. I couldn't be happier.

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
Oh my. I received my Ion today. It is spectacular. The perc is so perfectly cut, unlike the perc on my genuine hydrabomb. I just can't believe the quality. It is stunning. Hits incredibly smooth. WOW. Just WOW. I have one nice piece of Zob glass, and a C2 piece that is just ok, but this blows them both away. I couldn't be happier.

Awesome!! Please post (with pride!) a photo 'n video!! :)

justvapin

No pics or videos, too much work.....but it looks just like the pics on various sites. Honestly, I have not seen a photo yet that does this piece justice. Looks so much better when you have in your hands.

KimDracula

My Ion II arrived early this evening. I'm quite happy. It purrs wonderfully. The airflow is really amazing. With the domeless nail the airflow is reduced but there is still very little restriction on the pull. The miniature Matrix perc is very effective. Surprisingly the TAG dropdown I have to adapt my 18mm quartz domeless works fine. Soon it will be replaced by a Liger.

gaseous_clay

In case anybody wondered... a comparison shot, showing my new (to me) Clear Reti Bubbler and Matrix Micro II side by side.

IMG_2950_1.jpg

nodrog

In case anybody wondered... a comparison shot, showing my new (to me) Clear Reti Bubbler and Matrix Micro II side by side.

Curious as to your assessment of the difference between the reti and matrix percs. Is one better for flower vs concentrate? Taste, smoothness, drag any different?

nodrog,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Curious as to your assessment of the difference between the reti and matrix percs. Is one better for flower vs concentrate? Taste, smoothness, drag any different?

Ime, the matrix has slightly less drag, slightly more diffusion.

The reti really doesn't have much drag to speak of, but the matrix is effortless.

The diffusion offered by the reti is a bit rougher, you can feel it within the can more than the smooth purr of a matrix.

Both stack really well, but the matrix gives a bit more uniformity and less violence to its bubbles.

If you're gonna go down the good for concentrates rabbit hole then I'd say they're both probably more diffusion than you're looking for. I like them both for either flowers or concentrates.

I guess you'd probably want to favor the reti for concentrates since it has minimally less diffusion, but IMO it's pretty much a wash.

Here's a vid that might be helpful :)

Last edited:

gaseous_clay

@Frederick McGuire basically covered it! I haven't done an exact comparison back to back with fresh flower & equal water level. I also don't have experience with concentrates.

"Violence" is a good way to describe the Reti perc. The Matrix is smoother... but it doesn't mean your hit is necessarily smoother. They are different, but it's not like I am knocking either.

The large can on both make for great hits!

Ime, the matrix has slightly less drag, slightly more diffusion.

The retro really doesn't have much drag to speak of, but he matrix is effortless.

The diffusion offered by he reti is a bit rougher, you can feel it within the can more than the smooth purr of a matrix.

Both stack really well, but the matrix gives a bit more uniformity and less violence to its bubbles.

If you're gonna go down the good for concentrates rabbit hole then I'd say they're both probably more diffusion than you're looking for. I like them both for either flowers or concentrates.

I guess you'd probably want to favor the reti for concentrates since it has minimally less diffusion, but IMO it's pretty much a wash.

Here's a vid that might be helpful :)

justvapin

I did the same research a month or so ago and reached the same conclusion. I love my Nuc. Recently I received a larger recycler from CCG that is really nice - except I can tell that the additional volume of my recycler weakens the flavor of my flower 'n concentrate more than I prefer. The one thing I am not crazy about my Nuc (and presumably the Ion as well) is h0w close the nail is from my face. Thankfully a dropdown solved that challenge nicely.

Bottom Line: I heatedly recommend the Nuc - particularly when you can get it for $210 using a 420 sale discount:

https://jfriendly.com/products/detail/mobius-nuc-matrix-bubbler
This post, right here, has had me wanting a Nuc since I read it. Today I received mine (see link I posted above---although those pics don't even remotely show these colors at all).

When I first opened it, I was not sure about the lavender color. I thought the color was a bit, let's say "feminine". It has crushed opal trim on the bottom edge inside the lavender, and the same at the mouthpiece. Then, I got it into some good light, and I am floored. This piece is magnificent. The little matrix perc is flawless and a marvel. The mouthpiece is custom as well, not the normal fluted mouthpiece (I think, anyway). The crushed opal is phenomenal. A totally custom Mobius piece. It almost looks too nice to use, and I don't want to "soil" it. The more I stare at it, the more I love it. I will likely test it tonight with the Flowerpot I got with it, but will hate getting it dirty. It just looks so damn sexy with that beautiful, matching Flowerpot (the trim on the pot is black with crushed opal, a perfect match).

MinnBobber

This post, right here, has had me wanting a Nuc since I read it. Today I received mine (see link I posted above---
I went to that link and see no Nuc :(

Is it currently available for $210 anywhere?
I have a Mobius Ion but am browsing. There's the Ion Matrix II but I might want something "more different".

Flavor chaser and I like small volume for vaping---only have access to flowers

MinnBobber,

justvapin

Yeah, I quoted an old post, that site does not appear to have one in stock at this time. But I posted a link to the one I bought, did you click that link? This one....

http://www.mightyquinnsmokeshop.com/pub/item/630

It shows up, but shows as sold out... I believe mighty quinn may have one (not the lavender one, just a regular Nuc) if you call them, even though they don't show it on their website. And it's not $210, that was a 4/20 sale price at jfriendly ...

Last edited:

justvapin

Wow, @Maitri was so absolutely, 100% correct-----this piece (the Nuc) is indescribable. I have an Ion, but the reduced size of this can, with the ultra smooth draw of the mini-matrix perc, is beyond description. I have never hit any water piece so perfectly to my liking, it just purrs so easily and I can draw for what seems like forever! I have a C2 piece with the same size can and it's similar except it has a disc type perc, and it completely pales in comparison to the Nuc. No offense, I like that one too, but it just can't compare.......Excellent flavor also. Home run. Could not be more pleased.

nodrog

Wow, @Maitri was so absolutely, 100% correct-----this piece (the Nuc) is indescribable. I have an Ion, but the reduced size of this can, with the ultra smooth draw of the mini-matrix perc, is beyond description. I have never hit any water piece so perfectly to my liking, it just purrs so easily and I can draw for what seems like forever! I have a C2 piece with the same size can and it's similar except it has a disc type perc, and it completely pales in comparison to the Nuc. No offense, I like that one too, but it just can't compare.......Excellent flavor also. Home run. Could not be more pleased.

What I find intriguing about this is that the Nuc is the *only* Mobius piece I've ever tried. I rather assumed other models with similar percs had similar "ultrasmooth draw". One of these days I'll meet someone else with a different model of Mobius glass and I'll be able to compare. Unlikely to buy another one myself (though these discussions at fc.com do totally intensify my GAS). Any Portlanders on this board that wanna compare?

justvapin

My Ion also has a matrix perc, but for whatever reason does not seem as smooth as the Nuc, and more difficult (for me) to clear because of the extra volume. It is still exceptional, and I love it, but to me, the Nuc hits even better overall. I have not had the privilege of using any other type of Mobius perc, so cannot compare.

justvapin,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom