• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mobius Glass

Baron23

SO PSYCHED! Proud owner of a binary matrix. Woooo! I know this is "fuckcombustion.com" but I'll probably use this for the times I combust flower. I'll try dabs out of it in any case! Loving it so far.

IMG_6157_zpsawkvonhl.jpg

IMG_6158_zpsuc1niznp.jpg

Size comparison with the Nuc. I wonder if I could use a hose or curved piece of glass and thereby convert the Nuc into an ashcatcher for the Binary Matrix? Set next to each other, the opening of the Nuc mouthpiece is only a few inches from the bowl of the Binary. Hmm. I think that'd be for novelty value only.

IMG_6160_zpsypa9cycv.jpg

Not going to use it with the Flower Pot, though. The handle gets way too close to my face!

IMG_6161_zpsysxgiipj.jpg
How do you like your Nuc?

I have an Atom with a disk drop down (and finding one of those was an adventure) that I use as an oil rig.

But I also have a DHGate, 14mm, Ion type knock off that works...but there is no comparison to real Mobius glass.

I looked at the Ion but that's all 18mm....I know I can drop a 18-14 reducer in there but.....eh?

What do you guys think....Ion with reducer for 14mm joints or Nuc with 14mm native?

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
^^^Though I am partial to the Ion, having used mine for the last 6 years or so, I'd go with the Nuc with the native 14mm. :nod:

Love the Ion for flowers, but the Nuc seems better suited for concentrates. :tup:

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Gotcha...yeah, I've used mine a few times with a reducer...works just fine.

It really is my favorite flower rig and so I am prejudicial.

I know you prefer 14mm joints, so take my advice for what it may be worth to you...:cool: :)

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
What do y’all think about the new Atom? Do you find the rounded accents more appealing than those of its sharp-edged predecessor?

I’m not completely sure which version I prefer after spending considerable time comparing the two, but the Mobius site says “New Rounded Style is soft on the hand” which sounds nice. V2’s base is a bit thicker (14mm) but V1’s base is a bit wider (1/4 inch). I’ve always liked the style of V1, the razor marias and especially the funky mp (seems comfy) but don’t hate V2’s vibe at all.

Which is why I’m interested in the thoughts of those who know more than I do and have the Mobius experience that I lack. Am I just over-analysing this and it’s all down to personal preference? IDK!

Thanks for your time and consideration on this very serious matter. :tup:

EDIT: clarity :smug:

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I love the aesthetics so much on the new atom, I was about to drop the coin... But it is an unusual design and I really wanted to try it on before committing.

I picked up a knockoff and even though it was nearly identical (except in quality), I found I really did not like the design for my bench.

The new mouthpiece style is really awesome, but definitely easier and more comfortable for me to use in hand. I find I really prefer to leave my rigs on the table when at home and it is a little awkward for me in that regard.

Really a great looking piece though.

nodrog

How do you like your Nuc?

A LOT! I have two of them. It was my first Mobius glass and I've used it a ton for flower combustion, flower vaping, and concentrate vaping. It tends to be my travel rig, too, as it's so sturdy. It was my main rig for oil for a long time, but I think I prefer the Mobius Recurve for that.

For smoking flower (only real rarely these days) or vaping flower with the NewVape Weedeater, I prefer the Mobius Binary Matrix, secondarily the Recurve. I actually like slightly less diffusion with this ridiculously powerful flower vape (and flower vaping in general).

The Nuc has better/smoother diffusion than any other piece I own, I have to say. I think it has smaller and more holes than the Recurve or the Binary Matrix. This works great for dabs, less desirable for flower vapor.

Baron23

A LOT! I have two of them. It was my first Mobius glass and I've used it a ton for flower combustion, flower vaping, and concentrate vaping. It tends to be my travel rig, too, as it's so sturdy. It was my main rig for oil for a long time, but I think I prefer the Mobius Recurve for that.

For smoking flower (only real rarely these days) or vaping flower with the NewVape Weedeater, I prefer the Mobius Binary Matrix, secondarily the Recurve. I actually like slightly less diffusion with this ridiculously powerful flower vape (and flower vaping in general).

The Nuc has better/smoother diffusion than any other piece I own, I have to say. I think it has smaller and more holes than the Recurve or the Binary Matrix. This works great for dabs, less desirable for flower vapor.
thanks!! Great food for thought.

Can anyone comment on the difference in function on an ion matrix vs micro matrix v3? Flower use. It seems like the ion is more popular but the stacking of the micro looks like it would be nicer, but then the diameter of the ion could make it smoother/less restrictive, but then the new v3 version of the micro addresses that issue on the bottom how it flares out around the perc.

windshieldking,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Can anyone comment on the difference in function on an ion matrix vs micro matrix v3? Flower use. It seems like the ion is more popular but the stacking of the micro looks like it would be nicer, but then the diameter of the ion could make it smoother/less restrictive, but then the new v3 version of the micro addresses that issue on the bottom how it flares out around the perc.
Just rip it like it’s 1999!
Don’t call your stash MARIJUANA!
CANNABIS is a what NEPOLEAN & his troop’s call these magical COLAS 4 CIVILIZATION realized!
RO H2O + squeeze of lime from outside the window in da crib downstair’s.
Waterpipe’s with vaporizer is da kine li dat!

ataxian,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

I have an Ion Matrix, Micro Matrix, and a Reti. I'm not sure which/what you are referring to about the flare, which I presume you mean is near bottom of the can (like the perc is) ; the Reti is exactly that (i.e., just like the Micro but different bottom). Fwiw, my take . . .

These days, I use the larger Micro very infrequently, and the Reti even less. The mouthpiece arm has a larger diameter than the Ion, and the Micro's can is at least a third larger than the Ion. That = me really needing to exhale fully and really open my diaphragm before taking a deep hit; you definitely want to white wall with this piece so you've got a full second hit. My daily driver is the Cloud EVO, and with this glass the hits are enormous. I love these monsters, but they are way too much for my petite vaping partner and getting to be so as well for my old lungs. But if it were 10 years ago, I would be using these much more.

I do use the Ion regularly, and I love it. But at least for me (it's a little challenging for my lady) the size of the can is perfect. The perc is smaller but still with superb action and possibly even better water filtration. I found the airflow perfect, and I recall others here loving it.

HTH

:myday::science:

Last edited:
I have an Ion Matrix, Micro Matrix, and a Reti. I'm not sure which/what you are referring to about the flare, which I presume you mean is near bottom of the can (like the perc is) ; the Reti is exactly that (i.e., just like the Micro but different bottom). Fwiw, my take . . .

These days, I use the larger Micro very infrequently, and the Reti even less. The mouthpiece arm has a larger diameter than the Ion, and the Micro's can is at least a third larger than the Ion. That = me really needing to exhale fully and really open my diaphragm before taking a deep hit; you definitely want to white wall with this piece so you've got a full second hit. My daily driver is the Cloud EVO, and with this glass the hits are enormous. I love these monsters, but they are way too much for my petite vaping partner and getting to be so as well for my old lungs. But if it were 10 years ago, I would be using these much more.

I do use the Ion regularly, and I love it. But at least for me (it's a little challenging for my lady) the size of the can is perfect. The perc is smaller but still with superb action and possibly even better water filtration. I found the airflow perfect, and I recall others here loving it.

HTH

:myday::science:
The flare on the bottom of the micro where the perc is. I heard it is to fix an issue where before the water would fall down and the water pressure would cause back pressure in the bowl, possibly ejecting hot bowl all over everything.

I had contacted cave smoke shop and asked about the difference this is what I got from there:

"The volume on a micro is noticeable and it is much more of a flower focused bubbler at its size. The higher water volume means more rips between cleanings and the higher air volume makes it comparable to a 14” or 16” water pipe. More diffusion on the micro also makes it personally more desirable for flower rips. For a hybrid bubbler that I would also dab on (with a 18-14 adapter and a long neck banger), and for portability, the ion hands down. The volume differences between the two isn’t night in day but definitely noticeable. The micro is also a thing of scientific beauty, both the v2 and v3. Also lower production."

I already have a nuc that id like to use for dabbing, and either the micro or the ion for flower. I am getting a little older now myself, and my dabbing/vaping partner is also petite. I was totally convinced about the micro being better for flower until you replied. You make some very solid counterpoints.

I think the only way is to try and get a water test with them myself

windshieldking,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
The flare on the bottom of the micro where the perc is. I heard it is to fix an issue where before the water would fall down and the water pressure would cause back pressure in the bowl, possibly ejecting hot bowl all over everything.

I had contacted cave smoke shop and asked about the difference this is what I got from there:

"The volume on a micro is noticeable and it is much more of a flower focused bubbler at its size. The higher water volume means more rips between cleanings and the higher air volume makes it comparable to a 14” or 16” water pipe. More diffusion on the micro also makes it personally more desirable for flower rips. For a hybrid bubbler that I would also dab on (with a 18-14 adapter and a long neck banger), and for portability, the ion hands down. The volume differences between the two isn’t night in day but definitely noticeable. The micro is also a thing of scientific beauty, both the v2 and v3. Also lower production."

I already have a nuc that id like to use for dabbing, and either the micro or the ion for flower. I am getting a little older now myself, and my dabbing/vaping partner is also petite. I was totally convinced about the micro being better for flower until you replied. You make some very solid counterpoints.

I think the only way is to try and get a water test with them myself

Yes indeed, this is a very personal thing and so testing yourself is the only route to take, if you can.

This is the first I've heard of that back pressure/blow back effect. I've never experienced it.

There is agreement that the main difference is the greater volume of the Micro. The consequence being more air/vapor thru the larger perc and hence cave's "more diffusion". But IIRC the slightly small perc in the Ion is accordingly proportionately tighter, hence the bubbles are smaller hence there is more water contact hence my thought (cheating behind the "possibly" caveat) that the filtration may be better. But it's probably true that the Micro technically does more diffusion - after all, the cave shop is in the business and I'm just one user - but of course the question is to what extent is that meaningful for each particular user?

I will re-emphasize relative to the Micro's large can: I don't have the lungs to white-wall and pull all of that through in one rip without it being a bit uncomfortable; that requires in essence a draw of about 2x the can volume. So I clear the white-wall in a second pull. If I don't white-wall, the second hit will be thin with lots of air. Huge white-wall hits is what the Micro is intended for; IMO the user needs to do that (whether as 1 or 2 hits) to get Mobius's designed-for effect.

Something I didn't think of in my prev reply, is the matter of smoke vs vapor. When the cave shop mentions "more rips between cleanings" in ref to flowers, makes me wonder if they're thinking mostly about (much dirtier) smoking, not vaping. I stopped using a flame ~15 years ago. Vapor, depending on the vaporizer, requires more air to be pulled thru. The difference in the experience is not trivial. I would think that the flame does really bias toward the larger Micro piece, while vapor might change that equation?

For me (and especially my partner) it simply comes down to what is most comfortable. We're not looking for the brain hammering effect that I once got with a flame and a single hit off a large water pipe, like I did in my 20's. If I were, I would def be using the Micro. For us though, the Ion is the "just right" pooridge. Choices are wonderful, good luck on finding yours.

You must post back here the results of your investigation! :rockon:

:myday::science::peace:

Last edited:
oldiebutgoodie,
Yes indeed, this is a very personal thing and so testing yourself is the only route to take, if you can.

This is the first I've heard of that back pressure/blow back effect. I've never experienced it.

There is agreement that the main difference is the greater volume of the Micro. The consequence being more air/vapor thru the larger perc and hence cave's "more diffusion". But IIRC the slightly small perc in the Ion is accordingly proportionately tighter, hence the bubbles are smaller hence there is more water contact hence my thought (cheating behind the "possibly" caveat) that the filtration may be better. But it's probably true that the Micro technically does more diffusion - after all, the cave shop is in the business and I'm just one user - but of course the question is to what extent is that meaningful for each particular user?

I will re-emphasize relative to the Micro's large can: I don't have the lungs to white-wall and pull all of that through in one rip without it being a bit uncomfortable; that requires in essence a draw of about 2x the can volume. So I clear the white-wall in a second pull. If I don't white-wall, the second hit will be thin with lots of air. Huge white-wall hits is what the Micro is intended for; IMO the user needs to do that (whether as 1 or 2 hits) to get Mobius's designed-for effect.

Something I didn't think of in my prev reply, is the matter of smoke vs vapor. When the cave shop mentions "more rips between cleanings" in ref to flowers, makes me wonder if they're thinking mostly about (much dirtier) smoking, not vaping. I stopped using a flame ~15 years ago. Vapor, depending on the vaporizer, requires more air to be pulled thru. The difference in the experience is not trivial. I would think that the flame does really bias toward the larger Micro piece, while vapor might change that equation?

For me (and especially my partner) it simply comes down to what is most comfortable. We're not looking for the brain hammering effect that I once got with a flame and a single hit off a large water pipe, like I did in my 20's. If I were, I would def be using the Micro. For us though, the Ion is the "just right" pooridge. Choices are wonderful, good luck on finding yours.

You must post back here the results of your investigation! :rockon:

:myday::science::peace:
I went into the shop today and was able to water test both.

They are both amazing in their own way.

The micro definitely takes more lung power to hit. There is almost no resistance to this piece. Then again, maybe there could have been more water in the test. Im able to rip it, get bubbles almost to the top with it filled just over where the perc/flare out is, but I can see what you mean about it being on the line of 1-2 hits to fully utilize it. I could easily use a lungful to milk it, then another to clear it. Water level is key. With more water, maybe up to 1/3 to halfway mark, perhaps it would require less lung power to operate?

The Ion, even with water just over the perc, im able to easily inhale hard enough to get water going up the mouth stem when clearing it. I can see where this would be great as a vapor bong or big dab rig situation. If I could only own one mobius, without a doubt id choose the Ion. The restriction on the pull with the ion is real, both the smaller can and smaller diameter mouth stem. This makes it IMO very very similar to the nuc I already have.

Im leaning towards the micro. I definitely do not need the Ion with already having a nuc. I have a terps/illuminati scope that I had retired due to some severe hard water stains. It is the absolute perfect size for me. This purchase is to replace that. Ive tried a long list of fixes, and it just seemed to get worse. Mobius reccommended a bucket heater with various solvents and leaving it for a month at a time each cleaner. i had given up and started looking for a replacement until I just learned about headie eddies cleaner, which on IG I see people with the exact same stains having great success. So i have that on the way, monday ill give the cleaner a shot then decide if I still need to get the micro.

im getting an amazing deal on the micro, its almost worth it to scoop just for that reason alone.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Recently I bought a Nuc. What a great glass piece. Wow. The percolater is magical in how easy the draw and the explosion of bubbles. I’m a huge fan.
My setup is the Nuc, male to male 14 mm for a little height, glass drop down, and the Herborizer bowl and injector. I love this setup.

IMG_7169.jpeg

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Cool. Where can I buy one of these?

I'm drooling over the Reti V1. Where and when can I buy one?

I'm super happy to find this glass line and to support a small craft business. I love this kind of thing.

madhockeydad,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@madhockeydad, if you look on Insta, MobiusGlass are saying that J.Friendly will be retailing them on their behalf & it looks like they are limited, making 2021 pieces of each design.

Anyway, here are the details for J.Friendly, again, taken directly from IG:

J.Friendly Company Est. 1996​

Shopping & Retail
408 Delaware Ave.
Towson, MD
12-6 Mon.-Friday
Closed Weekends
410-296-6800
FREEDOM EQUALITY CHANGE
jfriendly.com

Good luck!
:peace:

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
JFriendly has a nice selection of Mobius. No Reti's right now but I'll keep an eye out. I've bought from them before and I was pleased - I think I bought a Matrix V2 or the Nuc from them. I can't remember.

The rig pictured above - my daily driver. I love the perc on this! It's effortless on the draw - reminding me to slow down and enjoy.

Thanks everyone for the help. Have a good week.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Just purchased OG Ion Matrix V1, can’t wait to get it!

It will be used strictly for vaping flower using Flowerpot.

I’m getting 18mm post for shovelhead bowl, anything else I need to purchase?
Really nice cannabis!!! I use my Flowerpot with the same glass. Epic. I have a 14 mm bowl do I use a converter but even if I didn’t I’d probably buy a male to female 18mm joint to raise the bowl a little. I prefer that. Also some times I use a 14 mm to 14 mm drop down. This brings the bowl nicely down to eye level.

But honestly all of that can come later. All you need is glass and 18 mm Flowerpot insert.

Enjoy and of course if you have questions I bet there are a 1000 opinions here! Stay safe.

Steel28

Really nice cannabis!!! I use my Flowerpot with the same glass. Epic. I have a 14 mm bowl do I use a converter but even if I didn’t I’d probably buy a male to female 18mm joint to raise the bowl a little. I prefer that. Also some times I use a 14 mm to 14 mm drop down. This brings the bowl nicely down to eye level.

But honestly all of that can come later. All you need is glass and 18 mm Flowerpot insert.

Enjoy and of course if you have questions I bet there are a 1000 opinions here! Stay safe.
Thanks a lot! I’m beyond excited. Can’t even believe I found one brand new lol

Top Bottom