Mixing Strains to Achieve Specific Medical Effects

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Can vaping a mixture of different strains help target or enhance certain medical effects?
I used to hear you can't make shit weed better by mixing it with good stuff, it just drags down the better stuff, but what about an indica with a sativa, and the blending of the two stones, would making a thread of such reviews be of any value here?

New owner of Vale Tudo collective - says he plans on testing certain strains, posting their THC/CBN/CBD profiles, with the intent of creating mixes for vaping to enhance specific medical effects.
He thinks people might end up coming in and saying they want a x/x/x ratio instead of looking at the strains.
------------------------------------

Candy Kush & Dirty Hippie

vaped ~PD stem each
ABV=brown
candy kush effect was indica-like, not terribly potent or "bright" on the THC side, but not a couch lock at low dose, just mellow.
Dirty Hippie vaped second, seemed powerful as a sativa, but I'll smoke it first next time and see, it definitely modified the stone and effects to be brighter without seeming to increase the haze.
I'll post more notes about this after I do it again, but possible pain combo.

VWFringe,

Carbon

I've found that by consuming a sativa followed by a heavier indica can produce great effects (assuming both parts are good on their own). Back when I used to roll Js I mixed some Jack Herer in with a stronger indica stuff and had a hell of a time. As for medical benefits, I found that any anxiety I might have felt from either strain (at heavier consumption levels) was all but eliminated when combining them. Interesting results, but I can't say that it works every time. I can't comment on pain relief or other things, but I'll try this again at some point and report back.

Carbon,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
i wonder if strain specific combos are too much to ask, and just getting to generally what we think the CBN to THC ratio was and what the effects were.

I tried Dirty Harry (S) with Riddler (I) and it put me down, but then I wonder if I got a nic hit thru my skin...that happens sometimes with my e-cig and my awareness of it isn't really sharp. it surprised me because Riddler wasn't a smelly Indica, and not really strong. The Dirty Harry sativa isn't very strong THC-wise, but has a hefty CBN content (no haze, but a dirty high). Together they made a pretty good indo, I thought. But since it took one and a half times as much as a real good indo, at $45 an eighth it didn't make sense.

VWFringe,

CapnVape

I find if I use indicas earlier in the day, I just get knocked on my ass and can't get anything done. So I will use a sativa/indica mix during the day, and switch to straight indica at night.

You'll never catch me vaping straight sativas, though. That shit makes me way to jumpy. :uhoh:

:peace:

CapnVape,
Reactions: fidget

kobetan

Once I vaped some Sweet Deep Grapefruit (indica dominant) and because of my tolerance I felt not so stoned as I wanted to be so I immediately packed some Critical Jack (sativa dominant) in the vaporizer and after a few bags I felt it... maybe I was just really tired that night or what but I felt like there were two forces fighting for the control of my high but none was able to overcome the other so I basically felt very, very, very confused and just wanted to go to bed, which I did. Maybe some day I will pack the two strains mixed in just one vaping.

kobetan,

SD_haze

While different strains have different cannabinoid ratios, most strains have mostly THC cannabinoids and, ultimately, THC is THC.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yes but I have noticed if I vape a high CBD strain after vaping other medicine, it definitely effects the complete experience, for the better imo.

t-dub

treecityrnd

Welcome to my daily routine.
High CBD sativas are my favorite, but not always easy to find. Super Silver is my personal favorite.
However, I enjoy Haze sativa hash with a hybrid indica-dominant strain for the weekends.
Jamaican Haze + Master Kush = a good Saturday morning.

treecityrnd,

treecityrnd

Ditto dubs. Seems like our brains are always on the same wavelength.
Resonance of neural frequencies.

Now if we could just get you out of the Pac12 everything would be great! Or maybe I'm jealous of the coast and want to be in the Pac ;)

treecityrnd,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Haaa! I'll be thinking of you on Rose Bowl day. Will be watching from a cruise ship off the west coast of Mexico, no more crowded stadiums for me! :cool:

t-dub,

djonkoman

a few days back I discovered a nice mix
there was some weed still stuck to the sides of my 2 piece grinder, almost kief. this was 'vrouw holle' (I think this is a name the coffeeshop gave to it, it's a character from a fairytale and this shop is called after another fairytalecharacter, so I don't know what it actually is)
threw in a small amnesia bud
and 2 buds I still had left from last year's harvest(UK08xTyphoon f1, outdoor sativa)

turned out that mix worked really well, gave nice big clouds(sometimes if I let the clouds become a bit too big gagreflex-inducing), and a good and strong high, stronger than each of it's components individually.

djonkoman,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I mix throughout the day and the ratio varies based on my current state ... that being said I like having a little bit of each type (not mixing together usually).

I tend to stick to sativa dominant hybrids during the day with a switch to indica dominant in the evening usually. This can vary day to day though based on my moods (if I'm particularly "up" and having a hard time settling down to focus I might use a little more indica throughout the day or if I'm feeling a little down/depressed I'll avoid the indica's for the most part and stick to sativa dominant hybrids or even pure sativa's to mix in there occasionally for a nice change ... I have some Durban Poison I keep for that).

On any given day I will usually use at least 4-5 different strains if they are available (strain variation helps with tolerance I find although I tend to stick to a few primary strains as my "base" and then use the others for variation ... my main "base" these days is a really nice Strawberry Diesel ... my main Indica dominant strains right now are a nice Vanilla Kush and Purple Kush although those are running low ...)

fidget

I find if I use indicas earlier in the day, I just get knocked on my ass and can't get anything done. So I will use a sativa/indica mix during the day, and switch to straight indica at night.

You'll never catch me vaping straight sativas, though. That shit makes me way to jumpy. :uhoh:

:peace:
+1 on the jumpy:mental:

fidget,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I almost never put a single strain in the vape... well, except for Dutch Treat.

Usually, I have a couple two or three strains.

Enchantre,
Reactions: Hoops

OO

Technical Skeptical
The effects of mixing different cultivars have often been cited.

I personally believe that salad bowling will result in mixed results, some tend to synergize, others do not.

My belief is that the ratios of active compounds affect their receptor activation, but I do not know. It is worth studying, perhaps with the recent change in political currents, this kind of research is not far off.

OO,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I too think that mixing different strains in different ratio is a question of Whats your lucky number :) !

Abysmal Vapor,

lwien

It has been my experience that I just about ALWAYS get a stronger result of mixing strains (salad), than not. For some odd reason, the sum is always greater than the parts. I've never found it to be otherwise.

lwien,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I would imagine (haven't tried it yet) that mixing similar strains (like all Indicas, for instance) yields the best results.

I generally stick with mostly related (like, 3 kinds of Kush) strains.

Enchantre,

lwien

To the contrary, I found better results by mixing sativas with indicas, or with hybrids. Kinda brings out the best of all worlds.......

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I started mixing stains only in the last couple of months. I've never been a fan of the idea, but I was forced into it by Northern Lights/Purple Kush. I prefer sativas and I worried that this strain might be a mistake, and in a way it was. Unmixed, it's just too heavy for me. I didn't expect that. It's something I can't remember experiencing before. I have a lot of this stuff and I don't make oils or edibles, so I decided to try some salads. That's worked out really well. When I mix it 50-50 with Jack Herer or Durban Poison, I get effects that I really like.

The effects of mixing different cultivars have often been cited.

I personally believe that salad bowling will result in mixed results, some tend to synergize, others do not.

My belief is that the ratios of active compounds affect their receptor activation, but I do not know. It is worth studying, perhaps with the recent change in political currents, this kind of research is not far off.

I share this opinion completely. None of the actives can be considered in isolation.

pakalolo,
Reactions: OO
Top Bottom