Discontinued MistVape Touch

elykpeace

exVASted
Here they are
fBzq9vS.jpg

All assembled and preliminary testing done. That is they all respond to the touch sensor and the coils glow. Just need to do a little finish sanding and more testing to make sure all is good.
Expect to ship to testers Monday, I'm excited to hear what they think.
If u need any more testers let me know! Looks great tho!!! Really great.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@elykpeace thanks
So after I packed up units I was tinkering and decided to cut a stem down. Took two inches off and it was so much more convenient that this morning I unpacked all the units and cut all the stems.
W34UE9z.jpg

The shorter stem is just easier to use, also opens up the possibility of having say three stems that you can load up and have them at the ready.
Ok so now to pack these back up and head to the post office.
All shipped, coming at you.

Last edited:

elykpeace

exVASted
@elykpeace thanks
So after I packed up units I was tinkering and decided to cut a stem down. Took two inches off and it was so much more convenient that this morning I unpacked all the units and cut all the stems.
W34UE9z.jpg

The shorter stem is just easier to use, also opens up the possibility of having say three stems that you can load up and have them at the ready.
Lucky guys! Can't wait for some reviews

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@elykpeace thanks
W34UE9z.jpg

All shipped, coming at you.

Nice! Yeah that looks much better, more portable, and still plenty smooth I'd guess (realized the Milaana stems are actually even shorter, one inch vapor path, one inch joint, so two inches total) you may even be able to go shorter, but that might be better for the eventual wooden stems anyway. Can't wait! :tup:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Betas slated to arrive at stateside testers Thursday. I am working on the next round with some improvements. Making the heater assembly easier to remove which makes coil changing simpler. Improving the coil configuration to make for more even heating.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Been busy
XTmFtTh.jpg

Six more coming along, there are two more but not sure if they will make the QC cut.
The piece that held down the heater is now built into the frame, much cleaner looking.
0x2Igbk.jpg

That's right of the mill, hasn't been cleaned up or sanded yet.
I was able to do because I now load the heater from the bottom, not the top like the betas.
oS8G07p.jpg

This will also make changing coils a reasonable task. It will require disconnecting two electrical connections and removing 5 wood screws. Then the heater drops out the bottom as in the picture above.
Here's a close up of the chimney holder.
d8vvZQt.jpg

I made the air inlets angled. My hope is that it will create a swirl effect in the airpath making the heating more even.
Also improved the winding of the coils so they will be more consistent.
All of the betas had coils in range of .512 to .524 ohms.
Excited to hear from the testers, @Shit Snacks are you liking the touch sensor?

elykpeace

exVASted
Been busy
XTmFtTh.jpg

Six more coming along, there are two more but not sure if they will make the QC cut.
The piece that held down the heater is now built into the frame, much cleaner looking.
0x2Igbk.jpg

That's right of the mill, hasn't been cleaned up or sanded yet.
I was able to do because I now load the heater from the bottom, not the top like the betas.
oS8G07p.jpg

This will also make changing coils a reasonable task. It will require disconnecting two electrical connections and removing 5 wood screws. Then the heater drops out the bottom as in the picture above.
Here's a close up of the chimney holder.
d8vvZQt.jpg

I made the air inlets angled. My hope is that it will create a swirl effect in the airpath making the heating more even.
Also improved the winding of the coils so they will be more consistent.
All of the betas had coils in range of .512 to .524 ohms.
Excited to hear from the testers, @Shit Snacks are you liking the touch sensor?

Are all 6 spoken for? ")

edit: found the email! Shoulda read The Whole Thread. Got it. You will be getting an email shortly sir!

Last edited:
elykpeace,

Shit Snacks

@mistvaporizer I'm in!
I hear good things from good people.
looking forward to it, looks great!
@Shit Snacks you get the credit. You mentioned this to me a while ago, been patiently watching, thanks brother!

Anytime my man! I believe there may even be a few of the original MistVape available, it's got a totally different heater and design with temp regulation, a nice unique signature of its own!

Here are some photos comparing my MistVape Touch beta to a Milaana semi-beta, similar yet also quite different in body and performance:

tCuszli.jpg

AAhxBLP.jpg

6KgCyQi.jpg

IGdqUMM.jpg

SplJEOJ.jpg

@mistvaporizer I am still getting used to the touch button, it is cool, I enjoy it, sometimes it feels like I'm not doing it right, but it could be coil taking longer to glow? More to test, happened with a fresh battery now though so that makes me think maybe it's just me. I do think there could be a better location for the button though, having it wide center and low is tricky, even if it were a little bit higher it may be better, or actually on the other side too, maybe even both sides could have one, for righties and lefties? I do like it, need more time with it, (only in the middle of bowl #2), but its so unique

First bowl was ten hits, stirring after every one (except once or twice maybe) and with a sub 3.9v battery I think so heat up wasn't too fast, only got s hit spot on one hit really, good control, good vapor, tasty dense, efficient, basket filled full. Now in using a nearly full battery (but its an old light blue Samsung 25R vs yellow LG forget the names) so we'll see, always so much more to test ofcourse

It's cool watching the coil glow, it'd a cool coil too but it's changing a bit I guess, it could be a bit more even as mentioned... The 14mm stem is pretty nice, the screen stays well, good length too. The new body style looks nice and simpler, maybe it could also have a nice wooden cork cap for the bowl when the stem is out?

Back to work...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

There is no room to move the button up, it could go side to side a little but that seemed the best spot to me. I think you will grow to embrace it :)

Closer to the heater could work, and on the opposite side, I'm just thinking for if it's clutched in a fist, where it is now it can't be reached with right hand, and just barely can when hold in left. Ofcourse more testing to do...

Bowl 2 and then 3 went well last night, I even tried a few hits in a row without stirring and did quite well, was able to control draw and trigger to keep temp down, tasty and effective, even

Shit Snacks

Yeah bowl 5 tried in left hand and I can clutch it in my fist with index finger around the glass stem and my thumb on the touch button. So maybe if it was on the other side it could be better for righties, or even both sides if possible to have two, otherwise people could order rightie or leftie versions I suppose. It does seem to work with any finger really so there are other ways to hold it and work well of course, I am still getting used to the touch sensor overall, it is fun, unqiue, versatile and effective that is for sure

elykpeace

exVASted
Yeah bowl 5 tried in left hand and I can clutch it in my fist with index finger around the glass stem and my thumb on the touch button. So maybe if it was on the other side it could be better for righties, or even both sides if possible to have two, otherwise people could order rightie or leftie versions I suppose. It does seem to work with any finger really so there are other ways to hold it and work well of course, I am still getting used to the touch sensor overall, it is fun, unqiue, versatile and effective that is for sure
Are you planning on a usage video.. I got ants in my pants Wana see what this baby can dooooo

Shit Snacks

No worries @elykpeace I'm sorry ;)

But onto bowl #6 loaded a little more above the basket (presumably you can load a decent amount more before you're too close to heater) and used for a short ride like I would with Milaana. With a nearly full yellow LG battery ~4.17v I began drawing right as I was pressing the button no pre heat and a slow steady deep draw. This way you can get low temp hits with dense light clouds and fantastic pure flavor, I did 4 or 5 before stirring so even heating is dependent on technique too it seems, could've gone further but I like to stir a bit in Milaana too for taste and typically try to maintain low temp extractions anyway (it hits pretty smooth that way too, upper temps with pre heat / holding trigger longer can get harsher of course). I was holding it nonstealth in my right hand by the battery side with my ringfinger on the touch sensor during a hit, which felt comfortable.

So I guess its only going to get better, the more I get used to it ofcourse, and the improvements you're already implementing. The airflow will be interesting to compare, I know it's tricky to get it going, but at least this heater coil design does seem to work quite well :tup:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@elykpeace hopefully @paytonpenn will be able to get use some video, he has done really nice ones in the past. I'm planning a usage video but mine aren't that good. I haven't found the lighting to highlight the clouds, gotta work on that. Also a "How to change a coil" video for the brave souls that want to go there.
The coil assembly is a unit that can be swapped without to much trouble so I guess that is an option, to sell the coil assembly. My gut feeling is that people are really gonna like the coil that comes in the Touch and I believe it will last a long time with sane usage. I haven't just powered one up and kept it on for a long time to see what happens first, battery drained or the coil melted. I guess I need to due that experiment, ugh.
Not sure what the life on a ss coil typically is, this is a 22 gauge. @KeroZen what do you think the average life of a ss coil generally is.
Added the logo to the frame
WNnAs77.jpg

Not going to fill in the engraving with anything. The MistVape original had all the engraving filled with black.
I expect to start assembly of the current batch Monday or Tuesday.
@Shit Snacks I was excited for you try the low temp high flavor hits. I knew you would be into it.
The hot air path is virtually all ss and glass so there shouldn't be much to interfere with the flavor. I would bet the temp at the base of the chimney isn't that high, the heat is rising. So not much flavor is coming out of the wood, which is maple and kinda neutral, not much odor to begin with.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@elykpeace hopefully @paytonpenn will be able to get use some video, he has done really nice ones in the past. I'm planning a usage video but mine aren't that good. I haven't found the lighting to highlight the clouds, gotta work on that. Also a "How to change a coil" video for the brave souls that want to go there.
The coil assembly is a unit that can be swapped without to much trouble so I guess that is an option, to sell the coil assembly. My gut feeling is that people are really gonna like the coil that comes in the Touch and I believe it will last a long time with sane usage. I haven't just powered one up and kept it on for a long time to see what happens first, battery drained or the coil melted. I guess I need to due that experiment, ugh.
Not sure what the life on a ss coil typically is, this is a 22 gauge. @KeroZen what do you think the average life of a ss coil generally is.
Added the logo to the frame
WNnAs77.jpg

Not going to fill in the engraving with anything. The MistVape original had all the engraving filled with black.
I expect to start assembly of the current batch Monday or Tuesday.

That's nice, not too prominent, but maybe it'd be better being more discrete on the bottom or side even? Allowing more untouched natural open grain wood? I think that might be just a little nicer personally... If it needs to be smaller also maybe MVtouch? Then you lose Mist though which is kinda the main part I suppose, I'm overthinking this now lol

Yeah the best way to really see and appreciate clouds is right after taking a hit watching them exhale pov, can see every in and out of the vapor, especially in a sunny dark interior...

Top Bottom