Discontinued MistVape Touch

Vape Dr.

Here is a video of the Mistvape Touch dry usage getting well over 10 hit per stem and the ABV afterwards is still green.
The buzzing at 2:46 is my phone not the vape.

Sorry for the bad quality I was super medicated and figured, why not.:shrug:

I'll get a better one for you all before I'm highly medicated.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Here is a video of the Mistvape Touch dry usage getting well over 10 hit per stem and the ABV afterwards is still green.
The buzzing at 2:46 is my phone not the vape.

Sorry for the bad quality I was super medicated and figured, why not.:shrug:

I'll get a better one for you all before I'm highly medicated.

Or better yet, we will all get medicated and THEN watch your video! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
sweet video, gotta come over and take lessons from you and paytonpenn! I can't get those clouds and not have the abv turn dark brown. How fast do you draw? I've been doing real slow draws, maybe that is the problem?
FF this is embarrassing but I don't know that much about the batteries. Kerozen recommended the 25R among others and I tried it. Worked so good I stopped looking. Even though the link to imrbatteries says button top it looks like a flat top. Based on the description in the link I told @Crussell27 to use a button top and I think he had issues and had to go to a flat top? The one paytonpenn linked to looks like the samsung 25R and it is labelled a flat top. I think the link to the 25R is mislabeled as a button top.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
hey guys!

to find good info on batteries google for "mooch" and a battery name, he also has nice comparisons.
here is a conclusion from his tests:
Up-to-20A2.png

im using the samsung 30qs mostly and think they do perform slightly better than lg hg2.
so what we want is both, hi drain and hi capacity. the ones i named are imo at the optimum currently.

cool vaporizer! :D

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Honestly I didn't even know that high discharge cells existed in protected form. Not so long ago I did some research on protection circuits (BMS/PCM) for single cells and the best I could find was rated for 10A continuous.

I don't think there is any point in having the button top if it's not to hide the protection circuit under the button.

If you can find a genuine cell with both high discharge (i.e. IMR or INR chemistry) and a protection circuit, and the dimensions are right for your application, then yes why not. It would add some extra peace of mind (note that those circuits are not 100% fail-proof either)

Apart from that, I second @funkyjunky for the Samsung 30Q, it's my personal favorite for now. Similar if not better than the LG HG2 but at a lower price, and as a bonus you get a pink wrap instead of brown! :p

I have yet to test the new Sony VTC6 which is also only listed as 15A. I hoped someone in the Milaana thread would order some and report but it didn't happen yet. I think these three cells are really somewhere between 15A and 20A, say 18A continuous and the HG2 is slightly over-rated.

The VTC6 is quite pricey so I'll wait some more:
>> VTC6 - https://www.imrbatteries.com/sony-vtc6-18650-3000mah-20a-flat-top-battery/
>> 30Q - https://www.fasttech.com/product/2363400-authentic-samsung-inr18650-30q-3-6v-3000mah

(almost double price as the second link if for a 2-pack, extra hidden shipping fees excluded though)

b0

Cloudy...
Honestly I didn't even know that high discharge cells existed in protected form. Not so long ago I did some research on protection circuits (BMS/PCM) for single cells and the best I could find was rated for 10A continuous.

I don't think there is any point in having the button top if it's not to hide the protection circuit under the button.

If you can find a genuine cell with both high discharge (i.e. IMR or INR chemistry) and a protection circuit, and the dimensions are right for your application, then yes why not. It would add some extra peace of mind (note that those circuits are not 100% fail-proof either)

Apart from that, I second @funkyjunky for the Samsung 30Q, it's my personal favorite for now. Similar if not better than the LG HG2 but at a lower price, and as a bonus you get a pink wrap instead of brown! :p

I have yet to test the new Sony VTC6 which is also only listed as 15A. I hoped someone in the Milaana thread would order some and report but it didn't happen yet. I think these three cells are really somewhere between 15A and 20A, say 18A continuous and the HG2 is slightly over-rated.

The VTC6 is quite pricey so I'll wait some more:
>> VTC6 - https://www.imrbatteries.com/sony-vtc6-18650-3000mah-20a-flat-top-battery/
>> 30Q - https://www.fasttech.com/product/2363400-authentic-samsung-inr18650-30q-3-6v-3000mah

(almost double price as the second link if for a 2-pack, extra hidden shipping fees excluded though)

I have tried that 25r, hg2 and vtc5 with my Milaana and my favourite are the vtc5 with the hg2 close but both of them are way better that the 25th IME.

Wanna try the 30q and vtc6 at some point but until my Milaana is back or I get this puppy it doesn't make any sense to buy more batteries atm.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
sweet video, gotta come over and take lessons from you and paytonpenn! I can't get those clouds and not have the abv turn dark brown. How fast do you draw? I've been doing real slow draws, maybe that is the problem?
FF this is embarrassing but I don't know that much about the batteries. Kerozen recommended the 25R among others and I tried it. Worked so good I stopped looking. Even though the link to imrbatteries says button top it looks like a flat top. Based on the description in the link I told @Crussell27 to use a button top and I think he had issues and had to go to a flat top? The one paytonpenn linked to looks like the samsung 25R and it is labelled a flat top. I think the link to the 25R is mislabeled as a button top.

Well, I ordered some flat tops and if they don't seem to fit (make contact) then I'll report back.

Maybe those who are receiving the earlier orders (I'm not until #18) can let us all know what they are experiencing in the meantime?

images

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
These have probably been around for a long time but i just found them, $6
bHB2U1D.jpg

https://www.imrbatteries.com/cases/
This is a four pack case with a magnetic lid. Spare battery two stems and a stash vial? I bought a few and will test them out.
Also got some sony vtc 5 batteries.
@RelaxedNow I believe it is a flat top battery. The IMR site lists the samsung 25R as button top but I believe it is a flat top, the listing is incorrect. @Crussell27 got some button tops and had to swap them for flat tops.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

These have probably been around for a long time but i just found them, $6
bHB2U1D.jpg

https://www.imrbatteries.com/cases/
This is a four pack case with a magnetic lid. Spare battery two stems and a stash vial? I bought a few and will test them out.
Also got some sony vtc 5 batteries.
@RelaxedNow I believe it is a flat top battery. The IMR site lists the samsung 25R as button top but I believe it is a flat top, the listing is incorrect. @Crussell27 got some button tops and had to swap them for flat tops.

Don't want to veer off topic, but I would advise that the stem be capped or stored without a screen.

I tried one of those 2 battery case and put in an 18650 (tiny tear) and a stem for my Arizer Air with a screen, but no medicine or stem cap. The screen fell out of the stem and touched the battery. The Battery arced and I am lucky I realized it almost immediately. I knocked the pieces apart.

If that would have happened in someone's purse the result could be waaaay bad.

If someone wanted to buy one of these mist vapes, how would they do it??

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Did anyone get an email to pay yet? Pretty sure I'm #10 and haven't gotten an email
send me an email, I'll let you know where you are at, I don't have all the fc handles on the list just names and emails so I don't know without an email. I shipped 6 so far and will have more this week.

Don't want to veer off topic, but I would advise that the stem be capped or stored without a screen.

I tried one of those 2 battery case and put in an 18650 (tiny tear) and a stem for my Arizer Air with a screen, but no medicine or stem cap. The screen fell out of the stem and touched the battery. The Battery arced and I am lucky I realized it almost immediately. I knocked the pieces apart.

If that would have happened in someone's purse the result could be waaaay bad.

If someone wanted to buy one of these mist vapes, how would they do it??

@sickmanfraud that is a great tip, hadn't thought of that one. I believe the four pack is more secure but definitely need to consider your scenario.
Next month I hope to get a load of stems delivered so I'll offer extras (thinking $9), two packs and the four pack with 2 stems and a stash vial. Still thinking about it so we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Just ordered off IMRBatteries, went with the HG2's. Got a Nitecore Digicharger too with the readouts and shit. The prices were a bit better than Amazon, $17 for 2 on Amazon vs $18 for 3. $24 for the charger, vs $30 (I do think you got a car charger cord and a case with that $30 on Amazon though) Big plus was being able to pay for 2 day priority and no wait, Amazon didn't have a good option. Thank you kind folks who recommended it and illumn.

If you use code IMRCASE, I believe you get one of these free. I ordered a plastic carrying case too for a $1, maybe this can be nice to put that case in this case, and extra stem on side or something to just have everything together. Idk, but a free case is a free case.

https://www.imrbatteries.com/imrbatteries-carrying-case-for-18650-26650-batteries/

Mine should be here this afternoon, but I don't have any batteries! I do have one I use in a K-box for my Hercules, not sure if 20A continuous. I'll have to check. My local ecig shop sells Efests but I was a bit wary of those, had a few in the past and the wraps just fell apart with minimal usage. Plus they gouge you on price.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
It arrived! I sampled it, I had an LG HE2, and that does indeed work. It wasn't fully charged, and I'll be charging when I get home from work tonight for more testing :) didn't want to leave it on there for 4+ hours when not around. But this is battery, and it definitely worked!

https://www.imrbatteries.com/lg-he2-18650-2500mah-35a-3-7v-rechargeable-flat-top-battery/

My first impressions are really happy. The wood is really cool and slick looking. It's ergonomic for me but I do have big hands, I can fully clutch the base and hit with my thumb and the only part protruding from view is a bit of the top and the stem. The craftsmanship really is quite nice. I didn't spend that long inspecting it tbh as I was in a rush, but the bottom of mine is not flush. It sits upright fine, just not flush to the body the whole way across, juts out like a mm or two more on the heater side. I don't honestly care, it honestly looks great, but figured worth noting. I do really like the wood, whatever it is, it has some awesome iridescent (shimmer) qualities and mine has some cool spots on it, honestly can't praise that aspect enough as most portable wood vapes, IMO, have very plain woods, ie walnut, cherry, maple. Even if this is one of those, it has a lot of luster and the wood looks better IMO to a lot of wooden vapes out. Really great build quality and craftsmanship.

Also, reading back, @Shit Snacks , I used mine with right hand and thumb :lol: I even hit it horizontally and the screw didn't hit my nose or nothin!

Also, I spoke with PicturesOfPot a few weeks back, he said his stem is loose in the joint? I believe @Vape Dr. also mentioned this (I assume he had this issue since he has those o-rings on it in his video?) Mine is very tight and fits great. I can twist it around if I pull it out a MM or two, but with regards to it sitting in there, I don't have to worry about it twisting. Very nice!

My coil is also skewed slightly in one direction, not sure if that is the norm or not. Believe it was!

So, this very much reminds me of my Underdog. With the battery I was using, I was able to get through a full stem, turn it very dark, in about 8-10 hits. Learning curve and all. I also naturally draw pretty fast so I got some really great tasty hits at the top, and those progressed until it was pretty dark. I have hotspot but I kind of assumed as even my logs have hotspots and the Sticky brick. I do a little stir about halfway through. This may be rectified more too with a full charge on my battery, more oomph so to speak. Wasn't a big deal or anything, and the load was fully toasted!

I then did a half stem, cause was worried about battery life and didn't want to get shitfaced. I purposely drew slower on this, and roasted it a bit quicker, but still was able to eek out like 5-6 hits until it was pretty dark. Again, had a hotspot in it. Didn't stir as there wasn't much, but did turn the stem and seemed to fix it. The hotspots were honestly totally expected as its the nature of the beast of convection and your pack but again, just wanted to note everything I noticed.

I also was worried about 14mm being too small, but the stem is really nice too, I like it alot. Was looking through some adapters to see if I could fit one, and they are a bit more narrow then the stock stem (just on the interior of the GonG, seems like they would fit fine), still will try as I have extra basket screens around.

This thing really reminded me a lot of my Underdog........good thing! Almost nicer in a sense as I always cash my stems in my dog in about 3 hits, this really let me savor some taste. Still gonna try to cash quick later :p I can't wait to test it out further tonight. I'll take some videos/photos etc as well. But my first impressions are really really happy, and totally worth the $. Definitely think I'll buy an extra stem sometime and maybe even GonGs if you did make them. I have some silicon hose that I'm just gonna put a piece on the stem, imagine that will seal itself on a 14 as that's what I did with my Hammer stem these seem same size off top of head.

Cheers all! Thanks for making this @mistvaporizer , this is a really sweet product and think it will make lots of people happy :)

Top Bottom