• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Missing a hard hitting dry herb session vape in my rotation

Alexis

Literally too many good options for the fortunately non cannabis and vaporizer allergic First World resident lol!

I keep telling everybody, if Flower is your main game, you like or are happy with larger loads, and simply want to get the highest you possibly can by vaporizing flower- check the Deluxe Verdamper out!

Otherwise, seeing as the Glass Symphony became a lost relic in time, the somehwat overratted G43 (IMO) ran it's short course (zero disrespect to the inventor btw), and also in my own opininon, the EVO didn't match my expectations and experience of it's leading desktop rivals....

You can't go wrong with any of the Flowerpot heads and configurations, or the Herborizer Ti system.

I'm scratching my head for the other world leading desktops. I feel obliged to mention the Supreme, but it is not a 0.3 gr upwards capacity vape, more a one or two hitter.

So there you have it, in my view.

If you want the hardest hitting big bowl desktop- verdamper it is.

Flowerpot and Herborizer Ti lack the capacity for equally large loads as tge Verdamper, but would be my other two desktop suggestions.

Edit- just seen others shouting the Volcano above. The Hybrid did indeed stir up quite a storm after release. I would only suggest the Hybrid if you wanted the best high and effects, from the Volcano range.

The Vapbong is another which may be worthy of a shout.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman It was actually a video of someone hitting a sticky brick that made me realize I wanted something with more of a punch. But I'm not into butane, also use my dynavap exclusively with IH.

It may be worth pointing out that the way you use butane with the brick is very different from the "cooking heroin on a spoon" vibe that dynavaps can have. Much more like hitting a pipe. I use my maxx with a precooler and then a tube with glass mouthpiece and it almost hits a bit too hard for me. But if you're set on electric, I hear the alpha dog should also be crazy good...
What sunyata says: I also only use my handful of vapcaps with induction heaters but that's nothing to do with the impressive extraction, excellent flavor, and superb ritual of a Brick.

By all means drop that money on a Weedeater or some comparable desktop. Just swing back around to try a Brick at some point.

Alexis

What sunyata says: I also only use my handful of vapcaps with induction heaters but that's nothing to do with the impressive extraction, excellent flavor, and superb ritual of a Brick.

By all means drop that money on a Weedeater or some comparable desktop. Just swing back around to try a Brick at some point.
The Brick does deserve a shout too. Very versatile, adaptable, multiple configurations, models and setups, and indeed a true hard hitter with very high quality vapor and easy open airflow.

Definitely one of the more undercredited vaporizers still I feel, despite no doubt a large fan base and large number of happy users globally.

cooper

I have a classic, do you have the classic to compare it to? I can try to vape 1 g into 3 thick bags, but they will likely be too thick for my throat/lungs, even pulled through a bubbler. Im just kinda at a loss for how thick this vapor is or how big your lungs are.
No mate, no classic here.

You need a bong full of ice and 3 people for the 1g trick, all of which will melt into the carpet on the exhale :)

The hybrid isn't just a bag filler with a whip throw in for good measure. The combo of the sealed air path and conductive heat really mixes things up.

Alexis

No mate, no classic here.

You need a bong full of ice and 3 people for the 1g trick, all of which will melt into the carpet on the exhale :)

The hybrid isn't just a bag filler with a whip throw in for good measure. The combo of the sealed air path and conductive heat really mixes things up.
Yes I never used any Volcanoes myself, but it is clear to me, and has been fairly firmly stated by others, that the Hybrid vapor is effectively different, noticeably more potent and full bodied.

Not just extra ponies with tricks lol!

It seems they made a genuine upgrade to the vaporizer's function and extraction fair play, albeit at a questionably high price.

The Verdamper will still hit harder, at half the cost practically.

Drug

The SB line-up is beginning to grow on me. I especially like having the option to use it with water. Which one would you recommend for this purpose and considering my previously stated preferences? I think the Hydrobrick Maxx is more gadget-y than my needs. So if I want a decent water filtration, I believe my options are the regular Hydrobrick, Flip Brick or The Brick with the hydro add-on. The former two being way more affordable than the latter. You'd reckon the upgrade's worth the premium? I think I got some threads to go read..

Vaporware

I haven’t used a brick, but they do interest me and they should perform very well too. There are options from O’Connell, Dreamwood and others if the Sticky Brick offerings aren’t exactly what you want.

What keeps stopping me from buying one is that the exhaust from the torch goes directly into the air intake as you’re inhaling, so if there is any butane left or if there are any byproducts around the flame that you may not want to breathe in you’re going to breathe them in every time you use it.

Most users seem to be fine with that and not have problems I’m aware of, but it does concern me a bit and I would at least recommend making sure you always have a very good torch that’s working as expected if you go this route.

Alexis

The SB line-up is beginning to grow on me. I especially like having the option to use it with water. Which one would you recommend for this purpose and considering my previously stated preferences? I think the Hydrobrick Maxx is more gadget-y than my needs. So if I want a decent water filtration, I believe my options are the regular Hydrobrick, Flip Brick or The Brick with the hydro add-on. The former two being way more affordable than the latter. You'd reckon the upgrade's worth the premium? I think I got some threads to go read..
Mate, I still really want you to have the enjoyment and sheer, effortess raw medicating power of the Verdamper. Just don't rule it out yet entirely is all I can say I guess.

Whatever you decide, you have enough excellent options on the table I expect and hope you will get exactly what you are looking for.

And very valid considerstion from @VaporWare regarding the direct butane byproduct inhalation.

He summed it up well. As well as a decent, well functioning torch, I'd suggest tge cleanest butane as well.

Kins

The Volcano Hybrid works great with water. Especially with the Obsidian water attachment. It really makes a difference in the smoothness of the vapor. Great upgrade. I had two of them. Only thing is the glass is really thin. I broke two of them while cleaning. I dropped each one by mistake but only about 4-6 inches from the bottom of the sink.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
While I can wholeheartedly recommend the og Brick, it's the only one I've owned or tried and it's not the best option for water.

Folks use the Runt with a WPA and always seem delighted but the fit of the Runt doesn't impress me and the mouthpiece on the og provides as much cooling as I need for even big hits. The flavor is first rate and you can vape anything from a scoop to .3g or more as fast as you like. The size of the og lets me keep the lighter away from my face and I enjoy the ritual of watching the mouthpiece milk up like a bong. So yeah: find your answer about the water-friendly options and of course the FP options and whatever else. Brick gets a thumbs up from me for sure though.

Vaporware

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention @Ed's TnT ’s Pipescents! It’s a different form, but it is usable directly and through 14mm glass without modification. :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention @Ed's TnT ’s Pipescents! It’s a different form, but it is usable directly and through 14mm glass without modification. :)

Like MistVape Essence too!

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
I have the Maxx because I got it for cheap on ebay and it came out cheaper than buying a new hydrobrick + glass mouthpiece. And that is pretty much the advantage of the Maxx over Hydro, the little glass vial I've never used and don't really see the point of it. Same goes for the top cover bit. I don't intend on travelling with a brick anyway and you can't store a MP in it. I just keep the top cover bit turned upside down as a little tool container on my vape shelf... Looks pretty enough though and is pretty useful in that regard, but it's not really the intended purpose. But would definitely recommend the Hydro/Maxx because of the versatility. You can use it through water, you can use it with a mouthpiece, you can use if with a hydratube thingie, with a silicon tube, all easy.

I also have a flip brick which I really like, but I mostly use it with with a mouthpiece like a mini OG if that makes sense. But if you're looking for a fast and powerful extraction the Maxx/HB is the better format. For me personally it's actually the inverse, I kinda like the more gentle nature of the flip brick. Should be noted that restrictor disks also make a difference here - the flip brick w/o restrictor disk is a lot more temperamental than the Maxx w/o restrictor disk, and for super fast super hard hitting extraction you likely want to avoid the disk.

Drug

Thanks for weighing in @sunyata that was exactly the kind of info I needed. I'm liking the idea of adding a HydroBrick a lot and with the price it's kind of hard to keep me from buying one right away lol. Besides that it checks all my boxes and though other offerings might beat it in some aspects, I still reckon it'll nicely complement my Splinter Z. Shortlist material right here!

werdna

Thanks for this thread. Very helpful!

I am also in the market for a big hitting black Friday bargain.

I am down to a choice between a FlowerPot and a VapBong. Does anyone have both? What are your thoughts?

werdna,
Reactions: arb

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for this thread. Very helpful!

I am also in the market for a big hitting black Friday bargain.

I am down to a choice between a FlowerPot and a VapBong. Does anyone have both? What are your thoughts?

Sounds like vapbong is going to be doing another big sale, if it's anything like there 420 sale it will be a very steep discount especially for US customers... Hiiiiighly recommended, though I have not yet tried a flowerpot, I doubt it will be as cheap and certainly will not be as artfully unique!

Hippie

@cooper yes it's not quite as hard hitting as the FP but it's still a very tasty heavy hitter in its own right
There's a few posts on what material and how many balls in the Elev8R thread that are worth a read to bring you up to speed.
I'm using 3mm borosilicate beads up to the top spike, in mine. If I was starting again tho, I think I would try wrapping the heater and stuffing the spikes with aluminium foil to spread the heat and minimise the amount of coil reshaping needed as the guys that have done that are running at the lowest temps I've seen posted.

Top Bottom