Missing a hard hitting dry herb session vape in my rotation

Drug

I used to consume through a Cloud Evo with a water piece until I dropped it and broke the stem. That's a couple years ago but I did enjoy it while it lasted. It quickly became my daily driver and never failed to deliver.

After that it's mainly been my Splinter Z which I like a lot for stretched sessions, but it's obviously another style vape than a desktop vapexhale. I recently started dabbling in the dynaverse which I enjoy but not for hard hitting nor for session. I use a ArGo through water which offers a pretty fast extraction but limited bowl size and just not that versatile.

So with Black Friday next month and this itch I got I was hoping for some guidance towards a new vape that can hit hard, extract fast, and allows a bowl size of at least .3 g.

I'm definitely thinking desktop territory for this one. I came across the Flowerpot which is available in EU where I live in a weed eater essentials kit and the whole thing is just really appealing. I'm kind of leaning towards that one already, as it's within price range (500 limit) and the concept is innovative and people like it, it's versatile even without the VROD (I'm only interested in dry herb anyway due to availability).

As you can see I'm pretty much sold already. But There's so much out there these days and I hope to make this purchase part of my daily setup, replacing my Splinter Z. My plan is to use dynavap during the daytime for non-recreational low doses and use my to be acquired vape when the day is over and I want to chill out and get vaked.

So what do you think? Is the Flowerpot up for the task, or are there other vapes I should look into?

Drug,
Reactions: YaMon

ginolicious

I love my Vapir Rise for a nice desktop session vape. Big bowls. Great flavour. Allows for a nice drawn out session. Or you could look at a SSV.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Drug

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Folks do love a FP. Have you used an og Brick or Maxx? Splinter Zs are my dd but my Brick is my heaviest hitter with super quick extraction and excellent vapor quality. I'd use mine more if I could resist killing any sized bowl in two or three big hits.

Last edited:

Drug

@Siebter That VapBong looks interesting. I will read into that.

@ginolicious That super surfer upgrade looks cool and plenty versatile. Good option.

@bossman It was actually a video of someone hitting a sticky brick that made me realize I wanted something with more of a punch. But I'm not into butane, also use my dynavap exclusively with IH.

Chainfish

LSV would be my 1st pick, long water adapter and stock wand capable of vaping a chunk in a couple of hits or in a session, with accessories can grab for under £200 in UK. Plenty comes to mind for someone wanting to go through large amounts of herb, but not really a heavy hitter. Flowerpot seems to tick your boxes also

BringMacarenaBack

Not a desktop user but I use to have the hippie rebel good for both herb and concentrate use. Good draw and vapor and fits to your hand. Down side is it has has a bit of weight in it. Also, looking for a new vape for dry herbs. I don't mind getting a desktop kind of vape.

BringMacarenaBack,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@Drug I think the vape you suggested fits your needs best, I do not own a FP but it looks like the winner. My sesh vape is the Plenty but that can take over an hour when sipping to finish the up to 1+gram bowl this changes when ripping on a bong but I don't do that anymore since taking up dabbing my own rosin.

Drug

Yes the Flowerpot is still looking good. Definitely on the watch list for a Black Friday deal.

Reading into the VapBong it gets a lot of love for performance and it's apparently capable of handling hash. There's the sweetest Moroccan hash being imported here which was a favorite of mine in combusting days, but never had a vape that really handled it well. Would be nice to have some hash again after more than 10 years.

Good suggestions overall, plenty of devices that I hadn't thought of myself, thanks for weighing in everybody.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
@Siebter That VapBong looks interesting. I will read into that.

@ginolicious That super surfer upgrade looks cool and plenty versatile. Good option.

@bossman It was actually a video of someone hitting a sticky brick that made me realize I wanted something with more of a punch. But I'm not into butane, also use my dynavap exclusively with IH.

It may be worth pointing out that the way you use butane with the brick is very different from the "cooking heroin on a spoon" vibe that dynavaps can have. Much more like hitting a pipe. I use my maxx with a precooler and then a tube with glass mouthpiece and it almost hits a bit too hard for me. But if you're set on electric, I hear the alpha dog should also be crazy good...

justcametomind

I have used a lot of hard hitting plugins, I think that FP and Herborizer (digi)Ti are on the same level, I like that the FP has less glass part and even if you drop your glass piece, if you have another one, you can be operational a minute later, while the Herborizer has a glass part on the heating element, doesn't have a metal bowl and so on. These 2 vapes are both (imho) superior to the Evo, but I can be wrong.
What's really (imho) on another level is the Supreme line of vapes (I own a Sv3dually I got from lacentralevapeur). I made of it a plugin unit with the JCat mod. Electric or butane, it gets me higher than anything else, lets me go trough a lot of weed in no time if I need it, there's no need of grinding and flavor is one of the best I tried if not the best. I use it mostly as a goodnight vape, for the last session of the day.
Another very hard hitting device is the Verdamper, also available in EU without much effort.
Sublimator should also be on your list but the unit (old&new) is not readily available (and the maker is not the most reliable out there).

Last edited:

cooper

Volcano hybrid? The thing can be used many ways it's extremely versatile. I would love to try a flowerpot, they look awesome.

cooper,

Drug

@justcametomind Yeah De Verdamper is legendary and it's kind of nice that it's named in my native language lol, but that glass is gonna break. Same with the herbolizer. And it seems pricey to replace compared to the FP, and with the FP if I break something I can treat myself with a new water piece, which is way less boring and hurting than a literal replica to replace something broken.

@cooper Definitely deserves to be mentioned but somehow it just never appealed to me.

cooper

@justcametomind Yeah De Verdamper is legendary and it's kind of nice that it's named in my native language lol, but that glass is gonna break. Same with the herbolizer. And it seems pricey to replace compared to the FP, and with the FP if I break something I can treat myself with a new water piece, which is way less boring and hurting than a literal replica to replace something broken.

@cooper Definitely deserves to be mentioned but somehow it just never appealed to me.
I don't know why the hybrid doesnt get more love. Im not aware of anything it doesn't do really well:hmm:

justcametomind

I don't know why the hybrid doesnt get more love. Im not aware of anything it doesn't do really well:hmm:
It had issues due to metal particulate, and I still didn't get to know if the melting orange pieces of the bowl, melt/scorch because of user error or it's still a faulty design. My suspect is that leaving it on full power, with the bowl connected on top of the heater for whip style use makes it prone to scorching. One case or another I'm still tempted but I don't think it's the time to buy it, it's price dropped quite a bit just after the launch and imho it will drop further. Bag style it's still the main thing imho and all the add ons apart from whip style use, are unnecessary and counterproductive (bt, touch screen) because they make it pricier and more prone to RMAs.

Last edited:

cooper

It had issues due to metal particulate, and I still didn't get to know if the melting orange pieces of the bowl, melt/scorch because of user error or it's still a faulty design. My suspect is that leaving it on full power, with the bowl connected on top of the heater for whip style use makes it prone to scorching. One case or another I'm still tempted but I don't think it's the time to buy it, it's price dropped quite a bit just after the launch and imho it will drop further. Bag style it's still the main thing imho and all the add ons apart from whip style use, are unnecessary and counterproductive (bt, touch screen) because they make it pricier and more prone to RMAs.
The problems have been solved, the app is awesome (No shit) and if you let the weed heat soak for 2 min it can annihilate a 1g+ load in 3 big hits. I can't fault mine.

It is expensive and a price drop seems right to me. I do feel it's had a unnecessarily bad wrap though. S&B really stuffed it's rep with the metal dust and scorched plastic. Mine never had these issues.

Sorry OP, Ill stop volcanoing your thread now lol

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
The problems have been solved, the app is awesome (No shit) and if you let the weed heat soak for 2 min it can annihilate a 1g+ load in 3 big hits. I can't fault mine.

It is expensive and a price drop seems right to me. I do feel it's had a unnecessarily bad wrap though. S&B really stuffed it's rep with the metal dust and scorched plastic. Mine never had these issues.

Sorry OP, Ill stop volcanoing your thread now lol
I have a classic, do you have the classic to compare it to? I can try to vape 1 g into 3 thick bags, but they will likely be too thick for my throat/lungs, even pulled through a bubbler. Im just kinda at a loss for how thick this vapor is or how big your lungs are.

Philabrookla,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Kins

Love my volcano hybrid. No problems with it. It's even better with Obsiden attachment. Although the Obsidan has cheap thin glass....I dropped a broke the 2 that I had. Only dropped them an inch or two in the sink while cleaning and they shattered.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Underdog Alpha Dog.
Regular nong on the left Alpha center and 18 to 18 right for scale.
Won't burn you or break as easy as quite a few mentioned is beautiful tastes great and hits like a freight train.
IMG-20201027-214837.jpg
IMG-20200707-151650-2.jpg

Top Bottom