MiniVAP Vaporizer

Cannabliss*420

Where did you see this? The listings that I see still show just 4 presets. I'd snap up another one in a heartbeat if it had 7 presets!
Jorge from minivap said in email that you could change to 7 presets and pick lowest and highest temp. I think you could arrange to send in your existing unit in and have him update it with the firmware for custom settings. Email him

My minivap is out for delivery

Sn4Pz

Im amazed by this little Hubble Bubble's ability to cool down the vapor compared to some of the larger (comparatively) water pieces (used dry) that I have!

The vapor is at least twice as cool as it was before, I didn't even need to take a sip of water after blasting through a medium bowl (thats half a gram, right?) on red!! 😍

Only bad part is the mouthpiece isnt exactly centered 😂

d81559233e25d3d319ba797649288aac26a1c804.jpeg

Last edited:

Kins

It's an ok VAPE but I really don't like the flexicone and would rather have a glass mouthpiece. Doesn't really look like that's possible without using the flexicone. Flavor is great. Basket sizes are too small. Wish there were bigger ones or a bowl that was bigger. Air has to pass through so overpacking can cause issues. However if there was a bigger bowl we could fill it half way and have great results. I share with the wife and I have to constantly reload. Since I have had my Volcano Hybrid it seems I can't find anything with the same capacity to produce vapor and to hold herb!. Need a vape that is on demand and I can reasonably share. Volcano Hybrid vapor is harsh especially without an obsidian attachment. However the bowl size is perfect and I can't even finish a fully loaded bowl on the volcano if I'm on my own. Even when I vape with the wife we don't always finish the bowl. The volcano isn't on demand though and if the device is on, or even cooling down it still cooks the herb. So if you don't vape it, it'll still become avb in a while from just the housing with bowl sitting on the device. For me if the volcano hybrid was on demand that would be the perfect vape.

Kins,
Reactions: Vitolo

guyonthecouch

However if there was a bigger bowl we could fill it half way and have great results. I share with the wife and I have to constantly reload. Since I have had my Volcano Hybrid it seems I can't find anything with the same capacity to produce vapor and to hold herb!. Need a vape that is on demand and I can reasonably share.
Have you tried packing the chamber direct with no basket at all? I'm pretty sure it's the largest capacity chamber for portables available on the market, should be sufficient to share between two people. If not, I'd just stick with the Volcano for sharing. Fill the baskets and/or chamber all the way to the brim with a light tamp, don't pack it tight (like you would a pax for example) to allow good airflow.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
It's an ok VAPE but I really don't like the flexicone and would rather have a glass mouthpiece. Doesn't really look like that's possible without using the flexicone. Flavor is great. Basket sizes are too small. Wish there were bigger ones or a bowl that was bigger. Air has to pass through so overpacking can cause issues. However if there was a bigger bowl we could fill it half way and have great results. I share with the wife and I have to constantly reload. Since I have had my Volcano Hybrid it seems I can't find anything with the same capacity to produce vapor and to hold herb!. Need a vape that is on demand and I can reasonably share. Volcano Hybrid vapor is harsh especially without an obsidian attachment. However the bowl size is perfect and I can't even finish a fully loaded bowl on the volcano if I'm on my own. Even when I vape with the wife we don't always finish the bowl. The volcano isn't on demand though and if the device is on, or even cooling down it still cooks the herb. So if you don't vape it, it'll still become avb in a while from just the housing with bowl sitting on the device. For me if the volcano hybrid was on demand that would be the perfect vape.
As others said, load the whole bowl! I'm also not quite fond of the flexicones

If you can, pick up the 14mm WPA. Gives me *much* better vapor than the stock mouthpiece.

nitro

I just received my first MiniVAP (Glass Core) and am so excited to try it out, but unfortunately I‘m experiencing some kind of bug.

At first it‘s heating up as it should, LED is blinking. Then all of a sudden it shuts off and when I try to restart the unit, both LEDs are on indefinitely and I have to twist the battery pack off and on in order to restart. After that restart the unit works quite wonderfully. A couple hours later I had the same problems.

Does anyone have any advise? I already contacted hermes and I‘m sure they‘ll contact me quite soon.

Kins

As others said, load the whole bowl! I'm also not quite fond of the flexicones

If you can, pick up the 14mm WPA. Gives me *much* better vapor than the stock mouthpiece.

I have both WPA but they attach to the flexicone instead of attaching straight to the vaporizer and other side goes in a water piece. Also does anyone else have an extra level of heat?. Mine has a white color in addition to the others that are listed in quick start guide.

Last edited:
Kins,

Smknbud

I have both WPA but they attach to the flexicone instead of attaching straight to the vaporizer and other side goes in a water piece. Also does anyone else have an extra level of heat?. Mine has a white color in addition to the others that are listed in quick start guide.
Where is it in the sequence of choices? After red?

I just received my first MiniVAP (Glass Core) and am so excited to try it out, but unfortunately I‘m experiencing some kind of bug.

At first it‘s heating up as it should, LED is blinking. Then all of a sudden it shuts off and when I try to restart the unit, both LEDs are on indefinitely and I have to twist the battery pack off and on in order to restart. After that restart the unit works quite wonderfully. A couple hours later I had the same problems.

Does anyone have any advise? I already contacted hermes and I‘m sure they‘ll contact me quite soon.
When you twist the two together (core and battery) do you feel it click into place?

Smknbud

Yes, there is a resistance and then clicks into place.
If you look at the contact points of the battery and core they are really tiny and any misalignment and the MV will act wacky. I know it's new, but maybe try cleaning those contact points.

Smknbud,
Reactions: nitro

justcametomind

OT but you're basically describing a Plenty, except it isn't "on demand" meaning ready in a few seconds, but neither the miniVAP is.
Especially if you disconnect the Plenty's bowl+mouthpiece from the rest of the vape, there's no risk it cooks your weed (ime not much risk even if you leave it on).
Just to partially return in topic IIRC MV maker Jeorge left Storz&Bickel just when the Plenty was released/had to be released and they always seemed similar in some ways, to me. Cord is pretty long too.

Last edited:
justcametomind,
Reactions: dimmusp

nitro

Unfortunately I'm still experiencing this bug, but for everyone who happens to own a mini sticky bubbler, I really dig using this bubbler with the flexicone+. The seal is really good and it smoothes the vapor even without water in it.

nitro,

Razhumikin

Unfortunately I'm still experiencing this bug, but for everyone who happens to own a mini sticky bubbler, I really dig using this bubbler with the flexicone+. The seal is really good and it smoothes the vapor even without water in it.
I've never experienced the bug you are describing, but as I mentioned above in the thread I have experienced a somewhat similar bug, where the device starts but then instead of heating up it just gets stuck on an unblinking red light, and will not respond to controls. I think that what Smknbud said is the main culprit for both of these problems, mainly that the connection points are very small and any kind of misalignment will cause an issue. I have also found that i sometimes experience the same problem if there is an issue with the charger (i.e., if the charger isnt plugged in correctly it will give me the same error, and it will resolve when i unplug and replug the charger). I wouldnt worry too much about it, and would just manually reset by unscrewing and rescrewing the battery every time it happens. If this doesnt fix the problem, or you find it so persistent that it becomes a nuisance, I would contact their customer service at info@minivap.com. They have been somewhat slow to respond to me, but have been very courteous and helpful when they do.

On another note, you should try the WPA directly in the regular flexicone with a J-hook. its become my absolute favorite way to vape of any of my devices over the last few days.

Kins

Shouldn't the device charge even when the product is off?. I put mine on the base and no lights light up if it's off. I find this strange because any other device that's rechargable will usually light up a light that blinks when charging and is solid when charged. Also no one else seems to have the mysterious white light either.

Kins,

Razhumikin

Shouldn't the device charge even when the product is off?. I put mine on the base and no lights light up if it's off. I find this strange because any other device that's rechargable will usually light up a light that blinks when charging and is solid when charged. Also no one else seems to have the mysterious white light either.
It does, the indicator light is on the charger itself, not the unit. When the unit is charging the indicator light on the charging cord is red, when full its green.

Kins

It does, the indicator light is on the charger itself, not the unit. When the unit is charging the indicator light on the charging cord is red, when full its green.

The light on the charging cord is full green even if just turned on without the minivape even being on the charger. Also the light on the unit itself IS a battery indicator and will tell you if it's charges. I also seem to have the problem where when you turn it on you just get solid lights and the buttons don't do anything. Then I have to take it apart and put it back together get it to respond again. Ok so the the light in front on the Minivap logo side is the light to indicate heat levels. The light on the back of the device indicates battery level. Also I let the wife use it last night and it combusted again. The wife says "The thing went nuts and then tasted all nasty".

Last edited:
Kins,

Kins

I don't know about this vape. It's very flakey with intermittent problems that almost everyone seems to have. Buyers remorse here times 10!. Draw resistance is too much. Flexicone is annoying and doesn't help anyone. The WPA just attaches to the flexicone so you have to carry Minivap and whatever piece your using. You need two hands to vape with this. Other vapes are much more sturdy and don't rely on flimsy silicone hoses to attach a water piece which seems pretty dumb to me. Wouldn't you want the connection as strong as possible?. My tinymight destroys this thing in function and in potent cool vapor. Minivap combusts easily and gives poor quality vapor.

Kins,
  • Wow
Top Bottom