MiniVAP Vaporizer

kimura

Yep, it's all your fault I'm in this thread, I saw your post and read the comments and now here I am!
This device looks like the only thing I've seen so far that would replace my mighty, been thinking of selling it to offset the cost of a minivap as I don't see the point in having both.
Mighty is a better option for sticking in your pocket and using outside the house / on the go. I need to use some sort of glass like a jhook with the mV

Pagan Zod

If you really want to test the power, try loading half as much as you'd normally load in your crafty, not double. 😄😄
I only meant that the Crafty bowl is 0.25g and the large MiniVAP baskets are capable of 0.5g. I have been following the suggested usage method, where there is plenty of space at the top of the basket for air to flow and circulate, as well as only lightly tamping the load.

I need to use some sort of glass like a jhook with the mV
I find that my j-hook stays cooler (I leave it in the freezer when not in use) on my MV than when I use it with my Crafty+, even vaping at temps that are higher than Crafty is capable of. Crazy how smooth the MV vapor is. I don’t agree at all with the website recommendation of needing to use a water device with the glass core. It makes it sound like the vapor is hot and harsh—Sahara desert-like conditions in your mouth and throat and lungs, if you will—when it isn’t. Even at the highest temps, the vapor is smooth and clean, no harshness killing the chill.

edit: mods, I just noticed I posted back-to-back and it isn’t giving me the option to delete one of my posts so I can combine them. In my defense, I was on a completely different page in the forum when I posted my first post and didn’t realize on my second post that it immediately followed my other post, otherwise I would have just edited the first post. Again, I’m new to posting around here, but I promise to be diligent about not making the same mistakes...

kimura

Yeah I don’t ever use water with the mV but I prefer to cool the vapor with a j hook or dry rig. Can’t handle it straight off the flexi+ or using the little plastic oem mouthpiece

Pagan Zod

All right. So, I ordered this bubbler, right? It’s a beautiful hydratube bubbler by TAG, unlike any other I’ve ever seen, made exclusively for newvape’s tsunami vaporizer. I feel it will sit atop my MiniVAP quite nicely, and go completely with the aesthetic cylinder of the vape, adding a near unbroken cylinder of epictude. Imagine, if you will, particularly those who have either the SonG from @Delta3DStudios, or the delrin material variant (from a vendor I’m unable to find), adding to the minimizing gap between MiniVAP and glass. Alas, it was not meant to be this time. As they were pulling the last piece off of the inventory shelves (*my piece) it fell and was irreparably damaged by shattering on the concrete floor. They wrote me this outstandingly contrite apology email and refunded the full purchase price immediately.

Now. I was planning on filling that beautiful piece of glass with some 4mm borosilicate glass beads, laboratory grade, & made to withstand temperatures up to 400-500°C (or 752-933°F, for those of us keeping count). I was inspired recently by discovering these Vapor Tamers over on Elev8 and wanted to see how a rig like that would perform, but in a bubbler as a cooling unit, but Elev8 don’t offer you the opportunity to purchase those lovely colored glass beads just on their own, only available with their glass device. You can get some 3mm beads over at VGoodies though.

So, I already have this hydratube from Huni Badger that I’ve been using since my Arizer Air & Solo II days. It’s not as spacious on the water chamber, but it’s always performed nicely, and I especially liked it because it holds more water than the hydratubes over on Sneaky Pete. My MiniVAP is over 16 inches in height with the MV glass WPA and that bubbler on top. The glass beads arrived from Amazon today, and with the news that I wouldn’t be receiving my TAG bubbler (devastating, I know), I decided to load my Huni Bottle with them and toss it straight in the freezer.

If you like chilled vapor, like you put ice cubes in your bong kind of guy (or gal, who am I to discriminate?), then you really need to try the combination of these frozen glass beads in a bubbler, hydratube, bong, whatever. I ripped a fresh bowl on blurple just now (well...a while ago now, since I’ve been typing this novel). The vapor was the temperature of a crisp winter morning (I live in Utah, so our metric we’ll be using today, folks, is somewhere between 5-15°F). And I created serious bellowing clouds from my draws (on Blurple!). Holy fucking shit! It was hands down the most pleasant experience I’ve ever had, and reaffirms the correct choice of vape by which to savor a connoisseur experience like this. I fucking love discovering new experiences that take my game to the next level, and this took me beyond the clouds and into the stars. Flavors sampled in today’s tasting are Chemodo Dragon (27%) and a sandwiched dab of Bruce Banner (87%).

Happy vaping, sirs. There is no tl;dr, sorry chums.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I just love the straw, IMO the all black with stock straw is quite an inconspicuous devise in spite of its size. One of my favorites for out and about, especially because it can session on a basket and not require constant reloads.

Super easy to clean, though I always wished they made the mouthpiece portion just a little wider to fit a qtip through the end.

Sn4Pz

I just love the straw, IMO the all black with stock straw is quite an inconspicuous devise in spite of its size. One of my favorites for out and about, especially because it can session on a basket and not require constant reloads.

Super easy to clean, though I always wished they made the mouthpiece portion just a little wider to fit a qtip through the end.
Ugh I wish my MV (bought used) came with that! I'll be running flexicone +'s until I can either find someone else stateside with one, or get fed up looking like Im using a child's bendy straw while I'm seshing :rofl:

Pagan Zod

until I can either find someone else stateside with one
DM me your address and I will send you the black mouthpiece that came with my unit, as I don’t really care for it due to contributing to restricted airflow (it’s one of the reasons I started shopping around to replace my Solo II, because I was tired of sucking a thick milkshake to get vapor). I don’t have any spare flexicones to send with it though...so that’s the only downside here. I’ve got plenty of mouthpiece options & don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything significant by giving you this piece, and the frozen glass balls in bubbler combination I discussed in my above post has me swooning rn, and I don’t foresee anything else knocking that off it’s pedestal any time soon, so the black mouthpiece is most likely not going to get a whole lot of play with me.

Sn4Pz

DM me your address and I will send you the black mouthpiece that came with my unit, as I don’t really care for it due to contributing to restricted airflow (it’s one of the reasons I started shopping around to replace my Solo II, because I was tired of sucking a thick milkshake to get vapor). I don’t have any spare flexicones to send with it though...so that’s the only downside here. I’ve got plenty of mouthpiece options & don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything significant by giving you this piece, and the frozen glass balls in bubbler combination I discussed in my above post has me swooning rn, and I don’t foresee anything else knocking that off it’s pedestal any time soon, so the black mouthpiece is most likely not going to get a whole lot of play with me.
Thank you! :)

I don’t have any spare flexicones to send with it though...so that’s the only downside here

I was under the impression that flexicone +'s could be cut down to be used similarly to a regular flexicone, am I wrong? Probably 😂

Last edited:

Pagan Zod

Thank you! :)

I was under the impression that flexicone +'s could be cut down to be used similarly to a regular flexicone, am I wrong? Probably 😂
The flexicone+ will connect to the straight piece, because that piece fits inside the tube, whereas if you want to use the elbow, it fits over the top of the standard flexicone nipple.

Pagan Zod

@Pagan Zod there are more than one size basket. Grab a smaller one.
I tried the small basket last night & it ripped! My dosage is low enough that even with the small basket, it still lasts me 4+ medication sessions. I will have to put small baskets on my next accessories order. Thanks for the suggestion!

P.S. I fucking love that you’ve got George Bluth as your profile pic. Arrested Development is an outstanding series. Currently rewatching the whole series now!

Vizyt91

Is Teflon-Glass superior?. I picked glass and changed my mind.
Hi,
I’ve picked up glass and i changed my mind just after and switch to the teflon-glass like you . After a month of use of the Téflon-glass, i purchased a single glass core 😜 all i can say is i prefer the Téflon core dry During the day and i use my glass core during evenings with a water tool .
None is better, just slightly different (the glass core dry is a bit hard for my throat at green and red but it gives me massive clouds with a water tool, the Teflon is more easy on the throat and gives a little better flavor, don’t get me wrong you can achieve big clouds with the Teflon too.)
All I can say is you can’t go wrong with minivap 🤘

Kins

I just replied to the conformation email saying to switch it. Just hope they get that before shipping out. Choose the free 30 day shipping. Anyone have dealings with their customer service?

Kins,

Sn4Pz

@MinnBobber , I appreciate your ABV picture that is great info for me. I'm hoping someone with the glass core can also upload a ABV pic. Even with the Teflon core and without the temp uptick that looks like good extraction to me.

Here is a pic of what the AVB of two small baskets looks like:

One bowl was regular herb (temps: green and red) and the other was CBD (temp: purple)

e1a891729259f9bdd4715a238996b3ddb89c572d.jpeg

I wish it got a little darker, but I'm definitely not dissapointed.

(I've always wondered, do visable trichomes contain any THC once it's vaped? )

Sn4Pz

Do you still have the Bowle or did you sell it to get a minivap?
I returned it and bought the minivap instead. Now I want to sell my rig and get a J hook :rofl:

I can never make my mind up. Can anyone speak as to how good a fit the glass water piece adapter is? Like how secure is it?

I have the 14mm D3DS WPA and I dont really like how easy it can slip off. :hmm:

Last edited:

Cannabliss*420

Just ordered minivap. Fingers crossed I get it before shipping ban goes into effect. Anyone from USA know time frame on receiving. I paid extra for 3-4 days shipping.

Top Bottom