• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

subway13029

Huh now I'm confused and I just bought mine from sticks about a month ago..but mine doesn't heat up fast so I'm wondering if mine was made before February.

subway13029,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
the teflon core and glass core descriptions are about the outer chamber wall of the air path. all units have a heating element inside this teflon or glass core to heat the air. it's this heater that is ceramic they are referring to.

stickstones,

lwien

Two questions. What was the heater made from before and two, when did they start to implement the new heater into their vapes?

tepictoton

Before it was aluminium, kind of the same as volcano.

Makes sense ceramic will be able to heat up faster, also makes sense that it is being changed, or improved, after some years? Just saw this ' news ' of new heater pass by on their Facebook page.

In a way I guess we all know they do not invest heavenly in marketing (I find that a good thing, more time and money to invest in product and development)

I do wonder now if it is located in the air path or not?

tepictoton,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
This is a late announcement of changes made some time ago. The ceramic is in the air path, as is the aluminum and either the Teflon or glass.

stickstones,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

subway13029

So I'm so confused about my minivap which I love..I'm digging the teflon better than glass because the taste is better and big clouds but here is my "issue if I pack full basket and use it with flexicone and my 18 mm ed wong and a pnwt tube then I get mad clouds starting on pink and then green..like 10 to 15..but same bud and pack same basket and I use through a bong or bubbler then I might get two decent hits and one mega ripper??and then wispy nothing..on red at that..I've tried lower then raise but seems at whatever temp then iflt follows same pattern..weak hit on first then little better on second..then third is mega hit and then after that it pretty much done..would serve why I get so much more clouds with the pnwt??

subway13029,

tepictoton

Smaller volume.... And with bubbler you are definitely drawing in more volume...

So smaller piece equals less volume to fill with vapor, at same time harder pull leads to more volume of vapor extracted...

mixchu69

Stickstones or Eds TNT,

Any advice on cleaning the Wong? I put a lot of mileage on it and was thinking using a pipe cleaner with some bourbon or scotch. But don't want that to alter the taste profile.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
don't use iso. use a dry pipe cleaner first, but make sure it is one of the stiff ones, not the fuzzy ones or you'll get a bunch of fuzz in your mouthpiece. if you want to put just a small amount of iso on the pipe cleaner, that's probably fine, but then let it dry out really good. But the real man for this question is @Ed's TnT

stickstones,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

MinnBobber

@mixchu69 and @stickstones ,

from @Ed's TnT and another method from @Snappo :
These are for stems/wongs with bigger openings but still applies:
.................................................................................
From ED
First off for cleaning you would never ever submerge the stem in any liquid at all! To clean the inside of the stem I would get a cotton swab, soak it high proof alcohol and squeeze out the excess, then swab out the inside of the stem from the mouthpiece end. There is a clip installed just over the screen in the bushing. You will need something narrow and pointed to remove it like a pick of some sort. There is a tiny eyelet in either end of the clip that you can poke some sort of tool into and lift up the clip in a upward/backward motion. Once the clip has been removed you can use the same tool to lift out the screen.Once the inside has been swabbed out, the screen replaced, and the clip reseated over the screen, I would let it sit and dry completely. Once it’s dry you should be good to go.

This is @Snappo method for cleaning which is a great way also -

On another note: Here's a tip on how to really clean the inside of you custom Ed's wooden stems - take a paper towel and twist it into a tight rope, then feed it into the stem through the mouth-tip end while twisting & pushing it through ...keep twisting and you will route out any unwanted residual matter - works much better & more thoroughly than with Q-Tips. If you want an even cleaner extraction, use a very thin wash cloth or handkerchief and moisten with alcohol - use twist & route method above and have a fresh showroom-new Ed's TnT custom stem! And don't forget to use your Ed's Bomb Ass Butter to reinvigorate the wood;-)

................................................................................................

My method is the "old athletic sock" method, those ones with holes in the toes or heels :)
I cut a long strip, you'll need to play with the width. Get the mV adapter warm which serves two purposes:
1. gets the gunk warm and easier to remove
2. gets you in the proper frame of mind for this boring task ;)

Feed cotton sock strip thru with a thin pencil or big paper clip straightened out. Work adapter back and forth, twist sock into cleaning auger, etc. I do this without ISO or liquid. If yours gets really bad then you could use ISO briefly and secondary scrub with another dry cloth.

I hadn't thought to use Ed's Bomb Ass Butter on the inside but that makes sense .

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning all, @FlyingLow wow you beat me to the punch bro, I have been trying to answer emails and catch up with all I have missed the last few days dealing with all I have on my plate and a quite serious unexpected tragedy, all is well but in the end is what it is and how it went down! Thanks for posting the video bro, well done my man well done! I was going to post the same thing here for @mixchu69 @MinnBobber & @stickstones and by the way @MinnBobber thanks to you also for posting up with that info, you are the man and did good! I hope all that info and video helps you all with the cleaning aspect of my pieces! I appreciate you all!

MinnBobber

@Ed's TnT
Could you use your bomb ass butter on the INSIDE of the miniVAP adapter as that gets all the abuse of
hot vapor and oils?
Good idea or bad idea/ don't go there??
Thanks

MinnBobber,
Reactions: killick

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
It's been a while since I've got my MV and slowly but surely I'm using it more than the Mighty. I'm getting used to the smaller loads on the MV and now I look at the Mighty and think that's too much to vape now... plus I'm loving the taste, purest and cleanest vapour out of all the vapes I own. Fucking huge clouds too. I can only use it through water though- without I find the vapour really hot, dry and uncomfortable. But through water, on red, I love it. I'm still only using it through the MFLB orbiter, but that combination is divine.

I've said it before but I can't believe I was using it wrong for so long. I was packing as much material as possible into the basket and tamping it down hard. More weed more stoned right? Wrong! I think doing it like that made it like a poor conduction vape, which or course isn't how the MV works. Once I had loosened up the packing to let some air get through that was it.

I've had mine since May- would I have the newer ceramic heating thingy?

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Ed's TnT
Could you use your bomb ass butter on the INSIDE of the miniVAP adapter as that gets all the abuse of
hot vapor and oils?
Good idea or bad idea/ don't go there??
Thanks

Good morning, hmmmm I myself would not, not that there is anything in the butter that is harmful which it is not, its made from completely natural mineral oil and beeswax, its just I wouldnt want to anything to the inside of the draw hole that may in essence impart on the vapor like the beeswax or the oil. The beeswax does have an odor, I find it pleasing but would think that it would take away from the natural purity of the vapor itself. These are my thoughts and hope I have been helpful!

MinnBobber

Reporting back on my miniVAP accessories from @stickstones :

I am lovin having extra flexicones and baskets. I can load up a second module while working on the first basket. Sometimes I'll partially do basket 1 on green for example and then put in basket 2 on red for night use with a mellower strain and next day finish off basket one.

mV%20SS%20all.jpg

If I used my mV away from home, I'd love them even more as you can preload and take them with you and change out in 3 seconds.
Also like the rimmed screens.

play2GETpaidTUESDAYStoned

Unapproved commercial account.
this miniVAP is too big AT FIRST but seems to work so well apparently! I'm gunna consider this right at the top of my list for a new hand held vape. I use a couple of Inhalaters now. I've heard the taste is alot better out of the miniVAP

I'm also considering the Mighty. Also quite big. Preferably I would like something that fits in a coat pocket, but let's assume I can work around that or live with the sheer size.

Can anyone tell me what the main advantages are of the miniVAP over the MIGHTY? I know some people have traded in their MIGHTY for a miniVAP so that's quite telling for sure.

I would look at other vapes too if something in the future came out that could rival these, but for now I'm narrowing things down to what I perceive to be the TOP TWO performers for the hand held portable vapes on the market. Any info would be great, I like to do MUCH in the way of research and I'm happy for now with the 2 vapes I've got, but I'd drop some coin for another TYPE of vape other than Inhalater if it's all the rage!

play2GETpaidTUESDAYStoned,
Reactions: biohacker

justcametomind

I have both a Crafty and a minivap.
Crafty is quite similar to Mighty apart from screen and battery.
I found the Crafty needs more weed than mV to do the job.
The Crafty/Mighty has a bigger chamber and the heater sortof "pre-cooks" the load adding a little conduction other than convection.
This renders the S&B portables more of a "session vape" while on the mV you can have a sip and let your load on the chamber heating again afterwards.
Considering the mV requires 10 minutes to reach temperature having just a hit is pretty pointless as well, but at least the vape doesn't cook your herbs if you are not hitting it, while the Crafty has this tendency to waste some vapor if you don't want to spend the whole load in one session.
Flavour is also better on the mV bit since the Crafty heats up in 2 minutes I hit it way more than the mV lately.

justcametomind,
Reactions: biohacker

MinnBobber

Can anyone tell me what the main advantages are of the miniVAP over the MIGHTY? I know some people have traded in their MIGHTY for a miniVAP so that's quite telling for sure.
........................................................................................

I've had a head to head comparison of the two ( my miniVAP and buddy's Mighty) and even the Mighty owner agreed that the miniVAP beat the Mighty on about 8/10 areas like:
miniVAP advantages IMO:

- taste as mV as supreme taste
- versatility as mV can be used as portable or desktop with AC puck, in about a dozen different combos of straight draw, thru bubbler via whip, thru glass mouthpiece, thru bubbler via inverted mV,etc
- perceived construction materials/quality of plastic vs aluminum
- efficient use of herbs--most effect with minimal herb
- mV stands upright by itself. Mighty-just barely with poker tool sticking out
- time between needing a cleaning. Weeks or months vs days
- ease of loading herb/ no need for special loading tool. flexicone basket modules are the best thing since sliced bread. You can preload and they help keep the chamber spotless
- ability to run via battery or AC
- longer battery life and ability to buy second battery to extend even more
- ability to swap batteries yourself vs send back to manufacturer
- Mighty max temp is only 410 F vs miniVAP 437 F
- pure convection vs convection/conduction combo
-- The Mighty has a slick dig display but why not higher temp capability?
-- Mighty is slightly smaller to conceal
-- S & B probably easier to get a hold off/ get answers

That said, the Mighty is still an excellent, probably top 5 vape. I'd for sure get the miniVAP.
Note: I'm still considering getting a Mighty for out and about use. It's a very nice unit

kimura

EDITED.... nevermind, I misunderstood

FWIW, I had a Crafty for about 8 months and recently sold it. It really worked great, but effect, taste, and efficiency were all inferior to the MV. And of course the Crafty/Mighty cooks the load constantly, you can't use the Crafty/Mighty without the battery, it's much more of a chore to keep clean, it doesn't mate with glass as easily... I could go on. Actually, I could probably wax poetic about the MV. It has retired my SSV, EVO, Crafty

but, despite the battery, it really isn't very portable, and it has a negative stealth factor. it's really more of a "home portable," if that makes any sense. I love heating it up with the AC puck and then swapping over to the battery to walk around the house

Last edited:
Top Bottom