Milaana 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@soyumatic welcome friend! There are many opinions on which 18650 battery is best for the Milaana. But to be safe this is what Ryan, the creator, recommends on his website.

What kind of batteries are acceptable for use in the Milaana?

We have approved the LG, Samsung and Sony 18650 high drain lithium ion batterie ( 20A continuous current rating. Minimum voltsgr 2.5 V with a 4.20 V at full charge.

If you don’t know anything about 18650 batteries I would recommend a google search to learn about the safe handling of unregulated lithium ion batteries.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@soyumatic welcome friend! There are many opinions on which 18650 battery is best for the Milaana. But to be safe this is what Ryan, the creator, recommends on his website.

What kind of batteries are acceptable for use in the Milaana?

We have approved the LG, Samsung and Sony 18650 high drain lithium ion batterie ( 20A continuous current rating. Minimum voltsgr 2.5 V with a 4.20 V at full charge.

If you don’t know anything about 18650 batteries I would recommend a google search to learn about the safe handling of unregulated lithium ion batteries.

Don't forget they need to be flat top!

Hey! I just received mine! 142/500! Only 5 months of waiting!
Is it supposed to come with a battery? Because mine didn't...
If not... what kind of battery am I supposed to use? Any recommendations?
I'm new to this all and there wasn't even any instruction for idiots like me.

Whoops mods need to merge my back to back posts, but try illumn.com or imr.com or lionwarehouse for LG HG2 or HE4, Samsung 30Q or 25R and grab a nitecore D2 or D4 charger... Unfortunately have to wait longer

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapor Dude

Hey! I just received mine! 142/500! Only 5 months of waiting!
Is it supposed to come with a battery? Because mine didn't...
If not... what kind of battery am I supposed to use? Any recommendations?
I'm new to this all and there wasn't even any instruction for idiots like me.
@soyumatic use a 18650 battery. A recommended battery is the LG HG2 battery. This is a flat top battery. Power seems to be more consistent during use. See https://www.illumn.com/18650-lg-186...8kx7vj5GPCOGtG3m1ZQ2JRjkA23OHZgIaApbhEALw_wcB. I got a Nitecore Q4 fast charger. It works well, takes an hour or so. Get a small 2 pack plastic box. It will hold 2 batterys or 1 battery and pre loaded short mouth piece for the road. Fire that M3 up and enjoy!

Last edited:

kurt6652

When are you going to send out new switches?
I have already emailed you and tried to contact you on Instagram.
I fixed mine, but I would like a OEM. Switch.
Cool that you have time to post about new products and not respond to individuals who have defective products.

I see Vgoodiez point now.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
When are you going to send out new switches?
I have already emailed you and tried to contact you on Instagram.
I fixed mine, but I would like a OEM. Switch.
Cool that you have time to post about new products and not respond to individuals who have defective products.

I see Vgoodiez point now.

Ah sorry for the lack of communication. I understand and share in your frustration thus my last post to direct any issue to me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com with a promise to resolve all issues. I did receive several emails about needing a replacement button in the last 24 hours and have responded to everyone to my knowledge. If you did not receive an email from me in the past 24 please send another with your name and address and I will get a few buttons out to you ASAP.

As stated in the prior post the designs that have just been released have been in the works for over a year. There was a concerted effort to get them into production's hands so that all my efforts can be focused on taking over customer service, warranty and shipping. I was only promoted to Customer Care Manager from Design Engineer a few days ago... so how about giving me the benefit of the doubt?

I cant do anything to help @VGOODIEZ but I will do my best to help you :)

TO ALL: RBT's first order of business is NOW Customer Care.

I'm excited to finally get ahead of this thing and finally take care of all those that got me here!
Its gonna be rocky for the next month or so but we will all get through it if we work together.

All emails welcome - ryan@rastabuddhatao.com

Biwic

Ah sorry for the lack of communication. I understand and share in your frustration thus my last post to direct any issue to me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com with a promise to resolve all issues. I did receive several emails about needing a replacement button in the last 24 hours and have responded to everyone to my knowledge. If you did not receive an email from me in the past 24 please send another with your name and address and I will get a few buttons out to you ASAP.

As stated in the prior post the designs that have just been released have been in the works for over a year. There was a concerted effort to get them into production's hands so that all my efforts can be focused on taking over customer service, warranty and shipping. I was only promoted to Customer Care Manager from Design Engineer a few days ago... so how about giving me the benefit of the doubt?

I cant do anything to help @VGOODIEZ but I will do my best to help you :)

TO ALL: RBT's first order of business is NOW Customer Care.

I'm excited to finally get ahead of this thing and finally take care of all those that got me here!
Its gonna be rocky for the next month or so but we will all get through it if we work together.

All emails welcome - ryan@rastabuddhatao.com
Should've been the focus to begin with. Good luck to you all.

Biwic,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Should've been the focus to begin with. Good luck to you all.

Agreed. If there is anything we can do for you please email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com. Now, shouldn't this thread be folks talking about their Mi3's?

A quick update for you folks that feel the Mi3 might be a bit hot for your taste, we will have SS screws as well as carbon steel screws (resistance in between current brass and future stainless steel for possibly 3 "temperature settings". Keep in mind that a lower temperature is accomplished by more heat dissipating through the screw / copper battery hatch making the unit slightly warmer to the touch as well as slightly less efficient.

It seems that there has been a few button failures so I will be addressing this with the factory. Sometimes ya just get a batch with a few bad apples in it. Luckily that with the new design its an easy fix.

I'm hoping to get a Mi3 too in a few weeks :)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm sure your presence here will be welcomed (well, mostly, anyway!), @RastaBuddhaTao, thanks for stopping by and for paying attention, Ryan.

My awareness of the screw options is limited to what I read here on FC, and that is that there were going to be 2, one being an 'afterthought' adaptation that would run hotter and closer to Milaana standards set by predecessor models (the delay was not an issue for me at all).
The minor surprise came when there was no extra screw in the box. The Mi3 seemed to work just fine, though I have zero previous Milaana experience for comparison. I thought maybe the issue had been merely a blip on the time line.
Now you mention a third option and it all sounds interesting, but can you please get us caught up a little by filling in some blanks in the narrative?

The other thing I'm scratching the head over is your last sentence, "I'm hoping to get a Mi3 too in a few weeks"
Have you not held one just like ours and tried it out before sending hundreds into the wild?

kurt6652

Agreed. If there is anything we can do for you please email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com. Now, shouldn't this thread be folks talking about their Mi3's?

A quick update for you folks that feel the Mi3 might be a bit hot for your taste, we will have SS screws as well as carbon steel screws (resistance in between current brass and future stainless steel for possibly 3 "temperature settings". Keep in mind that a lower temperature is accomplished by more heat dissipating through the screw / copper battery hatch making the unit slightly warmer to the touch as well as slightly less efficient.

It seems that there has been a few button failures so I will be addressing this with the factory. Sometimes ya just get a batch with a few bad apples in it. Luckily that with the new design its an easy fix.

I'm hoping to get a Mi3 too in a few weeks :)
Don't blame you for detfective switch, it was the service.
Thank you for the replacement switch.

kurt6652,

rendawg90

@rendawg90 either works but i think positive side down is best. i find it better since the dimple on the brass or copper (depending on milaana version) battery contact on top doesnt have to deal with the hump of the positive side of the battery.

Positive end down to avoid potential harm from venting while in use.

Moreso protecting the positive end wrapping, but not having the swinging copper rub against it, since yes that's where the potential damage could come from. So basically positive end down keeps your batteries safer for longer

Thanks Everyone!!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey folks... a lot going on at RBT so I wanted to post the most recent newsletter here:

Greetings, I hope this email finds you safe and healthy ... calm cool and collected in this crazy time.

I would like to thank Cole for all his work handing Customer Service and shipping the first lot of Mi3 over the past six months. Congratulations to Cole in winning first place at the State College Business Competition as well as grabbing that Marketing degree! Cole has started a new job in the political world and working on a top secret campaign :) In the next few weeks order fulfillment will be transferred from Cole to Me. Moving forward I will be the point man for any customer service issue resolution and I am here and happy to help... but please be patient as we make the transition.

Please email me for anything at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com. I have started a Customer Care Log and every issue is being captured there until it is completed. Thanks to all for the patience over the past few months. Cole's work has allowed me to finalize the designs of the Seed, ZapCap, and ZipZap as well as start work with Futo on the new desktop and Mi3 / Splinter exotic. With these designs complete I am able to now completely dedicate my time to Customer Service. Moving forward no pre-orders will be done as they get complex, disorderly and delayed. We will be adding a form to sign-up for Advanced Notification and we will let these folks know first when the new designs are ready to ship. If it is a limited run and has a serial number as we did with Mi3 the order of distribution will be random. We have learned from the 'pre-order' days and I am happy to have gotten ahead of the curve enough to slow down to speed up :)

Other than missing a few orders and having some delays we shipped over 200 Mi3 to all you patient customers. As of today we have shipped up through the order date of 10/31/2019 (order number 4457) from the www store and will have the PayPal International orders shipped in the next two weeks. Units ordered after 10/31/2019 will be shipping in 3-5 weeks. We have confirmed the Mi3s are planned to ship from the factory next week and will take 2-3 weeks to arrive. The initial batch of units has has a high failure rate of the button so this may effect the shipment that is scheduled for next week. We will either be doing testing on the buttons so we can size up the problem. In the mean time I will test the few spare units that we have kept on-hand for issues likes these. I apologize for the delay as well as the issue with button failures. We have validated replacement buttons on-hand so if you experience any loss of power in your Mi3 suddenly... it's probably the button. The button defect is only present in about 2-4% of the units but it is better to resolve the issue at the source and contain the problem from spreading like a virus. This could simply be an anomaly that is batch contained rather than a continual problem. This is the first issue that we have with a button so we are confident that this is a situation that is contained and easily manageable. With all that said... Please email me if you are having trouble at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com.

In my time working with Cole I have been able to get his advice as a Marketing guy. RBT will take advantage of this down time to slowly retool the front end of the business which desperately needs some attention. I am really excited to get back in touch with all the people that have supported me over the years. We have a warranty and customer contact form being made for the www as well as revising the troubleshooting and FAQs on the web site. Please shoot me an email if you have any suggestions on how to improve the customer experience.

Lastly, RBT is honored to have been selected to be showcased by the Arcview group... the Shark Tank of the cannabis world. If nothing else this will but RBT in touch with a bunch of great contacts in the cannabis space and who knows... maybe Mark Cuban is in the market for a dry flower floral diffuser company? More than likely RBT will remain a one man show ... but ya never know.

Looking forward to a fun 04/20/2020! Stay lifted all.

Ryan

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Greetings all. Anyone that sent me an email to request a button should have tracking for one on the way or an address to send it in to have it replaced. Sorry for this little launch bugger and thanks to all that have helped by changing out the replacement button.

The issue has been discussed with the factory and it was decided to ship the next batch of Mi3 since they are all ready. Once they arrive stress test will be done to test 100% of the buttons. Any with an issue will be replaced prior to sending out the batch. This will add some time to the process but it is required to ensure that folks receive the best quality possible. It will not be foolproof but should catch 97% of the bad eggs.

All new units will come with the brass (hot screw) installed. The hot screw might be the thing that pushed a small % of the buttons to failure (approx 5% to date)? In the box will also be the stainless steel screw that can be swapped out to shift the temperature curve down. Not that the shift down is a result of heat some added heat loss in the SS screw so it will make the unit slightly less efficient. It is possible that a standard plated carbon steel screw would add a third "temperature screw" for a mid temperature experience so it is at least worth looking at the resistance spread and see where it lies. A neat little extra value in the Mi3 that resulted from overcoming a problem in spades.

The thicker glass seems to be doing the trick along with refined manufacturing techniques. Once these few wrinkles are ironed out the Mi3 looks to be a solid little humble manual vape. Wonder what wood would be good for the next run ;)

As always, if there is anything I can do for you just email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@RastaBuddhaTao
Definitely don't do Spalted Maple, my wallet can't handle that :lol:. I still lust over the spalted maple Mi2s out there, you did such a nice job on those!

I actually don't think there were many Mi2 in spalted maple, but a lot of V2 Mi1s were ;) I have a purpleheart one of those, some others have bloodwood and canarywood ones too, along with the spalted maplea there were some super stunning Milaana made in those days...

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I haven't had a chance to try the M3 yet. It was from the first batch. What's the issue that people were having? How do I identify it?
David

madhockeydad,

Catweasel

I haven't had a chance to try the M3 yet. It was from the first batch. What's the issue that people were having? How do I identify it?
David
Biggest thing to look out for is the button not working. Should be easy to tell.

Catweasel,

Eskcharls

Grenn Dever
its been a week since i got to play with my mi3:brow:. My first RBT device, haven't dissapoint, maybe is because i don´t have a point of comparison. i did scorch my first times, but its all about the learning curve, now I´m getting huge hits :tup:.
Im not sure about sharing with friends since it does take some time to get the hang of the button pressing. :shrug:

SquirrelMaster

I actually don't think there were many Mi2 in spalted maple, but a lot of V2 Mi1s were ;) I have a purpleheart one of those, some others have bloodwood and canarywood ones too, along with the spalted maplea there were some super stunning Milaana made in those days...

Those all sound so nice :ko:. I feel like I won't be satisfied until I have a vape in every species. I'm playing a dangerous game :lol:.

Has your purple heart maintained its colour or is it starting to change to brown? I don't know how long the process takes but I keep my wood vapes in a pelican clone case for protection mostly but also to hopefully delay the wood changing color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom