• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Milaana 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Mid Nov here. Obviously nothing but really enjoying seeing these roll in. Does each unit have to be assembled or did they arrive in the states already put together?

@RastaBuddhaTao
Im speculating because I haven’t used the MI3 yet but I think I may be a customer that would be interested in a low temp screw. I like a fast extraction but I’m worried it will be to much with the short air path and through water I would always be risking combustion. I’m excited to see for myself.

The Stray Fox,

Resinrider

Mid Nov here. Obviously nothing but really enjoying seeing these roll in. Does each unit have to be assembled or did they arrive in the states already put together?

@RastaBuddhaTao
Im speculating because I haven’t used the MI3 yet but I think I may be a customer that would be interested in a low temp screw. I like a fast extraction but I’m worried it will be to much with the short air path and through water I would always be risking combustion. I’m excited to see for myself.

The unit will definitely be fully assembled and ready to go when you get it. The low temp screw option was reported to not be feasible at this time, but may be an option some time in the future. Or possibly another method of toning down the Heat. I recommend learning to modulate the button and your draw speed to achieve the temperature you prefer :tup:

Resinrider,
Reactions: Xclerk

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I recommend learning to modulate the button and your draw speed to achieve the temperature you prefer :tup:

@Resinrider thats the plan and general consensus around here. Thanks.

The unit will definitely be fully assembled and ready to go when you get it.

I realize I won’t have to assemble the thing. I want to know if Cole is putting them all together adding to extended shipping times.

I do hope Ryan beta tests a low temp option like he made mention in his post above. I thought it was off the table but Ryan brought it back up. Either way I’m not worried about it. Rocking vapes is what I do. As long as it works, and I’m sure it will, I’ll be good to go.

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: AJS

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah you're right but it's easy to say that when you already have receive yours... Waiting till August here
Sorry to cause you further frustration. I thought you might find other folks talking about your interest (getting your Mi3) in that other thread. I certainly wasn't trying to chase you away from here or anything.

As far as "already" having mine goes, well that's a mixed blessing. Yes, the long wait is over, but I think anticipation may have been the bigger part of it, for me. I was looking forward to true unregulated on-demand vaping and had worked my way toward it with half a year's Splinter use. But it may not be for me, try as I may. It may be just too much effort. One of my biggest errors is getting a bit high and not paying strict attention, next thing I know it's tasting like crap. I don't want to have to pay such close attention to the device. I've been following tips on Milaana for months and while I can see some folks are in love, this is not the case for me and it's the first vape I've ever considered selling while still almost new.
As I said, I continue to try. A lot.
Sorry for your frustrations man. We appreciate you.
Thanks, no worries.

LabPong

I'm finding this vape needs a much bigger air intake......have to draw fairly hard to get all the heat out of the lower chamber area. The Splinter Z and regular splinter work well with 2 holes. For me the Mi3 works better with the 14/18 adapter on a rig so far.

LabPong,
Reactions: bossman

GetLeft

Sorry to hear the increasing disappointment with the 3. Steep rises (and drops) in temp in short cycles of time would require close attention to the button and make it tough to regulate. From what I can tell reading here, my 2 rises and drops temps in slower cycles so it's more forgiving. I don't think I've ever combusted with it.

Maybe someone could open a thread for discussing a do it yourslef fix to tame the fast heating heater? A convenient mod for moving the load further away from the heater? Widening the air intake? Adding resistance? Granted, it's all extra time and effort that you shouldn't have to deal with, but my guess is there's some way to bring the 3 into line with user expectatons.

GetLeft,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I am not saying the Mi3 is "too much" or "too little" anything in it's primary function. I do believe it's doing what it's supposed to do and doing what many folks love it for. I'm willing to think that it has met my expectations in many ways, but also that some of my expectation was misplaced. My aging systems are starting to tell me I gotta pace things a bit more.
I will keep trying, 'cause I do think this thing may also be a good sipper, not just a ripper.

vapviking,

Obsessed 2

Someone on reddit mentioned my Mi3 looked a lot like oak. I couldn't disagree, to an extent. It did lack some of the warm color that I was seeing in others. Some looked even red.

A touch of Howard butcher block conditioner and it now looks stunning. Left top and bottom is out of the box. Right top and bottom is after conditioning. Backdrop is oak.

20200321-165454.jpg

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I do think this thing may also be a good sipper, not just a ripper.

That's how I have been using it.

My main issue is not that it's too hot, it's that the air and heat seem to go up the middle of the load in such a small area. Any way to give that airflow a larger footprint?

RogueGuy,
Reactions: GetLeft

GetLeft

Step one would be to get the stem further away from the heater to allow for a bit of difusion (or breaking down of the direct jet stream). Some sort of adapter? An o-ring to keep the stem from setting all the way down into the joint? Letting a little more airflow into the system (widening the intake)? A special difusing stem?

GetLeft,

SquirrelMaster

That's how I have been using it.

My main issue is not that it's too hot, it's that the air and heat seem to go up the middle of the load in such a small area. Any way to give that airflow a larger footprint?

Sounds like tunnelling which my MV1 introduced me to when I first got it. Once I slowed my draw I had no issues. That's always my biggest issue with free flowing vapes but I'd rather that than feeling like I'm sucking through a milkshake like the Solo 2.

LabPong

Seems like some say it runs hot....some say it does not run hot enough? I am in the not hot enough camp sort of....

Maybe draw pressure is the biggest determining factor? When I pull through the adapter in a rig....not as much of an issue compared to using the bubble stem.

LabPong,

SquirrelMaster

I said I'd get some pics up of my unit from last week but then, SQUIRREL! Here a few quick ones. I still haven't had a chance to try the device out but my coronavirus test came back negative today so that's a win (for now). Still abstaining until my current chest pain goes away. Enough rambling.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I do hope Ryan beta tests a low temp option like he made mention in his post above. I thought it was off the table but Ryan brought it back up. Either way I’m not worried about it. Rocking vapes is what I do. As long as it works, and I’m sure it will, I’ll be good to go.
Yeah, I'm glad he's open to the idea. If the Milaana 3 was my only Milaana I'd still use and enjoy it. The rapid extraction is fun and I haven't felt at risk of combustion.

I think I'm just a snob because I've owned about a dozen Splinters and they're all dialed in so well that any sort of hotspot seems uncouth. Being unregulated I was surprised my Milaana 2 heats as evenly as it does. I've been unable to avoid the Milaana 3 center hotspot using button and draw technique so I've started embracing it as a rapid extraction vape like my og Brick. I'll also sometimes use it to finish a bowl I started in the 2, especially if the cell in the 2 is a bit tired.

eideal852

For .5s extra time you could just throw a 1 battery charger (usually micro usb) in the car to throw the battery in. . Most mods wont work while charging if the batteries dead anyway.
dunno what happened, I linked the 1 cell charger from the RBT site. There is one there, it is micro usb, it is fairly cheap, and if you havent any luck, I could probably dig one out from somewhere. Thats what I started w, though I went to a 4 cell charger pretty quick once I had mods and shtuff...

eideal852,
Reactions: RogueGuy

caliganja420

Batteries charging up, getting ready to test her out. Never used a Milaana so I will check videos on YouTube... anyone have good tips or things to keep in mind. Feeling anxious about the unregulated aspect and the button feathering :shrug:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Batteries charging up, getting ready to test her out. Never used a Milaana so I will check videos on YouTube... anyone have good tips or things to keep in mind. Feeling anxious about the unregulated aspect and the button feathering :shrug:
Use great bud, low expectations, a lot of patience and let go of the button 2 or 3 seconds before you think you should!
Oh, yeah, slow draw, etc, etc, etc.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Use a plain regular stem and go slow drawing deep into the lungs, sensing vapor flavors, with a consistent medium fine grind packed like sucking up a straw with a gentle tamp at the tip. Hold the button down for 3 seconds without inhaling to preheat, then hold the button down as you draw, let go after 3 seconds, but keep inhaling and press the button again after 2 seconds, hold for another 3 seconds then let go of the button and keep inhaling to clear. That technique should work well for a fresh battery, to manage the heat and give you a sense of things. As you take more hits back-to-back the heater is heat soaked and you will need to hold the button even less, though as the battery lowers you will need to hold the button more later on. Enjoy!

AJS

Calm Consistency
I don't want to have to pay such close attention to the device. I've been following tips on Milaana for months and while I can see some folks are in love, this is not the case for me and it's the first vape I've ever considered selling while still almost new.
As I said, I continue to try. A lot.
I had a very hot Milaana 1. Took some getting used to, but it becomes totally second nature. Imagine you're taking a turn in a car. You obviously don't hold the exact same angle through the duration of the turn, you're constantly adjusting through the turn, until you complete the turn. While doing that though, once you're an avid driver, you aren't constantly thinking in your head how you're going to make the adjustments, they just happen. It is completely automatic. The same becomes true with an unregulated vape. Muscle memory takes over, and you take the feedback automatically instead of consciously. Takes some time but it's worth it for me. I absolutely love my Milaanas.
Everyone is different, maybe it's not for you and that's okay. Hopefully you hit your sweet spot so you can enjoy it :)

Hotspotting is usually a result of packing too full so your herb is too close to the heater and too dense for the air to pass through uniformly. Try grinding a bit more coarse and loosening up the load. Variables contributing to hotspotting: size of the load, pack of the load, how fine the grind is, how fast you pull.

If the vape is too hot, try giving it less of a warmup. Start inhaling right off the bat and let off before the feedback tells you it's too hot, as it's clearly ramping up too quickly for your perceived feedback. RIDE THE HEAT. You don't need to be pressing the trigger down to get vapor...it is a large surface area heater. Once the vape is at a temp, let off the trigger and continue your draw. This is an excellent technique for sippers. Press the button, inhale, wait until it feels hot, let off, continue to inhale for 5 seconds or so. I've seen vapor coming for 7 seconds or so after letting off the trigger on my other Milaanas.

If the vape is too cool, slow down your draw and give it a longer preheat. Do two hits in quick succession. Your first hit is the primer...it heats up the vape and dries the herb. You don't need to go all in on the first rip...prime the vape and the herb. Use hit 2 as your gauge, as once the vape is heated, your herb is warm and dry, then it'll be more consistent.

Unfortunately I don't have a Milaana 3 so I can't speak on this particular vape, but I've used the OG Milaana, three milaana 1s, and a Milaana 2, as well as all the Splinters. There's a lot of variables to take into consideration, move one or two at a time, check results, and take it from there.

In the end, I don't even give it a thought. I pack the herb not too much to the brim, I pack it lightly with a small tamp to keep it in place. The herb is not a powder, I allow air to flow through freely. I place the stem in, give it a second or so, inhale, and let off and back on to keep a steady temp once it's at a temp I like. The more sensitive the heater is, the more time you have before you need to press it. My OG milaana ran very cold...which means if I let off the button once it got a bit hot, I would have to press the button again within a fraction of a second or the heat would fall off too far and not be able to build up as it fought my inhale. With my hotter milaana, I could take off the trigger for a full second, ride the heat, and press the trigger again which would nearly instantly fire back up to a workable temp. So you can actually have some more wiggle room on the trigger with a hotter milaana 3.

Anyway, if I get a milaana 3 in the future, I'll be able to talk from experience :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom