Milaana 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetLeft

Thanks for the additional specs, rbt. I was needing just a tad bit more info before purchasing. Mostly wanted to know that you were sticking with unregulated. I’m in for sure whether it be at 150 or more. It’s a steal.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Yup... Milaana means modulate in Hindi thus Milaana will always be manual lol... and keep the plectrum as we are the Vapes that Rock :)

Here is the link to the IG post that shows what all pre-order peeps will get at each of the 100 unit levels.

We are working on a big prize to do a drawing for at 500... if we pass 500 additional things will be offered ... heck we get to 1000 and it could be a trip to Vegas Champs 2020? New marketing director is planning on pulling out all the stops in a grass roots give back pay it forward sort of way.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1UECeHnLlP/

sickmanfraud

By trained professionals in a factory, using professional equipment, with quality control to RBT standards... All for $125 if ordered by 8/24 :)

That was not an an answer to my question of where the Milanaa 3 will be made

Ryan i don't know if you follow the Splinter thread, but I had glass breakage in my V1 and V2.

We're the Chinese Splinters to RBT standards?

Before you blame me or say I mistreated my Splinters I need to state that neither of my Chinese Splinters was dropped or even taken out of my house. I also have a custom Splinter that gets twice as much use as the V1 & V2 combined with unbroken glass.

I also have a OG Milanaa, a custom Splinter Z, 3 Tubos which were my daily drivers for over 2 years and they all have unbroken glass.

For clarification the glass broke on the sides of the China Splinters not due to a too long stem.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
First @sickmanfraud ... I appreciate you for being a long time expert customer and I apologize for the inconvenience of failed units. We are painfully aware of the returns as the warranty cost are hefty. The question that I think you want answered in part in prior prior post.

Heavy walled glass will be custom made to improve impact resistance.

The issue with the glass is not the origin of it as all the glass came from China in the units built in the first 4 years of RBTs existence... the issue of the high failure mode is in large part due to the glass fitting too tight which was enabled by the precision of our new manufacture as when they where made by hand the hole had to be drilled to the next size bit above the glass size. This was not good from a looks standpoint as it reveals the glue joint. However, if made too tight then when the wood heats it can shrink and put pressure on the glass. You where unlucky enough to get two of the few that where in the early batches. The issue has since been addressed and all but one of these types of failures has happened in the first 30 days as if it is going to fail under normal use it will do it quickly.

In summary, a change to a new manufacturing process allowed for an improved fit that in extreme cases nearly 7% of units exhibited a premature glass failure. The change of the manufacturing process to improve the fit of the glass to wood has been optimized to prevent breakage. Future models like Mi3 will bare the expense of retooling the glass, screen and ceramic to allow for the glass to be made thicker as this has been proven in the US custom builds with thicker glass.

But to answer your question, they are made in China if quality is geographically dependent to you. If you want to call a companies product poor quality because of where it is made you can. Every company has issues to deal with... no design / process / use is perfect and there are always things to continually improve on ... let he whom is perfect throw the first stone ... I think that is a Very Good parablez don't you? Its much easier to help a man up rather than stone him for being a witch.

I hope this clears up this very important topic with some honest from the horses mouth talk.

Peace and Love for all Humans... and tell your friends to buy a mi3pre this week and get to the next level of free stuff :)

sickmanfraud

But to answer your question, they are made in China if quality is geographically dependent to you. If you want to call a companies product poor quality because of where it is made you can. Every company has issues to deal with... no design / process / use is perfect and there are always things to continually improve on ... let he whom is perfect throw the first stone ...

Ryan,

Thank you for the answers.

I do not think that quality is always geographically dependent, however, in this case, anecdotal evidence suggests it is. I have several RBT products manufactured in the USA (by you) that have held up, despite heavy use. I purchased two of your products made in China and they both broke within a few months of light use and are out of warranty and not repairable. I never used the Tubo software to cruise.

I am not an expert, but the glass in the V1 and V2 splinters seems thinner than that in the custom Splinter and Splinter Z and my OG Splinter. and Milaana

Ryan, you are the engineer and chief inventor of RBT, it would seem to my non-engineer brain that having the wood support the glass would be superior to floating in space. Would putting the air holes below the heater allow the glass and wood to have almost no gap and have the wood support he glass??

I think you can understand my reluctance to purchase items made in China.

How long is the warranty on the Milaana 3 going to be and how long for glass? The failed V1 and V2 are not only an inconvenience but also a financial loss.

Since you graciously added a bit of time for the lower prices I guess I will have a couple of days to mull this over.

Again, thank you for your transparency and explanations.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@sickmanfraud I do appreciate where you are coming from. I have my biggest retailer having very few issues with broken glass... I have one early retailer that had a sizable amount as the stock consisted of the early units that where made before the failure was addressed in manufacturing so there are local cases where the failure rate is high but globally it not that big a concern and with the no questions asked repair by replacement policy we are servicing the lion's share of the broken glass issues quickly. It appears you had the misfortune of getting in early on stock that might have had an elevated failure rate. I agree that that is not acceptable and I would like to send you a replacement splinter for your troubles. Please email me your name and address to ryan@rastabuddhatao.com and I will get one out to you with a cooling kit ASAP.

The Seed and Splinter 2 will be ditching the glass / wood interface for something more robust long term. Short term we are happy to be working with kgwoodcrafts.com to set-up in warranty and out of warranty repair of RBT vapes. This will allow for a low cost option to have a unit repaired as well as an outlet for referbished units as well. Potentially some custom MPs will be made as well if time permits. We will also be doing some awareness media around the fact that glass is fragile. These units should be handled with care and are designed to be used as a portable with care to only apply light pressure to the glass... admittedly this is a drawback of these units for sure... thus the long term goal to design it out.

Thanks for having this candid conversation so I had the chance to let folks know about what the real issues are and that RBT is taking action to build better products based on feedback from passionate customers like you. I hope you decide to jump on the pre-order and that everyone gets a great vape and tons of free stuff in the end :)

Obsessed 2

@sickmanfraud I do appreciate where you are coming from. I have my biggest retailer having very few issues with broken glass... I have one early retailer that had a sizable amount as the stock consisted of the early units that where made before the failure was addressed in manufacturing so there are local cases where the failure rate is high but globally it not that big a concern and with the no questions asked repair by replacement policy we are servicing the lion's share of the broken glass issues quickly. It appears you had the misfortune of getting in early on stock that might have had an elevated failure rate. I agree that that is not acceptable and I would like to send you a replacement splinter for your troubles. Please email me your name and address to ryan@rastabuddhatao.com and I will get one out to you with a cooling kit ASAP.

The Seed and Splinter 2 will be ditching the glass / wood interface for something more robust long term. Short term we are happy to be working with kgwoodcrafts.com to set-up in warranty and out of warranty repair of RBT vapes. This will allow for a low cost option to have a unit repaired as well as an outlet for referbished units as well. Potentially some custom MPs will be made as well if time permits. We will also be doing some awareness media around the fact that glass is fragile. These units should be handled with care and are designed to be used as a portable with care to only apply light pressure to the glass... admittedly this is a drawback of these units for sure... thus the long term goal to design it out.

Thanks for having this candid conversation so I had the chance to let folks know about what the real issues are and that RBT is taking action to build better products based on feedback from passionate customers like you. I hope you decide to jump on the pre-order and that everyone gets a great vape and tons of free stuff in the end :)
Delighted to hear khelek41girl is still onboard! Good people, good products, good service. :cheers:

dodgy_b

Hey. Current Mi owners, what are you looking forward to most in the Mi3 performance wise?

I've had 2 - Mi1.5's prior and currently have a Mi2 in heavy rotation. I was surprised how much more I liked the 2 over the 1.5. Changing the air intake from the top to the "carb hole" intake really allowed me to fine tune the experience. I also bought an XL8R cooling stem with the Mi2 so there was that upgrade as well.

If I hadn't caught the bug for collecting a few of these Milaana's I probably never would have bought the 2 but was pleasantly surprised that it worked better (for me.) That said I did preorder a Mi3. Wondering if it will be a collector's piece or another step up performance wise?

Curious how you all are interpreting RBT's initial notes here in how it may perform differently from the current versions out there.

GetLeft

what are you looking forward to most in th

I prefer my Mi 2 over my 1.5, also. But I confess that if rbt didn’t change a thing I’d still pick up a 3. I’m uneasy with the reality that there isn’t a steady Mi source and that an unfortunate drop could bring my Mi days precariously close to being over. That would suck. In an ideal world rbt has a continuous supply available but that takes continuous demand. One day maybe!

Stonedbadger

I've got both a USA Splinter Z and a Splinter Z V2 and they are both out perform any of my other vapes

I was keen to try the Milaana so very excited to see how this version turns out

sickmanfraud

no hardware differences like stronger heater, smaller, more ergonomic?

My fear would be that they use the same glass as in the Chinese Splinters. I had a V1 and V2 break the glass, which is not replaceable. Break the glass and you have a paperweight. IAks me I have two Splinters to prove it.

To be fair, Ryan said he would replace one of my Chinese Splinters and send a king cooling kit, but I have not heard anything about it in over a week.

sickmanfraud,

LabPong

My fear would be that they use the same glass as in the Chinese Splinters. I had a V1 and V2 break the glass, which is not replaceable. Break the glass and you have a paperweight. IAks me I have two Splinters to prove it.

To be fair, Ryan said he would replace one of my Chinese Splinters and send a king cooling kit, but I have not heard anything about it in over a week.

In one of Ryan's recent IG vids...he said the glass will be thicker now...they redesigned for it.

BestBuds

The Dude
I have had RBT made Vapes for a few years now. The only 2 I ever had break are the Chinese ones. One the epoxy was almost non existent on the base of the Splinter V1 and the second tipped over on the counter with a shorty stem and it broke the internal glass. I would stay silent but with others voicing their experience I find it more than oddly coincidental my Z tipped over and broke. I'm not saying that it tipped over and fell on the floor I'm saying that the mod tipped over an entire 2 inches onto its side and the glass broke.

That was a gut punch because my Z was my favorite every day vape. I have been using my eNano and Mi2 as a substitute.

sickmanfraud

I have had RBT made Vapes for a few years now. The only 2 I ever had break are the Chinese ones. One the epoxy was almost non existent on the base of the Splinter V1 and the second tipped over on the counter with a shorty stem and it broke the internal glass. I would stay silent but with others voicing their experience I find it more than oddly coincidental my Z tipped over and broke. I'm not saying that it tipped over and fell on the floor I'm saying that the mod tipped over an entire 2 inches onto its side and the glass broke.

That was a gut punch because my Z was my favorite every day vape. I have been using my eNano and Mi2 as a substitute.

@BestBuds was your Z also from China? As I mentioned previously, I have a Custom Splinter that got more than double the use of my Chinese V1 & V 2 combined. That has thick glass.

In all honesty I don't know why they are not replacing all units from China with defective glass.

If vaporizer manufacturers want loyalty from customers then "step up" when you screw up. They can keep all the accessories just replace the defective Splinters to lower the cost to RBT.

sickmanfraud,

benoitelx

Hello, I am new to the forum, I call Benoit and I am very happy to enlarge my vaporizer collection with Milaana 3. I live in Europe and I have received the paypal invoice, I paid but I have not received confirmation after payment. Is this normal? thank you and have a vape!!

benoitelx,

eideal852

no hardware differences like stronger heater, smaller, more ergonomic?
return to a rounded back side, a la Mi1. Ceramic insulator of some sort at heater mount. reduced height -losing the wood bottom cap, in favor of a brass or copper plate to cover shockybits. Most changes seem in the direction of easing production of units. Fine by me if it's got that sweet sweet RBT heater inside...

edit: also rumored to be an improved bottom side battery contact, as some would compress with physical shock, causing battery to sit too low for topside copper pick contact.
Air intake (holiest of holies) hopefully now a triangle RBT logo looking hole.
Glass indeed (reported at least) will step up to thicker glass than previously installed in china splinters.

\---I received a v1 with cracked glass, but it was a "freebie" (contest) and one of three, so I never had it swapped or anything. still have it and curious what I could do w it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom