• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mighty vs TETRA P80 (or Tinymight)?

dimmusp

Hi,

How does the Mighty compare to the TETRA P80 (or Tinymight)?

I keep reading wonders about the latter and tried to but the P80 yesterday, but these artisan vapes are almost impossible to get.

Surprisingly, I saw that Troy (420vapezone) still considers the Mighty to be his top vape even though he has every other model. So now I'm very interested in the Mighty, which you can find in stock everywhere.

It's also interesting to see that people rave about the vapor quality of the Mighty even though it uses plastic to cool the vapor.

Thanks

PS: Yes, I found a very similar thread here (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/mighty-vs-tinymight-vs-tetra-p80.47993/) but they just told the person to check the TETRA P80 vs Tinymight thread. I'm not so interested in comparing those two against each other, but more versus the Mighty ;)

Last edited:
dimmusp,

GoldenBud

Troy likes the Mighty because it's a device which he can take outside without rethinking. no glass inside of it. massive battery without the need to replace it, easier to carry outside
even the Mouthpiece isn't glass..
I think the quality of the vapor of TM/TP80 is better

TP80/TM 100% convection on-demand, Mighty is like mostly conduction maybe? but good taste too.

I think Troy said that if he could keep only 1 vape, it would be the Mighty. but he calculates the chances that it'll break/fail, so that's why he wouldn't keep TP80 (glass) if he could keep only 1 device.

dimmusp

Troy likes the Mighty because it's a device which he can take outside without rethinking. no glass inside of it. massive battery without the need to replace it, easier to carry outside
even the Mouthpiece isn't glass..
I think the quality of the vapor of TM/TP80 is better

TP80/TM 100% convection on-demand, Mighty is like mostly conduction maybe? but good taste too.

I think Troy said that if he could keep only 1 vape, it would be the Mighty. but he calculates the chances that it'll break/fail, so that's why he wouldn't keep TP80 (glass) if he could keep only 1 device.
Hmm! Yeah, maybe he was giving a lot of importance to durability.

Have you tried any of the three vapes?

dimmusp,

GoldenBud

Hmm! Yeah, maybe he was giving a lot of importance to durability.

Have you tried any of the three vapes?
I tried Tubo evic once, and like 5-6 times of Mighty. Tubo evic better flavor, better kick, better mood.
Mighty is also very good, I consider it to be a better vape than my own Solo II.
It depends how is the "kick" you wanna get, haha. TP80/Tubo hits harder. like a desktop hit.
but it depends how "strong" you are. if you were a bong combuster for years, don't get Mighty. else, it's a good option

But if you have a passion for TP80... better be waiting to 20/4
Impcognito/Imp also a good idea, if u got a mod

Stone as Emma

IG : jean_roulin_420
Missed on the last TP80 drop, holy cow people were too fast & bought all the awesome prebuilts units in plain sight while refreshing my browser. So frustrating :bang: daaaaaaamn !!!

Anyway back on topic
The Tetra P80 is currently the endgame portable heavy hitter vapor quality device IMO & after lot of research.

I only have the Mighty for now, it’s an awesome dumbproof long session slow extraction sipping type of vape with precise temp control.
But from what i understand, if you’re looking for vapor quality, hard hitting with outstanding customizable experience (stems, nubs, whip, session/on demand,...) possibilities TP80 is the one rite now :love:

Did you hear me ?! I need a Tetraaaaaaaaaaaaaa :rofl:

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
These VS threads are kinda silly. Devices are too different. At the end of the day the answer is highly subjective to the experience the end user wants to receive and doesn’t really have anything to do with “what vape is better”

This is why Troy recommends the mighty.

I only have the Mighty for now, it’s an awesome dumbproof

it will offer the best experience without the need for any “vape knowledge”

@dimmusp what features do you like about these vapes and what kind usage are you hoping to get from them ?

im not a robot

i have both a tm & mighty and vapor quality is hard to compare, and of course highly subjective. they are pretty close in quality imo, just different. at the end of the day i might give the edge to the mighty, despite the plastic, but i like the hybrid heating (conduction + convection). big plus of the tm is on demand usability. the mighty bowl (even the dosing capsules) hold too much for me (but i am a lightweight), so if i am by myself i have to turn it off prematurely & reheat material later in the mighty. not a desaster, but certainly not ideal. heat up time is also much much longer on the mighty. but the mighty is a good choice still i think, just depends on your priorities as easywider said.

sickmanfraud

I have never tried a Mighty, but I do have a Tinymight and a Tetra P80.

The power of the Tinymight is really not found in most of the other vapes available today.

With the Coronavirus hitting smokers harder than non-smokers I have changed the way I vape.

I use water almost exclusively now. The Tinymight is able to give me super quick extraction. I find that I get a quicker extraction with the Tinymight than the G-43 without the warmup time.

I like my P80 also, for me it is more of a session (cruise) vape and I am using more tinctures and RSO caps and less vaping ATM.

dimmusp

@dimmusp what features do you like about these vapes and what kind usage are you hoping to get from them ?

Good question :)

i'm looking for a reliable, easy to use vape that won't combust on me (regulated temperature).

I'll only use it at home, but my balcony doesn't have power outlets and I'd rather not have to drag along a 3 meter extension cable.

Aside from that, one of my main priorities is for it to be as safe and healthy as possible. So a clean airpath that doesn't go through electronics or send hot air through volatile plastics, metals, or wood oils.

My ideal would be all-glass, but at the same time I don't want something that can get me burned like a butane or coil-powered ELEV8R.

I'd also like the vape to be efficient, so at first I thought it was on-demand convection or nothing. But then I saw how impossible it is to get a TETRA P80 or Tinymight, and started to look very seriously at Troy's beloved Mighty!

I would only use it a couple times a week, so I assume the efficiency difference wouldn't add up to a lot of money a month. (Right??)

I'm not really a smoking or vaping expert (pretty much just eat edibles), so I'm not too picky about vapor flavor, "terps", etc. I do know that some buds smell really good, so I'm assuming that would translate into good taste :)

Oh, and I'd always use it alone (*maybe* shared with my wife if she dares go beyond edibles). So being able to pass it around at parties, etc. is not really important.

Also, I'd only use it at night and never a bunch of times a day, as I need to be as sharp and clear-minded as possible during the workweek.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good question :)

i'm looking for a reliable, easy to use vape that won't combust on me (regulated temperature).

I'll only use it at home, but my balcony doesn't have power outlets and I'd rather not have to drag along a 3 meter extension cable.

Aside from that, one of my main priorities is for it to be as safe and healthy as possible. So a clean airpath that doesn't go through electronics or send hot air through volatile plastics, metals, or wood oils.

My ideal would be all-glass, but at the same time I don't want something that can get me burned like a butane or coil-powered ELEV8R.

I'd also like the vape to be efficient, so at first I thought it was on-demand convection or nothing. But then I saw how impossible it is to get a TETRA P80 or Tinymight, and started to look very seriously at Troy's beloved Mighty!

I would only use it a couple times a week, so I assume the efficiency difference wouldn't add up to a lot of money a month. (Right??)

I'm not really a smoking or vaping expert (pretty much just eat edibles), so I'm not too picky about vapor flavor, "terps", etc. I do know that some buds smell really good, so I'm assuming that would translate into good taste :)

Oh, and I'd always use it alone (*maybe* shared with my wife if she dares go beyond edibles). So being able to pass it around at parties, etc. is not really important.

Also, I'd only use it at night and never a bunch of times a day, as I need to be as sharp and clear-minded as possible during the workweek.

Yeah the thing with the mighty is how slow it is to heat up, and that it is constantly cooking whether you inhale or not, and that the bowl is a pretty decent size (maybe the dosing capsules help you use less? never had one) I got a mighty to use on a trip to Colorado for a weekend, nice with a group and simple, but then I sold it since the Tetra and TinyMight are so much more enjoyable for me: better taste, efficiency, speed, etc. I am a snob for on-demand pure convection, and even more so with glass stems and handmade wooden bodies! So many options

GoldenBud

Edible high is so good and different.. that 11-Hydroxy-THC is so much potent than the D9..like 4 or 5 times.. you won't achieve it from vaping. even if you'll vape 0.1g in some Glass Symphony XLR or so.. in 1 hit full extraction.. I doubt you'll get it. you can achieve a trippy feeling, but not like the 11HT ;)

I got a friend which said that Volcano is so much better than Mighty, maybe go for a desktop device?? it won't be like edibles but maybe not too far away, maybe

Last edited:

tokenknifeguy

I got a tetrax and I've always been interested in the mighty but I supposedly have a Tiny Might on preorder but we'll see how long it takes for that to go through. Sitting at 2 months already. I just don't see how the mighty can be better than the tetrax though. Reason why I say this is b/c everyone talks about how long it can take to finish a bowl in the mighty, whereas I can finish a bowl in 5 hits or so in the Tetrax. I just can't see the mighty keeping up with that. Still very interested in it and the crafty but until they get a removable battery, Ill probably keep passing to the left.

1nd3cEnt

How does the Mighty compare to the TETRA P80 (or Tinymight)?

I have both the S&B Mighty & the TetraX.

Although my Mighty has been stalwart, I never use it except for OTG & for visitors who are vaping noobs. The Mighty is now very old technology & IMHO not a good value anymore. I will never sell the Mighty bc it is just so easy to use, but it is not part of my home rotation, the Mighty just cannot compete with the Tetra on any level.

The Tetra 4-coil heater is a beast, desktop level vaping in a portable, heats to 400F in 2 seconds, you can fill the 18mm male joint with 0.5 gm (see Bud's review), or microdose with 0.05 gm in the rimmed basket. On the other hand, I never take the TetraX out of the house bc of all the glass.

Instead in the meantime, go for a Healthy Rips Fury Edge ($130 & less), or an inexpensive 510 flower vape, like the Stempod with its rebuildable coils. Next, do your best to get tomorrow's tech, the TetraX, TetraP80, or the Tinymight.

dimmusp

Wall of text incoming, please bear with me! :)

Sitting at 2 months already. I just don't see how the mighty can be better than the tetrax though. Reason why I say this is b/c everyone talks about how long it can take to finish a bowl in the mighty, whereas I can finish a bowl in 5 hits or so in the Tetrax.

the Mighty just cannot compete with the Tetra on any level.

The Tetra 4-coil heater is a beast, desktop level vaping in a portable, heats to 400F in 2 seconds, you can fill the 18mm male joint with 0.5 gm (see Bud's review), or microdose with 0.05 gm in the rimmed basket.

[...]

Instead in the meantime, go for a Healthy Rips Fury Edge ($130 & less), or an inexpensive 510 flower vape, like the Stempod with its rebuildable coils. Next, do your best to get tomorrow's tech, the TetraX, TetraP80, or the Tinymight.

Oh, believe me guys, I was totally set on getting a TETRA P80! But I've been following the TP80 and Tinymight for months and I've just about had it with waiting months for the chance to buy a handmade artisan vape that you then have to wait 6+ weeks for :S

I then saw Troy's (420 Vapezone) tour of his vape collection, where he said the Mighty is his favorite, and thought to myself: "mass-market, easily-available vapes from established companies, here I come!" :p

But of course, then you read a lot of comments from people saying that the TETRAs are way better, that the Tinymight is the greatest thing ever, etc...

I'd considered the Fury Edge, but didn't like that it's mostly conduction and there's a dodgy blue silicone gasket very close to the oven. As for 510 mods, I've read a lot about how they can overheat (Stempod), how the glass breaks easily (Chinese Splinters), or how you can see the coils glow, which sounds like a vapor safety no-no (Dreamwood Glow).

So now I'm Googling all over the place for reviews and comparisons to see if the Mighty is worth it instead of a TETRA. There are some sales now where you can get it for ~€225 with coupons, which is more or less the same price as the TP80 and makes me wonder if a Mighty+ is around the corner...

dimmusp,
Reactions: Summer

GoldenBud

But of course, then you read a lot of comments from people saying that the TETRAs are way better, that the Tinymight is the greatest thing ever, etc...
Ask yourself what you seek from your vape.. You wanna extract 0.1g in 3-4 hits? you want to have a good session? before you compare ask yourself the right questions..... it's good to do it now before 420 haha ;)

don't say no to 510 vapes.. Impcognito is also a good idea, had amazing sessions with had in TCR mode. small bowl, good taste.. you got many options

you can get Dynavap m (60$) + dynavap m (30$ sale) + ELEV8R rig kit + Jhook in the same price as the Mighty, for example...

usually people like the TP80/TM because they like fast extraction.

im not a robot

yes, figuring out what kind of experience you want from the vape is key. maybe hard to do without prior experience? do you have experience with other vaporizers? sorry, i may have missed this..
all of the options considered here so far seem to have merit, none of them bad buys i think, but chances are, whatever you end up getting might not be the last vaporiser you want to own. google will not be able to satisfactory answer whether
the Mighty is worth it instead of a TETRA
because it is just so subjective.
yes the mighty is older technology, and it seems likely some kind of upgrade is not too far in the future. but it has had a good reputation for a very long time for a reason. the question is wether its characteristics are sth that work for you: hybrid heating, bowl size are some of those. the heat-up time is a clear con. but not a deal breaker.
it comes down to your own personal style / expectation / tolerance / and how that will react with the vaporiser you have in your hand. i realise this sounds like a blanket statement, but thats what still has me looking for the *perfect* vaporizer. i dont think i am alone in that quest.
if you feel strongly it should be a p80 but you dont want to wait (btw - i believe there is one on offer in the classifieds right now? http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/eu-tetra-p80-wenge-black-300€-shipping.48711/ ) do consider a dynavap. it is so cheap in comparison & excellent value that will serve you well while you wait. it should also be able to complement a p80 well, just a different experience. it comes down to personal preference of course, and there are many pros and cons, but at the end of the day it is the one i cherish the most (i have a mighty, a tinymight, and a firefly). and i am also still looking.

im not a robot,
Reactions: dimmusp

vapviking

Old & In the Way
If anyone is still checking in here, I have a question or two.
Wife and I have enjoyed Mighty/Crafty for last 5 or 6 years, and the vape collection has grown in this time. We still put Mighty near the top of our list mainly for the ease with which we can share it w/each other, take it out, etc.
Have certainly learned to appreciate convection with other vapes, like Grasshopper io, RBT Splinter (had it on a P80 for a time!), even the V-Leaf Go. Great flavor and extraction from all of those.

The big ? for us right now has to do with the amount our old throats/lungs are coughing - specifically when using Mighty and not when using those others. Does anyone have similar experience with Mighty? Could this be a factor (our issue, of course, not everyone's) of using conduction vapes? Pax left the house a while back, so I have no other conduction vape to compare.

The question next is, would the Tinymight be a good replacement for Mighty -- specifically for more leisurely sessions? I see the chamber can be adjusted to larger by moving the screen, how does that work out?
If you lay on the TM for 6 or 8 hits at a middle temp., does it get stale/hot/cough-y?

angular ocelot

Wife and I have enjoyed Mighty/Crafty for last 5 or 6 years, and the vape collection has grown in this time. We still put Mighty near the top of our list mainly for the ease with which we can share it w/each other, take it out, etc.
Have certainly learned to appreciate convection with other vapes, like Grasshopper io, RBT Splinter (had it on a P80 for a time!), even the V-Leaf Go. Great flavor and extraction from all of those.

The big ? for us right now has to do with the amount our old throats/lungs are coughing - specifically when using Mighty and not when using those others. Does anyone have similar experience with Mighty? Could this be a factor (our issue, of course, not everyone's) of using conduction vapes? Pax left the house a while back, so I have no other conduction vape to compare.

The question next is, would the Tinymight be a good replacement for Mighty -- specifically for more leisurely sessions? I see the chamber can be adjusted to larger by moving the screen, how does that work out?
If you lay on the TM for 6 or 8 hits at a middle temp., does it get stale/hot/cough-y?
i replaced my mighty with a tinymight, partly for the reason you state.
i could not finish a full cap without having a bad coughing fit by the end. the sessions were just too long and because it is still heating i felt i had to keep drawing on it even when i needed a break.
with the tinymight i load a smaller amount for one or two big hits and then by time ive loaded it again my throat is ready for another couple of hits.
but there are lots of ways to use the tinymight, its quite versatile.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah but the TM is also going to extract much quicker, you're going to get fewer hits, I mean you could load more but if you load too much you hurt the efficiency, and could require stirring... TM threw a jayhook is pretty fantastic though (and the cooling unit is very effective) and being near instant on demand is ideal for me, just cannot compare to the slow session conduction extraction the mighty requires... So I would not really say they are comparable, in my mind the TM is much superior, but it fulfills different needs and different usage... For stretching out as a more efficient better tasting smoother session, I think the Tetra P80 could be a better option for you if you can snag one... Also the firewood7 being a conduction hybrid, though instant on demand, could be more what you are looking for, it can be harsh hitting but that is controlled with the cooling options... But yeah I do not like using session hybrid conduction vapes like the mighty really, because it entails back to back hits while it is cooking the herbs for you, and gets really harsh that way despite any cooling... So even though it is going to be a different usage experience, yeah on demand is superior I think, also you get to clear your hits fully pulling in fresh air after you disengage the heater but keep inhaling, that is a big factor in smoother hits actually!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I sold my Mighty once I got the Splinter Zs humming. These days the Tinymight, OG Sticky Brick, Vleaf Go, and now the super punchy Firewood7 make the rotation alongside the RBT vapes (Zs and Milaana). Vapcaps and induction heaters too but more for convenience as they don't hang for flavor or vapor quality.

I adapt all the portables to some nice j-hooks too, which robs some flavor but offers a ton of cooling if that'd help you and your spouse. That plus a few nice on demand vapes will definitely result in fewer hits and less throat irritation to extract a given amount of.
signal-2021-05-07-175738.jpg

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
My mighty made me cough too. I sold it and replaced it by convection on demand vapes (Lil'bud, Glow18). It's much better for me, less plastic, more class, more flavor and efficiency, much less caugh. Combined with a J-Hook to refresh vapor, it's a really nice experience.

Top Bottom