Mighty vs TETRA P80 (or Tinymight)?

dimmusp

I had the same issue of harshness from the Mighty, but in the end I actually attribute much of that to a relatively high vapor production. I had to switch to MTL for the Mighty to compensate which made a big improvement. IMO people do underestimate the power of the Mighty a bit, it can crush 200mg in like two good pulls.
Excuse my ignorance but could you please elaborate on mouth to lung versus... whatever the other one is called? 😅

Thanks

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Excuse my ignorance but could you please elaborate on mouth to lung versus... whatever the other one is called? 😅

Thanks

I think it's just the difference of, convection and conduction inhalation methods, for convection you want to breathe in deep so you are creating the vapor and inhaling it into your lungs all simultaneously for a steady hit? As opposed to a session conduction vape that you might slow sip vapor that is already produced by the oven, like puffing with your mouth and then inhaling deep into your lungs??

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Thanks

Direct to Lung is just inhaling straight to the lungs, and Mouth to Lung is pulling vapor in with your mouth, and then inhaling that into your lungs. M2L is more of a "puffing" action. I find the shape/design of the mouthpiece on a vaporizer has a noticable effect on the dynamics of the inhale.

The reason I switched to M2L with the Mighty is because once it's at temp, I feel the combination of hybrid heating quickly produces quite a bit of vapor, and the M2L smoothes it out for me when using directly. It's probably the only vape I ever use M2L on but some people use that technique with a lot of devices.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

Thanks

I think it's just the difference of, convection and conduction inhalation methods, for convection you want to breathe in deep so you are creating the vapor and inhaling it into your lungs all simultaneously for a steady hit? As opposed to a session conduction vape that you might slow sip vapor that is already produced by the oven, like puffing with your mouth and then inhaling deep into your lungs??

Direct to Lung is just inhaling straight to the lungs, and Mouth to Lung is pulling vapor in with your mouth, and then inhaling that into your lungs. M2L is more of a "puffing" action. I find the shape/design of the mouthpiece on a vaporizer has a noticable effect on the dynamics of the inhale.

The reason I switched to M2L with the Mighty is because once it's at temp, I feel the combination of hybrid heating quickly produces quite a bit of vapor, and the M2L smoothes it out for me when using directly. It's probably the only vape I ever use M2L on but some people use that technique with a lot of devices.

Nothing to feel ignorant about, for whatever reason I can't grasp this concept at all :lol: I haven't been able to inhale into my mouth but not my lungs unless its like a half second puff, but what good does that do me? Even if I think about it and focus on the feeling of "pulling" from my lips vs my lungs, it's all going to my lungs anyway...

Hashtag big rips only

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Perhaps you have never smoked a cigarette? It would be rare to DTL a cigarette. And I think the same with joints, but it's maybe more evenly split between those who use each method. But then of course there's bong hits....which can also be a hybrid, I suppose.

btw, while I have heard people discuss theses thing, this is the first I've ever seen these terms, like, capitalized as a bona fide thing!

The big rips part can be achieved with drawing MTL, because it's a series of them on the same hit. With conduction vapes, this puffing or sipping leaves brief pauses during which the chamber can literally make more vapor.

I tend to agree with @invertedisdead, I am more inclined to MTL on Mighty, while with convections vapes (and water pieces, regardless) I do more direct draws.
And @Shit Snacks has it right with the convection/conduction difference as well.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Perhaps you have never smoked a cigarette? It would be rare to DTL a cigarette. And I think the same with joints, but it's maybe more evenly split between those who use each method. But then of course there's bong hits....which can also be a hybrid, I suppose.

btw, while I have heard people discuss theses thing, this is the first I've ever seen these terms, like, capitalized as a bona fide thing!

The big rips part can be achieved with drawing MTL, because it's a series of them on the same hit. With conduction vapes, this puffing or sipping leaves brief pauses during which the chamber can literally make more vapor.

I tend to agree with @invertedisdead, I am more inclined to MTL on Mighty, while with convections vapes (and water pieces, regardless) I do more direct draws.
And @Shit Snacks has it right with the convection/conduction difference as well.

Idk, I was smoking a pack per day for quite a while. Sometimes more. Maybe I had the same issue there, pulling all that goodness (now I see it as grossness lol) deep into my lungs

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Nothing to feel ignorant about, for whatever reason I can't grasp this concept at all :lol: I haven't been able to inhale into my mouth but not my lungs unless its like a half second puff, but what good does that do me? Even if I think about it and focus on the feeling of "pulling" from my lips vs my lungs, it's all going to my lungs anyway...

Hashtag big rips only

I think the idea is when “puffing” you inhale a little bit of fresh air behind each little puff to help break up the constant stream of hot air.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I think the idea is when “puffing” you inhale a little bit of fresh air behind each little puff to help break up the constant stream of hot air.

So sort of using your mouth to modulate like a carb? Interesting. Normally I just pull for a bit and chase it down with some fresh air, and done.

I'll have to break out the IQ2 and give this puffing thing a shot. Perhaps another reason I struggled getting really satisfying clouds with it, convection vapes tend to mesh better with my hitting style.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So sort of using your mouth to modulate like a carb?

Exactly! At least that’s the way I tend to use it.

I usually hear about people using mouth to lung with Dynavap stuff. But the Mighty is the only vape I really use it on. I think it’s because the Mighty reminds me of a doobie the way you see vapor climbing out of the mouthpiece, also because you can’t clear the chamber with these types of vapes, so as soon as you start inhaling theres a rush of vapor. So a few mouth pulls can help break up the heat. But 99.99982% of the time I’m steaming a desktop through water so I’m definitely not the MTL guru by any means :D

Shit Snacks

Ah yeah I guess I do do it with conduction devices, but it's like simultaneously, puffing with the mouth as you inhale too so it doesn't really feel like a separate thing?? Either way I am inhaling deep into the lungs, the difference is if I am puffing too I guess

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
think i need to clear this up with an easy explanation.

you kiss the vape/cigarette. you only fill the mouth with smoke and then sort of kick it i to your lungs by opening the mouth and inhale.
creating the vacuum with only your mouth cavity, no lungs involved at first.

average_joe

As someone who owned both (I own the tetrax that its the same heater) I want to give my experience. If I could only have one for me I would go with the Tetrax/Tetrap80 because:
- Flavor is way better
- Heat up is almost non
- Cleaning is so easy
- Replaceable batteries
- It just hits different, almost like a dab, super strong high, even too much for many of my friends and this is were I want to make emphasis, lot of my friends dont want to vape anymore with me if I use this vape because they end up inside their heads and say nothing for hours. There is more, a lot of my friends are not the smartest and I need to explain to them how to use the vape everytime but they just cant understand simple things like longer draws at the beggining, dont press the button when cruising (they always turn it off), triple click and single click, etc. I use high temp at the beggining and then lower it down to control temperature when the device is soaked with heat, they dont get that and end up combusting, I never combust with it. So its a pain to use with my friends (hope yours are smartest).

All the above is why I need a new vape anyway to use with friends but the Mighty was not even close to worth it for the price:
- Battery life is bad
- Flavor isnt great
- Loading and unloading material is annoying compared to vapes with stems (suck and blow method)
- The screen isnt protected properly
- Aluminium chamber
- Self shut off cant be deactivated (I think they did that so ppl will let the vape cool down as it tend to crack around the oven)
- Heat up time is slow and if its cold outside is even slower and when pulling the oven temp lowers a lot (this should stop the self shutofg but did not work for my Mighty)
- Overall poor construction for the price
But! It was so easy to use that most of my friends liked it a lot and I liked it because I just gave it to them without any instructions other than to press the button when it vibrates (no one remebered that and the vape kept shutting off, but still smaller issue compared to the problems with using the Tetrax). For the price I dont like the Mighty anyway so I still want a new vape to use with friends, I loved the Tera and still use it but its too harsh to me and flavor is meh, trying to get the firewood 7 to see if that one works and I really like the Crafty+ for the right price, just wish they made a version with removable batteries.

Hope this helps anyone pick the right vape for their needs and as Mario would say "Tetrax Number Oneeee" portable for me so far but I can see how the Mighty, Mighty+ or Crafty could be the right tool for some.

Have a good one!

Shit Snacks

As someone who owned both (I own the tetrax that its the same heater) I want to give my experience. If I could only have one for me I would go with the Tetrax/Tetrap80 because:
- Flavor is way better
- Heat up is almost non
- Cleaning is so easy
- Replaceable batteries
- It just hits different, almost like a dab, super strong high, even too much for many of my friends and this is were I want to make emphasis, lot of my friends dont want to vape anymore with me if I use this vape because they end up inside their heads and say nothing for hours. There is more, a lot of my friends are not the smartest and I need to explain to them how to use the vape everytime but they just cant understand simple things like longer draws at the beggining, dont press the button when cruising (they always turn it off), triple click and single click, etc. I use high temp at the beggining and then lower it down to control temperature when the device is soaked with heat, they dont get that and end up combusting, I never combust with it. So its a pain to use with my friends (hope yours are smartest).

All the above is why I need a new vape anyway to use with friends but the Mighty was not even close to worth it for the price:
- Battery life is bad
- Flavor isnt great
- Loading and unloading material is annoying compared to vapes with stems (suck and blow method)
- The screen isnt protected properly
- Aluminium chamber
- Self shut off cant be deactivated (I think they did that so ppl will let the vape cool down as it tend to crack around the oven)
- Heat up time is slow and if its cold outside is even slower and when pulling the oven temp lowers a lot (this should stop the self shutofg but did not work for my Mighty)
- Overall poor construction for the price
But! It was so easy to use that most of my friends liked it a lot and I liked it because I just gave it to them without any instructions other than to press the button when it vibrates (no one remebered that and the vape kept shutting off, but still smaller issue compared to the problems with using the Tetrax). For the price I dont like the Mighty anyway so I still want a new vape to use with friends, I loved the Tera and still use it but its too harsh to me and flavor is meh, trying to get the firewood 7 to see if that one works and I really like the Crafty+ for the right price, just wish they made a version with removable batteries.

Hope this helps anyone pick the right vape for their needs and as Mario would say "Tetrax Number Oneeee" portable for me so far but I can see how the Mighty, Mighty+ or Crafty could be the right tool for some.

Have a good one!

Nice, yeah this is certainly the case, and the TM hits all the positive points that TP80 does... I think the X-Max V3 pro makes a better option than the Mighty even now!

Top Bottom