Micro-dosing

Tommy10

I had a huge weekend!Bought a 3.5 at 11Am Saturday, didn't touch it till 1am Sunday night and was all out by 2pm Sunday :( not sure how on earth, anyways got a gram that afternoon, because I'm away and couldn't really find more. Didn't touch it anymore Sunday, left it till Monday evening to have two vapcap bowls and might do the same tonight.

Tommy10,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I received a response from Davinci and they no longer carry the item.
Huh? So does that mean they have stopped making them, did they give a reason why?

Should I be concerned with using them?

The plot thickens!

1DMF,

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Huh? So does that mean they have stopped making them, did they give a reason why?

Should I be concerned with using them?

The plot thickens!
Stay tuned. I got a private message in this forum that they have them. I will let you know what is going on as soon as he responds back :)

Silat,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Stay tuned. I got a private message in this forum that they have them. I will let you know what is going on as soon as he responds back :)
OK cool, I don't use my Ascent without them, and would be concerned if I could no longer get them or there was a reason to stop using them.

I've lost one already, so am down to my last one!

1DMF,

Vaked420

I had a huge weekend!Bought a 3.5 at 11Am Saturday, didn't touch it till 1am Sunday night and was all out by 2pm Sunday :( not sure how on earth, anyways got a gram that afternoon, because I'm away and couldn't really find more. Didn't touch it anymore Sunday, left it till Monday evening to have two vapcap bowls and might do the same tonight.

That's good! I feel like the only way to reliably cut back is to do it slowly and on your own terms. If you're relatively happy with your consumption and would just prefer to use less in the future then what's worked for me is to just actively use less and less and over the last 10 or 11 months or so I've cut down to a fraction of what I used to use. It's funny cause I tell people I'm cutting down continuously and people expect some drastic change, but at least for me the only way is to cut down slowly unless I wanted to just not vape for a couple months and cleanse myself, which I don't feel I need and after which I would probably just end up getting back to where I was to begin with. It's not hard to live without weed, but it is hard to live with weed and have enough self control to not overdo it.

5f619ba516.jpg

The microdose master!!! :rockon:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
OK cool, I don't use my Ascent without them, and would be concerned if I could no longer get them or there was a reason to stop using them.

I've lost one already, so am down to my last one!
I did my best but today they told me that they are unavailable.
The letter:
"Hi there Lew,

At the moment we do not have any spacers available.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank
you,

Tirishi Cravens

Consumer Relations Associate
tcravens@davincivaporizer.com
Organicix, LLC"

Silat,
Reactions: 1DMF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You can get the daisy glass flowers which are pipe screens off of Amazon online. You can use them as spacers without any problems.

A glass bead that you know didn't have any lead or anything toxic in it can be used. I bought some glass beads through Michael's Craft store and they worked until I bought the flowers off of Amazon. I never use the Acent without a spacer.

You can also use cotton as a spacer. When the cotton gets stiff with resin, you can vaporize that.

TomC1315

i use the extreme Q bag for my small doses. it works great. try your volcano. just fiddle with it a bit and maybe you'll find that it will work fine.

i dose .05 or less and let the bag fill about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way. the vapor isn't thick but it is fine and the high is just right for me.

Yeah, what stressed said :-)
dMOMpozl.jpg

the EQ bag system (w/ DDave bowl) works great with small doses ... whether I'm loading .02g for four nice hits, or a .04g to double that, the EQ set up is quite efficient ... a quick attempt at a second bag yields virtually no vapor.

7n5kmzOl.jpg

.04g piles ... @$320 an ounce, .04g costs just under 50 cents

y3FEEYhl.jpg

I can't seem to get less than .06g, so two sessions per stem can work out well if I'm mindful.

1wyNjuTl.jpg

Every 60 to 80 minutes throughout the day on weekends, a couple of times after work/before dinner during the work week (if at all, depending ... I try for at least two or three days without)

Micro-dosing with a vape makes it all a healthy, efficient, and economically reasonable undertaking.

Last edited:

Baron23

HI guys - I'm late to the party here but very interested in this subject. I have consumed cannabis for 49 years all told but don't consider myself a heavy weight in terms of tolerance or ability to carry a heavy high. Most of this usage was youthful recreational use and I was in it for the psychotropic effects.

Eight years ago I woke up with a badly damaged back and had surgery which helped but still left me with a great deal of painful neuropathy. Now, I'm not a tough guy but after a time you come just deal with some level of constant pain as I was still working and often in an environment where I could not use cannabis. However, sleeping has been the challenge of my life as there is no comfortable position and I wake up constantly throughout the night to roll over, rearrange all of the pillows that hold me just so, etc, etc.

So, Dr will gladly give me (and have given me) oxycodone for pain, Valium and Robaxin as a muscle relaxer, Ambien (the zombie maker) and Zanax for sleep, and my favorite duo of Lyrica and Neurontin. After feeling like a human chemistry experiment, I don't take this crap anymore. Occasionally a Robaxin or a Xanax but rarely. Instead, I started vaping before I go to bed while staying clean during the day as I am still working (and live in a state where the medical program is still in the license application stage...sigh).

So generally, I was just trying to knock myself out around 1 hour before bed time and getting up to 2 1/2 -3 hours of sleep at a time! Oh my did I love that.

Now, I'm getting ready to retire and I recently have tried very small doses useful during the day time...not f*cked up...but slightly medicated...makes my day more comfortable.

I don't think I have anything like the experience with this that is posted in this thread, but I did buy the reduced chamber and dosing capsules for my Volcano and using smaller doses to good effect.

I also have been searching for that great portable vape that would do very small doses and I believe I have found it in the Grasshopper I now own (knock on wood, dang thing is still working correctly). Further in pursuit of the vaping equivalent of a dugout and bat, I have ordered but not yet received a Vapcap. If that doesn't work out, I will try the VapMan, and if that doesn't work out....LOL

Having read this thread, I believe I have been over dosing myself with my before bed session and I'm logy and a bit fog bound the next morning. Also, I think I need to try to keep my day time dose to a single draw or so and see how that works for getting me through the day. This thread has given me all kinds of ideas.

One thing I do know is that I react better if I rotate among strains...right now I have a sativa dominant popular hybrid and two old school indica hybrids. If I stick to one strain, I seem to get numb to it.

Thanks for all the ideas...sorry how long this post is...guess I just needed to 'talk' :-)

Mr Mellish

HI guys - I'm late to the party here but very interested in this subject. I have consumed cannabis for 49 years all told but don't consider myself a heavy weight in terms of tolerance or ability to carry a heavy high. Most of this usage was youthful recreational use and I was in it for the psychotropic effects.

Eight years ago I woke up with a badly damaged back and had surgery which helped but still left me with a great deal of painful neuropathy. Now, I'm not a tough guy but after a time you come just deal with some level of constant pain as I was still working and often in an environment where I could not use cannabis. However, sleeping has been the challenge of my life as there is no comfortable position and I wake up constantly throughout the night to roll over, rearrange all of the pillows that hold me just so, etc, etc.

So, Dr will gladly give me (and have given me) oxycodone for pain, Valium and Robaxin as a muscle relaxer, Ambien (the zombie maker) and Zanax for sleep, and my favorite duo of Lyrica and Neurontin. After feeling like a human chemistry experiment, I don't take this crap anymore. Occasionally a Robaxin or a Xanax but rarely. Instead, I started vaping before I go to bed while staying clean during the day as I am still working (and live in a state where the medical program is still in the license application stage...sigh).

So generally, I was just trying to knock myself out around 1 hour before bed time and getting up to 2 1/2 -3 hours of sleep at a time! Oh my did I love that.

Now, I'm getting ready to retire and I recently have tried very small doses useful during the day time...not f*cked up...but slightly medicated...makes my day more comfortable.

I don't think I have anything like the experience with this that is posted in this thread, but I did buy the reduced chamber and dosing capsules for my Volcano and using smaller doses to good effect.

I also have been searching for that great portable vape that would do very small doses and I believe I have found it in the Grasshopper I now own (knock on wood, dang thing is still working correctly). Further in pursuit of the vaping equivalent of a dugout and bat, I have ordered but not yet received a Vapcap. If that doesn't work out, I will try the VapMan, and if that doesn't work out....LOL

Having read this thread, I believe I have been over dosing myself with my before bed session and I'm logy and a bit fog bound the next morning. Also, I think I need to try to keep my day time dose to a single draw or so and see how that works for getting me through the day. This thread has given me all kinds of ideas.

One thing I do know is that I react better if I rotate among strains...right now I have a sativa dominant popular hybrid and two old school indica hybrids. If I stick to one strain, I seem to get numb to it.

Thanks for all the ideas...sorry how long this post is...guess I just needed to 'talk' :-)

This should be an intro post for everyone. Thanks for your transparency. I am rotating as well but I'm probably over dosing. Props to GHL for a device that accommodates different styles and needs.

Mr Mellish,
Reactions: Nugg

Vaked420

Hey! Sorry to hear about your pain :(((

Anyways a vape I would suggest is the magic flight launch box. Extremely efficient but it takes a while to take a hit and it's got quite a learning curve so it's not great for social settings but sounds amazing for what you want to do! I usually will do what you're saying and take 1 good sized draw and it'll get me feeling good but not overwhelmed by the negative side effects.

I also like rotating strains. I recently started collecting and have 5 different strains on hand and even that isn't enough haha. Do you have choice on strains you buy? And do the strains change when you reup? One thing I've been doing is just buying smaller amounts and buying way before I run out so I have a couple grams of all the strains I've had.

Anyways good luck in your quest for pain relief! I wish you the best!

Vaked420,

Baron23

Hey! Sorry to hear about your pain :(((

Anyways a vape I would suggest is the magic flight launch box. Extremely efficient but it takes a while to take a hit and it's got quite a learning curve so it's not great for social settings but sounds amazing for what you want to do! I usually will do what you're saying and take 1 good sized draw and it'll get me feeling good but not overwhelmed by the negative side effects.

I also like rotating strains. I recently started collecting and have 5 different strains on hand and even that isn't enough haha. Do you have choice on strains you buy? And do the strains change when you reup? One thing I've been doing is just buying smaller amounts and buying way before I run out so I have a couple grams of all the strains I've had.

Anyways good luck in your quest for pain relief! I wish you the best!
Hi and thanks!! Now, I tend not to go on about my back because I know that many others are in much worse shape than I and have greater struggles. Mostly, I was just trying to set the stage for how I use vaping and for what purpose. But I appreciate your nice thoughts.

I don't think a MLFB is the right one for me. I do not own one, but have used one. I'm finding the Grasshopper to be pretty effective down to about .4 - .5 g. Volcano with reduced chamber and dosing capsule...about .1 g. I'm waiting for a Vapcap to see how it does with small dose one-and-done type vaping. If it doesn't work, then I will look at Vapman as a possibility.

I'm am eyeing an e-nano as possible next purchase as I understand that they are wonderful with only a pinch.

I don't really have a choice in my state yet...the government in my state are turning the license review process for growers and dispensaries of medical cannabis into lifetime long project so the program STILL is not up and running (fucking hate politicians). So, I currently have three strains including a couple of varieties of one strain. So, when I come across something and its good, I will buy a good bit (well, good bit for me...maybe 1 1.5 oz) and try to keep it from decomposing or just getting stale. I would much more prefer to have greater variety and be able to buy less at a time due to regular access.

Cheers

Last edited:
Baron23,

Vaked420

OK ya haha then I definitely think an e-nano is right for your use. I had an underdog that unfortunately got stolen :( but log vapes are absolutely wonderful and amazing for their efficiency and sheer vape units of output per second as I'll put it haha. They rip super milky hits from the smallest pinches.

dopse

After reading this thread I realise how much of a lightweight I am. 3.5g of Cannatonic have already lasted me 2 months of daily usage in my Arizer Air and Vaponic and I reckon it wil take me another 2 months to go through the rest of it it. Usually I like my microdoses to just give me a tiny buzz once or twice a day. Just two small puffs after work strips the fatigue off and provides me with the needed energy to go out discover my surroundings and meditate instead of just vegging out in my room. Then later in the night I maybe have another few puffs at a high temperature to smoothly guide me into sleep.

Since I am in the market for a new daily driver after my Arizer Air got run over by a car, I am wondering which one would suit my usage best. I am sure that convection has its benefits in conservation and on-demand vapour delivery. However, I am very undecided about which vape to get and figured this thread would be the best place to ask for advice since this is neutral ground and users reading this thread have a similar pattern. Please just ignore this part of my post if you do not want to have anyone asking for buying advice here.

I could either get a Grasshopper from a reseller at 238 euros or wait for the new Firewood 4 to be released. If someone could help me evaluating those two options with the microdosing beackground in mind, that would be great.

Squiby

My daily drivers were the Vapman and the Lotus until my Vapcaps arrived. I used to use the Vapman during the day for fast light hits. Then in the evening I would use the lotus for my bedtime meds.

I only use the Vapcap now. It is the most versatile, convenient, tiny and efficient little vape I have ever tried, not to mention affordable and attractive to boot. The vapour is very smooth. You can hit heavy or in micro doses.

I am a light weight myself. I just tear off a tiny bug off a bud and pop into the Vapcap several times a day to keep myself productive and happy. No need for a grinder with this vape. Super easy to use, toasty ABV every time. It fits in your pocket nicely since it is no larger than a cigarette.

I absolutely love the Vapcap!

Here is my Copper Stoned body Vapcap with its Raw Edge Burl Dynastash

j4Fj3Bj.jpg

Since I am in the market for a new daily driver after my Arizer Air got run over by a car, I am wondering which one would suit my usage best.

The Vapcaps have no battery, no wires, no electronics or plugs switches to keep track of or worry about charging or flooding or malfunctioning etc. They are heated externally with your heat source of choice; torch lighters, bics, candles, stove elements, quite likely car cigarette lighters all work admirably. Simple, elegant and a serious vaporizer.

The Omni model Vapcap is all metal Titanium and Stainless steel. It is quite possibly indestructible.

The Omni with its stash...

ZDLnXzM.jpg

Vaked420

After reading this thread I realise how much of a lightweight I am. 3.5g of Cannatonic have already lasted me 2 months of daily usage in my Arizer Air and Vaponic and I reckon it wil take me another 2 months to go through the rest of it it. Usually I like my microdoses to just give me a tiny buzz once or twice a day. Just two small puffs after work strips the fatigue off and provides me with the needed energy to go out discover my surroundings and meditate instead of just vegging out in my room. Then later in the night I maybe have another few puffs at a high temperature to smoothly guide me into sleep.

Since I am in the market for a new daily driver after my Arizer Air got run over by a car, I am wondering which one would suit my usage best. I am sure that convection has its benefits in conservation and on-demand vapour delivery. However, I am very undecided about which vape to get and figured this thread would be the best place to ask for advice since this is neutral ground and users reading this thread have a similar pattern. Please just ignore this part of my post if you do not want to have anyone asking for buying advice here.

I could either get a Grasshopper from a reseller at 238 euros or wait for the new Firewood 4 to be released. If someone could help me evaluating those two options with the microdosing beackground in mind, that would be great.

I would suggest the magic flight launch box. It has a very steep learning curve and can be hard to get any vapor from, but once you figure it's magical secret out it is the most amazing microdosing vape IMO by your draw speed you can choose the temp of each draw, I've gotten to the point of skill where I can start around 340-350 and slowly increase my draw temp with each hit until I reach around 370-380 to finish off my bowl. It can take anywhere from just a pinch that gives me two or three hits or it can fit up to about .1 grams of finely ground flower and give a solid 15-20 hits. Very portable, very simple and has a lifetime warranty, and has the benefit of being stupid cheap, especially if you buy it used like I have.

Good luck! And 3.5 grams over 4 months once or twice a day is the definition of microdosing! Happy toking!

Gettinbetter

I like the firewood 3 for this purpose. I believe he has stopped selling them for a few months however, while he finishes up the firewood 4. I'd think a used one could be found. Carts are a good option too if you have the ability to get to a dispensary.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I use 10-12 different vapes in any given week. That being said I am no micro-doser. I am a Macro-doser lol! I vape several grams a week as well as all the concentrate I care to consume. My tolerance is kinda high but fuck it! I really enjoy the act of vaping and dabbing and I manage to always get my work done and stay successful so I figure what the hell?
But If I ever were going to Microdose there are a few vapes I have that excel at it.
As others have said before, Vapman and vapcap are both very good at this due to the complete control of heat with butane vapes. I can also milk the Milaana with an elb top mod (tiny load) or DDave kit for quite a while by ramping up temps.

The Evo surprises the hell out of me too! I know this is in a different league but my girlfriend loads the tiniest pinches in an elb and gets several hits at 12' o clock in the Evo. Not to mention it has one of the "Stoniest vape signatures" of all except maybe the Daisy and Supreme.

And the best for taking 1 tiny piece of bud and thoroughly blasting it in 1 hit is the Supreme V3! Is is extremely efficient and will stone you on a tiny chunk of weed in a matter of seconds. I do not even save the ABV from this beast.

Baron23

My daily drivers were the Vapman and the Lotus until my Vapcaps arrived. I used to use the Vapman during the day for fast light hits. Then in the evening I would use the lotus for my bedtime meds.

I only use the Vapcap now. It is the most versatile, convenient, tiny and efficient little vape I have ever tried, not to mention affordable and attractive to boot. The vapour is very smooth. You can hit heavy or in micro doses.

I am a light weight myself. I just tear off a tiny bug off a bud and pop into the Vapcap several times a day to keep myself productive and happy. No need for a grinder with this vape. Super easy to use, toasty ABV every time. It fits in your pocket nicely since it is no larger than a cigarette.

I absolutely love the Vapcap!

Here is my Copper Stoned body Vapcap with its Raw Edge Burl Dynastash

j4Fj3Bj.jpg

The Vapcaps have no battery, no wires, no electronics or plugs switches to keep track of or worry about charging or flooding or malfunctioning etc. They are heated externally with your heat source of choice; torch lighters, bics, candles, stove elements, quite likely car cigarette lighters all work admirably. Simple, elegant and a serious vaporizer.

The Omni model Vapcap is all metal Titanium and Stainless steel. It is quite possibly indestructible.

The Omni with its stash...

ZDLnXzM.jpg
Since I originally wrote that post, I did indeed receive my vapcap OG and now my Ti Woody. I have to agree...the MOST I can get into it is .05 and I get great effects from the 3-4 draws I get from a load. VERY efficient and easy to use in my view.

Still doesn't replace my GH but is definitely a vape that supports a small dose style.

toked23

Since I originally wrote that post, I did indeed receive my vapcap OG and now my Ti Woody. I have to agree...the MOST I can get into it is .05 and I get great effects from the 3-4 draws I get from a load. VERY efficient and easy to use in my view.

Still doesn't replace my GH but is definitely a vape that supports a small dose style.

Happen to try the firefly 2 yet? I've had great luck with mine, .1g lasts 15 pulls or sometimes better for me. I have a professional job and only use it after work and weekends but I can easily get a week out of .1g. And tastes fantastic

Baron23

Happen to try the firefly 2 yet? I've had great luck with mine, .1g lasts 15 pulls or sometimes better for me. I have a professional job and only use it after work and weekends but I can easily get a week out of .1g. And tastes fantastic
Nope...not ready for prime time yet, company or vape, IMO. Actually, same can be said of GH but I've been lucky and mine is working well.

Baron23,

Shieldsab

Tried a microdose with my Crafty last night. I'm not sure exactly how much I put in, one decent sized pinch from my grinder, topped off with the pad. Still got 6 or 7 tasty rips and the effect was fantastic, and a lot different to the full bowl I did the other day. Officially a microdose believer.

Top Bottom