Mediating Cannabis/Cannabinoid Withdrawal Symptoms via Endocannabinoid

momatik

Haha, exercise is a big part of this I'm afraid. 40 minutes of running increases anandamide levels by 80% in the blood, which is a great increase in endocannabinoid synthesis.

You are only increasing eCBs through 2 methods here; some parts of the diet provide precursors (NAPE, glycerol, and Fish Oil), and the other is exercise.

Other parts of the diet are inhibition of FAAH, which is an attempt to stop your body from degrading your endocannabinoids.

So yeah, it's an important part. And any is probably better than none.

momatik,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
i have been taking the fish oil

i'll take a walk today

woke up late today after staying awake too long (withdrawal), and was jittery again (stronger than last 1/2 of yesterday), but after taking my meds I'm back down to 30-40% of jitters.

thanks for the info!

EDIT: Friday afternoon, vaped, think i'll take that walk now, haha

VWFringe,
I've lurked here for over a year now and this thread has caught my interest as I'm attempting a t-break myself right now. I've been vaping pretty heavily for about 3-4 years straight now and even the most potent strains from the clinics here in california don't do it for me anymore.

My major symptoms of withdrawal in previous t-break attempts listed in order of severity were:

* insomnia
* irritability
* lack of appetite
* mild depression

The depression as stated is mild and more of a boredom than anything. It takes some time how to reteach your brain how to entertain itself without pot. Here is my planned daily regimen for this t-break:

* 1 hour brisk walking - 3-4 miles total.

* 2.25oz 85% cocoa dark chocolate - probably in the morning. Did this today and it is quite a bit of bitter chocolate to get down.

* Massive amounts of fish oil for omega-3 - The standard store brands are a little weaker than most people think. I am tripling the dosage recommended on the bottle and doing 6 capsules daily. My research has shown this to be required if you use a cheaper brand of fish oil. More expensive liquids with higher purity you can use less.

* Multi Vitamin - Standard centrum for men formula.

* Tylenol - going to do 500mg in the moring and 500mg in afternoon/evening

Another aspect of this not mentioned in the original study is diet. I do not have a healthy diet and am figuring some changes there might ease this process as well. If anyone has recommendations on foods to help or any thoughts on what I've outlined above please share.

Thanks!

vaperussia,
Reactions: momatik
Day 1 - wasn't too bad. Woke up in the middle of the night covered in sweat a couple times. Do not feel as rested as normal but can function fine. The depression was pretty bad this morning until I got breakfast/dark chocolate/tylenol and vitamins down. Felt a bit better after that.

I anticipate the withdrawal symptoms to increase in the next 2-3 days and then hopefully subside a bit. This has been my experience in the past with taking a break. So far I would say the regimen has decreased the symptoms but as stated above I think the true test will be within the next few days.

I'll keep this updated even though nobody seems to be reading :) Its at least helping me as a journal type thing to keep this all straight in my head.

vaperussia,
Reactions: momatik
Day 2 - Extreme irritability/depression. Regimen didn't seem to help much. Broke down at about 5pm and ended up vaping the entire evening. Going to retry this next week with a fresh head. I suck at willpower.....

vaperussia,

momatik

I found that starting the supplements a day before the t-break helps "transition" on that first day. I also remember reading in the original thread that eating some chocolate before and after exercise makes it especially useful, though I cannot vouch for this myself. I too can noticeably feel symptoms subside shortly after morning supplements.

vaperussia, did you manage to take the afternoon 500mg tylenol in before vaping on day 2? I felt that helped relieve symptoms a great deal.

momatik,

JEKLIS

i think its important to note that fish oil works with the human body better then omega supplements.

also hemp oil has a great omega ratio that's supposed to absorb better then any other oils containing omegas. has all to do with the ratio of the omega 3 and 6.

cold pressed and refridgerated is the way to go with hemp oil. i use manitoba harvest and i hear nutiva is also great.

im starting yet another break again tomorrow. im going to try to abstain until 4/20. first few days will be hard but it should be a cakewalk after that.
Also, hemp seeds contain all omega and essential oils in the right combo for human consumption. Im sure the hemp oil has the same, but the seeds are easy to eat alone or to throw in some food. I eat them everyday along with holy basil supplement to clear my lungs.

JEKLIS,

Greenscreen

An interesting read this one..
I didn't realize certain things could help me get over the slight withdrawals.. Will look into some dark chocolate and try and get more omega3 in me next time..

I recently took a long T-break because my tolerance had got far to high. I managed 14 days and began to feel a lot better after 4-5 days..
I realized along the way that I didn't want my vaping career:science: to be so habitual, as i was vaping large amounts everyday.
So I said to myself that's it from now on it won't be everyday I'll just do it on the weekends..

I did my 14 days as planned then that weekend thought I'd have my first vape, thinking that I'd be able to vape just for the weekend and go back to normal on Monday with little or no withdrawal..

Unfortunately I have realized over the past few weeks that vaping on the weekends takes me back to square one of the withdrawals and I go through 3 days of light withdrawals before my endocannabinoids catch up and start being produced naturally again? By which time it's nearly the weekend and then i vape and go back to square one all over again.

Do you guys experience similar? or do you vape occasionally with no problems and little withdrawal?
Personally going back to square one of withdrawals once a week is frustrating and in some ways I feel I'd be better off vaping habitually or not vaping at all..

I think this is basically because when your vaping everyday your body stops making natural cannabinoids as you are putting them in yourself via the vape.. Then when you take a T-break it takes a few days for your body to catch up and create natural ones again so for a while you have no cannabinoids whatsoever in your body leaving you with slight withdrawal?

Sorry if I have taken the thread off topic, but I don't know where else to ask and can't find much information on this sort of thing...

In summary my question is, Will my body get used to me vaping once a week or will I have to go through the withdrawals once a week whilst waiting for my endocannabinoid's to catch up and be produced?
Can occasional use of the vape be mastered without withdrawal or is it just part of the process?

Thanks for any help in advance.. Bit miffed on this one :\

Greenscreen,
Reactions: cosimo
I wanted to chime in with an update that I have some other health issues that have made taking a t-break unattractive atm but hope to get back to this subject soon.

Griff9 - I may try moderating your dosage on the weekends. You are probably going "full bore" with your weekend usage just like you used to when you vaped every day. You should not be reaching the level of saturation where you experience withdrawls from one weekend of use UNLESS you are vaping heavily(at least a few times a day probably) over the weekend.

I would suggest trying to keep your dosage low for one weekend and see how that goes. It is surprisingly counter intuitive but their is a lot of evidence to the "less is more" theory of marijuana dosage.

vaperussia,

Greenscreen

vaperussia - that's another good point I didn't take into consideration.. Each time I have vaped on the weekend I haven't used the less is more theory. I think this may have something to do with it actually. Will just have to see how it goes this weekend.

Greenscreen,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I wand to add something. If you hate fish oil, but still want to take your omega-3 fatty acids you can try MegaRed Omega-3 Krill Oil.

http://www.schiffvitamins.com/product_detail.asp?id=196

I have been using it for a year or so. It gives me everything I want from fish out... with no fishy burps.

Also... I read somewhere that men should avoid flax seed oil because it can affect their prostate. I am not sure if that legit or not. It scared me enough that I switched to MegaRed.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Vicki

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Hey people
I am resurrecting this thread instead of making a new one as I think the info here is interesting. I am surprised to see there is so little discussion on this. Will be adding my take later but for now I 'm going to see if anyone else can chime in....

I have currently embarked on a forced break from cannabis after about 9 years of daily vaping (0.5g-1g per day)!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Hey people
I am resurrecting this thread instead of making a new one as I think the info here is interesting. I am surprised to see there is so little discussion on this. Will be adding my take later but for now I 'm going to see if anyone else can chime in....

I have currently embarked on a forced break from cannabis after about 9 years of daily vaping (0.5g-1g per day)!
How were your findings?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I found out I need to set aside a lengthy holiday to do this kind of thing! A month seems to be the minimum if you really want to change something after chronic use.

It seems that if I have been doing edibles then the withdrawal symptoms can be worse. I got lots of digestive trouble that I hadn't had in past breaks when I hadn't been doing edibles. CBD didn't do much for this or the insomnia. I had been doing edibles for a chronic painful condition I have and this got pretty bad. All in all, it was about 3 weeks of physical suffering (plus the symptoms of insomnia) that I had to end because I had stuff to do that couldn't wait so I had to be functional.

I took organic linseed oil and sprouted linseeds ( dehydrated) but didn't think enough about diet or supplements TBH as insomnia is a mind killer for me.

I think the way to go is to reduce dosages gradually rather than cold turkey, and pay a personal trainer upfront for a month of physical exercise tailored to me. It won't be cheap and once I've paid that money I won't have so many excuses not to do it! Getting exercise, getting the blood flowing and getting physically exhausted frequently, should help fix the sleep issue which is the problem in my case- I believe using cannabis as a sleep aid long term leads to chronic health issues because of lack of proper REM sleep which means lack of proper rest. B vitamin supplements have been suggested to deal with this but I doubt they will be enough..

Last edited:
Top Bottom