• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MaxVapor E-Nail - 2018 Version

SilentJ

I’m excited to try the coil paired banger setup from 710Coils with the new controller. I’d considered getting a Liger but everything is read on here seemed to point to the banger setup being best now a days. What’s everybody’s opinion on the new Air comparatively? Think I should get that for variety? VAS is taking a toll ont he wallet as it is but I must have the best! :ko:

Last edited:
I’m excited to try the coil paired banger setup from 710Coils with the new controller. I’d considered getting a Liger but everything is read on here seemed to point to the banger setup being best now a days. What’s everybody’s opinion on the new Air comparatively? Think I should get that for variety? VAS is taking a toll ont he wallet as it is but I must have the best! :ko:

It’s not a fair comparison. A Liger Air with sapphire insert is like 5-6x the price of a 30mm/axial setup. I don’t think it’s 5-6x better. I think you will be very pleased. I enjoy my setup. I have the 30mm axial setup from @710Coils. Either will be awesome on the MaxVapor.

SilentJ

It’s not a fair comparison. A Liger Air with sapphire insert is like 5-6x the price of a 30mm/axial setup. I don’t think it’s 5-6x better. I think you will be very pleased. I enjoy my setup. I have the 30mm axial setup from @710Coils. Either will be awesome on the MaxVapor.
Think it’d be worthwhile to get an insert for the 25mm banger? Is it really necessary with this controller since it can do an uptemp?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Recently seen several longtime CCA customers selling/shelving their Ligers, including the Air, in favour of the @710Coils banger/coil combo. And these guys are all experienced high-performance, best at whatever cost, always on the tip dab fiends :uhoh:! :lol: J/K but you know what I mean, these members are the vanguard imo, not afraid to drop $$$$ for those of us who can only be spectators. Sounds like you not afraid either!

Like @scalescliffs correctly pointed out, the Air is waaay more dosh than a banger/coil and these dudes who have driven and tested both extensively prefer the 710 b/c. That’s all I need to know. The minute I start squishing, I’ll call Shane. If you want variety then definitely you should buy both. Maybe used?

No doubt the Max Vapor needs to be paired with a 710Coil. That should be mandatory. Best looking coil by far, the only coil that looks like it deserves a premium, modern controller. I can hardly wait for this little controller to get into some members’ hands and see what everyone thinks!
:popcorn:

SilentJ

Sounds like you not afraid either!

I definitely see the value in investing to perfect the experience as much as I can within reason. The amount for MaxVapor controller and a 710Coil setup is still less than I’ve dropped on product at times. And will last far longer! :lmao:

No doubt the Max Vapor needs to be paired with a 710Coil. That should be mandatory. Best looking coil by far, the only coil that looks like it deserves a premium, modern controller. I can hardly wait for this little controller to get into some members’ hands and see what everyone thinks!

Totally agreed! I do love the look of it and am eager to try it out with the coil setup. Im upgrading from a NV controller and FP setup. I’m probably too eager as I’ve been pestering Max a bit asking when to expect my unit as the USPS status hasn’t changed since Friday. He quickly responded today saying they’re putting on the last touches and the units seen on IG were pre-certification. The certified units are apparently stilll a few weeks out from shipping.

*waiting for USPS like*

Baron23

Recently seen several longtime CCA customers selling/shelving their Ligers, including the Air, in favour of the @710Coils banger/coil combo. And these guys are all experienced high-performance, best at whatever cost, always on the tip dab fiends :uhoh:! :lol: J/K but you know what I mean, these members are the vanguard imo, not afraid to drop $$$$ for those of us who can only be spectators. Sounds like you not afraid either!

Like @scalescliffs correctly pointed out, the Air is waaay more dosh than a banger/coil and these dudes who have driven and tested both extensively prefer the 710 b/c. That’s all I need to know. The minute I start squishing, I’ll call Shane. If you want variety then definitely you should buy both. Maybe used?

I do have @710Coils kit and love it. But I also have a Liger 2.0, 20mm with Obsidian and continue to love it.

I am, however, very happy to have not got involved in the Liger 3.0 or Air debacle. No interest and I believe that my 2.0 will last a lifetime with only minimal care.

SilentJ

Still no change in the status of my package. USPS still doesn’t show it being received. Really wish I’d get some information or confirmation that my unit is going to be in my hands soon. This is feeling a bit ridiculous to have had it showing waiting shipment for over a week when they’ve said units were in the mail or would be.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I'm out of the loop on this whole Liger fiasco. Can someone give me a quick rundown? Have always considered getting one so would be good to know...
Just check out the last few pages of both threads for Ligers 3.0 & Air here, it’ll all become very clear. It’s pretty funny and entertaining too, for the spectator with no skin in the game. Recommended reading when insomnia or boredom occur! :tup:

@SilentJ thought that shipping of the first units was still held up for a few weeks IIRC? I’m quite probably confused or wrong, but try not to let the anticipation become frustration. Once you open the box, all this will all melt away. You’re going to be among the very first stoners to get this next-level controller and everyone here will be hanging on your every word about it! That’s a shitload of FC street cred, are you ready to be a VIP dabber?! But I get it, it’s easy for me to say this when you’re living it.

SilentJ

@SilentJ thought that shipping of the first units was still held up for a few weeks IIRC? I’m quite probably confused or wrong, but try not to let the anticipation become frustration. Once you open the box, all this will all melt away. You’re going to be among the very first stoners to get this next-level controller and everyone here will be hanging on your every word about it! That’s a shitload of FC street cred, are you ready to be a VIP dabber?! But I get it, it’s easy for me to say this when you’re living it.

The production units that have the certification are supposed to ship out in a few weeks. I am supposed to get one of the pre-certified units. He made a post on IG on units shipping out on Tues. I wrote him an email about it asking what the status was on Wed and he stated that one of my units was in that post and it should be in the mail in a few days. I would have expected it to be shipped on Friday to meet that. It's now Sunday over a week after I first got the shipping notification and still no movement. That's why I'm frustrated. I've been told multiple times and given evidence that it would be mailed out and on it's way to me by now but it's still sitting in FL. Remember that these were originally supposed to be released in August and now it's almost middle of October. I've paid for a full 710Coils setup that's going to just be sitting unusable until I get the controller just to make matters worse.

SilentJ

Emailed the maxvapor team earlier and got a response that early testers found some bugs on Friday that they’re working to stamp out. Was told that barring any other unforeseen issues I should have my unit this week. *fingers crossed*

ReverendMobin

@710Coils If I remember correctly, I think I read somewhere that you have a 20mm coil that works without needing to be spread on Liger 3.0 20mm? If so, are these compatible with the maxvapor? I'll have to order one if yes :)

ReverendMobin,

SilentJ

I wish I could be writing you right now extolling this amazing new controller. I wish I could be showing videos and pictures showing the App and how it works. I wish I could be saying something different instead of sounding like a broken record. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen. I’m still waiting for my device to be given to USPS. I’m now on the THIRD shipping notification. I guess I’ll just keep waiting for my product to be sent...

Gn169YT.jpg

SilentJ,
Reactions: Hogni

SilentJ

Condolences, that doesn't sound good :huh:
Thanks, but things have improved. The owner got in contact with me and has made arrangements for me to get my unit. I’ve confirmed that USPS has it and I should have it on Thursday. I should be able to answer questions and provides images/vids once I have it in hand.

SilentJ

@SilentJ Sooooo, how is it :)
Unfortunately, the review is going to have to wait a bit longer. I did receive the unit on Thursday and snapped a few pics of it that I’ll share here:

OzvtSmE.jpg

ga3mA27.jpg

SV3QsNG.jpg

Library: https://imgur.com/a/PlbRDlj#OzvtSmE

The reason for no review at this time is that while I was messing with the unit settings I somehow got it stuck in a reboot loop. I’ve been in communication with @maxvapor710. His devs have replicated the bug and have released a fix. Sadly, as the only fix is to do a software upgrade, which requires getting at the SD card, @maxvapor710 has sent a replacement which should be here next week. I’ll be sure to get more pics and vids of the unit once I get the new one in. Early thoughts though, it’s an amazing little device and I can’t wait to get to explore it more. It’s extremely well built and easy to use. I’m excited to see the connected features.

Last edited:

Blargas541

Did it show up yet?

I wonder why maxvapor hasn't showed any bit of the software or web interface yet

Blargas541,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
We didn't think it was wise to keep advertising something already well passed the expected release date.

I have spent every waking minute over the last month buried in regulatory paperwork or staring through a soldering microscope doing inspection and rework to get every unit shipped as soon as I can, and we are still only managing to get a few units out every day.

We have been in touch with everyone who has received a device so far, and while there have been a few issues they have all been resolved with the utmost speed, I am sure anyone that has emailed or contacted us on instagram can attest to the level of support that we provide to customers who have problems or concerns.

I am finally done with all of the paperwork and just playing the waiting game at this point for the official clearance, but I can start to devote more time to answering questions or concerns here as well. Posting dab videos all day is just not my thing and our Instagram and YouTube will generally contain more technical content or stuff we are experimenting with than trying to push anything for sale.

Definitely in too!
Very small size as well. Real plus.

@maxvapor710 is the November 2018 deadline for EU units still on target? (if I recall you reply correctly?).
Not in a hurry, just trying to get an idea of how to fund this one...

In order to sell to the EU we have to have CE Testing completed which is another step on top of the FCC / Industry Canada testing we are currently undergoing.

As the current unit only has a 120V relay inside we did not feel it was worth the additional expense to pursue CE Certification as it costs about $5k to do and you wouldn't be able to use a 220-240v coil on the current unit anyways.

Literally the minute we receive clearance on the first device, we will submit the 220-240V version for review and will have a pre-order period for EU customers to get the same pricing while testing is being done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom